IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 4 years ago

I wonder where he got the inspiration for this thing.

180907100732-elon-musk-smokes-marijuana-podcast-1-large-169 (resized).jpg180907100732-elon-musk-smokes-marijuana-podcast-1-large-169 (resized).jpg
#84 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Many of the best decisions/inventions ever were made while smoking pot.

No doubt. But he must have been smoking some pretty dank weed that day.

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I honestly think that this is ahead of its time, and we just don't understand it yet

No, he was super stoned watching Back To The Future and didn't have any cocaine like DeLorean did.

#91 4 years ago

I need to break out some of those drawings of cars I was doing in first grade while I was supposed to be trying to read.

Way ahead of somebody's time.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

I also love that it's not for everybody. Change is hard.

Yes, I really look forward to the time when all restaurants are Taco Bell.

1988-Cadillac-Voyage-2 (resized).jpg1988-Cadillac-Voyage-2 (resized).jpg
#98 4 years ago

In honor of this bold vision of the future, I have changed my avatar.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#100 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Its funny, 1 for 1 in my dealings with people today, anyone who is even an iota conservative HATES the Tesla truck. No exceptions....

Wel, I do like to conserve fuel and water and things like that.

Tesla is really going out on a limb trying to appeal to those that don't now. Gotta tap every market you can I guess. I'm sure he won't care as long as they give him their money so he can get on with that big trip to Uranus.

#104 4 years ago

Due to it's wedge shape and aerodynamic styling, I can see a few practical uses for this truck.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#107 4 years ago

As an American car company that a lot of people used to crap on, AMC isn't looking so bad now.

1969_AMC_AMX-2_Concept_06 (resized).jpg1969_AMC_AMX-2_Concept_06 (resized).jpg
#109 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of AMC and had a 1968 Javelin and many of their Jeep products. The V-8 Gremlin was fast as heck. They took some heat because I think they had some seatbelt lockout that would prevent the car from starting in the 70s. Don't quote me on that, as I'm not sure.

One thing is for sure, their engines were solid and until not many years ago, their 4.0 straight six was still powering Jeeps and plenty are still running fine.

#141 4 years ago

Meanwhile, the value of the Nissan Cube just went up.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The designers of the Nissan Cube were restricted to 4 angles, no curves.
The designers of the Tesla Cybertruck were restricted to 3 angles, no curves.

That extra angle makes this a much sexier vehicle.

86faa06ba121de186cfcade09c9a4644 (resized).jpg86faa06ba121de186cfcade09c9a4644 (resized).jpg
#146 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

The element is getting jealous of all that love you're giving the cube

I just looked at my 2003 Corolla, and as far as sexy, the new Cybertruck has nothing on my Toyota.

#149 4 years ago
Bvf6J6ECIAEhkGA (resized).jpgBvf6J6ECIAEhkGA (resized).jpg
#153 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut.

Sounds like he has taken the deeproot sales model and ran with it.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

When does the 6 wheeled amphibious version come out?

We have it in convertible with four different colors!
c830ab4ea5dbd5b73ccd24ef5950529b (resized).jpgc830ab4ea5dbd5b73ccd24ef5950529b (resized).jpg

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Loved the “banana splits” in the early 70’s!

They were OK. It's when all the other Sid and Marty Kroft crap took over that I gave up watching Saturday mornings. Lidsville was the last straw.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

In what way is that thing a truck?

With it's classic styling, I liken it more to a tank.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#167 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I take it you are not jonesing for a classic Land of the Lost pin?

No no no no.

A few years back, the local cable ran them all in a row on Saturday mornings, and it reminded me of the death of my childhood, and why I couldn't wait to grow up. Thankfully, Spongebob and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy were on another channel.

#170 4 years ago

I sure hope bad B movie sci fi from the last century isn't the look of the future.

#172 4 years ago

Now that's the good stuff there^^^^. Each one having to step aside for another Kroft stuft animal show.

Here's the off road vehicle of the future!

2ed88a8a1984fd196f1a2a3d5cda0af8 (resized).jpg2ed88a8a1984fd196f1a2a3d5cda0af8 (resized).jpg

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This shape really grows on you.

Like a fungus.

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m sure there are a few kids who came up with the same design in grammar school.

My gramma could have come up with a better design and she farts dust.

#193 4 years ago

But will it carry 2000 lbs of bricks and several bags of concrete?

#195 4 years ago

How do you mount a camper on that thing? A real overhead camper with kitchen, bathroom and all.

#198 4 years ago

Fumes. Like the way this ugly POS has been stinking up the automotive world for the last few days.

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Is that legal in the US?

Lord help us if it is, but in some cases, that would be better than some of the drivers I see around here.

It's perfect technology for the assholes that don't know how to drive or don't pay attention, so I can see what market they are aiming for.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

You'd want to avoid gas cars if you are worried about being stranded as they have thousands of more parts that can and do fail,

Like my 2001 Tacoma with 200,000 miles on it that has never left me stranded?

Tell us how your Tesla is holding up in 20 years and if you can still get parts for it. I'll still be driving the same Tacoma.

Oh yeah, I forgot, some have said they can't even get parts for their Tesla now.

#216 4 years ago

I just googled "can you buy tesla parts at a dealership?" after a couple other failed attempts using different words and came up with nothing.

What a joke.

Where do you get parts if you need them? And where will you get them in the future?

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Bigger question is What’s the ratio between auto pilot and non auto pilot drivers?

Probably at least one out of every billion.

#312 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As your clearly not interested in the company or product I question what your interest is in this thread?

Wasn't this thread for all pinsiders to discuss how ugly they thought this piece of shit is? Or how beautiful and groundbreaking it is?

I had no idea it was a tesla fanboy only thread.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No your right. We need to know at least 40 more times that you do not like it. Lol That would be very helpful.

And others can tell us 50 more times how we are missing out and not seeing the real beauty of it.

#316 4 years ago

Typically, when someone gives an alternate opinion on pinside that does not reinforce their views, they are called trolls and told to get lost.

#319 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sometimes but 30 plus posts in a topic of no interest typically brings a question of value. Lol

Being in the automotive business my whole adult life repairing and testing vehicles, any discussion of any vehicle always interests me.

So, instead of calling me a troll, how bout answering the question I asked.

Say you run this truck into a curb or something and bend a suspension piece, where does one get the replacement part? And if it is not available for sale, what is the turnaround time, and procedure for Tesla to fix it or any other thing that does go wrong?

#322 4 years ago

Yeah, Toyota still stocks just about anything I might need for my 20 year old Tacoma. Although it is rare that I do need something. If it is not in stock at the dealer, it can usually be there the next morning.

I get it, Tesla is not for those that keep vehicles for long periods of time, or those that like to fix their own vehicles. Wonder which has a bigger impact on the environment.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Seems like the new Tesla truck will be a terrible off-road vehicle since under carriage parts are always breaking. No matter what vehicle you’re driving. Parts need to be readily available.

It might be better suited for just having campouts at charging stations.

#324 4 years ago

A 2005 Prius with 350,000 miles on it just came in. Original owner said he replaced the battery two years ago, but besides that there have been no electrical problems or any other major repairs.

Although I don't always like to sit behind them in traffic, when Toyota does something, they usually do it right.

#327 4 years ago

I have decided nobody here can or will answer a question about parts availability and where and how long it takes to get them.

Whether you are in the repair business, or only own one vehicle, it is kind of important to know.

#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I had some issues with my 3 and it was at launch and they still had the parts and came to me and fixed it faster than my wife could get her BMW in for a service.

Thanks! That is what I wanted to know. I'm just looking for the facts now.

They come to you to do repairs. So what if it is something major like if the car has been in an accident? I google and see several locations that say Tesla in my area, so should I assume that is where it gets fixed? What if there is not one in your area?

#331 4 years ago

I guess if you want to know about parts, they have their own forum for that.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/tesla-parts-availability

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Counter-point:
https://canada.autonews.com/retail/toyota-canada-parts-shortage-angers-customers
I drive Toyotas too because they are dependable, relative to their peers. But they've dropped the ball hard on EVs and lost my confidence with their aligning against the California emissions targets. They have too much to lose in the transition to EVs and they know it.

Wow, that's crazy! At least there is the option, although maybe not always as good of quality of aftermerket body parts aplenty.

My experience with any mechanical parts is they are amazingly fast and available at least around here. I tend to order online from a dealership in Arizona because they are cheaper with no sales tax, at least the last time I ordered some, and free shipping which gets them here in a couple days. In a pinch, I go to the dealer.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Yeah that's the normal case, I guess Toyota did some kind of parts inventory system update that went bad and nobody could order anything for a long time.

To be fair, that Prius odometer stopped at 299,999 like the last high milage one I had in. I guess that might be a common problem. He said he does 30k a year, so we did the math from there.

It may not be the prettiest thing on the road either, but everyone that comes in with one seems super happy with them.

One guy with a Tundra V-8 said some of his valve keepers gave way early on, but that is the only one I've heard about.

I ask a lot of questions about cars people drive. I don't get any Teslas in because they do not require smog check. I do understand they are kinda fun to drive.

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I've got 245k miles on my 2005 Sequoia. No issues other than the usual tires, brakes, suspension components, and 2 timing belts so far

I was happy when they did away with timing belts altogether. Last one on my V-6 Tacoma looked brand new even after 80,000 miles along with everything else in there. Super heavy duty. 3.4 way better than their earlier 3.0 effort. I made a living doing head gaskets on those.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Current ride is a 2016 Tacoma off road. I’m keeping it unless Toyota releases a diesel version.

To be fair again, this Tesla looks relatively affordable thinking I saw a near $50,000 Tacoma at the dealer recently. lol. Are there no more minitrucks?

#350 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Actually, I hung on to my 2002 Tacoma for awhile. 14 years.

When I look at mine, it still looks stylish and many people want to buy it, I'm sure. It is a white extra cab pre runner. Another Toyota I used to own came in recently and it still looks super stylish. A 1991 MR2 Turbo.

#376 4 years ago

I'd like to see a tug a war between one of his Space X rockets and a Saturn V myself.

ContentYawningAtlanticridleyturtle-max-1mb.gifContentYawningAtlanticridleyturtle-max-1mb.gif

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What would the connecting cable/chain be made from? One would need to launch them side by side with some kind of pulley/wheel attached to the ground. It could be fun to watch. It could also be one hell of an explosion too!

It might be similar to the showdown in Crush, Texas. lol.

That Saturn V would rip his puny rocket apart.

#385 4 years ago

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gifSpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif

#388 4 years ago

To be fair, the Saturn V was probably a bit heavier, like the Tarkus mobile is compared to a light duty, 2 wheel drive F-150.

I'd put my truck up against most Datsuns any day.

#392 4 years ago

As long as it's burning fuel hot and loud, it's alright by me.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

250,000+ preorders

That's more than 250 times the amount of people that drank Jim Jones' Kool Aid.

3 years later
#1167 6 months ago

I've heard this thing is almost as hot as The Edsel in marketing, sales, and profits.

#1178 6 months ago
Quoted from ASAC_Schrader:

Yep. It's a truck. Trucks haul stuff. Trucks tow stuff.

Trucks also do dump runs.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some of these trucks end up there.

#1180 6 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah but just having a regular truck is so 1970s ..

2001 Tacoma Pre-Runner still doing the job. Chicks and gardeners love it.

#1187 6 months ago
Quoted from shambles:

The USA was going to get these, and Chevy actually chickened out.

Yeah, Australia gets all the cool toys. Are they still selling the Ford Falcon too?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 18.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.