(Topic ID: 148683)

Texas Pinball Fest 2016 Tourney: New and Improved!

By Snailman

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 234 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by mike21878
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

standings_(resized).jpg
    IMG953356_(resized).jpg
    index_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#86 8 years ago

Holy crap, I snoozed I loozed. I was waiting until the last minute since I was sure it would not reach 200 people and I guess I was right!
    I had no hope of winning but at least with the new format I thought I could have fun and still have time on the floor.
    On the plus side I'm now $60 and 6 hours richer. Best of luck everyone!

#148 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont like being lied to or feeling like I was taken advantage of or forced into a change of what was promised, $1 or $1000 and it all feels the same.

No one is trying to take advantage of anyone. I think the directors (volunteers by the way, not people making money off selling a pin) are trying to salvage the tournament as best they can. Yes, part of that is having a high payout because that's what attracts the top players and makes it a more important tournament. You may be playing 10 less games but you are still competing in a tournament for the same potential gain and on a level playing field (no pump and dump).

Are you saying that if this current plan (160 people, $60, 20 plays) was the original one you would have skipped TPF completely or just the tournament? If you would have skipped TPF completely then I don't understand because if I were to fly that far for a tournament it would be because I expected to have a great chance of winning and that small change should not matter. I know I can't compete at that level and was going to play for fun and enjoy the rest of TPF.

If you only would have skipped the tournament then get a refund or hell, just send me your paypal and I'll give you $20 so you can quit complaining...

#154 8 years ago

Well said and good points. I am definitely defensive because I know the tourney directors take it very seriously and want it to go smoothly, just for the love of the game. Same as Marcus last year and he caught tons of shit for the problems that happened.
    Keep trashing the tourney directors and then people can wonder why there's no tournament....

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Hope you do well, I love watching underdogs take out highly ranked players.

I've been hearing good things about "Test Player 5". Could be a Cinderella story...

#202 8 years ago

index_(resized).jpgindex_(resized).jpg

#210 8 years ago
    Quoted from n3wtr0n:

Annnnnnnnd......I slacked it on buying a tourney entry. Anyone know how to get added to the waitlist if that's even still possible?

Not sure of your chances but try [email protected]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gtown.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-fest-2016-tourney-new-and-improved?tu=gtown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.