(Topic ID: 148683)

Texas Pinball Fest 2016 Tourney: New and Improved!

By Snailman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mike21878
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

standings_(resized).jpg
    IMG953356_(resized).jpg
    index_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honeybadger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

Yes very much appreciated. Looking forward to this tournament!

2 weeks later
    #70 8 years ago

Ok, I was excited for this tournament but no longer. 20 plays is not even worth my time to come. Sure you can refund my tourney entry if needed but are you gonna refund my flight, hotel and rental car??? Complete BS to do this after asking people to prepay and book a trip around this.

#76 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

If 10 plays was going to make the difference, then I'd argue you shouldn't have booked in the first place. Especially given the history of the TPF tournaments and how they end up running. If you feel like you had a legitimate shot at making finals with 30 plays, then you should be skilled enough to bring your A game and do just fine with 20. There's plenty to enjoy at the show, and not nearly enough time to enjoy even half of it as well as play in the tournaments.
    Stop being absurd. Take a deep breath, realize there's a lot more to TPF than just the tourney. You'll have a blast.

You are right in the fact that I should have listened to people and the history of the TPF tournament that warned me. 10 plays cuts my tourney time by 33%. The tourney is the only reason for attending the show for me as I could care less about the free play area. If I average 5 min per game that gives me less than 2 hours of play time for the entire qualifying time! Not cool to change it after the fact.

#78 8 years ago
    Quoted from batcitypinball:

So 10 more plays in the tourney is what makes you want to not attend one of the best pinball shows in the world? Priorities! You weren't guaranteed 30 plays before based upon qualifying time which is why this was changed. Come, get your plays in, have a good time, play some pinball!

Yep, I for sure would have got my 30 plays in because I'm not one of the ones who waits to the last few hours of qualifying to play.

#156 8 years ago

Simple solution here would be to add six more pinballs to the tournament keep the entries at 30 and then everybody is happy including myself!

#170 8 years ago

Why not just add more pins to the tourney???

#184 8 years ago

As i said before for me it's not about the tourney money but the fact that they changed this after people had paid and booked trips. YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT IS WRONG!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honeybadger.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-fest-2016-tourney-new-and-improved?tu=honeybadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.