• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hi

On my AMH when the ball exiting the kick-out hole hits the right flipper that's being held in up position moves back a little (maybe half an inch) and then 'flips' the ball forward. It shouldn't do that, and I'm thinking it might be the EOS switch. The switch closes when flipper is being held, so I'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot that.

Can I test the EOS functionality while the wires are attached or do I have to desolder them first? Any other suggestions on where to start?

Thanks,
-K

#2 7 years ago

First, just try making sure the switch opens as soon as the flipper moves at all from its held position. The game can't know the flipper has moved until the switch opens, so if it stays open for the first section of the movement, the game won't react then

#3 7 years ago

go into switch test.. rotate the flipper to full flip position. You'll see the EOS switch light up. Then slowly rotate the flipper back down to see how what your range is on that switch.

beyond that, this will happen naturally as the coils are super strong and with the ball bouncing and the flipper re-hitting on the bounce, you get a dramatic rebound effect.

Reduce the power on the scoop is your only solution.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

On my AMH when the ball exiting the kick-out hole hits the right flipper that's being held in up position moves back a little (maybe half an inch) and then 'flips' the ball forward. It shouldn't do that, and I'm thinking it might be the EOS switch. The switch closes when flipper is being held, so I'm trying to figure out how to troubleshoot that.

As FG said that is going to happen on a hard shot to the flippers (on any game). I would make sure the EOS switch is gapped properly and if that's ok then reduce the power on the scoop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-eos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.