You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

205603_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind[1] (resized).png
IMG_0508 (resized).JPG
IMG_0509 (resized).JPG
IMG_8548 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

If you are in southern Texas, PLEASE be careful. They are saying rain might be measured in FEET. Not to mention the winds from Hurricane Harvey. If you are in the path, or anywhere near there, Please be safe. Don't be a hero, and I hope you are all okay!

Godspeed!
Chris

#2 6 years ago

3ft of rain, 125mph winds. Holy cow! I hope everyone makes it through okay!

#3 6 years ago

I'm staying RIGHT WHERE I'M A....oh...south texas.

It's getting crazy. And yeah, keep hearing reports of possible 30-40 inches of rain.

#4 6 years ago

Watching it on TV.....3 straight days of this they are saying....Holy Shit!

Hang in their guys!

#5 6 years ago

I hope my Texas pinball people are safe !

LTG : )

#6 6 years ago

I got supplies.....the important ones and plan to sip on Harvey Wallbangers and ride it out. For the folks in Corpus and Rockport it's gonna be rough. I expect lots of rain in Houston. Tropical storm Allison dumped an estimated 20-almost 40" of rain in some spots and was bad. The news is saying it could be worse than Allison.
It's too early to really know how bad this could get.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Watching it on TV.....3 straight days of this they are saying....Holy Shit!
Hang in their guys!

Back in the 2005 hurricane season, had a storm that wasn't so awful, other than unrelenting, non-stop sideways rain. I think it lasted for about a day and a half. Only time I've ever had a roof leak.

#8 6 years ago

And yeah, stay safe guys. Craziest weather I've ever seen was in Texas. Hot as F until mid-day and then an ice storm a a couple hours later. Crazy weather....

#9 6 years ago

In Seguin this weekend, light rain so far

#10 6 years ago

I stocked up on beer, water and cosmic brownies. Got a generator ready just in case. If we lose power for an extended time, I have a temp ac in the game room and enough generator juice to power the temp ac, media center and a pin for a few days.

Everyone stay safe and dry!

#11 6 years ago

Just a little rain in Austin earlier this afternoon.
Expect it to get progressively worse thru Saturday evening.
Getting my laser cutting done tonight... and hopefully, CNC work tomorrow afternoon.
They are say 10-20inches here in Austin. At the moment; tropical force winds aren't expected in our county... but just to the south.

The bigger concern; ofcourse, is Tornado's in the squall bands.

#12 6 years ago

You guys hanging in there? Our last hurricane, I actually kept cable and internet throughout the ordeal, then lost it the day after.

#13 6 years ago

Nothing to report here; although the track has appeared to change which puts Austin in the worst quadrant.
So far; just a lot of rain since~2am last night. Gusty winds... but nothing concerning yet.

#14 6 years ago

It will be ok. All my machines are upstairs.

#15 6 years ago

We've been getting non-stop rain since early Saturday morning here in central TX. I've never seen the rain last this long... More flooding on the way...

#16 6 years ago

NWS is now referring to the impact as "unprecedented". Stay safe guys. Houston weather does not look good for the next 5 or 6 days.

Keeping my gas tanks topped off every day here. I suspect gas shortages are coming. Probably time to fill my spare tanks.

#17 6 years ago

1 meter / 39.25" of rain at my location in 4 days. The same was forecast for the next 4 days, but there are indications the storm is accelerating and we may have only 1 more day of rain.

#18 6 years ago

I hope everyone down in Houston is safe, keep positive and hopefully it will be over soon.

#20 6 years ago

IMG_8548 (resized).JPGIMG_8548 (resized).JPG

#21 6 years ago

How about a Texas check-in? You guys OK?

#22 6 years ago

All good here at my place. High and dry here. Some other collector friends unfortunately lost everything as well as a lot of other people.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

All good here at my place. High and dry here. Some other collector friends unfortunately lost everything as well as a lot of other people.

Glad you are OK. Sorry to hear that for the other guys. Not a good sign when the thread turns to crickets. I saw that before and after pic of I-10 that looked like the ocean and was like WTF? Hopefully it truly was a once in a thousand year event.

#24 6 years ago

Things are pretty crazy around here right now. You would not believe the amount of support people are offering each other. It is really great to see everyone doing their part to help! Texas will get rebuilt and will be better and stronger from this disaster!

#25 6 years ago

Me and some friends are heading back into the trenches for the weekend, mostly supply drop, I just hope fuel doesn't become an issue... people don't realize that there's enough gas, just because a big refinery goes down doesn't mean that there's not other refineries delivering gas, it's just going to cause problems and drive fuel prices up

#26 6 years ago

We've seen ~10% spike locally. I suspect it will get worse.

#27 6 years ago

The storm hit middle Tennessee this afternoon. We are seeing steady to heavy rain throughout the night and into tomorrow.

#28 6 years ago

Good here, my place is on the high side of the Conroe damn so we were fine. Big concern was high winds but luckily we were sparred significant windiage!
Thoughts and prayers do go out to pretty much the rest of the gulf coast region that did not fair so well.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

We've seen ~10% spike locally. I suspect it will get worse.

I got gas wednesday afternoon, figuring this was going to happen. I can NOT be late to work because of looking for gas, and I get 30 MPG+...over 350 miles a tank, and I only use it for commuting every day. The sh.. hit the fan about midday thursday in Dallas. Even last night we went to Kroger where they have a gas pump at like 8:30pm, and going in ....nobody there, signs on the pumps.

Coming out of the store? Tanker in the lot, and literally, I kid you not, about 50 cars in line. SMH.

#30 6 years ago

It's not over south of Houston.....I work in Richwood which is near Lake Jackson. Water is rising and my work is flooding now!!! This started yesterday and is still rising. This is from all the water draining north of us.....it all has to go somewhere.

IMG_0509 (resized).JPGIMG_0509 (resized).JPG

IMG_0508 (resized).JPGIMG_0508 (resized).JPG

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Hopefully it truly was a once in a thousand year event.

Me too, but when I worked for the DEP, we did some small studies regarding storm frequencies and magnitude. These types of storms will continue to become more frequent, and will worsen in magnitude as climate change pushes things forward. More upper atmosphere energy means more powerful storms. A lot of these coastal areas will need to rethink their waste water infrastructure in the future.

#32 6 years ago

Tried to get gas this morning and no luck at several stations. I was able to get gas in my other car yesterday. I think the media created a panic and everyone made a fuel rush. Feel bad for all those flooded. What a disaster.

#33 6 years ago

I think it was social media that created the panic. Those of us in this region know all about oil and gas production and DISTRIBUTION... people need to stop and think if major arterial roads are inundated, how are the refueling trucks supposed to deliver? It's not that there is a fuel shortage as it is an ability to get the fuel to the pumps.
I mean I have not received mail from the USPS in an entire week (come rain, snow...) But we are not panicked about missing the receipt of our bills!
Yes refineries will have been impacted and some of them off line for a while, but this is the United freaking States, we will not run out of gas! After all we still import more crude than we use of our own supplies, but I don't want to derail this thread with that topic. Just sit tight and our supplies will be back soon. Price might be higher due to the lower production, but we will have gas, the big oil companies will make certain of that!

#34 6 years ago

They say gas production may be impacted by 25%....other refineries can increase production to make up the shortage and as roads open gas will be delivered. People are in a panic so it's a little crazy but things are slowly returning to normal. In the coming days refineries will be coming on line and will ease the burden of gas shortages. No need to panic.

I find it amazing places outside of Houston are having gas lines and here in Pearland I have seen plenty of gas....lines are not bad. Kroger, HEB, Bucees, etc all have gas.

What there is going to be is a shortage of QUALIFIED contractors to make all the home repairs.....thousands of homes are trashed and need to be gutted and rebuilt. Electricians and skilled carpenters are going to be in high demand. It will take many months for all these homes to be repaired.
And this is the same situation for all areas in the path of this storm.

Wishing everyone a speedy and safe recovery from all this.

#35 6 years ago

First hope all my pinball friends are doing okay and any one else effected by the storm.

On the gas I heard this on a news report this morning and even though it bad to say it something to consider. They are saying gas prices are up due to the refineries off line and the demand but on this report it was brought up about all of the totaled cars if you factor those in the demand goes down, but there not doing that.

#36 6 years ago

Just wondering if the chemical plants are going to come back online so quickly considering some had explosions and fire damage, not to mention environmental cleanup. Suspect those chemicals are probably involved in refining oil into gas, but I have no idea.

Watching Irma now. Hope that sucker stays offshore. If it skirts north of the Caribbean and hits Florida, that ain't good.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Watching Irma now. Hope that sucker stays offshore. If it skirts north of the Caribbean and hits Florida, that ain't good.

Agreed. Many populated areas along the East Coast.
Still a bit early to tell, but as of now it appears it is headed for the southern half of the East Coast (Fla to NC ??).
205603_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind[1] (resized).png205603_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind[1] (resized).png

Back to SE TX: Some places the flood waters are going down. Other places flood waters rising.

#38 6 years ago

Safe and dry here, miraculously.

Some plants will be up in days; some will take weeks. Aside from gasoline and diesel, you'll see a bump in price for PVC, PET and other plastics. Goodyear synthetic rubber production is delayed. Shipping in and out of the Houston and coastal areas will be difficult.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from LateCenturyMods:

Safe and dry here, miraculously.
Some plants will be up in days; some will take weeks. Aside from gasoline and diesel, you'll see a bump in price for PVC, PET and other plastics. Goodyear synthetic rubber production is delayed. Shipping in and out of the Houston and coastal areas will be difficult.

Good to know, thanks, I'm in Seguin, gas is a little sparse, but attainable at least

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/texas-members-please-be-careful?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.