IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

You might want head lights.

I spoke with an engineer who has worked in the automotive industry earlier today. There are no legal requirements for headlights, just legal requirements about the light that the front of a vehicle illuminates. He thinks that it would be difficult but it's doable.

He did note the brake lights may need a bit of modification, but not a crazy amount. There are rules about how much needs to be visible and how much light they put out.

Basically, he said that headlamps basically have always been what they are because of tradition, but there is nothing stopping them from changing legally.

The side mirrors are currently not legal in the US but are legal overseas.

Tesla doesn't usually reveal vehicles that look too drastically different. I think it's all legit. Kind of crazy, but legit.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That interior smacks of "artist rendering". One pictures from one angle. Not sure I buy it.
The wife rightfully said; we'll have to test drive it when they are available to decide.
Just like you don't buy a pinball machine without playing it first... you need to test drive the vehicle before you put down this kind of money. Actually; any money.

This is actually pretty much what Tesla interiors look like. I have a Model 3, same interior but smaller (5 seats) and smaller screen.

Once you get used to it which took me about 48 hours, it feels insane going back to a "normal" car.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:I drive the Model 3 we have as a pool car at my job (dual motor) every few weeks. While it has insane acceleration, I have no issue going back to my Audi.
I have also had two incidents where the electronics completely shut down (But engine kept running and both pedals worked properly) for 20-30 seconds. Then the display slowly rebooted and the climate control came back to life. Both times were during the day. Not sure how the exterior lighting would have reacted if it would have happened at night.
It does not work well for long trips. Recently, a co-worker became stranded for six hours as the vehicle led him to a Supercharger that was still under construction and he did not have enough power to get to the next or back to the prior one. He had to use the 115v cord at a fire station for those six hours.

Yeah, I know it's scary tech to you because of the other thread. However, I have never, ever hear of anyone being routed to a supercharger under construction because you get live updates of how many are working and filled.

My 3 has been on two major road trips. I was really surprised to find out how much easier it was than gas. Longest charging stop was ten minutes.

And the resets, it happens super rarely but the car keeps working as it. If a reboot caused the car to literally stop in the middle of the freeway, it wouldn't be a thing.

You find it easy to go back to another car because you don't drive it much, and I'm betting a lot of the benefits that I became so used to so quickly aren't utilized the same way.

And all that's fine. It's not for you. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have a market.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 125.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 45.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goatdan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck?tu=goatdan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.