3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheWiz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A3CD963-D51D-4115-9BB1-AE795B0391CB (resized).jpeg
    DSCN3847 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3845 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3852 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheWiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 3 years ago

I’ve done this for a couple of years. I even built a little breadboard so I could test all the signals in and out of the board on the bench. Hard to see in the picture but there is an LED strip there that lights when a transistor is on. The DIP switches are for setting the BCD inputs. I can sequence through all the transistors and make sure they are all working correctly, the relay picks and contacts are good, etc. Very handy.

Good job on your build.

2A3CD963-D51D-4115-9BB1-AE795B0391CB (resized).jpeg2A3CD963-D51D-4115-9BB1-AE795B0391CB (resized).jpeg
    #9 3 years ago

Billc479 Yes, I power the breadboard with the SDB +5 volts. The first thing I check is the +5v and HV, if those pass then I connect up the breadboard tester and test all functions of the board.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TheWiz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/testing-bally-stern-sdb-power-section?tu=TheWiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.