Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111004 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111010 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed .gif
    9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg
    4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1016 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG Bonneville (resized).PNG
    A9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpeg
    20220114_153305 (resized).jpg
    Coal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpg
    Niagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpg
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 2 years ago

How about the pin runs on rechargeable batteries and after three games you have to plug it in for 8 hours for a full recharge?

On a serious note, how about someone present the idea to Tesla and let's see what kind of ground up original pinball design they come up with on their own without one of the established pinball manufacturers. Would love to see an outsider's take on pinball design.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Our power generation is slowly getting cleaner.

Frozen wind turbines?

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

Ditto. Driven all the Teslas other than the X. Fun when going straight and great acceleration from the line. The future of automobiles, etc. But, I always come back to the 6-speed manual sitting in my garage when I want to enjoy driving through the twisties. And, the sound of the engine... that is part of the enjoyment for me.

Ya I will say your right on the 6 speed manual.They are both different beast and both are fun.I wonder if in 20 years from now if the auto manufacturers will be making 6 speed manual autos anymore.They may be a relic from the past in the future and a good investment now to buy one and stash it as a investment.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from SNES:

Oops, I’m dumb.

me 2 lol.I cant wait :}:}

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Ya I will say your right on the 6 speed manual.They are both different beast and both are fun.I wonder if in 20 years from now if the auto manufacturers will be making 6 speed manual autos anymore.They may be a relic from the past in the future and a good investment now to buy one and stash it as a investment.

Mine has a naturally asperated engine couple with the manual gearbox so it is already a bit of a dinosaur. Just like my LOTR, it's a keeper!

Apologies, we will now return to the TESLA programming...

IMG_1016 (resized).jpegIMG_1016 (resized).jpeg
    #156 2 years ago

Destruction of vast landscapes and waterways, environmental noise pollution, serious harm to wildlife, constant repair/maintenance? Yeah, turbines are great, aren't they?

https://www.eagles.org/take-action/wind-turbine-fatalities

https://abcbirds.org/blog21/wind-turbine-mortality

Again, I'm happy and supportive of alternate energy sources and products (personally, I think nuclear energy is the best long-term solution). Just stop lying/withholding the truth/being uneducated when trying to justify why you are morally and ethically superior to me by choosing one technology over another.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Frozen wind turbines?

Frozen gas distribution system was the biggest culprit, but that doesn’t go well with some narratives.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

Mine has a naturally asperated engine couple with the manual gearbox so it is already a bit of a dinosaur. Just like my LOTR, it's a keeper!
    Apologies, we will now return to the TESLA programming...
    [quoted image]

Nice car!!

4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg
    #159 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Nice car!![quoted image]

Right back at ya', Jaybird!

#160 2 years ago

The OG V8 killer, before EV’s started doing it

9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg
    #161 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

There's a finite number of fanboys with the money to afford Tesla vehicles. Now that recently revealed features will not be retrofittable, the victims of the Pied Piper of Palo Alto/Austin/South Africa are in a tizz. They've been told to just buy a new Tesla with these new bells and whistles and sell your old one. You'll get more for it than you paid for it..... Alas, the new ones cost even more and the money/credit limits are drying up.

I know I said I was done but I couldn't help it considering post after post from you is just spouting profound ignorance. Whether it be service, electricity generation, future prices (hey genius, economies of scale will make those things CHEAPER not more expensive) of panels/batteries, etc... You sound like a dinosaur who hasn't figure out the asteroid has already hit. 25 years...??? LOL... At the rate we're going in 5 EVs will be the most purchased power train out there... I get you don't like Tesla, I don't either and I've owned them... Oh and they're profitable without the damn ZEV credits now so you can throw that BS out as well.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and just look like a fool... Oh and before you call me a fanboy keep in mind I don't even own a Tesla anymore, I don't even own an EV currently. However, the future is clear and EVs are going to dominate the market. Can't wait to get my F150 Lightening...

Jeff

#162 2 years ago

Frozen wind turbines?

Only that wasn't the issue at all, but I get it fits the narrative that renewable energy was to blame. It sure sounds a whole lot better than frozen natural gas distribution systems. Plays well with a certain group of "Americans" these days...

Jeff

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Only that wasn't the issue at all, but I get it fits the narrative that renewable energy was to blame. It sure sounds a whole lot better than frozen natural gas distribution systems. Plays well with a certain group of "Americans" these days...
    Jeff

So, the wind turbines didn't freeze?

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sooo, your a Tesla fan MrBally ?

I've done well trading the stock. I don't short and I purposely never fill out the Options trading forms with my account. I got burned big-time in the 1987 crash.

Driven all of their vehicles except the Roadster. No plans to buy one. Just bought my wife a e-tron thanks to Tesla stock.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from merkdds:

I have to think a Tesla theme would make an awesome machine. There are a ton of die hard fans and content to draw from. Roadster, Cybertruck, Plaid mode multi ball. It sells itself. I am alone thinking this and is it feasible?[quoted image]

Tumbleweed .gifTumbleweed .gif

#166 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh boy, this is bottom barrel
    The problem is the only interesting thing aboot Tesla is the wacky owner. So everything would have to be based on how fucking weird he is. Luckily with is ego he may be up for it.

THIS! (resized).jpgTHIS! (resized).jpg
    #167 2 years ago

I do think Tesla the man would be pretty cool though. I could imagine a Van de Graaf generator inside and when the ball rolled too close getting a unique light show....

Of course, it would probably have to be an EM, come to think of it, cause the ESD would probably fry anything solid state!

#168 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

I know I said I was done but I couldn't help it considering post after post from you is just spouting profound ignorance. Whether it be service, electricity generation, future prices (hey genius, economies of scale will make those things CHEAPER not more expensive) of panels/batteries, etc... You sound like a dinosaur who hasn't figure out the asteroid has already hit. 25 years...??? LOL... At the rate we're going in 5 EVs will be the most purchased power train out there... I get you don't like Tesla, I don't either and I've owned them... Oh and they're profitable without the damn ZEV credits now so you can throw that BS out as well.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and just look like a fool... Oh and before you call me a fanboy keep in mind I don't even own a Tesla anymore, I don't even own an EV currently. However, the future is clear and EVs are going to dominate the market. Can't wait to get my F150 Lightening...
    Jeff

I never said anything aboot "ZEV credits" so put those words back into your mouth, not mine.

You can call me ignorant, but once we have need to depend on electricity for our transportation fuel, the cost will rise exponentially. No gasoline or diesel tax means road costs have to go up.

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

How many car pins are there? I can only think of Corvette, Mustang and a Gottlieb EM or two. None of which had outstanding .

Viper Night Drivin'
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

...there's also the o-din favorite Williams Struggle Buggies

#170 2 years ago

Man I love my black and decker drill I guess
    Let’s make a pinball about it. .

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You're saying there is going to be a car bubble?

Maybe he meant a "Bubble Car".

#172 2 years ago

So, the wind turbines didn't freeze?

“Natural gas-fired units represented 58 percent of all generating units experiencing unplanned outages, derates or failures to start. The remaining portion was comprised of wind (27 percent), coal (6 percent), solar (2 percent) and other generation types (7 percent), with four nuclear units making up less than 1 percent.”

#173 2 years ago

Most resist generational change. They'll dig in deep and refuse to see the obvious. Then they'll die. Then the next gen will do the same thing.

#174 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Man I love my black and decker drill I guess
    Let’s make a pinball about it. .

Porter-Cable has a nice sound to it as well.....

#175 2 years ago

In an attempt to get on a Tesla Pinball track, if the machines offer a Dogecoin "chute"; should pricing be Six Dogecoins, one play?

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

The OG V8 killer, before EV’s started doing it
    [quoted image]

Grand National?

#177 2 years ago

Yes, of course if it was a GNX it would be more impressive...

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, of course if it was a GNX it would be more impressive...

Maybe one day.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Maybe one day.

Back in summer of '88, I was buying a new Fiero GT at a Buick/Pontiac dealership. They had both a new Grand National and a new GNX in the showroom.

They were charging $3K "dealer markup" over list price for the Grand National, and $30K over list for the GNX.

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Back in summer of '88, I was buying a new Fiero GT at a Buick/Pontiac dealership. They had both a new Grand National and a new GNX in the showroom.
    They were charging $3K "dealer markup" over list price for the Grand National, and $30K over list for the GNX.

Now it’s $50-100k more for a GNX. It’s kind of like the LE of Turbo Regals.

A really nice rear suspension and a few other unique items limited to 547 cars.

#181 2 years ago

Saw a nice one here ten days ago....

20220108_111004 (resized).jpg20220108_111004 (resized).jpg20220108_111010 (resized).jpg20220108_111010 (resized).jpg
    #182 2 years ago
    FB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpg
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-would-make-an-awesome-theme/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.