Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 182 posts
  • 64 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

FB_IMG_1642815111096 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111004 (resized).jpg
    20220108_111010 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    THIS! (resized).jpg
    Tumbleweed .gif
    9BE7D46D-1AB0-4E5A-B67E-BEA09C5F566E (resized).jpeg
    4BC0B757-79DB-41D5-8A06-1630C01C94F5 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1016 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG Bonneville (resized).PNG
    A9F91DAF-C445-466A-8018-7022F4DF5552 (resized).jpeg
    20220114_153305 (resized).jpg
    Coal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpg
    Niagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpg
    There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
    #52 2 years ago

Usual boring Tesla bickering achieved.

#53 2 years ago

This thread needs Calvin peeing on an automobile company logo, stat!!!

#54 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

And an average Tesla would absolutely smoke you (even a hellcat if that's what that is, hard to tell)... A Model S Plaid+ would embarrass you. It's funny you say Tesla doesn't make something that fits your needs then you post a completely average Dodge... LOL What needs do you have? Going slow? LOL
    JUST KIDDING... Hellcats are awesome cars, but you're still limited by throttle response.
    Jeff

Just a loaner from a buddy, my personal car is a touch quicker than his Hellcat.

I can assure a 1970 Plymouth GTX with well in excess of 707 hp will draw a far larger crowd than any Tesla when it pulls up.

Good luck moving 5 pins at once with your Tesla sedan.
    Resized_16421217196444358331467804946705_436800998802393 (resized).jpegResized_16421217196444358331467804946705_436800998802393 (resized).jpeg

1375990_10153321686855716_85837480_n (resized).jpg1375990_10153321686855716_85837480_n (resized).jpg
    #55 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This thread needs Calvin peeing on an automobile company logo, stat!!!

332255EF-0AAD-463C-B699-A9DCBD909BD3 (resized).png332255EF-0AAD-463C-B699-A9DCBD909BD3 (resized).png
    #56 2 years ago

This idea sucks ass.

#57 2 years ago

Yeah if you like cars without heat in the winter lol
    And like waiting 6 weeks just to get a service appointment

#58 2 years ago

I'm a Musk fan so not hating but I think a Tesla machine based on the scientist would be way cooler. Imagine a real tesla coil that arcs off the ball as it rolls around? And of course there would have to be a replica of Wardenclyffe Tower.

#59 2 years ago
    Quoted from BriannaWu:

It would smoke you in a straight line. A few times. Then the battery would overheat and the performance would plummet.

Yeah, that may well become the new automotive thing. Used to be 'how many HP can we squeeze out of this much CID?' ... now it's going to be 'how fast can we discharge this battery without it going boom?' Spoilers and ground effects suddenly become heatsink fins...

#60 2 years ago

Haters gonna hate the new tech. Hell, check out the Stern insider thread.

#61 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Haters gonna hate the new tech. Hell, check out the Stern insider thread.

so true. remember when digital music came out? popular opinion was that the sound quality sucked, it would never catch on. technology ruined the enjoyment of high-fidelity audio.
    well, we're at a completely different place now, save for the true audiophiles that spend thousands on high end audio gear and remasterd LPs in their upholstered listening rooms.

the public moves on after initial resistance to new tech....the old tech gets way more expensive while the new tech marches on.
    just wait 10 years and see how much new gas powered muscle cars cost...if you can even find one.

#62 2 years ago

Ya see, cars are kind of like pinball machines.

#63 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ya see, cars are kind of like pinball machines.

You're saying there is going to be a car bubble?

#64 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

You're saying there is going to be a car bubble?

Just you wait! I sold all my cars and I’m gonna rebuy them for pennies on the dollar when the car bubble bursts next month!! All you suckers will be crying!

#65 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

I'm a Musk fan so not hating but I think a Tesla machine based on the scientist would be way cooler. Imagine a real tesla coil that arcs off the ball as it rolls around? And of course there would have to be a replica of Wardenclyffe Tower.

And Niagara Falls.

Niagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpgNiagara-Falls_ON_Monument_Nikola-Tesla_2015-08-13 (resized).jpg
    #66 2 years ago

Why not do a poll? 3 choices: Which Tesla would make the best pin - the band, the man, or the car.

#67 2 years ago

Is there no originality left in pinball?

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damen:

Is there no originality left in pinball?

No. The odds you get generic machines these days when slapping a license on it automatically draws in a certain crowd are low.

you'll see 50 more superhero pins before you see a generic or original pin from Stern. New companies are the only hope since they may not be in a place to pay for a license.

I want to see a sports theme pin, feels like there aren't any modern ones of those and shooting a goal/basket is always staisfying.

#70 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

the public moves on after initial resistance to new tech....

Not always.

After cassette tapes myself and others were all over CD players when they came out.

#71 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Electric is cheaper than gas, Tesla doesn't make posters, and waiting for batteries to charge is a way to say you don't know what you're talking about without saying you don't know what you're talking about...
    Jeff

We are talking about Tesla as a theme for a pin not the cars themselves. You missed my point entirely and actually made my point by saying Tesla doesn't make posters. Tesla makes great cars but so do Toyota. If you think a Toyota Camry or Prius pin would be a great idea then I don't know what to say.

#72 2 years ago

This feels like Supreme 2.0

#73 2 years ago
    Quoted from Firechief:

I bet most people driving Tesla’s think 90% of people want one. Whereas 90% of people that see one think I would never buy a Tesla.

This right here. I have a couple friends that drool all over Teslas. Most of my other friends could not possible care less. I don’t get it. But we live near Detroit, so maybe that has something to do with it.

#74 2 years ago

If they were to make a Tesla pin would it be battery operated?

#76 2 years ago

#77 2 years ago

It’s weird how polarizing EV’s are. It’s ok to like both ICE and EV’s. They each have their weaknesses.

A Tesla pin that incorporated robots, Teslabots, the boring company tunnels, and SpaceX could be cool. Build the teslas in order to make $ to build the rocket to get to Mars

#78 2 years ago

What a great show. Now that's a theme I'd buy.

The middle out compression scene from Season 1 might has got to be up there with the best comedic writings of all time

For some reason teh quote doesn't want to work, that was about Silicon Valley.

#79 2 years ago

Best thing ever would be if the Tesla pinball machine was the only one to run on gas.

#80 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

It’s weird how polarizing EV’s are. It’s ok to like both ICE and EV’s. They each have their weaknesses.

Yup. I'd be more than happy to use an EV to go to work, but they are not compatible with my non-work activities.

#81 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Yup. I'd be more than happy to use an EV to go to work, but they are not compatible with my non-work activities.

They definitely don’t suit everyone’s needs, but with every new model the capabilities increase.

The new Rivian R1T and F150 look promising.

#82 2 years ago

LMAO....no.

As cars though they are fine.

#83 2 years ago
    Quoted from BriannaWu:

It would smoke you in a straight line. A few times. Then the battery would overheat and the performance would plummet.
    Going fast in a straight line is not the only relevant metric of a high performance car. There is steering feel (Tesla is electronic, which many serious car people dislike), handling, weight, and 1000 other factors.
    One of my favorite Porsches I own is my $6000 Boxster. It's not fast, but it is tossable and light. With the top down on a warm day, it's the best car I own, and it cost a fraction as much as my high performance track toys.
    Again, I have no issue with Tesla - but as it is with pinball, what is "best" depends on who it's for and what they value.

No... It wouldn't... Not in a straight line, not sure why you think that. A Model S Plaid+ does a quarter mile in under 8 seconds...

Also, battery overheating isn't nearly as much of an issue as you're making it out to be in the current iterations of the Model S Plaid+ especially with the updated track mode software.

Now the rest of it, of course I'm not going to argue steering by wire feel and all of that other stuff that makes racing what it is.

Lastly, Tesla as a company we completely agree on as it's a corrupt and shady organization but the cars themselves (yes assuming you get a "good one" off the line) are nothing short of spectacular.

Jeff

#84 2 years ago

Request mods to move this to "Off Topic " forum please.

#85 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

No... It wouldn't... Not in a straight line, not sure why you think that. A Model S Plaid+ does a quarter mile in under 8 seconds...

Stock ones do not run in the 8s.

If you are going to start throwing numbers out for modified cars, skys the limit then.

You may also wish to mention a stock model S plaid starts at a cool $134k.

#86 2 years ago

Neuralink Multiball- a hidden feature....

#87 2 years ago

Tesla the car company? Seriously. They are not even a stable company snd their cars are all ugly.

Now Tesla the band the band would be a killer pin that I would be in on.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Also, battery overheating isn't nearly as much of an issue as you're making it out to be in the current iterations of the Model S Plaid+ especially with the updated track mode software.
    Now the rest of it, of course I'm not going to argue steering by wire feel and all of that other stuff that makes racing what it is.
    Lastly, Tesla as a company we completely agree on as it's a corrupt and shady organization but the cars themselves (yes assuming you get a "good one" off the line) are nothing short of spectacular.
    Jeff

The S Plaid run ~9.3 seconds in the 1/4.

#89 2 years ago

Okay I see this is pointless... Some of you refuse to accept there's nothing like a Model S Plaid Plus on the market today that you can buy at a reasonable cost (in comparison to hyper cars) that will smoke literally anything else out there, period. Oh and it happens to do this with zero emissions...

Sure the company is corrupt and unethical and still can't reliably build cars but to deny the gigantic performance boost you get is just burying your head in the sand.

Jeff

#90 2 years ago
    Quoted from Anony:

Tesla machine based on the scientist would be way cooler

Elon besmirching Nikola's grand name is something I just can never forgive. Stolen Valor.

A Nikola Tesla pinball would be an amazing theme.

#91 2 years ago

Its all Frucked up!

#92 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Okay I see this is pointless... Some of you refuse to accept there's nothing like a Model S Plaid Plus on the market today that you can buy at a reasonable cost (in comparison to hyper cars) that will smoke literally anything else out there, period. Oh and it happens to do this with zero emissions...
    Sure the company is corrupt and unethical and still can't reliably build cars but to deny the gigantic performance boost you get is just burying your head in the sand.
    Jeff

The S Plaid + was cancelled so technically it’s not even on the market.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Oh and it happens to do this with zero emissions...

LOL

Coal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpgCoal-fueled_plant_closes (resized).jpg
    #94 2 years ago

seen em live like 6-7 times, they rock!

#95 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL
    [quoted image]

LOL back at you... As if that's the only way to generate electricity. FFS...

Jeff

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

The S Plaid + was cancelled so technically it’s not even on the market.

I know they canceled the X Plaid +... My bad... I could have swore S Plaid + went to production but I was wrong.

Jeff

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL
    [quoted image]

Also do you REALLY want to go over the emissions to extract oil, refine it, transport it, and burn it??? Or are stupid coal plant cheap shots really all you have? Don't bother answering, I'm done arguing although it's disappointing we still have people post this shit with regards to EVs even in 2022... EVs are going to overtake the entire market whether you want them to or not...

Jeff

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffro01:

Also do you REALLY want to go over the emissions to extract oil, refine it, transport it, and burn it??? Or are stupid coal plant cheap shots really all you have? Don't bother answering, I'm done arguing although it's disappointing we still have people post this shit with regards to EVs even in 2022... EVs are going to overtake the entire market whether you want them to or not...
    Jeff

Sayings it's a zero emission vehicle is false on its face. You are just moving the point of emissions generation.

#99 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

LOL
    [quoted image]

“Coal fueled power plant closes”. Lol

#100 2 years ago

I mean it does matter a bit where you live. Those of us near Niagara falls are getting a lot of electricity without the emissions. But I agree it is kicking the can down the road in a lot of situations.

We need more nuclear power, the fact that "environmentalists" have basically put a stop to the proliferation of nuclear power over ridiculously overblown safety concerns is a huge shame. Everyone should read "Apocalypse never" for some great insight into this.

Even by the standards of the day Chernobyl was a disaster waiting to happen, and Fukushima was built in a location often hit by tsunamis. The panic over potential nuclear disaster is completely overblown. And the fact remains we still burn a shit load of coal to get our electricity.

There are 182 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-would-make-an-awesome-theme/page/2?hl=anony and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.