• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1088.jpg
Hole.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Right after reassembling the playfield. Minor details remain but oh well... it can be played
Enjoy.

#2 9 years ago

Holy crap, look how fast that supercharger is .....

What is the credit dot about? Sorry, but almost 1.5 hour video, I'm not waiting to find out .

Great job!!!

#3 9 years ago

3.8 Billion score ,, Wow !! The credit dOt has to be something simple cause his HS2 was Operating Top-Notch . maybe a flip EOS ,, and his Super Charger has to be dial'd N thee Low 70's !! Awesome video

U don't have the Stop light installed i noticed ...

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments, yeah, previously it was showing around 130 in the Supercharger test. I disassembled it, fixed its diverter and cleaned all the guts of it. Now it is around 80, rolls quite nice indeed.
The credit dot was the left EOS switch, "una boludez", like we say here
The ball shooter needed its plunger changed (it had a smaller one that did not fully hit the ball so most of the time the ball was feeded to the bumpers instead of the top flipper), and the locker ramp needed a small position correction to prevent the ball stuck at 28:10, as well as a fix of its mechanism to release one ball at a time like it should.
Oh and it also needed a small bend of the shooter lane plate to prevent the rebouncing like at 3:05.
All corrected this afternoon, will have to retest it
Another "fix" I did previously was the "Tunnel" hole, I added 4 washers to it to make it deeper and prevent the common bounce-outs from fast balls (like for IJ's Start Mode hole). They do their job quite well as you may note on the video.
Looks like this from underneath:
Hole.jpgHole.jpg

#5 9 years ago

Unbelievable! I've got a Getaway, too, but compared to you, I feel like the guy who owns a Ferrari but only drives it to and from the grocery store...

#6 9 years ago

What exactly did you clean and how to make your supercharger fly like that. Thanks

#7 9 years ago

Nothing fancy, just a complete disassembly, cleaning and polishing with Brasso.
Pic:
IMG_1088.jpgIMG_1088.jpg

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Marton:

Thanks for the comments, yeah, previously it was showing around 130 in the Supercharger test. I disassembled it, fixed its diverter and cleaned all the guts of it. Now it is around 80, rolls quite nice indeed.
The credit dot was the left EOS switch, "una boludez", like we say here
The ball shooter needed its plunger changed (it had a smaller one that did not fully hit the ball so most of the time the ball was feeded to the bumpers instead of the top flipper), and the locker ramp needed a small position correction to prevent the ball stuck at 28:10, as well as a fix of its mechanism to release one ball at a time like it should.
Oh and it also needed a small bend of the shooter lane plate to prevent the rebouncing like at 3:05.
All corrected this afternoon, will have to retest it
Another "fix" I did previously was the "Tunnel" hole, I added 4 washers to it to make it deeper and prevent the common bounce-outs from fast balls (like for IJ's Start Mode hole). They do their job quite well as you may note on the video.
Looks like this from underneath:

Hole.jpg 188 KB

The plastic in the picture lights up real nice with a flex led in it.

#9 9 years ago

Did you forget the tilt bobble? You definately would have tilted out on my machine.

#10 9 years ago

It is off, no legs yet...

#11 9 years ago

Nice, Marton. Even with no tilt, that's pretty sweet gameplay. I also envy your supercharger speed. Mine seems to have slowed down a bit since I got it but it works.

I still don't understand how yours gives you the 100m superjackpot and mine doesn't. Mine only does 50m and it's tough for me to get that. Did you have the extra post in the small upper loop to make the lock shot off the top flipper more difficult? You seem to nail that shot with ease.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Did you forget the tilt bobble? You definately would have tilted out on my machine.

Screw a Tilt bob , I have mine installed -- but it's All the way Up .. Dam if I'm gonna loose out on a High score game due 2 a nudge , i don't Nudge hard anyway ..

Marton , Hey bro do a vid- showing yr Super Charger Test like i did B-Lo .. I want to see Yr's n action

My Lowest was 77 ,, I'm Gonna tear the S.C down again and Tune/ Polish -- Faster is Better !

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Screw a Tilt bob , I have mine installed -- but it's All the way Up .. Dam if I'm gonna loose out on a High score game due 2 a nudge , i don't Nudge hard anyway ..
Marton , Hey bro do a vid- showing yr Super Charger Test like i did B-Lo .. I want to see Yr's n action
My Lowest was 77 ,, I'm Gonna tear the S.C down again and Tune/ Polish -- faster is Better !
» YouTube video

Dude had an awesome score no doubt, However, lets brag the high score to Tourney players which is a group that impresses me (PAPA). No one would respect that score if they knew a tilt wasnt installed. Its a handicap, and to me he might as well played with the glass off... all im saying is that score wouldnt have been achieved if it was played on factory settings with a tilt.

#14 9 years ago

@jawjaw: thanks. The 100M super jackpot is on Red Line Mania, not regular Multiball.
@Pinhead87: as I said, this was just a gameplay test to find issues with the game, nothing official

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Marton:

@jawjaw: thanks. The 100M super jackpot is on Red Line Mania, not regular Multiball.

Yeah, I know. I don't do it very often but mine only dishes out 50m in redline - just like in multiball. I'm still pumped any time I can get a super but would love that bigger score. Lock shots on my machine are tough. The shot off the upper flipper is very tight and the ball often gets rejected by hitting the side of the second switch on the left rpm shot (can't seem to fix that ). When I am playing well, I get more points in supercharger mode than jackpots.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I still don't understand how yours gives you the 100m superjackpot and mine doesn't. Mine only does 50m and it's tough for me to get that.

You probably have different ROM versions.

#17 9 years ago

@jawjaw as yonkiman said, maybe you have a different ROM. L-5 is buggy. I use L-2 as it is the best IMO (although it also has some bugs).
Oh BTW I do have the extra post in the top loop.

#18 9 years ago

I'd say you've played that before. Wow. Nice skills! Best "super jackpot" of any pin. Love the sound when you hit it!

Mike

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Marton:

@jawjaw as yonkiman said, maybe you have a different ROM. L-5 is buggy. I use L-2 as it is the best IMO (although it also has some bugs).
Oh BTW I do have the extra post in the top loop.

I might need to try a different version than L5 because it does seem buggy. After the first multiball, it seems to get confused on locks a lot. Not sure how to do change the code, though.

You are a lot better than me at hitting shots. I thought about taking out that post but I don't want to make it too easy. Watching your video did give me a few tips on how to play a little better.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-my-getaway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.