• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by dsuperbee
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Just heading to buy a Road Show!

I understand that common things to test before buying are Ted and Red (eyes and mouth) and the shaker motor.

Can someone plz describe the steps I need to do to try these things? The seller knows nothing about it (long story).

I am looking to test things before bying that could be expensive or time consuming if not working. Maybe the test-menu is the way?

#2 3 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl Download the manual here.

Study up on getting into diagnostics. Tests - for switches, for coils ( pull out high power interlock on coin door to enable high power ) flashers, should be a test in there to for devices, if not the eyes and mouth would be in coils.

Have the seller show you how to do this.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Thx, how do i test the eddy boards? What sensors should i test?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Thx, how do i test the eddy boards? What sensors should i test?

easy way is to roll a ball over the sensor during edge test ... but if they are not properly adjusted they may not read correctly.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

easy way is to roll a ball over the sensor during edge test ... but if they are not properly adjusted they may not read correctly.

Yes that´s what I will do, but I wonder what sensors are driven by the Eddy boards? I am heading to look/buy the game in about 2 days. Thanks!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Yes that´s what I will do, but I wonder what sensors are driven by the Eddy boards? I am heading to look/buy the game in about 2 days. Thanks!

The bulldozer in front of ted's mouth and in front of Red's mouth. You can't test with your fingers, so you'll want to put the machine into switch edge test mode and then roll a ball towards the bulldozer targets and towards red's mouth. You should see those switches register on the screen once the ball gets within a close proximity to either area on the playfield. If you need more info, I'm happy to help. PM me and we can chat via phone. I can also explain some other items to look for.

#7 3 years ago

The easiest way to test all of these things at once at least what’s listed is to hit the start button. Red should open her eyes, start talking with Ted following shortly after. That takes care of eyes and mouth. They should move side to side following switch hits from
The ball. Eddy sensors can be tested by hitting the start city scoop or the mine entrance. If you do it immediately New York should start and it will activate teds bulldozer. If you don’t want to start a mode just start hitting the bulldozer and it should callout the days of the week up until friday. I would bet on at least one of the heads having some component not working correctly but that alone would not discourage me from buying at all. The internal parts should all be available and able to be rebuilt if needed.

#8 3 years ago

Thank u all, now I feel ready to take this trip

#9 3 years ago

To go into more depth on the eyes...after looking left or right, they should snap back to center. Not lazily drift back, but snap back quickly. If they dont do this, the brass eyelets that hold the tension on the centering bar are worn and need replacement.

This is extremely common. Those eyelets are thin and wear easily.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-roadshow?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.