(Topic ID: 189286)

Tesla II Battletech Cockpit VR Enclosed Simulator Set (12)

By Tesla-II

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by QuietEarp
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Victor1 (resized).jpg
    SOD 037 (resized).JPG
    comstar (resized).jpg
    4 Pod 4 Sale $25K (resized).jpg
    Simulators Group View2.jpg
    CockpitHUDPod.jpg
    02-MultiPhotos.jpg
    05-Doorway.jpg
    04-PodRow1.jpg
    03-PodsRow2.jpg
    10-Replacing MFDs.jpg
    08-TopMFDRowOverMainVRDisplay.jpg
    09-Cockpit Door.jpg
    07-Printer AlienwareServer.jpg
    06-Doorway.jpg
    11 - otherhalf (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Other items - for sale

Tesla II Battletech Cockpit VR Enclosed Simulator Set (12)

Featured Ad

Added: 2017-05-17 22:18:01 UTC • Ended: June 29th, 2017

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 29,955 (Firm)

Price is firm

Item description

Set of 12 Arcade Tesla II Battletech Cockpits – Virtual Reality Cockpit Simulators
    Now Listed On Ebay Arcade Tesla II Cockpit Simulators - More photos
    ebay.com link: ########## [phone number removed]87

Includes a Console computer, a Mission Review computer, HP Printer
    Please note: there are around 8 cockpits that were basically fully functional at the time of relocation. Two units were usually functional, but typically were robbed for some parts to keep the 8 operational. The last two were heavily robbed for parts and will require substantial parts and repair. All 12 have the Flight Safety International C-20 (40” concave mirrors / beam-splitters for VR), enclosure shell, AC isolation transformers, and sliding doors.
    15 orginal Alienware Servers that came with units. Other computers that were used for mission replay and mission printer. A HP Laser printer used for missions. Network cables. Network hub (16 ports).

General Description: The Tesla II Cockpits are fully-enclosed cockpits with multiple screens, joysticks, and rudder. The main display is on top facing down into a C-20 Glass Mountain (now owned by Flight Safety International) beam-splitter / concave mirror unit. The C-20 is still available new by special order and might cost around $5,500 each. Below the main display is a larger display with 10 illuminated push buttons. There are 5 smaller Multi-Functional displays with 8 illuminated push buttons each. Speakers are located in front and rear for surround sound. A joystick is on the right-hand side of the seat, a throttle is on the left hand side of the seat. There are two optical foot-controllers on the floor.
    The technology is Windows 2000 on (15) AlienWare computers from the same timeframe with network cards and graphics cards from the timeframe. The front service cabinet area has doors on the left and right with shelves. The shelves hold a full-size PC, two DC power supplies (various voltages), audio amplifier, a heavy AC Isolation Transformer. There are multiple air circulation fans for the cabinet and cockpit area for air circulation. Some CRT’s displays have been replaced with LED. Some original seats are covered with seat covers or replaced with automobile seats. The front frame is primarily wood covered in a decorative injection mold plastic. The back frame is large curved plastic sitting on a wooden frame. The controller is a custom pre-USB serial proprietary card hardwired to the game of the day, non-compatible with modern systems.

Potential Cockpit Repurposing for modern flight or other simulator software: The cockpit construction included the large high quality mirror and beam splitter. The visual effect is much different and superior to using large monitor, projector, or curved monitor. This method is still used today for single pilot per simulators.
    The curved enclosure with a sliding door greatly adds to the surround sound effect and isolation of the user. A group considering building a realistic simulator that includes curved mirrors, beam-splitters including a frame to hold them might consider using these as the foundation for their project. Fewer of these limited editions remain operational in the original arcade format each year. Simulator or Home Entertainment enthusiast may recognize the opportunity for reuse of the C-20 in a single Pilot Flight Simulator.

General History: In 1990, Tim Disney opened the first tech emporium in Chicago. Modeled loosely on the U.S. military’s SIMNET system of networked training simulators, the Tesla cockpits served as immersive, interactive consoles for both narrative and competitive experiences. The design and construction of around 114 Tesla II units is still recognized as a Virtual Reality achievement.

The C-20 were designed for 20" FLAT CRT monitors. These could be replaced with newer, high-resolution LED or OLED style screens. It would lower the height considerably as the monitors face down (on top of the NIXE display top).

Used, sold As-IS without warranty.
    The C-20 is narrow enough for two to sit side-by-side for a dual pilot sim.

Details of the C-20 are found on Internet and appear to be true.
    Each C-20 collimator system includes:
    High resolution CRT Flat Screen monitor (2 of 12 have LED replacement)
    Commercial grade collimating mirror
    Commercial grade beamsplitter
    Self-contained, motion compatible housing
    Complete assembly and alignment at the factory, ready for immediate installation

Major features include:
    Swing out mirror for access to all major components
    Minimal maintenance requirements allow for maximum utilization
    Multisync monitor will accept most video signals
    Images appear focused at infinity for greater realism
    Ruggedized system is fully motion compatible

The photos are from my camera. Added recent C-20 Glass Mountain. My simple C-20 Concept drawing.

Item photos

12 - Mirror Collimated Display VR (resized).jpg
    C-20 Glass Mountain (resized).jpg
    C-20 Glass Mountain (Flight Safety International) (resized).jpg
    11 - otherhalf (resized).jpg
    06-Doorway.jpg
    07-Printer AlienwareServer.jpg
    09-Cockpit Door.jpg
    08-TopMFDRowOverMainVRDisplay.jpg
    10-Replacing MFDs.jpg
    03-PodsRow2.jpg
    04-PodRow1.jpg
    05-Doorway.jpg
    02-MultiPhotos.jpg
    CockpitHUDPod.jpg
    Simulators Group View2.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Tesla-II's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Tesla-II's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Denver, CO, US

#2 6 years ago

If I hadn't of just bought 2 Lucis for 30k I'd be all over this.

#3 6 years ago

Wow! Good luck with the sale!

#4 6 years ago

Oh I fk'ing hate being poor right now more than at any other time in my life...

#5 6 years ago

Where is the obligatory "wish you were closer" post?

#6 6 years ago

Last known set for sale - photo

It is extremely rare for a set of 8 to come up for sale. This is the last known post of just 4 for sale.
    These units didn't go for t :mrgreen:his amount for a while. Their site claimed they found a buyer later.
    In the mean-time, they were on wheels and probably generated revenue with other pods at conventions.
    Convention photos show people standing in line. Same with a Houston group that travels to conventions.
    See the "Basic Calculations" below for a trade show or convention below.

Of course, only 4 don't work out economically for a public site. I had 2 in my home for a year. It was nice for my middle school son, but with only 2, the excitement just wasn't the same as 4. With 4, it is much, much better.
    People with private bowling alleys and arcades in their homes are known to own 4.
    Things get ten times more exciting with 8 human players. With 10 players, it changes the dynamics way more.

"Basic Calculations"
    Take price of "Mission" at convention price ($3.00, $5.00, $10.00 your estimate)
    1 Mission last 7 minutes (standard). This leaves 2 minutes to load customers (in a group) and 1 minute to exit. (Total 10 Minutes)
    6 Missions per Hour per Pod - Instead of 6 - use 5 if things slow down
    Formula: "price per mission" x Number of Hours x 6 x Number of Pods
    Example: $5.00 x 8 x 6 x 8 = $1,920 This might be good for a 10 hour day at a convention with 8 busy hours.
    Although, charging $10 for a single play and 3 missions for $20 might be possible?

In a location that serves drinks and food, they were constantly generating about the same revenue.
    One problem with arcades only was they didn't capitalize on this.
    But, at a bowling alley with a bar, these took on a completely different dynamic.
    When people bought 5 tickets to get the discount, they might have 5 beers plus food.
    Plus, it makes that bar a destination bar.

4 Pod 4 Sale $25K (resized).jpg4 Pod 4 Sale $25K (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I think it's cool?

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I have no idea what I'm looking at, but I think it's cool?

I don't know about 30K cool though.Last I knew this was a "Pinball site". We tend to bitch at 9K pins.

#9 6 years ago

I grew up in Chicago and we went and played these. At the time, 1992...it was beyond cool, but had no idea what we were doing and all died pretty quickly. Great memory, thanks for the flash back.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Drew13:

I grew up in Chicago and we went and played these. At the time, 1992...it was beyond cool, but had no idea what we were doing and all died pretty quickly

Me too.. Navy pier. They'd also have that tethered virtuality (dactyl nightmare) game setup at baha beach club.

While this is cool, it would only be for nostalgia. For the same amount of money I imagine you could buy some nice PC's, wire in your own custom lighted buttons and foot pedals, and play a much more modern game with better frame rate. Part of the appeal going to battletech was playing complete strangers, picking a username, then getting a print out of how you did. Also the atmophere was really cool, high tech looking walls and desks, fake news reports playing on TV screens everywhere with anchors that dressed futuristic.

#11 6 years ago

Wow, GLWTS. I'm a huge Battletech fan and loved these pods. Still have my score sheets from the last time I got to play them. Super rad.

I was #1 of course.

Had no idea it was based on similar tech to SIMNET, I worked on some compatible tech years ago. +1 to coolness. If my luck ever turns around and I hit the lotto and don't die immediately I'd be all over these.

#12 6 years ago

Are these the ones that were at GenCon in Indy the past few years?

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

Me too.. Navy pier. They'd also have that tethered virtuality (dactyl nightmare) game setup at baha beach club.
    While this is cool, it would only be for nostalgia. For the same amount of money I imagine you could buy some nice PC's, wire in your own custom lighted buttons and foot pedals, and play a much more modern game with better frame rate. Part of the appeal going to battletech was playing complete strangers, picking a username, then getting a print out of how you did. Also the atmophere was really cool, high tech looking walls and desks, fake news reports playing on TV screens everywhere with anchors that dressed futuristic.

Hahaha, holy shite. Great memory man. It was such a big deal to head down to navy pier and wait in line to get your ass handed to you. You are right though, the atmosphere they created was a large part of the experience.

#14 6 years ago

I just noticed your location is Huntley. That's the town I grew up in. Dairy Mart is always on the food list when I come home.

#15 6 years ago

This is worth reading to learn about something extremely costly and unique.
    #RE: I imagine you could buy some nice PC's, wire in your own custom lighted buttons and foot pedals, and play...#
    Nope. The C-20 Virtual Reality mirror and beam-splitter creates an entirely different effect.
    "Hence, stereopsis cannot generate distractive miscues. Glass Mountain Optics (now Flight Safety International), CAE and SEOS Displays, Ltd. make reflective collimated displays and components."
    Yes, stereopsis is a condition of how the eyes fix parallel and the brain actually generates a different reality.
    It is worth the time to learn why a computer screen isn't the same.
    http://www.mikesflightdeck.com/scenery_display/mirror_collimation.html

Now, if the Pod was upgraded with a new LED, computer and so on. If the 2nd monitor was used for the MFDs.
    If a KeyBoard Mapper linked the MFD's buttons to that game's keyboard hotkeys. That game would take on a completely new dimension.
    As an former military sim and avionics engineer, it is fun to watch people's excitement when they experience this. But, they have no idea why it is so ... addictive. The stereopsis induces mental perceptions even a large screen can't. The motion has to be reduced in the game because it will literally get people motion sick. Even with this, some people must leave the door open and put one foot on the running board for stability.

Of course for the larger very expensive high-end, it requires more research. But, the effect for training is huge.
    Really geeky Naval document explaining why the effect is important. These larger mirrors allow pilots to sit side-by-side. But Cost $$$$
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Robert_Batchko/publication/262947742_A_variable-collimation_display_system/links/5730cf0108aed286ca0dc00f/A-variable-collimation-display-system.pdf

It would kind of like saying that a pinball machine could just have a big LED screen with the balls and flippers and it would be the same. For someone who never played pinball or in a real sim, it is difficult to explain the sensation.

If someone wants to consider using these for a prototype of an upgraded game, let me know. I love to talk geek, from experience.

#16 6 years ago

I'd love to see this go 2.0!

GLWS.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Are these the ones that were at GenCon in Indy the past few years?

Not "The ones", but yes. Tim Disney had around 114 of them constructed in the now defunct "Virtual World Entertainment, INC" of Chicago. That company is long gone. A sub-group of three in Delaware leased them out to Dave & Busters.
    D&B began to expand with new venture capital. The Pods were too expensive to make more because of the complex C-20 Virtual Reality full-simulator. So, they basically auctioned them all off. D&B went public. But, Oak Hill Capital Partner acquired them from Wellspring Capital Management. They put out an IPO and raised $94M to make repayments. Ahh, the life of a Carrnie Wall Street style.
    Symbol PLAY - at $19 now trading at $66.

The Pods were purchased by people here and there. I had bid on 4 in Florida on eBay. But, trucking only 4 would have been expensive. There was a hurricane approaching a week out and there where no rental trucks available! A multi-millionaire with a custom arcade behind his mansion bought them. A few went to Japan. Two in Colorado Springs salvage the optics for flight simulators, just last year, 8 more were salvaged for flight simulators. There were three locations that ended up with about 18 each. Michigan, Minnesota, and Texas. They put them on wheels and truck them to conventions. That is probably what you saw and or played.

After considerable research, despite what some people claim, they are pretty much abandoneware like many arcade. It doesn't stop someone from making some claim or making up stories on "interviews" or Wiki. But, after all, isn't that exactly what the purpose of the Internet is for?

#18 6 years ago

back in 1987, my dad worked as a civilian in logistics for DoD, and on "bring your kid to work day" he brought me to a room at the Army Materiel Command Headquarters where they had a bunch of simulator units. they were basically like these things -- huge-ass machines you could get into, and play an immersive video game version of driving a tank or fighter jet in combat. it was incredibly cool for an 11 year old, but i can't even begin to imagine what it cost to custom-develop that kind of technology. these absolutely were not commercial units.

they also had a color printer, which the manager told me was in fact more expensive than the tank simulators, haha. leave it to the military to develop an in-house million-dollar color printer.

#19 6 years ago

8 in Bellevue Washington as well. Found them by accident on the internet, had no idea what they were but sounded interesting. Still haven't made it over there but glad I ran into this thread -- sounds pretty cool, I'm going to get my ass over there before they disappear!

#20 6 years ago

I sold my old Battletech books on ebay last week. Sold half my miniatures too. Other half auction ends tomorrow. Kind of sad, but I am amazed they held value.

Getting in one of these pods would be fucking amazing. Battletech universe is awesome. Now I want a Battletech pinball!

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

back in 1987, my dad worked as a civilian in logistics for DoD, and on "bring your kid to work day" he brought me to a room at the Army Materiel Command Headquarters where they had a bunch of simulator units. they were basically like these things -- huge-ass machines you could get into, and play an immersive video game version of driving a tank or fighter jet in combat. it was incredibly cool for an 11 year old, but i can't even begin to imagine what it cost to custom-develop that kind of technology. these absolutely were not commercial units.
    they also had a color printer, which the manager told me was in fact more expensive than the tank simulators, haha. leave it to the military to develop an in-house million-dollar color printer.

Man that would have been an awesome experience as a kid. I worked on the modern equivalents, but I wasn't given the opportunity to actually use one. Lucky younger you. I'm jealous.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

8 in Bellevue Washington as well. Found them by accident on the internet, had no idea what they were but sounded interesting. Still haven't made it over there but glad I ran into this thread -- sounds pretty cool, I'm going to get my ass over there before they disappear!

Didn't seem to post last time.
    If you are talking about the 8 Pods at The Airlock in Kirkland, WA, they are gone!
    They had a big player base with regulars. But, it was a surprise to everyone, they were gone and sold without notice.
    Rumor is they are in private arcade in a well-to-do neighborhood. For the collection of 'kid' that has everything.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tesla-II:

Didn't seem to post last time.
    If you are talking about the 8 Pods at The Airlock in Kirkland, WA, they are gone!
    They had a big player base with regulars. But, it was a surprise to everyone, they were gone and sold without notice.
    Rumor is they are in private arcade in a well-to-do neighborhood. For the collection of 'kid' that has everything.

Whhhhat? I missed them? Dang it! Website is still up, thought I had a shot. Bummer

#24 6 years ago

Had a chance to play in a set of Tesla's when they put at set in at Sports Plus in NY, back when it was open. They were everything I imagined they could be. I was blown away when I saw that all the MFD sub-panels were actually integrated into the game, were completely functional, and even programmable by the user.

These things are a level of awesome that most of us will never see again in the arcade realm.

If only I had a winning lotto ticket around here somewhere.......

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Whhhhat? I missed them? Dang it! Website is still up, thought I had a shot. Bummer

Quoted from Mbecker:

Damn rich kids, they're not even old enough to know Battletech.

#26 6 years ago

These are indeed similar to the ones that appear at Origins, GenCon, DragonCon and so on.

Some of the history presented by the seller is a bit off.

I'm not sure who he refers to with his statement "It doesn't stop someone from making some claim or making up stories on "interviews" or Wiki", but I can assure you that the cockpit owner community is very active and has made great progress on the continuation of the Tesla platform.

I can say that because I own the company and have maintained its rights since buying the company in 2005.

I sure hope any potential buyers would perform appropriate due diligence and reach out to the fairly active Tesla owners community to understand more about these cockpits this person is selling.

Also, the rights to use the BattleTech software would not be included in the sale as the seller does not have licensing transfer rights.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from PropWash:

These are indeed similar to the ones that appear at Origins, GenCon, DragonCon and so on.
    Some of the history presented by the seller is a bit off.
    I'm not sure who he refers to with his statement "It doesn't stop someone from making some claim or making up stories on "interviews" or Wiki", but I can assure you that the cockpit owner community is very active and has made great progress on the continuation of the Tesla platform.
    I can say that because I own the company and have maintained its rights since buying the company in 2005.
    I sure hope any potential buyers would perform appropriate due diligence and reach out to the fairly active Tesla owners community to understand more about these cockpits this person is selling.
    Also, the rights to use the BattleTech software would not be included in the sale as the seller does not have licensing transfer rights.

One dude creates an account just to try to sell these super expensive non-pinball games here and another dude creates an account to sh*t on his for sale thread.

Only on pinside

#28 6 years ago

I earned that.

As a long time pinside lurker and arcade collector here in West Michigan, I felt some obligation to shed some light on the community that I am a part of.

The BattleTech cockpit owner community is quite vibrant and active and the software is a far cry from abandonware.

In fact, any cockpit owner in good standing could enjoy the fruits of our collective labor including a software update in it's final stages of a beta test, as well as new hardware modernization that replaces the existing CRT monitors with custom manufactured LCD screens and associated mounting hardware.

Members of our community have also created a modernized cockpit friendly next PC that takes the software performance to all new levels.

It's a pretty tight knit group.

#29 6 years ago

Someone in Denver buy these and put them on location please !! ?

#30 6 years ago

Are you guys ComStar? :O

comstar (resized).jpgcomstar (resized).jpg

Quoted from PropWash:

I earned that.
    As a long time pinside lurker and arcade collector here in West Michigan, I felt some obligation to shed some light on the community that I am a part of.
    The BattleTech cockpit owner community is quite vibrant and active and the software is a far cry from abandonware.
    In fact, any cockpit owner in good standing could enjoy the fruits of our collective labor including a software update in it's final stages of a beta test, as well as new hardware modernization that replaces the existing CRT monitors with custom manufactured LCD screens and associated mounting hardware.
    Members of our community have also created a modernized cockpit friendly next PC that takes the software performance to all new levels.
    It's a pretty tight knit group.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jinroh:

Are you guys ComStar? :O

Kurita.

#32 6 years ago

Some of these were at HAAG in Houston a few years ago. They were awesome!

#33 6 years ago

so how do these work?? If you only have one- is it internet connected to play missions with others? Is it about dogfighting or co-op? Do they move around at all or is it all stationary? Where do I go to learn more? I am intrigued... not 30k intrigued but I'd love to try them out somewhere.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

so how do these work?? If you only have one- is it internet connected to play missions with others? Is it about dogfighting or co-op? Do they move around at all or is it all stationary? Where do I go to learn more? I am intrigued... not 30k intrigued but I'd love to try them out somewhere.

Stationary, and as-built they were set up with 4-12 at an arcade, all linked to each other. They didn't support single cockpit play, had to be connected to the central hub PC that linked them all together. The game(s) were ONLY used in these cockpits. Remember it was early 90's, so internet gaming was still very kludgy and basic. LAN parties were the thing for multiplayer back then. Or you could do PBEM, or direct IP to IP on some games.

The battletech game I always played was an open free-for-all arena.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

early 90's, so internet gaming was still very kludgy

Hey! Nothing was kludgy about QuakeWorld!

#37 6 years ago

Wow that first video is dated LOL!!! So this is mech warrior in a pod --ok, I totally was not getting that I thought it was a jet fighter game.

Is red planet something different from the mech warrior theme?

Be cool to try this with all the updated software/graphics that seem to be available from the right knit pod group.

#38 6 years ago

Red Planet was another game played in the same pods.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from PropWash:

In fact, any cockpit owner in good standing could enjoy the fruits of our collective labor

Is there a renegade group of cockpit owners not in "good standing?"

I'm imagining them holding monthly meetings in an abandoned Circuit City somewhere. And I want to party with them.

#40 6 years ago

Anyone want to buy these for me? I'll refurbish them and bring them to shows.

#41 6 years ago

What size truck would be needed to get these all moved? Do you happen to have a shipping company you work with already that would quote me a cost? I'm looking to take them to tampa..

#42 6 years ago

Just came across this thread. This brings back memories. I loved playing Battletech at Navy Pier back in the 90's!

#43 6 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Just came across this thread. This brings back memories. I loved playing Battletech at Navy Pier back in the 90's!

We have running pods in Grand Rapids, MI, just across the lake

#44 6 years ago

As a BattleTech cockpit owner since 1999 (owned 3 variations of them before I bought the company), I'd advise any potential owner to make sure you see them in operation before any commitment.

Also, unlike most arcade machines, these are meant to be attendant driven and require a separate software license, as the license to run BattleTech or Red Planet does not transfer with the hardware.

I suggest reaching out to existing cockpit owners at The Fallout Shelter in MN, Bigs Kidz Games, in MI, or MechCorps, in TX to learn about cockpit ownership, they are all pretty good people and fairly accessible.

There is a very active private Cockpit Owner Group on FaceBook that has 32 members. I think all current owners, minus the seller who started this thread, are active there. If you are a serious buyer, I could connect you to that group to get more information.

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Is there a renegade group of cockpit owners not in "good standing?"
    I'm imagining them holding monthly meetings in an abandoned Circuit City somewhere. And I want to party with them.

LMAO! Best post I've read all week. Thanks for that.

#46 6 years ago

I would be a serious potential buyer if my above question would be answered.. and I would love to understand your licensing on the software.. either way..

Weight per machine? Approx 600lbs?, Size per unit in sqft? Just gauging the size truck I would need and approximate creating cost from current location to the Central Florida area.

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shdwknt:

I would be a serious potential buyer if my above question would be answered.. and I would love to understand your licensing on the software.. either way..
    Weight per machine? Approx 600lbs?, Size per unit in sqft? Just gauging the size truck I would need and approximate creating cost from current location to the Central Florida area.

I'll let the seller answer your specific questions on his cockpits.

As far as licensing goes, VWE can issue a software license at a low to no-charge with a signed license agreement. That agreement creates some limitations on what you can do with the cockpits if you want to run the official software. IE: You CAN run them for-profit royalty free and use BattleTech and Red Planet imagry for promotional purposes, but you must keep all of the original branding intact on the pods themselves, and you cant "technically" reverse engineer the electronics without permission while under license. That said, we do support tinkering for the purpose of extending the functional life of the cockpits, we just dont allow re-engineering for the purpose of creating a new product.

In general, we can fit 6-7 on a single 26 foot straight truck if standing up and they are about 900lbs each. Moving them and assembly is a HUGE endeavor.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from PropWash:

So you're the PPS/Rick of Battletech? Awesome.

#49 6 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

So you're the PPS/Rick of Battletech? Awesome.

Hardly

#50 6 years ago

SOD 037 (resized).JPGSOD 037 (resized).JPG

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-ii-battletech-cockpit-vr-enclosed-simulator-set-12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.