IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#51 4 years ago

I put 100.00 towards one. I wanted an electric pick up, I was going to wait for Rivian, but that looks so plain compared to this! Bring it on Tron!

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Why put down $100 when you can just buy it when it's available?

Have you ever bought a Tesla before? Once you order it can take months, months to get it made. Months! Luckily when I ordered my Model X they had one come off the assembly line with my exact specs but the buyer cancelled so I got my X within 1 month. That would not be the norm.

#66 4 years ago

That ATV better be included for free.

#197 4 years ago

Can’t wait to get it ., 500 mile range , Superchargers , atv thAt charges in the back , roomy interior , self driving .. no more fumes ! I hate fumes as soon as I get this our Tahoe
Is going . That thing stinks up my garage in less then 5 seconds . I hope it has same filter as model x

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fumes. Like the way this ugly POS has been stinking up the automotive world for the last few days.

140,000 orders in 2 days ? Other people beg to differ

#200 4 years ago

I already have my outfit ready. Although it might be hard going to Taco Bell drive thru and ordering with this on
822BC3D2-31EF-43DE-A090-45731328C824 (resized).jpeg822BC3D2-31EF-43DE-A090-45731328C824 (resized).jpeg

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

I would love to know what % of these convert to real sales. Doubt it’s even 10%. I knew lots of people who reserved a 3 for $1k and never converted.
Elon has a history of showing mostly dog and pony show stuff that isn’t real or even close to prime time. See: solar roof that wasn’t even functional at the first demo, and is still mostly vaporware. He often shows these things to bump stock price or raise preorder revenue to distract from fundamentals of the business. Remember the Tesla Y? The “SUV”? Not going to even go into production until late 2020 or early 2021 ... but Elon will gladly take $2500 from you now for a hamburger tomorrow. Or $100 for something even further out.

YeAh I don’t know all I know is Tesla has taken very good care of me and my x, wish I could say same about my piece of crap BMW X5 lease I had . Worse experience ever. I will never buy a German made car ever again

#260 4 years ago

LAtest update claims 200,000 deposits. Show
Me the money tsla!

#268 4 years ago

Need a nice vase and flowers to go with that marble looking front dash piece

#280 4 years ago

Man tough decision silver metal or the matte black .. that black does look pretty bad ass

#366 4 years ago

There are a few downsides to owning Tesla. One would think Tesla owners would be neat freaks but thats not the case. Some of these superchargers are just plain filthy. Cups, napkins, bags, I haven't looked closely but I would bethca there are some dirty condoms . No respect.. shame.

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Gas stations and truck stops are so pristine

Touche.

#371 4 years ago

I haven't ridden an ATV in like 30 years, but shit, Im going to buy it just as an accessory. I hope they make a helicopter too that would be awesome.

#382 4 years ago

250,000+ preorders.

1 year later
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

You've always had good taste.
[quoted image]

Im very interested too and have my deposit down, but as a Tesla owner, I would hate to get the first ones that come out, they are not going to be very "well " made. I also have deposit for Hummer EV. GM I believe will make a better more bullet proof vehicle. Decisions..decisions...

If the cybertruck truly is going t o be amphibian no way would I trust a Tesla in the middle of a lake or something

3 months later
#490 2 years ago

Man tough choice, I put deposit for cyber truck and hummer EV. I may just go for Hummer EV. GM cars feel really spacious and my dealer always did a good job with any issues. Plus it looks cool.

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from starsky178:

I also have that deposit on cyber. Love that look on the hummer. I just think they came to the party late and the hummer will have a few bigger and larger bumps in the road as the Mustang E is having already.

Oh really? What are the Mustang issues? I have an X and keep thinking about trading it in for a mustang or a new x, X is ok. It hurts my neck a lot because of stiff ride.

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from starsky178:

Battery and software issues. I have the 3 which the wife uses , was think9ng of getting the new X which improved the handling and new battery setup. Wife thinking of trying the Y instead and selling the 3

I think I may get a new X too, but not sure. I have a 2016 90D. The best man, I tell you, is when they gave me a loaner. It was a 90D X loaner. It had the old perforated leather seats so I think it must have been a 2017 or 2018 model. It was the best car I ever drove. It was smooth, no bumps, quiet, and so comfortable, the seats were like extra padded and so soft. I wish I had just traded in my 2016 for that used demo car. I think ordering a Tesla is hit or miss, sometimes good car, sometimes bad, its like rolling the dice.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I am all in owning a Tesla but I must say after spending the week at the Rivian Plant in Bloomington Normal IL this week they are on the right track to kick some butt in the EL market. Their SUV is absolutely beautiful inside out. Robot cells are almost done and millions in orders are already set for a huge launch. While a client I am keeping my eye on this company.
https://rivian.com

I thought they had a huge lawsuit going on with Tesla, supposedly Rivian stole a lot of information from them. I dont know what that means long term

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Think that was a different company and ended as I last recall. Rivian is backed by US automakers and Amazon money.

I keep going back and fourth , back and fourth. Theres really on three big options for SUV, cybertruck, Hummer or rivian. Tough choice for me to be honest. I had great experience with Tesla, but their cars arent exactly the best made, I love GM cars, they feel more solid, Rivian is obviously new no previous experience.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You do realize that all three of those options have long sold out their pre-orders and it will be years before you can take possession of any of them, right?
You might as well wait and see them in person, get the early reviews at this point.

I have deposit for Cybertruck, yes that will take years before I ever see one. I am #7 on the list for the Hummer EV at my local dealer, they said there is a good chance I will get it, I hope this Summer/Fall. Rivian who knows.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah well then, you're good!

I just hope looks arent deceiving and I can actually fit comfortably in the Hummer. Sometimes when I see the videos it looks tiny, but lets see what happens!

#513 2 years ago

I would love to go with cybertruck but I’m tired of taking my current x into the service center for repairs I mean every couple months something breaks . Same will happen with the truck

1 year later
#933 1 year ago

Definitely in for a Cyber truck whenever it comes out. I was going to jump on a Hummer EV but local dealer wants 350k!!! Hahaha. Im like no thanks, will either get a rolls royce or Mclaren instead or wait for Cybertruck with no price gouging

5 months later
#986 1 year ago

I really wanted a Hummer EV, but the mark ups on those things are ridiculous. Cant find one less than 170-200 k. So I will wait for cybertruck
In mean time ordered a X Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 sounds fun.

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

you think cybertrucks will be selling for sticker when/if they are produced? Last I read, Elon, was promising next fall to be in production. Ans what will be the actual price?

Tesla always sells at whatever price they say, there is no markup
You order through them, thats the price you are going to pay. No middleman
Im sure its not going to be the price we all thought 3 years ago, but Im sure its not going to be 170-200k which is a 80k markup from MSRP!

3 weeks later
#992 1 year ago

Got my plaid x not a single delivery issue . Fast as crap my eyeballs almost fell out first time I drove it.
Comfortable, quiet and smooth so far it’ll do until cybertruck comes

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

How do you like the yoke steering wheel? That’s the one thing I’m worried about if I get my Cyber Truck.

Its awesome, I love it. If for some reason you dont, you can easily find third party attachments that make it like a regular steering wheel.
Yoke is fun to hang on to when I drive fast... its like "ohhh shiittt!" as you hang on for life.

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lol I did not know there are the 3rd party attachments . Ok, maybe I’ll take a look…

yeah you wont need it trust me, just enjoy the yoke.

1 month later
#1004 1 year ago

Well after some time with my 2023 Plaid X I can tell you.. I hate it.

I had a 2016 X which was working really well, nothing really wrong with it and was suckered by Tesla to trade it in for a 2023.
Its rough, its bumpy, seats are narrow and uncomfortable and noisy as shit on the highway.

I hate it and have buyers remorse. I really wish I had kept the 2016 or went to the Escalade V instead.

Oh well, live and learn! No more Tesla for me.

1 month later
#1014 1 year ago

Man Im so pissed off with Tesla. I buy the car, few weeks later the price is reduced nearly 20k, then they start releasing all new updates every week.. larger rear screen, better glass, red break calipers, new paint options
Im done w/ them , feels like a scam.

#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

I used to date a girl from Milford, why are there a bunch of hot chicks in that location?

1 month later
#1026 12 months ago

Well I finally too my Plaid X into the service center and complained and chewed their ear off. They fixed about 90% of my issues. The car is much quieter, smoother and comfortable. I wish seats had more padding and the steering yoke came out towards me more, but its better.
I drove one hour to the service center. they gave me a bunch of uber credits to go eat, go to the mall etc, go watch a movie until the car was done
they took good care of me,
lets see what happens!

#1031 12 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I hope your experience improves. I sold my model s and got a ford lightning. Man I miss my model s. Ugh.

whats wrong with lightning ?Just bigger?
what about self driving? does it have it? Its is quieter and roomier?

#1033 12 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It has a “self driving” roughy equivalent to autopilot. But TONS of nags. Eyes on the road, touching the radio too much, hands on wheel, really annoying. The biggest annoyance is that when traffic comes to a complete stop, it will start going again UNLESS the stop is longer than three seconds. What the heck is that?!! When do I ever stop for less than three seconds? So it’s basically useless for stop and go, which is the main purpose imo.
Yes, I think it’s just the f-150 form factor I’m hating. Not the ev-ness. The ev factor makes it more tolerable for sure.
I got the platinum and that’s another sore point for me. Due to “part shortages” they took away a lot of what I consider as basic upgrades that are normally included in the platinum. No massage seats, not heated wheel (really?!). And they gave me a $300 credit for it all. And they said they’d let me know when the parts become available … think they’ll only charge me $300 to put them back in?! Laughable. I had to bitch at them to get a $200 bedliner put in on a truck the price of a small house. Soooo yeah. I’m over this thing, sadly. I wanted to love it.

No heating steering wheel? What about the seats are they heated?

3 weeks later
#1059 11 months ago

I must say my 2023 X plaid has been driving much better than when I first got it, actually Im impressed
may still go after cybertruck for my wife!

#1061 11 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

DONT FOPRGET to order the BULLETPROOF GLASS

heck yeah man, thats a must if Im going to be driving around like mad max.

#1064 11 months ago

Bulletproof or no bulletproof, some old lady walks near my car, with the press of a button my car can make a fart noise!

3 months later
#1088 7 months ago

I hate my Tesla, wish I never bought it. Never buying another one again
Piece of crap cars.

1 week later
#1100 7 months ago

Does anyone have a Hummer EV and can comment on it?? I have one locally I was thinking about getting ,but they wont let me test drive it! haha!

#1114 7 months ago

Im never buying a Tesla again after this price drop. Spent 150k on the model X, only for it to be dropped by 50K in just couple months. Will I get any refund back.. no! Ridiculous. It depreciated so fast, and the deceptive way they kept pestering me to trade in ridiculous. Never again, so Im looking at a Hummer instead. Only problem is most dealers want 25k over msrp! Also ridiculous! Might as well get a moped instead.
I tried out this Lyriq, but I felt it was really tight for me, Im 6'2" and 240 lbs, not enough leg room
Might go back to gas and get that Dodge Havoc, that thing looks bad ass.

3 weeks later
#1133 6 months ago

I decided to double down on a Hummer ev today at Msrp , it’s the best truck I have ever driven bad ass man ! Love it ! Freaking huge !

Will see when cyber truck gets here but I love this Hummer !

IMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
#1135 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Holy crap, the price! That thing moves though

Yeah a lot of dealers want 25-30 over Msrp !

#1145 6 months ago

As a Tesla owner twice, I would never buy a 1st or even 2nd generation vehicle from this company. Will wait for a few years before even considering one. Not interested in being a beta tester.
Not to poo-poo anyone who is really interested in just my bored at work opinion

2 weeks later
#1164 5 months ago

I have had the Hummer EV in my possession for about 1 month now. Comparing it to my Tesla model X I noticed a few things:

-Everyone stares at the hummer when Im driving it. Nobody gives a rat ass about my Tesla.

-Little BMWs and little guys with their little tiny "fast and furious cars" want to race me when in the Hummer.. I have no idea why, very annoying. They are like little flies. One hit from my Hummer will likely pulverize them in seconds

-The Hummer is more comfortable, probably because Im sitting higher , and has more front passenger room

good purchase! I would still lean more towards Tesla for the  total tech package, phone app

Tesla = fast . Hummer = fast and get out of my way.

#1168 5 months ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

what is fast charging like? How long does it take to charge that big boy in fast charging?

I just charge it over night like I do my model X. I plug it in when Im ready for bed let say 8-9 ish then 6-7 am its usually charged up.. getting like 11 miles/hr rate with my charger.
This is ok with me, I dont need to charge it faster,
but it will be able to use tesla supercharger starting next year for road trips!

#1171 5 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Will you need an adapter for that?

I use the charger (level 2 or whatever) that came with the hummer to charge both the hummer and tesla at home when needed. When I need to charge the Tesla with this, I use an adpater
I think I will need an adapter for the hummer when charging with the supercharger in the future.

#1173 5 months ago
Quoted from Steveboos:

So from a body repair standpoint, this truck is an instant total. The main panel for the rear quarter panel is HUGE and HEAVY. It will cost a metric ton to get the panels for this truck, repair wont be an option for most. The first owners are going to be the guinea pigs and beta testers, just like pinball machines these days. It's not a terrible looking truck compared to other vehicles out on the road, but i worry about it's actual uses as a truck.

yeah Im trying to figure that out myself. I doubt this vehicle will be repairable. Its huge, heavy and takes up more energy then 3 Tesla model 3s!. But man when you go down the street in this thing, its like a freaking freight train and others move aside like parting of the sea.

Oh I dont know if your talking abou the hummer or cybertruck.

#1179 5 months ago

Yeah but just having a regular truck is so 1970s ..

#1190 5 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

How’s the 4 wheel steering? Have you tried crab mode?

I honestly havent tried any of that stuff. They even say it goes from 0-60 in like 3 seconds, Im the one who drives 5-10 mpg under the speed limit just to piss off other drivers.

#1195 5 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

WHY?!?!?
So you enjoy being a bad person?

No Im just joking
but seriously they can just go around me.. if they dare

82beb1271412b168aa348750a5c393c0 (resized).jpg82beb1271412b168aa348750a5c393c0 (resized).jpg
#1203 5 months ago

One of my friends who works as a contractor for GM called me yesterday and told me they had another fire at the ground zero factory where they may the hummer ev, and told me to keep the car parked outside the garage
great!

Dont know if I believe him, hes the same friend who told me 3-4 years back that Tesla was "finished". Im like yeah right.

4 weeks later
#1214 4 months ago

Saw it in person today it’s freaking amazing in person , now to save for one ! No money left !

IMG_0276 (resized).jpegIMG_0276 (resized).jpegIMG_0277 (resized).jpegIMG_0277 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpegIMG_0278 (resized).jpeg
#1223 4 months ago

It looks like it would be really easy to load and unload pinball machines !

#1232 4 months ago

Keg party !

#1246 4 months ago

May have to sell the Hummer and change to this.

#1249 4 months ago

I dont understand I put a reservation when was first announced when do I select my options

#1251 4 months ago

The Hummer has 1000 hp, highest cybetruck is 845
not sure matters.

#1261 4 months ago

I honestly thought the release was dumb. He could have a done a better job than that.

the first time they had mad max music and fires and shit

#1277 4 months ago

When i was in Chicago I also visited the Rivian store which just happens to be right next to Tesla. So I saw both Rivian trucks and the Cybertruck. Honestly I think Rivian is going to have a really really hard time keeping up. I was also next to one on the road the other day next to my Hummer and it just looked like a little toy.

Lets see what happens.

#1287 4 months ago

I just saw this canoo truck advertisement was so damn cheesy lost my business on the spot

1 month later
#1436 81 days ago

My Cybertruck founders edition order is available. Im selling my Model X to help fund it, Im debating if I should do it or not, anyone get one yet?

#1439 80 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I have definitely noticed this too. I just keep stressing that it doesn’t matter to me. As an ev owner did it cause you anxiety your car would become useless just when you needed it? I mean, you bought four of them. I have a Lightning too and its range predictions are more accurate for sure. It’s all just not an issue for me. I guess im an ideal ev person and some just aren’t. No hard feelings.
I do think the performance models are range guzzlers. Even when driving more reasonably, they seem to use more energy anyway. Just my gut feeling. Also I think a lot of the tech in Teslas drink a lot of juice (sentry mode, keeping temperature from overheating).

Mine should be here in a month. What delivery window are they quoting you now, if you don’t mind me asking.

I dont have a window yet, I just got the financing approved. Im debating if I want it or not, the hummer ev is awesome, but not that quiet on the highway.

#1441 80 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If you don't mind looking like a douchebag you should do it.

Haha but its stainless steel!

#1444 80 days ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

If you're going to resell it, a wrap is a good idea. Tough as it is, brush stainless steel shows superficial scratches and the wrap will mitigate that.

Thats the problem, if you buy cybertruck now, you cannot sell it for one year! Otherwise tesla will automatically charge you 50k!

#1447 80 days ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is not true.

I just Tesla myself they confirmed. You are not allowed to sell the truck in the 1st year of purchase.

Here is my text message with them (oops had my name on it never mind)

#1449 80 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I think I heard they took that out of the contract and then put it back in! Crazy considering it was to prevent scalping but I think that’s a thing of the past.

I just asked them yesterday when I got my financing complete

Asked them the very question straight up and yep "Yes, you are not allowed to sell the vehicle before the one year mark.".

#1451 80 days ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Color me skeptical but I'm not inclined to believe that unless I see it in writing. What are they going to do, litigate the owner for reselling the car? It's not like they're going to Troll DMV title records and charge it to the persons credit card.

I have heard if they find out somehow they will ban you from buying any more teslas. its around the tesla forums somewhere.

#1458 79 days ago

Yeah I think I’m going to pass on cybtetruck . Tesla
May have lost me when they sold me a model x for nearly 159 k only to reduce the price to 110 -115k 2-3 months later

3 weeks later
#1475 52 days ago

Anyone get one yet and anyone transport a pinball machine ? Is it really a truck or a hatch back? It looks really low to the ground like a normal car.

#1477 52 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don’t personally know anyone who has received one.
I think it’s got pretty good ground clearance. I’m concerned that the bed won’t take a pin covered. I’m sure it will uncovered.
Also, some uncharacteristically good Tesla range news:
https://www.teslarati.com/edmunds-fixes-tesla-cybertruck-range-report-community-note/amp/

Keep debating if I should sell the Hummer and get this instead. Tesla does have good network and tech.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oneangrymo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck?tu=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.