5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pincoder
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

So I picked up a spare system 6 mpu board from a blackout, with the thought of burning a rom for alien poker and using it as a backup. The board arrived safely and appears complete and intact. A couple small filter caps are jumpers but nothing horrendous. My question is what is the best way of testing this. Should I just plug her in and cross my fingers, or is there a better way? Is there any risk to my other boards in doing so? My ap is working perfectly and don’t want to screw it up. Thanks guys!

I thought bench boot with Leon Test ROM is best practice. Doesn't seem wise to pull apart the 40 pin connector in your game until you have to.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H and model S Skee Ball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfields
Troxel Repair
Playfields
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 150.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop
Displays
$ 129.00
Cabinet Parts
Bob's Pinball Stuff
Cabinet parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rkahr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-system-6-mpu?tu=rkahr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.