Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111004 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111010 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed .gif
    9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg
    4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1016 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG Bonneville (resized).PNG
    A9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpeg
    20220114_153305 (resized).jpg
    Coal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpg
    Niagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 2 years ago

This is of course assuming it'll arrive not properly assembled, break down constantly, and certain features can be removed by the manufacturer remotely should you ever decide to sell it. Then yes, it would be a Tesla pinball machine... LOL

Jeff

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from Firechief:

I bet most people driving Tesla’s think 90% of people want one. Whereas 90% of people that see one think I would never buy a Tesla.

Um... I hate to break it to you but that's simply wrong. Also, shorting TSLA is a really stupid and I mean STUPID idea... Billions have been lost already trying to outwit that stock.

I'm about as critical of Tesla as you can get (previous owner of 2 different Tesla's) but I can promise you the company and it's cars have that "it" factor and people absolutely want that "it"... Why do you think they have a line that constantly wraps around the block for their cars and why seemingly every quarter now they're delivering more cars than before?

When I used to own them, there wasn't a place we could go without SOMEONE asking to see the car (more so on our model X then S but still)...

Jeff

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I have zero interest in a Tesla, though I find Elon entertaining.

Honestly, unless you've ever driven one you can't really say you have zero interest. The cars themselves are a completely different universe automobile wise. The company is horribly corrupt, and Elon is as shady as it comes, but the cars... Wow... (assuming of course you got a good one off the line but that's a completely different conversation)

Jeff

#45 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah but pretty sure no kids have posters of a Tesla Y on their bedroom wall. I don't think paying electric bills, waiting for batteries to charge, and watching your range translate to anything exciting unless you are a big tech nerd.

Electric is cheaper than gas, Tesla doesn't make posters, and waiting for batteries to charge is a way to say you don't know what you're talking about without saying you don't know what you're talking about...

Jeff

#46 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

This is a bit more my speed.
    [quoted image]

And an average Tesla would absolutely smoke you (even a hellcat if that's what that is, hard to tell)... A Model S Plaid+ would embarrass you. It's funny you say Tesla doesn't make something that fits your needs then you post a completely average Dodge... LOL What needs do you have? Going slow? LOL

JUST KIDDING... Hellcats are awesome cars, but you're still limited by throttle response.

Jeff

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from BriannaWu:

It would smoke you in a straight line. A few times. Then the battery would overheat and the performance would plummet.
    Going fast in a straight line is not the only relevant metric of a high performance car. There is steering feel (Tesla is electronic, which many serious car people dislike), handling, weight, and 1000 other factors.
    One of my favorite Porsches I own is my $6000 Boxster. It's not fast, but it is tossable and light. With the top down on a warm day, it's the best car I own, and it cost a fraction as much as my high performance track toys.
    Again, I have no issue with Tesla - but as it is with pinball, what is "best" depends on who it's for and what they value.

No... It wouldn't... Not in a straight line, not sure why you think that. A Model S Plaid+ does a quarter mile in under 8 seconds...

Also, battery overheating isn't nearly as much of an issue as you're making it out to be in the current iterations of the Model S Plaid+ especially with the updated track mode software.

Now the rest of it, of course I'm not going to argue steering by wire feel and all of that other stuff that makes racing what it is.

Lastly, Tesla as a company we completely agree on as it's a corrupt and shady organization but the cars themselves (yes assuming you get a "good one" off the line) are nothing short of spectacular.

Jeff

#89 2 years ago

Okay I see this is pointless... Some of you refuse to accept there's nothing like a Model S Plaid Plus on the market today that you can buy at a reasonable cost (in comparison to hyper cars) that will smoke literally anything else out there, period. Oh and it happens to do this with zero emissions...

Sure the company is corrupt and unethical and still can't reliably build cars but to deny the gigantic performance boost you get is just burying your head in the sand.

Jeff

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL
    [quoted image]

LOL back at you... As if that's the only way to generate electricity. FFS...

Jeff

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

The S Plaid + was cancelled so technically it’s not even on the market.

I know they canceled the X Plaid +... My bad... I could have swore S Plaid + went to production but I was wrong.

Jeff

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL
    [quoted image]

Also do you REALLY want to go over the emissions to extract oil, refine it, transport it, and burn it??? Or are stupid coal plant cheap shots really all you have? Don't bother answering, I'm done arguing although it's disappointing we still have people post this shit with regards to EVs even in 2022... EVs are going to overtake the entire market whether you want them to or not...

Jeff

#161 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There's a finite number of fanboys with the money to afford Tesla vehicles. Now that recently revealed features will not be retrofittable, the victims of the Pied Piper of Palo Alto/Austin/South Africa are in a tizz. They've been told to just buy a new Tesla with these new bells and whistles and sell your old one. You'll get more for it than you paid for it..... Alas, the new ones cost even more and the money/credit limits are drying up.

I know I said I was done but I couldn't help it considering post after post from you is just spouting profound ignorance. Whether it be service, electricity generation, future prices (hey genius, economies of scale will make those things CHEAPER not more expensive) of panels/batteries, etc... You sound like a dinosaur who hasn't figure out the asteroid has already hit. 25 years...??? LOL... At the rate we're going in 5 EVs will be the most purchased power train out there... I get you don't like Tesla, I don't either and I've owned them... Oh and they're profitable without the damn ZEV credits now so you can throw that BS out as well.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and just look like a fool... Oh and before you call me a fanboy keep in mind I don't even own a Tesla anymore, I don't even own an EV currently. However, the future is clear and EVs are going to dominate the market. Can't wait to get my F150 Lightening...

Jeff

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Frozen wind turbines?

Only that wasn't the issue at all, but I get it fits the narrative that renewable energy was to blame. It sure sounds a whole lot better than frozen natural gas distribution systems. Plays well with a certain group of "Americans" these days...

Jeff

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeffro01.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-would-make-an-awesome-theme?tu=jeffro01 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.