IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 4 years ago

Lost me till he said 39k. Interesting no doubt.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It strikes me as a planned 'accident' to get more publicity. It certainly got more media coverage because of it.

Agreed. And I highly doubt a buyer would even care if it would stop a bullet. Poor presenter but he does know how to drive a marketing frenzy.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

'Armour glass' windows on new Tesla Cybertruck

This was either an intentional publicity stunt or an epic FAIL. Which do you think it was?

He has you promoting it so I’m going with publicity stunt.

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Are you sure??
PS a friend (different one from the Aztec post above) had a Gremlin in high school. We razzed him like crazy, but he said his girlfriend loved the view from the hatchback window when they went parking. They’ve been married 29 years now![quoted image]

Hey be nice to AMC’s lol. Not for everyone but oddly I have yet to attend a car show with my 1970 Gremlin and not win. 70k miles purchased off a California movie lot. Not a Tesla but it still looks new. I’ll bet the Cyber truck doesn’t have Levi interior either! Lol

F9F358C2-6318-4DEA-B9F6-93244B155E70 (resized).jpegF9F358C2-6318-4DEA-B9F6-93244B155E70 (resized).jpeg
#118 4 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

I love it! Great photo. My friend’s Gremlin was silver with black striping and interior. We had a field day when in Terminator they grabbed the Gremlin to escape from Arnie S. in the police station instead of taking one of the Ford LTDs. He bragged like crazy that he owned one and it made it into the movie.
Me, I had the super-cool 1973 Datsun LB 1200 Deluxe 2 door 4-speed in metallic green. Those were good times. It even had a radio!
All way off topic with Mr. Musk’s pickup. But really nice to reflect.

Thanks. Oddly enough I got it off a movie lot in CA last used in the movie Blow with Johnny Dep lol. Certainly had an easy life. Makes me appreciate power windows and air conditioning every time I get in.

173 (resized).jpeg173 (resized).jpeg
#135 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Im sure this is a joke to get attention.
No such thing as bad Publicity.
The final truck design will change.
It still Needs front lights, side mirrors and alot of other required safety features not seen yet.
And there is no such thing as bullet proof. Just bullet resistant. So im sure the window stunt was just another joke to get more attention.

There were blinding front lights on the truck if you watch the video and it’s also very possible in Tesla form that they will use cameras for side mirrors and rear view mirror via the shown dash display screen. Yes it will change but I wouldn’t Assume if it’s not made like every car the way we know it it’s wrong. Just a thought.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The real question, will the tonneau cover close if a machine is put in back-end first? It looks like there is enough height at the end of the bed.

Not sure about that but how many trucks can you load and actually Play your pin in the back! Lol 120 and 220v!

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Anyone else finding that after viewing videos and pictures of Cybertruck for the last day or so that now "normal" trucks all look hideously overstyled and antiquidated? I'm not even kidding. This shape really grows on you. I'm just sad we have to wait 2+ years to see them on the road.

Agreed. All the voices against different will always come on strong to fight change. Definitely not a truck the way most would envision it but not necessarily wrong. The Hummer had the same response until everyone had to have one lol. Never personally understood the mega cab trucks with a 4 foot bed. Why not just get a car?

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against Tesla products but do have a problem with super Tesla fanboys who think everything not Tesla is crap. Tesla is an interesting variation on the car/truck but 99% of people still prefer traditional cars/trucks.
Ford sells as many F150 trucks in one year as Tesla has ever built combined.
And as for self driving there are other manufacturers are right there with Tesla. No one has perfected it yet.

Fair enough (not a fan or owner) but I don’t think market volume defines one is better then the other? I think 99% of people can’t Justify a 90k Model S personally. If the Model S cost the same as a Taurus I suspect the market numbers would be much different. Same way a 129$ Rolex would have a different market share against Timex.

#223 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just googled "can you buy tesla parts at a dealership?" after a couple other failed attempts using different words and came up with nothing.
What a joke.
Where do you get parts if you need them? And where will you get them in the future?

What part are you looking for? Think that’s the point, you don’t Need an auto parts store every block to maintain one. Change and innovation isn’t for everyone no doubt but crapping on anyone or anything that does progress seems odd. I hate nursing old EM pinball machines but I certainly don’t spend my day in the EM thread telling everyone they are fools for liking them? As your clearly not interested in the company or product I question what your interest is in this thread?

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Keep the dirt somewhere else, what’s clean about your Tesla’s charge? Where did it come from? Perhaps from power plant fueled by coal.

As fuel for both technologies starts from a plant somewhere (unless gas flows out of the ground now) are you saying the current gas vehicle design is Better then these new technologies or is it just a personal dislike of Tesla? Love or hate it at least these new technologies are heading in a better (not perfect) direction.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Ford has some good stuff coming real soon.

Awesome, I hope All manufacturer’s advance forward for environment, safety, and reliability. Love our Ford Flex but not the most reliable or cost effective vehicle we ever owned.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I mean then why even enter this market? Isn’t the point of why Tesla has been allowed to lose billions of dollars for > 15 years has been that it will take over the auto market and displace the current players? That’s why they released the model 3 right? A mass market car to sell in large volume as opposed to the niche luxury vehicles they had made before. So they create a truck; trucks being the highest margin vehicle and one of the few that makes money for traditional American carmakers. But instead of making a more traditional style that may convert ICE truck owners to EV owners and grab lots of market share, they’re back to niche luxury versions? Makes no sense.
Right now Tesla has more announced future designs than cars in production.
Model Y, semi, new roadster, cybertruck. They’re really good at rolling out prototypes and doing a pony show. But I still don’t see a sound business strategy or improving margins. All I see is collecting more preorder money. Of those cars the Y is the best bet because it should share a platform with the 3 and should improve margins. But it’s taking them forever to ramp up and execute in the kind of volume they should be doing based on how long they’ve been in business.

My only view of Why Tesla takes on these challenges and even losses is to Push the automakers to finally Do something! Lets be honest pre-Tesla the oil companys and big three never gave a crap about any green, efficient, or innovative products. Seems if anything Tesla is Making them move forward hence the open technology they built from. For years I drove a goofy Honda Insight Gen 1 averaging 71 miles per gallon (mostly highway but real life average) and wondered why only Honda could build a commuter that didn't drain the planet?? That car ran 230k and I bet I changed the oil 10 times lol. Glad to see the US builders creating again even if forced!

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Wait so the point of Tesla is to ... make other car companies successful? Naw dawg, the Occam’s razor on this one is Tesla has a petulant CEO and poor corporate governance; the CEO wanted a space truck from mars which makes no sense in the truck market... but because the board is packed with sychophants, no one could tell Musk that his cybertruck is a dumb idea and won’t make the company money.

You win. Musk is bad and all the company does is wrong. Totally makes sense.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wasn't this thread for all pinsiders to discuss how ugly they thought this piece of shit is? Or how beautiful and groundbreaking it is?
I had no idea it was a tesla fanboy only thread.

No your right. We need to know at least 40 more times that you do not like it. Lol That would be very helpful.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And others can tell us 50 more times how we are missing out and not seeing the real beauty of it.

Typically the only US are those interested in a product or service others with no interest typically just roll their eyes and move on. But I can see how staying the coarse to tell them how stupid they are and how their opinion is completely wrong would help. Always a proven and valuable contribution no doubt. Carry on.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Typically, when someone gives an alternate opinion on pinside that does not reinforce their views, they are called trolls and told to get lost.

Sometimes but 30 plus posts in a topic of no interest typically brings a question of value. Lol

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Chrysler is crap. I won't buy another for they don't support their customers.
I'm biased for a reason:
Brand new 2000 Dodge Dakota bought from the

dealer off the lot. Chrysler finance.
1yr later; the truck starts dumping water on the driveway.
Take to dealer who I bought it from. They come back and tell me it's going to be like $600 to fix it. I'm like WTF; why isn't this covered under bumper to bumper warranty. They claim it's normal wear and tear. (prices are fuzzy / not exact / from 20 yrs ago)
I go get the truck. They show me the truck is leaking from the top of the engine - specifically the thermostat. I'm like: why isn't that covered; because the gasket is considered normal wear and tear item. I'm like; how can it be normal wear and tear when the damn gasket is MISSING? They just shrug and tell me effectively "tough sh1t". I pay the $200 or whatever diag fee was to get the truck back.
I drive to autozone. $3 for a gasket. $3 for gasket sealer goup. Two top bolts. Fixed. Took me 10min to install including refilling the water lost.
Why the tech couldn't do this when he was "diagnosing" the problem I don't know.
Chrysler customer service says:
"We empower our dealers to make decisions." or some such bullsh1t.
No apology. No effort to "make it right" for an obvious manufacturing defect.
The lost a customer for life that day. It's for that reason; I don't take my vehicles to ANY DEALER unless it's for a recall or a free included oil change.

While not funny I sadly had the same luck with Dodge. Just a horrible company. Some time ago I bought a Dodge Magnum RT Hemi and no exaggeration if you took your hand off the wheel it would Dart to the right full on like you were making a turn. Several dealer visits and alignments finally communicated with corporate and No Joke they sent me to a Ford service center??? I asked "why would you send me there" and they responded because they could figure it out. After a long wait the Ford dealer brought me in and showed me that the front wheels were offset front to back by over 2"?? Said there is no fixing that its a design flaw. Sold that crap with 35k miles the same week. Dodge dealer said all cars do that its the arch of the road. Yeah right never had a car that did that...

#423 4 years ago

They sent me to the Ford Dealer on Roosevelt road in Wheaton Glenn Ellen. I believe they have since closed and its a food area now though. Really a smart bunch of guys working there. In its simplest form he stuck his hand between the wheel and fender and his whole hand fit, on the other side he got 3 fingers or less in lol. He said they Know about this issue and no alignment is going to fix it. He believes they kept skewing the front carriage to keep it from pulling right which is why I went through a set of tires (1200$) in less then 12k miles. Taped out never another Dodge. Ford and Honda for me and done.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

That was Packey Webb-they moved to Downers Grove into the old Joe Madden Ford building (used to be where I worked until Ford closed that store), and then built a new store a little further east on Ogden Ave.
Did you buy it new? It was never wrecked? Poor manufacturing of Chrysler's part if it left the factory that way.....amazing.... Quality wasn't job one there....

That was the place! Nope bought that car Brand new 2 miles on it off the dealer lot in Schaumburg. Never an accident not even a rough speed bump. That car and design was a fail from the start. Only 2 Weeks after we got it our driveway is Maybe a 1 degree slope I woke up and Three times it was literally in the street??? Asked my wife whats up and she said no I parked it were we always park. Put it in park (automatic trans) and thats it. Dealer said its Normal and you have to use the parking brake when its parked. OK?? That reply from the dealer is when Mopar sent me to Ford to fix the car... Have a Ford Flex Eco now and have yet to have it roll away or self park on the sidewalk while driving.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I had a Dodge Magnum RT 2005......by 2008 most things were breaking on it, things someone wouldn't think would break. Allow me to aloborate, 1st design flaw, the shroud under the car got ripped off the 1 st week (parking stop ). 2nd .. The main knob on the GPS fell off one day, dealer replaced the whole unit. The battery is in the trunk ( better weight distribution ), yet has an electric trunk latch. The battery dies, you cant get to the battery. I had to Youtube a video , crawl through the car, pull a plastic part off the back, then pull on a hidden steel wire with a pair of needlenose pliers to release the trunk to get to the battery. Then the Oxygen sensor , GPS craps out one last time, then the Motor mounts , then all of the control arms ( who knew there was 16 of them ). Cigarette lighter stopped working, stupid shit like this. The list goes on and on ( I counted 76 things broken ). I paid over 40K when new, traded it in 2010 , worth 4K, yet needed 6 grand worth of repairs. Real nice.

LOLOL. No joke I had Every one of those things happen on the Same year car! My favorite was a simple six inch snow fall in Chicago (fairly common) and the Entire front shroud and clip ripped off like cardboard up to the headlights. That fricken car was Possessed!!! Battery in trunk and NO spare tire! lol

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Not defending Chrysler.
On a 2005 and later years, there is a positive terminal in the engine bay. A little red cap covers the positive post. One has to use a boost pack or jumper cables. Positive on the post, Negative to a ground location. This will put power to the car. Enough to open all power locks and the tailgate. Some times the car will start, but most times the boost source has to be attached to the battery connections.

Fair enough but I kept my boost cables in the rear hatch lol. I don’t hate on all Chrysler vehicles but the Magnum RT was a complete Fail from day one till they finally put a fork in that product.

1 year later
#449 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

You do realize that vehicles with remote batteries have jumper leads under the hood?

His post is over a Year old. Does it matter now??

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im very interested too and have my deposit down, but as a Tesla owner, I would hate to get the first ones that come out, they are not going to be very "well " made. I also have deposit for Hummer EV. GM I believe will make a better more bullet proof vehicle. Decisions..decisions...
If the cybertruck truly is going t o be amphibian no way would I trust a Tesla in the middle of a lake or something

Amphibian?? Hmmm, a 375v car in water. Yeah doesn't sound wise.

1 month later
#458 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Thanks for keeping this thread alive! As someone who has $100 down, I keep wondering about status updates!
Do you have a down-payment as well?

Thats an interesting purchase lol. When you go big you go BIG! lol

2 months later
#497 2 years ago

I am all in owning a Tesla but I must say after spending the week at the Rivian Plant in Bloomington Normal IL this week they are on the right track to kick some butt in the EL market. Their SUV is absolutely beautiful inside out. Robot cells are almost done and millions in orders are already set for a huge launch. While a client I am keeping my eye on this company.

https://rivian.com

#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought they had a huge lawsuit going on with Tesla, supposedly Rivian stole a lot of information from them. I dont know what that means long term

Think that was a different company and ended as I last recall. Rivian is backed by US automakers and Amazon money.

2 months later
#528 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

no dealer network... then where do you go to get the bullet proof glass replaced ???
oh I found out from owners of Tesla cars for sale.
Two Teslas in Michigan both needed bodywork, one then had suspension damage went off the road from black ice.
they had to go to an approved center, A Ferrari dealer, in West Bloomfield expen$ive

That’s odd. If I ever have an issue with our Tesla I hit a button on my phone app and they come to my work or home and fix it. Simple enough.

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What is their hourly rate in the Chicago and Boise areas? Is there any service or mileage charge to drive out to you?

I’ve never been charged.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I dont know how that will work like the guy who had damaged suspension. you can't do a front end alignment in your garage.

Nope, for that I would simply go to one of the Tesla service centers in my area.

3 months later
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I would suggest mainstream options Ford F-150. GM with E -Silverado and E-Hummer.
Tesla has no dealer network and very few repair centers in Michigan, so why buy a truck that has no history little support, and many delays.
And then there is Rivian.

No history. Lol. Yeah because GM and Hummers have a huge history in the EV market and technology infrastructure lol. A Trillion Dollar Tesla has so much to learn from Hummer.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

No, it’s not true. Insurance is comparable to any regular ICE car. Ours is <$150 for 2 vehicles (one is a model y perf) with very good coverage.

Same. In fact I think ours went down a bit when we added the performance Y.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 18.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yelobird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck?tu=yelobird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.