Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by JediJonL
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PinballClassicsColored.jpg
    DaddyAndOwenPinballExpo2014.jpg
    claytorInsert.jpg
    claytorMM.jpg
    claytorDM.jpg
    earth_night.jpg
    26.jpg
    balloons.jpg
    pic.php.jpeg
    382701.jpg
    DSC_7898.jpg
    DSC_7904.jpg
    DSC_7903.jpg
    DSC_7902.jpg
    DSC_7901.jpg
    DSC_7900.jpg
    There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 9 years ago

alien-500.jpgalien-500.jpg

This is an edited version of this post.

The Texas Pinball Festival is here and I am happy to provide photo and video coverage inside the event hall for PINSIDE. Due to exclusivity agreements, I am not able to live-stream the seminars.

I will be photographing the event, machines and vendors. I will also to GOPRO LIVE VIDEO to my Ustream Account from the show-floor. I can provide you guys with POV video walking the floor and seeing the vendors.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jguynes

Based on your feedback and interest, I can photograph or video any machine or area in the main exhibit hall. Have a special request? Just leave a comment.

It's always best to BE HERE IN PERSON, but for those of you who could not make it for whatever reason, this thread can be of some value to you all. Leave a comment with any requests. Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

Hey, if you don't mind saying, how much actual data did you use streaming last year? Standard overages are like 10$/gb with most providers AFAIK...just wondering how much you acutally chewed through...

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Hey, if you don't mind saying, how much actual data did you use streaming last year? Standard overages are like 10$/gb with most providers AFAIK...just wondering how much you acutally chewed through...

Sure.

I went 6gb over my limit for an additional charge of $60. Not that I mind, since it was my choice. At the time many offered to paypal me, and I declined. Under my current situation I am not going to be too proud to take $5 if someone is interested in doing that. Still, even if I am 100% on my own, I would love to do this if there is sufficient interest.

#4 9 years ago

To be transparent, since the time of Expo, I am now on a 30gb a month plan from a 10gb a month plan and should not go over.

#5 9 years ago

Oh, well, okay. I'm on ATT (for obvious reasons) and since we just got rollover and aren't using anywhere NEAR our 40gb allotment, there's a good chance I roll up into TPF with 60GB for late march-late april billing period... lol.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Oh, well, okay. I'm on ATT (for obvious reasons) and since we just got rollover and aren't using anywhere NEAR our 40gb allotment, there's a good chance I roll up into TPF with 60GB for late march-late april billing period... lol.

Agreed, my plan switched with them a few months back with "double your data" + rollover and now "im good". Expo was one of the few times ive gone over 10gb in a month, heh. Streaming HD 12 hours a day for 3 days.

#7 9 years ago

Your overage charges are larger than my monthy bill!

https://republicwireless.com/info/plans/

The hotel has WiFi as well, although it might be congested on the showroom floor. Not sure if they've improved that since last year.

Anyways- I'll be there so shouldn't need the streaming, but this is great nonetheless!

#8 9 years ago

I'm actually surprised you were only at 16gb for all that...figured it would be much much higher. Our account currently supports me, Quiddity, and my brother and we all play cell phone games and my wife tethers the kids with Netflix here and there, and we STILL end up way under 40gb most of the time.

#9 9 years ago

Awesome news Jared! Loved your streams from Chicago.

I'll be there, but probably won't make it to all of the programs I want to see.
    Glad you're going to cover it so I can check them out later.

10 bucks on the way for a new camera. See ya in Texas!

#10 9 years ago

Donation made, but this time I'll be there. I'll bring Vegemite sandwiches along so you don't get hungry.

#11 9 years ago

We could switch that up with Marmite and I'll be your friend.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from joelreeves:

Awesome news Jared! Loved your streams from Chicago.
    I'll be there, but probably won't make it to all of the programs I want to see.
    Glad you're going to cover it so I can check them out later.
    10 bucks on the way for a new camera. See ya in Texas!

Huge thanks. I won't let you down.

#13 9 years ago

Wow, I'm actually $45 along towards "the Pinside webcam", how awesome.

I am willing to mail the camera to other members who want to do sinilar things at events they attend for Pinside.

Didn't expect a big donation from Australia! Crikey!

#14 9 years ago

Are you staying sunday? A tournament finals broadcast would be cool

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Quiddity:

We could switch that up with Marmite and I'll be your friend.

Don't listen to what she says. Bring a big jar of Vegemite to the Happy Hour.

#16 9 years ago

Okay, fine. Twist my arm. Bring it on!

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

Are you staying sunday? A tournament finals broadcast would be cool

It depends on several factors, unfortunately my life is hectic right now as I have a baby in the NICU.

#18 9 years ago

Understood. Anything is way more epic than nothing

#19 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this Jared. Especially interested in the Multimorphic talk.

3 weeks later
    #20 9 years ago

Getting close now. Jared, what's the status of the equipment?

#21 9 years ago

Everyone:

So not too much interest was generated by this thread. I understand... TPF is a show built around 400+ machines on the floor... not the talks (like Expo).

That said, I will still be covering the events.

I got about $60 from pinsiders here (THANK YOU VERY MUCH) and will use that money towards a camera on Thursday. I will also be testing the equipment on Thursday to make sure it all works well.

Thanks to everyone for the support, I am happy to help out. This is the channel I will be broadcasting on.

#22 9 years ago

Dude...I'm sure there is going to be a lot of interest once the show starts. Pinside is bigger than ever and this is one of the biggest events on the Pinside calendar.

Just made a small contribution to help with the coverage.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

alien-500.jpg
    Hello everyone!
    I will be attending the 2015 Texas Pinball Festival this year (seriously, why on earth would you not be there, this show is freaking ridiculous) and will be doing live-stream coverage exclusively for pinside from the seminar room. While this is not quite as exciting or in depth as Chicago Expo, there are some nuggets to look forward to including the widely anticipated announcement of AFM-R from PPS. If it happens, or not, you will have the ability to see it live along with us there in person.
    My current setup will consist of:
    720p HD Streaming Webcam
    MacBook Pro
    Yeti Stereo Mic
    4G LTE Hotspot (If hotel net speed is not fast enough)
    One big request from Chicago Expo 2014 is the ability ZOOM, or have multiple angles. I can do this a couple of ways, but all of which take additional cost for: A. The software package (U-Stream Pro) and B. The camera itself.
    I think something cheap with a zoom would be fine, as I can connect this to ustream. Of course this also requires me to sit at the station, much like Martin does of PBN and actually operate the camera the whole time.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-hdr-cx240-hd-flash-memory-camcorder-black/3317012.p?id=1219090214675&skuId=3317012
    Based on the interest I see here in this coverage, I will invest in the camera. Should anyone want to chip in $5-$10 on the camera/LTE fee's (I spent $60 in Chicago last year on LTE) I am totally fine with that, paypal is [email protected]
    Here are the seminars:
    6 pm – “Arcade Attack and More Pinball Adventures” with Jim Schelberg of PinGame Journal
    7 pm – Stern Pinball Update with Gary Stern
    8 pm – An Audience with Steve Ritchie
    Saturday – March 28, 2015
    11 am – “The Evolving Pinball Landscape” with Brett Davis of X-Pin
    12:30 pm – “Pinball in the 21st Century” with Gerry Stellenberg of Multimorphic
    1:30 pm – “I’m Back!” with John Trudeau
    3 pm - FUN! Auction: “The World’s Greatest Pinball Auction”
    6 pm – “Whizbang Style” with Greg Freres and Dennis Nordman
    7 pm - ”Making the Hobbit: An Unexpected Unexpected Journey” with Jersey Jack Pinball
    8 pm - Planetary Pinball Update with Rick Bartlett
    9 pm – Coast 2 Coast Pinball LIVE! with Nate Shivers
    Thanks for your interest. If this is something you would like to see, please respond with a comment or a post like. If there is not interest, no harm done. Thanks all.

Well, I just now noticed this thread (wondering why it's titled "Texas Pinball Expo" since that's incorrect and Jared knows this).
    Jared has never said a word about this or asked permission to do this from any of the show organizers.
    TPF made an agreement with ArcadeRepairTips.com months ago to be our official seminar moderators and videographers and they will have the seminars posted for everyone to see (except the auction and since Jared works for them, he can live stream that).
    In any case, the TPF seminars will get posted online for y'all to see. It may not be "live", but it should be too long after.
    -Ed

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Well, I just now noticed this thread (wondering why it's titled "Texas Pinball Expo" since that's incorrect and Jared knows this).
    Jared has never said a word about this or asked permission to do this from any of the show organizers.
    TPF made an agreement with ArcadeRepairTips.com months ago to be our official seminar moderators and videographers and they will have the seminars posted for everyone to see (except the auction and since Jared works for them, he can live stream that).
    In any case, the TPF seminars will get posted online for y'all to see. It may not be "live", but it should be too long after.
    -Ed

I see. No harm done, or intended, obviously. I apologize.

#25 9 years ago

All - For the few of you who made a donation via paypal for this:

-I will still upgrade my equipment for use at future events, namely, Chicago Expo 2015.
    or
    -I will return your donation promptly.

There was only a handful of you, but please PM me if you would like your money back. Thanks.

It was my responsibility to contact Ed to clear this, and in haste and excitement: I did not. Had I, I would have found out about his exclusive agreement and been spared this embarrassment. 100% my fault on this one guys.

Thanks as always for the interest and support.

#26 9 years ago

// Error: Image 369424 not found //

This is an edited version of this post.

The Texas Pinball Festival is here and I am happy to provide photo and video coverage inside the event hall for PINSIDE. Due to exclusivity agreements, I am not able to live-stream the seminars.

I will be photographing the event, machines and vendors. I will also to GOPRO LIVE VIDEO to my Ustream Account from the show-floor. I can provide you guys with POV video walking the floor and seeing the vendors.

Based on your feedback and interest, I can photograph or video any machine or area in the main exhibit hall. Have a special request? Just leave a comment.

It's always best to BE HERE IN PERSON, but for those of you who could not make it for whatever reason, this thread can be of some value to you all. Leave a comment with any requests. Thanks!

#27 9 years ago

Given that I can't go this year due to work reasons, I'd like any coverage of anything...the more the better.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Given that I can't go this year due to work reasons, I'd like any coverage of anything...the more the better.

I am sure that lots of people will.

But, I wanted one thread to contain my own media, since there will be hundreds of photos.

I have a NIKON D7000 and a special lens for this event, as well as a tripod and some other goodies that will make the photos... very good.

I am happy to share here for pinside. Everyone is allowed to take photos.

#29 9 years ago

Hi Jared,

Seeing as you can't cover the seminars could you please try to get some good gameplay videos of:

The P3 (Lexy Lightspeed)
    Whoa Nellie
    The Hobbit

Anything else that looks cool.

I know Gerry from Multimorphic is having a special seminar for the media and interested parties in addition to his normal seminar called the "VIP deep dive into the P3" at 4:00pm on Saturday. This may not be covered by the Arcade Repair Tips people. Maybe you could contact Gerry and ask if you could get into that: [email protected]

Thanks, SV

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Hi Jared,
    Seeing as you can't cover the seminars could you please try to get some good gameplay videos of:
    The P3 (Lexy Lightspeed)
    Whoa Nellie
    The Hobbit
    Anything else that looks cool.
    I know Gerry from Multimorphic is having a special seminar for the media and interested parties in addition to his normal seminar called the "VIP deep dive into the P3" at 4:00pm on Saturday. This may not be covered by the Arcade Repair Tips people. Maybe you could contact Gerry and ask if you could get into that: [email protected]
    Thanks, SV

For sure I will get:

The P3 (Lexy Lightspeed)
    Whoa Nellie
    The Hobbit

As for filming in the seminar hall... well... I wont do it unless I have the credentials and clearance. I do not want to overstep myself here. I will look into it.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are missing out!

#32 9 years ago

Can you check to see if there is a JM with the color DMD and take some video.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

You are missing out!

I know, I'll miss hanging at your area this year. You were such a great host the past two years. Pass my regards along to the Shreveport gang.

#34 9 years ago

Ok PINSIDE... here is your first round of EXCLUSIVE DSLR pics from TPF!! Enjoy!!

DSC_7613.JPGDSC_7613.JPGDSC_7614.JPGDSC_7614.JPGDSC_7615.JPGDSC_7615.JPGDSC_7616.JPGDSC_7616.JPGDSC_7617.JPGDSC_7617.JPGDSC_7618.JPGDSC_7618.JPGDSC_7619.JPGDSC_7619.JPGDSC_7620.JPGDSC_7620.JPGDSC_7621.JPGDSC_7621.JPGDSC_7622.JPGDSC_7622.JPGDSC_7623.JPGDSC_7623.JPGDSC_7624.JPGDSC_7624.JPGDSC_7625.JPGDSC_7625.JPGDSC_7626.JPGDSC_7626.JPGDSC_7627.JPGDSC_7627.JPGDSC_7628.JPGDSC_7628.JPGDSC_7629.JPGDSC_7629.JPGDSC_7630.JPGDSC_7630.JPGDSC_7631.JPGDSC_7631.JPGDSC_7632.JPGDSC_7632.JPGDSC_7633.JPGDSC_7633.JPGDSC_7634.JPGDSC_7634.JPGDSC_7635.JPGDSC_7635.JPGDSC_7636.JPGDSC_7636.JPGDSC_7637.JPGDSC_7637.JPGDSC_7638.JPGDSC_7638.JPGDSC_7639.JPGDSC_7639.JPGDSC_7640.JPGDSC_7640.JPG

#35 9 years ago

DSC_7641.JPGDSC_7641.JPGDSC_7642.JPGDSC_7642.JPGDSC_7643.JPGDSC_7643.JPGDSC_7644.JPGDSC_7644.JPGDSC_7645.JPGDSC_7645.JPGDSC_7646.JPGDSC_7646.JPGDSC_7647.JPGDSC_7647.JPGDSC_7648.JPGDSC_7648.JPGDSC_7649.JPGDSC_7649.JPGDSC_7650.JPGDSC_7650.JPGDSC_7651.JPGDSC_7651.JPGDSC_7652.JPGDSC_7652.JPGDSC_7653.JPGDSC_7653.JPGDSC_7654.JPGDSC_7654.JPGDSC_7655.JPGDSC_7655.JPGDSC_7656.JPGDSC_7656.JPGDSC_7657.JPGDSC_7657.JPGDSC_7658.JPGDSC_7658.JPGDSC_7659.JPGDSC_7659.JPGDSC_7660.JPGDSC_7660.JPG

#36 9 years ago

DSC_7661.JPGDSC_7661.JPGDSC_7662.JPGDSC_7662.JPGDSC_7663.JPGDSC_7663.JPGDSC_7664.JPGDSC_7664.JPGDSC_7665.JPGDSC_7665.JPGDSC_7666.JPGDSC_7666.JPGDSC_7667.JPGDSC_7667.JPGDSC_7668.JPGDSC_7668.JPGDSC_7669.JPGDSC_7669.JPGDSC_7670.JPGDSC_7670.JPGDSC_7671.JPGDSC_7671.JPGDSC_7672.JPGDSC_7672.JPGDSC_7673.JPGDSC_7673.JPGDSC_7674.JPGDSC_7674.JPGDSC_7675.JPGDSC_7675.JPGDSC_7676.JPGDSC_7676.JPGDSC_7677.JPGDSC_7677.JPGDSC_7678.JPGDSC_7678.JPGDSC_7679.JPGDSC_7679.JPGDSC_7680.JPGDSC_7680.JPG

#37 9 years ago

That terminator is awesome. What is he made out of?

#38 9 years ago

DSC_7681.JPGDSC_7681.JPGDSC_7682.JPGDSC_7682.JPGDSC_7683.JPGDSC_7683.JPGDSC_7684.JPGDSC_7684.JPGDSC_7685.JPGDSC_7685.JPGDSC_7686.JPGDSC_7686.JPGDSC_7687.JPGDSC_7687.JPGDSC_7688.JPGDSC_7688.JPGDSC_7689.JPGDSC_7689.JPGDSC_7690.JPGDSC_7690.JPGDSC_7691.JPGDSC_7691.JPGDSC_7692.JPGDSC_7692.JPGDSC_7693.JPGDSC_7693.JPGDSC_7694.JPGDSC_7694.JPGDSC_7695.JPGDSC_7695.JPGDSC_7696.JPGDSC_7696.JPGDSC_7697.JPGDSC_7697.JPGDSC_7698.JPGDSC_7698.JPGDSC_7699.JPGDSC_7699.JPGDSC_7700.JPGDSC_7700.JPGDSC_7701.JPGDSC_7701.JPGDSC_7703.JPGDSC_7703.JPGDSC_7704.JPGDSC_7704.JPGDSC_7705.JPGDSC_7705.JPGDSC_7706.JPGDSC_7706.JPGDSC_7707.JPGDSC_7707.JPGDSC_7712.JPGDSC_7712.JPGDSC_7724.JPGDSC_7724.JPGDSC_7725.JPGDSC_7725.JPG

DSC_7702.JPGDSC_7702.JPG
    #39 9 years ago

Looks like a lot of fun!

#40 9 years ago

Good stuff - keep it coming!

Are you planning on streaming JJP session tomorrow? or any of the tournament?

#41 9 years ago

$4650 for a NGG, good LAWD that's alotta money!

#42 9 years ago

Pretty impressive (and laugh out loud funny) that they named the Expo Festival after you!Screenshot_2015-03-27-22-25-35.pngScreenshot_2015-03-27-22-25-35.png
    Thanks for posting the pics.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

Good stuff - keep it coming!
    Are you planning on streaming JJP session tomorrow? or any of the tournament?

As I said in the OP, I am not able to live stream seminars due to exclusivity agreements.

Not sure how I could cover the tournament without being there all day.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

Pretty impressive (and laugh out loud funny) that they named the Expo Festival after you!Screenshot_2015-03-27-22-25-35.png (Click image to enlarge)
    Thanks for posting the pics.

Edited the thread title. Super embarrassed.

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

As I said in the OP, I am not able to live stream seminars due to exclusivity agreements.
    Not sure how I could cover the tournament without being there all day.

Damn it, this sucks I enjoyed your live streaming. So who has the "exclusive"? I don't see any other live streaming.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from danisme:

Damn it, this sucks I enjoyed your live streaming. So who has the "exclusive"? I don't see any other live streaming.

No one is live, others will provide recordings after being processed.

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Nibbles:

$4650 for a NGG, good LAWD that's alotta money!

Fully restored, cleared playfield, new upper playfield. Looks amazing.

#48 9 years ago

Hyped to see footage from today!

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Hyped to see footage from today!

What footage were you wanting to see?

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

What footage were you wanting to see?

8 pm – An Audience with Steve Ritchie (was that yesterday?)

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-pinball-expo-live-streaming-coverage-for-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.