Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Cariba
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cariba.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Hello all,

I am looking to power up and test (just for 5 to 10 mins) a Fireball Classic Pinball machine in a storage unit.
    It should be working fine, just would like o go over there and test it - but there is no standard power available - and wanted to try to bring and use a battery power pack with 110-120 V 300W 60 hz output, would a power pack with 300W work (600W peak)? Any issues or risks trying this?

What would be worst case scenario?
    ...or do I need more wattage? again just looking to power and test it out for ~5 to 10 mins.

I seen some battery packs on Amazon around $200-300 range, not sure if I can post direct links here to verify?

Anyone know the rated wattage of this machine by chance?

Thanks in advance.

#5 1 year ago

Yes this info helps all, the cabinet has been converted to LEDs, so that would help keep amp draw down too.

#9 1 year ago

Thanks again guys,
    the power pack I'm using is pure sine wave, so it suppose to replicate household AC power.
    Actually I will be using a invertor connected from my car battery first (also produces pure sine wave) and is higher wattage even. Then will be going to the battery pack mentioned above.

I know there is always a risk, but it seems like this might work.

Regards,

#10 1 year ago

Just wanted to report that start up and play on the DC to AC Invertor 1500 W w/ pure sine wave (connected directly to car battery) worked great no issues. Ill let you know once I try it on the actual battery pack

#11 1 year ago

Wanted to report the successful use of the Battery Pack 300 W and 600 W peak. I am able to start and play this pin without any apparent issues, with spinner motor running fine etc.

Although I notice that I need to leave battery pack on for a minute or so before I can use it, and unplug and plug it back in....or something else is causing this "delay in using".
    ...but other than that works fine, and battery seems to be able to hold off in playing likely at least 20 mins or more (I haven't tested this long yet).

1 week later
    #12 1 year ago

Just FYI all, the weird issues I was experiencing where I thought I had to wait for the AC battery power pack or unplug and plug back in was actually caused by the old PINs power plug and very loose deteriorated wiring in the plug. I replaced and re-wired into new plug and now this battery pack works excellent in starting and powering up the pinball where I have no regular power.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cariba.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/test-a-pinball-on-battery-pack?tu=Cariba and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.