Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111004 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111010 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed .gif
    9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg
    4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1016 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG Bonneville (resized).PNG
    A9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpeg
    20220114_153305 (resized).jpg
    Coal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpg
    Niagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpg
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Tesla the man, like the Houdini pin?

That's what I thought when I clicked the topic. A Tesla (the man) game in the vein of what AP did with Houdini would be a "fantasy" theme for me.

(Sorry to interrupt the Autoblog/Jalopnik/Hooniverse comments section with a silly thing like pinball, but you guys can now feel free to get back to your regularly scheduled Tesla love/hate "battle royale" and let the clichés fly.)

#102 2 years ago

Teslas look like 10 year old Mazda 3s. Pass

#103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

“Coal fueled power plant closes”. Lol

Anyone uttering the term "zero emissions vehicle" has zero understanding where the electric coming out of a wall socket comes from.

There is always an emissions cost of some sort.

#104 2 years ago

Do they come in 6 speed?

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

“Coal fueled power plant closes”. Lol

23% is not an insignificant amount of power generation.

20220114_153305 (resized).jpg20220114_153305 (resized).jpg
    #106 2 years ago

It would have to be made by jjp because you would want the least reliable car theme to be made by the least reliable pinball company.

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

We need more nuclear power, the fact that "environmentalists" have basically put a stop to the proliferation of nuclear power over ridiculously overblown safety concerns is a huge shame. Everyone should read "Apocalypse never" for some great insight into this.

The problem isn't really plant accidents, it's where to safely and securely store the waste. The current "solution" of storing on-site is dangerous. I'd be fine with nuclear once there is a global, or at least national plan for storage. Otherwise we are just slowly creating a bigger problem.

#108 2 years ago

A pinball machine based on Tesla the car company would sell out immediately. The cross over products Elon has done like a Tesla big wheels and the flame thrower were instantly sold out. They built a brand that has a dedicated following and lots of disposable income.

#109 2 years ago

It's a lot easier for a tesla fan to buy the flamethrower and such, they're smaller, easier to ship, don't take up space and don't require the upkeep that pins do.

Quoted from Zambonilli:

They built a brand that has a dedicated following and lots of disposable income.

That also describes Mustang fans, and that pin was a bust.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

The problem isn't really plant accidents, it's where to safely and securely store the waste. The current "solution" of storing on-site is dangerous. I'd be fine with nuclear once there is a global, or at least national plan for storage. Otherwise we are just slowly creating a bigger problem.

Thorium would be a choice...

#111 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Anyone uttering the term "zero emissions vehicle" has zero understanding where the electric coming out of a wall socket comes from.
    There is always an emissions cost of some sort.

The vehicle has zero emissions.

No one said they’re all powered by renewable sources. Some are and some aren’t.

Our power generation is slowly getting cleaner. Many coal fired plants are shutting down, and renewable sources are coming online. We still need natural gas and nuclear.

Either way they’re much better for the environment than ICE. They’re not perfect. They’re much better.

#112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

Either way they’re much better for the environment than ICE. They’re not perfect. They’re much better.

A dubious claim which ignores the lifecycle of the vehicle from the massive mines required in production of battery packs to the disposal of said items.

They are different, not better with their own weaknesses and strengths.

#113 2 years ago

One of the bonus rounds Elon snorts a big line of Cocaine then wild multi ball.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

A dubious claim which ignores the lifecycle of the vehicle from the massive mines required in production of battery packs to the disposal of said items.
    They are different, not better with their own weaknesses and strengths.

There is plenty of info on the total lifecycle. It’s better.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/lifetime-carbon-emissions-electric-vehicles-vs-gasoline-cars-2021-06-29/

#115 2 years ago

That article doesn't address what I posted.

Done here.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay I see this is pointless... Some of you refuse to accept there's nothing like a Model S Plaid Plus on the market today that you can buy at a reasonable cost (in comparison to hyper cars) that will smoke literally anything else out there, period. Oh and it happens to do this with zero emissions...
    Sure the company is corrupt and unethical and still can't reliably build cars but to deny the gigantic performance boost you get is just burying your head in the sand.
    Jeff

I heard the cars are programmed to automatically take you to get vaccinated. Stay away.

#117 2 years ago

This thread confirms what I suspected, Tesla dudes are weird.

#118 2 years ago

Tesla the man, like the Houdini pin?

This sounds way more interesting

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

That also describes Mustang fans, and that pin was a bust.

They sold out cybertruck preorders in 2 hours. The vast majority of Tesla owners are paying nearly 10k to add autopilot. What mustang sold out ever around the time that pin was released and did they even have 10k options for mustangs?

I'm not a Tesla fan boy and I think a pin would be silly but their brand is powerful enough that they will sellout almost any cross over product.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

They sold out cybertruck preorders in 2 hours. The vast majority of Tesla owners are paying nearly 10k to add autopilot. What mustang sold out ever around the time that pin was released and did they even have 10k options for mustangs?
    I'm not a Tesla fan boy and I think a pin would be silly but their brand is powerful enough that they will sellout almost any cross over product.

If Tesla fans are spending that much on autopilot and buying ugliest truck known to man you might be right. Stern could do another Supreme. Take cheapest pin they make, paint it Tesla colors, and sell it for $25000. Tesla fans would go nuts. Obviously if you sell a lot of cars you can sell a lot of pins because cargument.

#121 2 years ago

Oops, I’m dumb.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from dscapo:

This sounds way more interesting

Houdini is easily one of the most undervalued and underpriced games on the market. I think a Tesla (the man) pin would be incredibly interesting.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

"Ford introduced the 1965 Mustang at the World's Fair on April 17, 1964, to instant acclaim. Ford planned for 100,000 first-year sales, but dealers sold 22,000 on the first day."

#124 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My Tesla has 46k miles and still works! Yippie!

One of my Audi's has 300,000 miles and it still works. I had another one that I got 286,000 miles on before I donated it to a charity motors place. An older one one (1981 model) only had 240,000 miles before I donated it.
    Yippie!!!

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oneangrymo:

But they would buy tesla shares

Agreed. I have been trading shares for aboot two years which allowed me to quit working and move away from the snow & cold. I also just bought my wife a new, drumroll please... Audi e-tron.....

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Houdini is easily one of the most undervalued and underpriced games on the market. I think a Tesla (the man) pin would be incredibly interesting.

Death Ray Multiball

#127 2 years ago
    Quoted from Firechief:

I’m actually short Tesla shares now fwiw

When "everyone" is raising TSLA price targets and one twitter idiot (no names) posts dozens of tweets a day beginning with: "BREAKING" or "NEWS" and actual semi-real media outlets quote a twitterer (if that's a word), you know the end is near.

#128 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Honestly, unless you've ever driven one you can't really say you have zero interest. The cars themselves are a completely different universe automobile wise. The company is horribly corrupt, and Elon is as shady as it comes, but the cars... Wow... (assuming of course you got a good one off the line but that's a completely different conversation)
    Jeff

I have zero interest in owning one and I was able to use two (an M3 and a MX) for several days as my former employer had them as pool cars. Nothing like having the oversized iPad go completely blank and remain off while driving on the freeway at 70+MPH. Thank goodness both times it happened was during the day. I still don't know if the headlights would have remained on or not. No thanks, not buying something with code written by a kid that is obviously not foolproof.

Recently, on a trip to Reno from Las Vegas on US95, there was a MY with FSD Beta on an uphill grade with a truck lane. A slower moving Mobile home being towed in the right lane with part of it hanging over the left lane caused the MY to violently swerve into the left lane then back to the right three times. It almost took out the car in front of me (in the left lane). Completely flawed. Those cars are going to kill people. I can't wait for NHTSA to order them off the road. Then the shorts may make a few dollars back....

#129 2 years ago

It would make an interesting theme, but probably not the Tesla you are thinking.

A9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpegA9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpeg
    #130 2 years ago
    Quoted from merkdds:

I've had a Y for almost two years. Zero maintenance or issues. Cost is about $25 a month on my electricity bill and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. I was a doubter too until I drove one.

Tires don't wear out, especially with those 3.3 sec 0-60 acceleration events?

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from merkdds:

Everything they sell on the website sells out. Tequila, flamethrowers, short shorts, Cyberwhistle. It's reasonable a pin would do well.

The musketeers are a brainwashed bunch...
    Signed, BOOMER

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Yeah but pretty sure no kids have posters of a Tesla Y on their bedroom wall. I don't think paying electric bills, waiting for batteries to charge, and watching your range translate to anything exciting unless you are a big tech nerd.

You'd be surprised by the fanboys on Twitter. Many with kids eagerly post how little Hodgie sees one parked and yells to daddy: "LOOK! A TESLA! Daddy millennial or Early Gen Z'er happily posts how proud they are that their kid is only interested in Tesla vehicles.

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from Electronmagic:

I don't get it. It's an economy car. Like a Toyota Prius.
    Plus they make no noise. What sounds would the pin use? What callouts?

C'Mon Man; They're Luxury cars. Ask any fanboy or Teslarati, Tesmanian etc newsletter writers. They'll tell you.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Electric is cheaper than gas, Tesla doesn't make posters, and waiting for batteries to charge is a way to say you don't know what you're talking about without saying you don't know what you're talking about...
    Jeff

As soon as EV's represent the majority of vehicles (I doubt it will be within 25 years), watch electric rates, solar panels (for the minority of US and Canadian homes that it makes any sense to install on) and backup battery prices quadruple. For a great example, note how at least 50% of homes have LED or CFL lamps and "energy star" refrigerators and A/C units; Yet, funny that our electric bills are higher than ever. Rates keep going up.

#135 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

And an average Tesla would absolutely smoke you (even a hellcat if that's what that is, hard to tell)... A Model S Plaid+ would embarrass you. It's funny you say Tesla doesn't make something that fits your needs then you post a completely average Dodge... LOL What needs do you have? Going slow? LOL
    JUST KIDDING... Hellcats are awesome cars, but you're still limited by throttle response.
    Jeff

An average Tesla will be way behind me and fall further back after accelerating faster out of the gate for maybe 30 or 40 seconds. Even a Plaid will be behind me. Of course if the OTA update to a 199 mph top speed gets downloaded, then it will be faster. Note that the OTA update will probably be an option requiring a fee and a brake upgrade at order time. Sorry, no update for most owners. Simply buy a new vehicle....

Note that this speed was back when my antiquated, inferior ICE dinosaur car had 216,000 miles....

IMAG Bonneville (resized).PNGIMAG Bonneville (resized).PNG
    #136 2 years ago
    Quoted from Castlecade:

Yeah if you like cars without heat in the winter lol
    And like waiting 6 weeks just to get a service appointment

No need, they NEVER require ANY service nor maintenance. Ask ANY Tesla fanboy......

#137 2 years ago

And Niagara Falls.[quoted image]

I was last there in 2018, It was sooo cold and the mist was frozen on all of the Nicola Tesla stuff on the US side.

#138 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

LOL back at you... As if that's the only way to generate electricity. FFS...
    Jeff

Depending on where you live and if you want to charge your car at home; yes, Coal is the only source of electricity in many areas.

#139 2 years ago

Welp, that article is PROOF POSITIVE for me!

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zambonilli:

There's a finite number of fanboys with the money to afford Tesla vehicles. Now that recently revealed features will not be retrofittable, the victims of the Pied Piper of Palo Alto/Austin/South Africa are in a tizz. They've been told to just buy a new Tesla with these new bells and whistles and sell your old one. You'll get more for it than you paid for it..... Alas, the new ones cost even more and the money/credit limits are drying up.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Welp, that article is PROOF POSITIVE for me!

Wow, you probably just broke a record for the most consecutive posts.

You should share the info you have of ICE having a lower carbon footprint than EV’s with big oil or the big 3.

I’m sure they would have loved to have it 5 years ago. Could have saved them billions of dollars and put EV’s out of business for good.

You would have probably made even more $ with your shorts.

Let’s see your Plaid killer

#142 2 years ago

Sooo, your a Tesla fan MrBally ?

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Integrated Tesla coil would be a neat toy.

#144 2 years ago

What's ironic is that Telsa would have been bankrupt years ago, and the people that have helped keep them alive are actually the other automakers. The selling of credits has to be the biggest bs scam ever in the auto industry.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2021/11/29/will-regulatory-credits-continue-to-bolster-teslas-profits/?sh=5cba9d1d62d8

#145 2 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

You'd be surprised by the fanboys on Twitter. Many with kids eagerly post how little Hodgie sees one parked and yells to daddy: "LOOK! A TESLA! Daddy millennial or Early Gen Z'er happily posts how proud they are that their kid is only interested in Tesla vehicles.

I have teenagers and have seen that. Tesla is definitely seen as a premium brand and you would be the cool kid to roll up in one at school. No arguing that but that doesn't mean all the cool kids are going to be running to a pin because it has Tesla on backglass. What would you do with Tesla in a pin? Cars make no noise to identify with. You don't go racing in Tesla or modify it. All you do is charge batteries, download software updates, and drive to work or errands.

#146 2 years ago

I thought we were talking about pinball?

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from Firechief:

I bet most people driving Tesla’s think 90% of people want one. Whereas 90% of people that see one think I would never buy a Tesla.

Thats sad for them.It's a Blast to drive.

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Thats sad for them.It's a Blast to drive.

I’ve driven one, other than straight line speed, it doesn’t do much for me. I’d much rather drive a 500 hp ICE paired with a 6 speed, helluva lot more fun IMO.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’ve driven one, other than straight line speed, it doesn’t do much for me. I’d much rather drive a 500 hp ICE paired with a 6 speed, helluva lot more fun IMO.

Ditto. Driven all the Teslas other than the X. Fun when going straight and great acceleration from the line. The future of automobiles, etc. But, I always come back to the 6-speed manual sitting in my garage when I want to enjoy driving through the twisties. And, the sound of the engine... that is part of the enjoyment for me.

#150 2 years ago

The pin has to wait until after the cybertruck and Roadster come out but it would make a great Pin. All 4 of the cyber truck tires are going to turn at any direction so it's going to be able to drive at any angle.It was referred to as a spider walking. Would Be cool if you had to turn the truck around by making certain shots then the back of the truck bed opens up to a ramp shot or mode start.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-would-make-an-awesome-theme/page/3?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.