Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JediJonL
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballClassicsColored.jpg
    DaddyAndOwenPinballExpo2014.jpg
    claytorInsert.jpg
    claytorMM.jpg
    claytorDM.jpg
    earth_night.jpg
    26.jpg
    balloons.jpg
    pic.php.jpeg
    382701.jpg
    DSC_7898.jpg
    DSC_7904.jpg
    DSC_7903.jpg
    DSC_7902.jpg
    DSC_7901.jpg
    DSC_7900.jpg
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 9 years ago

TONS of great pics - thanks Jared~!

#102 9 years ago

Jared, thanks for the Lexi pics - hell, all of them - only thing unbearable at these shows is the NOISE!!!

#104 9 years ago

Great footage Jared!! Thanks

Great quality of pic's as well

#105 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

First and foremost, these pictures are great, Jared. Many thanks for your time taken with this thread. Next, if there's any spare time in your day (laughable, I know) would be interested in:
    A) What's the story behind that "Galaxy Pinball?"
    B) Same with the NGG with alternate cab art?
    C) Any chance of getting some more shots of that woodrail 3D backglass?
    Thanks for all these pics and for accommodating all of us beggars and choosers.

DSC_7880.jpgDSC_7880.jpgDSC_7881.jpgDSC_7881.jpgDSC_7882.jpgDSC_7882.jpgDSC_7883.jpgDSC_7883.jpgDSC_7884.jpgDSC_7884.jpgDSC_7885.jpgDSC_7885.jpgDSC_7886.jpgDSC_7886.jpgDSC_7887.jpgDSC_7887.jpgDSC_7888.jpgDSC_7888.jpgDSC_7889.jpgDSC_7889.jpgDSC_7890.jpgDSC_7890.jpgDSC_7891.jpgDSC_7891.jpgDSC_7892.jpgDSC_7892.jpgDSC_7893.jpgDSC_7893.jpgDSC_7894.jpgDSC_7894.jpgDSC_7895.jpgDSC_7895.jpgDSC_7896.jpgDSC_7896.jpgDSC_7897.jpgDSC_7897.jpgDSC_7898.jpgDSC_7898.jpgDSC_7899.jpgDSC_7899.jpgDSC_7900.jpgDSC_7900.jpgDSC_7901.jpgDSC_7901.jpgDSC_7902.jpgDSC_7902.jpgDSC_7903.jpgDSC_7903.jpgDSC_7904.jpgDSC_7904.jpg

#106 9 years ago

Here is a great video just released by the Dallas Morning News giving you a quick review.

#107 9 years ago

Nice pics. Wish I could of been there.

#108 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

Here is a great video just released by the Dallas Morning News giving you a quick review.

Hah, kids coming in the 'exit only' at 0:39.

#109 9 years ago

Thanks for posting these Jared. I liked seeing the pics. Wish I could have made it, but I live in the wrong country. I really enjoyed seeing people with those cool Pinside Lanyards.

Cool that you logo-stamped the photos! Maybe the logo could be bit smaller? Like 1/3rd the size? But hey, that's nitpicking, I enjoyed the photos, thanks for posting!

#110 9 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If you get a chance to shoot pictures of the woodrails that would be cool - think there is a Derby Day there?

My derby day also got some news coverage, pigging backing on the Acrylic project.

#111 9 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Thanks for posting these Jared. I liked seeing the pics. Wish I could have made it, but I live in the wrong country. I really enjoyed seeing people with those cool Pinside Lanyards.
    Cool that you logo-stamped the photos! Maybe the logo could be bit smaller? Like 1/3rd the size? But hey, that's nitpicking, I enjoyed the photos, thanks for posting!

lol no problem. I added the logo because they are intended to be a "pinside exclusive". Hey, can you program an INSERT ALL button for when I have 30+ attachments? Clicking every single "insert" link is annoying and makes me feel like I might have missed one, haha.

I can make the logo smaller... (whats done is done)...

#112 9 years ago

Haha, nice pic of me (left), my brother (center) getting ready to stuff our faces with some Pastrami sammiches. Pretty sure that is Noahs_Arcade in front of us.

382701.jpg382701.jpg

#113 9 years ago
    Quoted from btw75:

My derby day also got some news coverage, pigging backing on the Acrylic project.
    » YouTube video

Awesome stuff!

That acrylic game is a work of art.

#114 9 years ago

Very nicely done, Jared!!

The show was fantastic!!

#116 9 years ago

Yes, the acrylic game is fantastic...I hope you got more pix of that...

#117 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yes, the acrylic game is fantastic...I hope you got more pix of that...

How many more could you want to see! lol...

#118 9 years ago

In odd chance people aren't aware, the acrylic build is documented here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-acrylic-pinball-project-i-am-clearly-insane

#119 9 years ago

Fantastic pics! Thanks for sharing it all with us chumps that can't be there!

#120 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

How many more could you want to see! lol...

Just a few close ups of the playfield?

#121 9 years ago
    Quoted from sd_tom:

In odd chance people aren't aware, the acrylic build is documented here:

Yes, been following it...but nice to see it in the wild...

#122 9 years ago

Jared,

Holy wows! Thanks for documenting that Williams 3-D woodrail. I'd imagine those pictures are not easy to take, but from the looks of it there's some sort of a one-way mirror with elements (people) behind it that are revealed when illuminated from behind the one-way mirror? *gasp* People must have been crapping their pants in 1958 when this hit the street. Heck, I'm close to doing so nearly 60 years later!

In a slightly related topic, maybe you could submit these Williams 3-D photos to IPDB. The documentation of this feature leaves a lot to be desired over there.

Again, thanks for taking so much of your time to bring us the wonders of Texas. Robin, get this man a mass-insert button!

Take care,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#123 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Robin, get this man a mass-insert button!

Wouldn't the argument be, for large collection image posts like that, to just leave them as attachments and let the user slideshow them if they want to, rather than load them in the thread every time. Saves bandwidth, too.

Or is that too mean for phone/tablet users?

#124 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

...leave them as attachments and let the user slideshow them if they want to...

Personally, I love these in-thread picture posts. ...but I must admit, I wasn't aware that a link-to-slideshow option even existed on this site. Is that even possible here on Pinside? (Not being snarky, honestly curious.)

#125 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Personally, I love these in-thread picture posts. ...but I must admit, I wasn't aware that a link-to-slideshow option even existed on this site. Is that even possible here on Pinside? (Not being snarky, honestly curious.)

Well lets see. I'll attach four images and not "insert" them in the post.

Edit - after post note: So it just put them all at the bottom by itself. in order. The "insert in post" is only really necessary if you want to intermingle with text.

pic.php.jpegpic.php.jpeg
    balloons.jpgballoons.jpg
    26.jpg26.jpg
    earth_night.jpgearth_night.jpg

#126 9 years ago

Jared, Did you get a picture of my Centaur and Xenon, Quicksilver ?

#127 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Well lets see. I'll attach four images and not "insert" them in the post.

Okay, pardon my ludditic nature, but I'm not seeing how you attach vs insert. I uploaded a couple images (completely not self-serving) and didn't see any alternate means of "attaching". The final version is a screenshot of what I was looking at.

claytorDM.jpgclaytorDM.jpgclaytorMM.jpgclaytorMM.jpgclaytorInsert.jpgclaytorInsert.jpg

#128 9 years ago

Pics were fun to follow. Nice job, Jared

#129 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Okay, pardon my ludditic nature, but I'm not seeing how you attach vs insert. I uploaded a couple images (completely not self-serving) and didn't see any alternate means of "attaching". The final version is a screenshot of what I was looking at.

That "insert in post" link will put the image include text for that particular attachment wherever the cursor currently is: Jared was hitting that for every image, rather than letting them auto insert.

#130 9 years ago

...aaand where is the auto-insert function? I seriously do not see it.

#131 9 years ago

That Quicksilver makes my pants feel funny.

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

...aaand where is the auto-insert function? I seriously do not see it.

There's nothing to see. Any attachments you don't use the "insert in post" link on gets appended to the end of the post automatically. I didn't "insert" any of my 4 images, they just appeared.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

There's nothing to see. Any attachments you don't use the "insert in post" link on gets appended to the end of the post automatically. I didn't "insert" any of my 4 images, they just appeared.

OOOOOOoooaaaahhh...

Quoted from Jared:

That does not happen for me.

...ooOH?

Lemme try:

DaddyAndOwenPinballExpo2014.jpgDaddyAndOwenPinballExpo2014.jpg
    PinballClassicsColored.jpgPinballClassicsColored.jpg

Edit: Hey! It worked! (...for me.) Wonder what's going on for Jared. Browser issue? I'm using Chrome. Would that make a difference?

#135 9 years ago

Hi everyone. This is Jonathan from Arcade Repair Tips. I just found this thread and wanted to give everyone an update.

We are working diligently to get all of the seminars from the Texas Pinball Festival uploaded to our YouTube page. We added the Gary Stern and Steve Ritchie seminars last night. We are adding them in the order they were presented. Our goal is to have all of them uploaded by the end of the week. Here is a link where you can view them (as well as the rest once they are available): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLreI2qlrvp9UY_mFjx24t8iZfXG2XTEqA

After reading some of the comments in this thread, I believe it is important to live stream the seminars so if we are selected to be the moderators for next year we will do everything in our power to make that happen. Also, it was nice to meet you Jared and thank you for coverage in this thread.

#136 9 years ago
    Quoted from JediJonL:

Hi everyone. This is Jonathan from Arcade Repair Tips. I just found this thread and wanted to give everyone an update.
    We are working diligently to get all of the seminars from the Texas Pinball Festival uploaded to our YouTube page. We added the Gary Stern and Steve Ritchie seminars last night. We are adding them in the order they were presented. Our goal is to have all of them uploaded by the end of the week. Here is a link where you can view them (as well as the rest once they are available): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLreI2qlrvp9UY_mFjx24t8iZfXG2XTEqA
    After reading some of the comments in this thread, I believe it is important to live stream the seminars so if we are selected to be the moderators for next year we will do everything in our power to make that happen. Also, it was nice to meet you Jared and thank you for coverage in this thread.

I try my best. Your coverage came out really great.

I understand the logic of an organizer not wanting live-streaming, as the seminars themselves are a draw to attend (and pay to attend). That said, I also think there are a lot of great benefits to doing it too, one of which is raising awareness of an event and driving admission in subsequent years.

That's not for guys like me and you to decide, heh.

#137 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

I try my best. Your coverage came out really great.
    I understand the logic of an organizer not wanting live-streaming, as the seminars themselves are a draw to attend (and pay to attend). That said, I also think there are a lot of great benefits to doing it too, one of which is raising awareness of an event and driving admission in subsequent years.
    That's not for guys like me and you to decide, heh.

Thanks Jared. We had a great time moderating the seminars and recording the podcasts live from the festival. We were extremely lucky to have Gerry from Multimorphic and Jack from Jersey Jack Pinball join us on our Saturday Wrap Up (episode S17) show. Here's a link to all of our podcasts from the festival in case people didn't get a chance to listen to them live: http://www.spreaker.com/show/arcade_repair_tips_qa_podcast

Yes, you are correct. It is up to the organizers (in this case Ed, Paul and company) to decide whether or not they want us or another party to live stream the seminars. With that said, I personally think that the benefits outweigh the loss of admission that might occur. I just don't think most people come to events like this only for the seminars. To me, the seminars are a nice addition to being able to play 400+ games in the game room. Of course, we will respect any decision made by the organizers of the event. They have consistently done an outstanding job year after year and we are very grateful for the amount of time and hard work they put in to the festival.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-expo-live-streaming-coverage-for-pinside/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.