Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Toys.JPG
brain_in_jar.gif
bracket.JPG
ingredients.JPG
Tesseract.jpg
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Someone keep track on how long these balls last = games played.
We gave away balls like this at work and by the end of the day they were dim or dead (from bouncing)
Wonder what the life span is.
4.5v battery power on 5 leds has a life of 12-14hrs.

#52 11 years ago

What is the exterior dimensions of the golf ball display? Is it smaller than the Stern cube?

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What is the exterior dimensions of the golf ball display? Is it smaller than the Stern cube?

I think they might be 2" x 2"

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Very cool.
I was working a 12v 8 flasher reed switch but this works.
Excellent job.

Would like to see the finished product

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Someone keep track on how long these balls last = games played.
We gave away balls like this at work and by the end of the day they were dim or dead (from bouncing)
Wonder what the life span is.
4.5v battery power on 5 leds has a life of 12-14hrs.

I have the same concern. A little worried Bout how long the batteries will last.

#56 11 years ago

I am curious myself. So far, still working fine. If your calculations are correct, 12-14 hours of light up time will mean changing batteries about once a month for me. I can live with that. The tesseract easily comes apart allowing the batteries to be replaced.

I will post when my Tesseract goes dark.

#57 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

I think they might be 2" x 2"

That's the size of the stock cube also

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from asnatlas:

Would like to see the finished product

Ah yes....yes you will

#59 11 years ago

FYI.

Per the post by 'rockrand', Toy's R Us does have similar toys in the $1 - $3 bins in the front of the store. I picked up a flashing dino wand ($3), spikey ball ($1), and fish ($1). Each contains one light up ball.

Note: each of these toys come with blue and red LED's (flashes blue and red) . The mod I used contained blue, green, and red LED's (flashes blue/green and red). I cut off the red LED so only blue/green flashed.

Toys.JPGToys.JPG

#60 11 years ago

Mod threads make me laugh. Grown men telling each other where to go find kids toys for mods. Today a pin friend texted me to notify me he found me the avengers figure set at Target. I had looked at two stores and they were out. I was very happy to hear this. I have to get him money now. Lololololol
funny stuff.

#61 11 years ago

I bought both Avenger 8 packs (small and large figures) from Target weeks before I even saw the table. Working on those mods now.....

#62 11 years ago

Maybe modding will be part of Sterns marketing. We put cheap toys in for you to mod, make the game your own. The cube looks awesome by the way, very nice.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

I bought both Avenger 8 packs (small and large figures) from Target weeks before I even saw the table. Working on those mods now.....

too funny.

#64 11 years ago

Hey were still kids at heart. Pinball is just an adult toy that you wish you had as a child.

#65 11 years ago

I just ordered two different brands of golf ball holders from Amazon (Ballqube and BCW).
It will be fun experimenting with different techniques of painting/detailing the cubes. I already have some ideas for the metal bracket that mounts to the post. To avoid a permanent mod, I do not want to mess with the original cube and mount. I will design my own mount.

#66 11 years ago

i seen a old saying( ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND BOYS IS THE PRICE OF THERE TOYS)

#67 11 years ago

Looks great. I'd be in for one if I end up grabbing a machine next week. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of creative mods for the Tesseract in the coming year.

#68 11 years ago

Tesseract 2.0

- Removed green LED
- Added two blue LED's (three total)
- Adjusted switch actication sensitivity
- Fabricated bracket identical to stock bracket
- Lined inside of cube with several layers of crumpled wax paper (light diffuser)

It's doubtful that I will be offering this mod anytime soon. In my eyes, it is still a hack job. If anyone needs help (photos, material/assembly info,etc), just let me know. Good luck!

#69 11 years ago

Tesseract 2.0

- Removed green LED
- Lined inside of cube with several layers of crumpled wax paper (light diffuser)

It's doubtful that I will be offering this mod anytime soon. In my eyes, it is still a hack job. If anyone needs help (photos, material/assembly info,etc), just let me know. Good luck!

#70 11 years ago

Tesseract 2.0

- Removed green LED

#71 11 years ago

Whoops.....sorry about the triple post......no idea how that happened

#72 11 years ago

Mabye a hack but damn it videos well!

#73 11 years ago

I made 2 versions so far, i will try to take some pics today...

I did a frosted one, only painting the inside, and a painted one that looks like the origional.

Went to toys r us, and got 2 motion activated toys, magic wands for a princess...

It only has 1 led per, i gutted both wands and used both lights in the cube..."the painted one".

Toys r us had NO other options there to choose from... I am at a loss for other LED options..

Anybody have any ideas ?

The painted cube needs some brighter ones, or more in there....

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated... TIA

#74 11 years ago

Looks really good. I've been playing with lighting from the rear with a spot light. There is only about 1/4" of clearance so it gives a nice effect also. Still messing with different finishes.

8 months later
#75 10 years ago

any way to cut the time down of the flashing ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesseract-mod-complete/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.