IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
Screenshot_20240105_114414_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.
#351 4 years ago

another tacoma owner here.. 2004. keep it around just for house projects really.

model s is my daily, wife has rav4. its too bad Toyota and honda have dragged their feet so much here. would like to skinny down into 2 car household but no phev or bev options yet.. cybertruck too weird for me, and high sides of bed make it not as useful for what we do with it

#352 4 years ago

Yup I drive a 06 v8 4runner awd. 360000km (224000miles) still runs great. Everthing original except common wear like tires , brakes, timing belt.

All front end, suspension and drive train original.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Your not alone lots of people react strangely to it. The screen going black is about the equivalent of turning off the stereo and climate control in a regular car. I have no idea why people think the infotainment unit controls the car, its just a display with some basic secondary controls.

I don't think that too many understand the tesla's have 2 computer systems (for one the vehicle and one for the display) and I think that's one of the things that ford may have gotten right with the mach-e.

I'm hoping that the secondary display (which is located in front of the driver, where we've become accustomed to looking) is connected to the car's driving system so that in the event of a infotainment failure you still have some sort of display.

#354 4 years ago

Here’s some math.

#355 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s some math.

Who doesn’t like watching 2 trucks in a tug of war?

I hope this becomes a new advertising thing. Every manufacturer should have their trucks (and cars) tie up to competitors.
‘Merica!

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Who doesn’t like watching 2 trucks in a tug of war?

a tug of war is ok, but I'd prefer to see them in a demolition derby on an off road course!

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from rad:

a tug of war is ok, but I'd prefer to see them in a demolition derby on an off road course!

truck1.giftruck1.giftruck2.giftruck2.giftruck3.giftruck3.giftruck4.giftruck4.gif
#358 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Here’s some math.

This guy has proven nothing. "The Cybertruck wins because it is heavier". So what? He's basically saying that some characteristic of the truck enables it to win. Exactly.

I'd like to see Tesla post a video with a F-350 dually getting dragged with all wheels squealing like a pig to slaughter...

#359 4 years ago

i'll give electrical cars this...their torque is unbelievable. If you haven't driven a 100% electrical car, try one out and floor it. There is no power delay.

Can the Tesla truck out power 930 lbs of torque on the new diesels? probably not.

#360 4 years ago

An F350 diesel 4x4 vs a tri-motor Cybertruck is the battle I want to see!

I’d actually pay $ to watch it on pay per view too

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Well to poo on my own parade tire surface area would be a factor for sure. So how about a single rear wheel F-350. That should work.

#362 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i'll give electrical cars this...their torque is unbelievable. If you haven't driven a 100% electrical car, try one out and floor it. There is no power delay.
Can the Tesla truck out power 930 lbs of torque on the new diesels? probably not.

The Model S P100D already dyno-tests at 588 horsepower and 920 lb-ft of torque at the wheels.

...I can't wait to see the numbers for the tri-motor Cybertruck. Will destroy the suddenly antiquidated F-350.

#363 4 years ago

anyone remember the early 2000s when "cyber" was a verb slang?

#364 4 years ago

This is from a Forbes story today.

Sundeep Madra, vice president at Ford X, challenged Musk to send over a Cybertruck for a true “apples to apples” tug-of-war test.

Musk replied: “bring it on,” agreeing to the request for a more balanced tug-of-war battle between the two pickups. 

So we will see more truck tug if wars in the future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2019/11/26/tesla-vs-ford-the-cybertruck-and-f-150-pickup-will-face-off-in-a-fair-tug-of-war/amp/

#365 4 years ago

Currently I have a Model X, Model 3, and a Toyota Tundra. My Tundra is mostly for camping (pulling my 24' Toy Hauler), household projects, and dump runs. I would love to trade in my Tundra and one of my current Teslas for a Cyber Truck. After having experience with driving all electric, I no longer have range anxiety and charging concerns when it comes to everyday driving and long road trips. I have all that figured out. But when it comes to towing my trailer for camping, I like to go dry dock camping in locations that more likely than not do not have Superchargers, or 30+ amp hookups for charging. I'm sure I may not have an issue getting to the destination towing, but getting back may make me a little nervous.

If I could figure out an alternative way to charge while dry dock camping, i.e. via my trailer's solar array, this could charge my truck over the span of the trip if shore power is unavailable. That's the primary reason while I'll wait until this type of scenario gets flushed out.

#366 4 years ago

There are a few downsides to owning Tesla. One would think Tesla owners would be neat freaks but thats not the case. Some of these superchargers are just plain filthy. Cups, napkins, bags, I haven't looked closely but I would bethca there are some dirty condoms . No respect.. shame.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There are a few downsides to owning Tesla. One would think Tesla owners would be neat freaks but thats not the case. Some of these superchargers are just plain filthy. Cups, napkins, bags, I haven't looked closely but I would bethca there are some dirty condoms . No respect.. shame.

Gas stations and truck stops are so pristine

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Gas stations and truck stops are so pristine

Touche.

#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The Model S P100D already dyno-tests at 588 horsepower and 920 lb-ft of torque at the wheels.
...I can't wait to see the numbers for the tri-motor Cybertruck. Will destroy the suddenly antiquidated F-350.

Found a guesstimation article: https://www.motortrend.com/news/tesla-cybertruck-electric-pickup-plaid-power/

"Power output for the Cybertruck when equipped with the Plaid powertrain and a double-stacked battery will likely be around 800 hp and 1,000 lb-ft combined, based on previous claims about Plaid and the amount of power Teslas currently make.".

#370 4 years ago

An intersting possibility for towing 5th wheels would be to have a raised hitch in the vault to clear the sides of the truck and use the air suspension to lower the truck height to keep the trailer level. Lower height is actually better for stable towing as well. Of course, this wouldn't work well for towing a 5th wheel off road, but how many people actually do that?

#371 4 years ago

I haven't ridden an ATV in like 30 years, but shit, Im going to buy it just as an accessory. I hope they make a helicopter too that would be awesome.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I don't think that too many understand the tesla's have 2 computer systems (for one the vehicle and one for the display) and I think that's one of the things that ford may have gotten right with the mach-e.
I'm hoping that the secondary display (which is located in front of the driver, where we've become accustomed to looking) is connected to the car's driving system so that in the event of a infotainment failure you still have some sort of display.

That would be a very poor and dangerous design. If the systems are coupled a failing display or infotainment system could compromise the car. These systems are separate for very good reason.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’d like to see the Tesla do this!

62462708-BE00-44EE-8C52-7D662ABC177C (resized).jpeg62462708-BE00-44EE-8C52-7D662ABC177C (resized).jpeg
#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

That would be a very poor and dangerous design. If the systems are coupled a failing display or infotainment system could compromise the car. These systems are separate for very good reason.

I think you misinterpreted my original reply. if the tesla's infotainment system goes out, you lose all display information. what I was stating was that since the ford mach-e has 2 displays (one in the traditional in front of the steering wheel configuration) and a 2nd ipad like infotainment display.
so, if the infotainment system goes out you still wouldn't lose the instrumentation display

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’d like to see the Tesla do this![quoted image]

"I'd like to see the great Leslie try that!"

#376 4 years ago

I'd like to see a tug a war between one of his Space X rockets and a Saturn V myself.

ContentYawningAtlanticridleyturtle-max-1mb.gifContentYawningAtlanticridleyturtle-max-1mb.gif

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think you misinterpreted my original reply. if the tesla's infotainment system goes out, you lose all display information. what I was stating was that since the ford mach-e has 2 displays (one in the traditional in front of the steering wheel configuration) and a 2nd ipad like infotainment display.
so, if the infotainment system goes out you still wouldn't lose the instrumentation display

I guess its just me but I've never really understood this whole dependency on instruments in a car. People act like you trying to land a plane in dense fog. What I care about are oil pressure and temperature, a tach is nice but I have ears so its not in any way essential. Since none of these exist on an EV I really don't understand why people panic when the infortainment goes down. Tesla forums have plenty of threads of people freaking out over it and almost crashing. I guess its the same sort of thing when people have panic attacks when losing signal or charge on a phone.

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd like to see a tug a war between one of his Space X rockets and a Saturn V myself.
[quoted image]

What would the connecting cable/chain be made from? One would need to launch them side by side with some kind of pulley/wheel attached to the ground. It could be fun to watch. It could also be one hell of an explosion too!

#379 4 years ago

How does this thread not have a poll? Ugly vs cool/futuristic or something.

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

What would the connecting cable/chain be made from? One would need to launch them side by side with some kind of pulley/wheel attached to the ground. It could be fun to watch. It could also be one hell of an explosion too!

It might be similar to the showdown in Crush, Texas. lol.

That Saturn V would rip his puny rocket apart.

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

OMG, I'm sorry but that thing is hideous, is that the FINAL design?

The most expensive and challenging aspects of the Model 3 production were two things: molding/assembling body parts and paint. This design eliminates both of those things, thus making the manufacturing that much simpler.

And it makes sense for a truck, because most truck users actually use it for something. It is specifically designed to take a beating and not having to worry about it. Most trucks, no matter how "tough" the engine is, have a big fluffy, painted, plastic mold on the outside -- this thing is cold-rolled stainless steel practically in sheet form.

So, when you think about it, the design is actually more function over form -- at first glance, it may seem otherwise.

#382 4 years ago

250,000+ preorders.

#383 4 years ago

This was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the Tesla truck for the first time......showing my age I guess.....lol

BATTLEZONE (resized).jpgBATTLEZONE (resized).jpg
#384 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It might be similar to the showdown in Crush, Texas. lol.
That Saturn V would rip his puny rocket apart.

I worked for the Company that developed and built the Saturn V. And the Space Shuttle. And the B-1 Bomber.

I love those monthly pension checks from there.

#385 4 years ago

SpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gifSpitefulBronzeCob-size_restricted.gif

#386 4 years ago

Saturn V for the win!

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Saturn V for the win!

Falcon Heavy has nine Merlin 1D main engines in each of its first stage elements burning supercooled liquid oxygen and kerosene to produce 5,548,500 lb of thrust. Then the second stage takes over with its single Merlin 1D engine to punch 210,000 lb of thrust

Saturn V, its S-IC first stage has five Rocketdyne F1 engines that, when set loose, generate a staggering 7,610,000 lb of thrust as it burns kerosene and liquid oxygen. Then comes the S-II second stage with its five Rocketdyne J-2 putting out 1,155,800 lb of thrust from a mix of liquid oxygen and liquid hydrogen. But where Falcon Heavy has already used up its stages, the Saturn still has its S-IVB third stage and its single J-2 engine that can manage a respectable 225,000 lb of thrust.

#388 4 years ago

To be fair, the Saturn V was probably a bit heavier, like the Tarkus mobile is compared to a light duty, 2 wheel drive F-150.

I'd put my truck up against most Datsuns any day.

#389 4 years ago

If only I had a time machine...would love to experience seeing a Saturn V launch in person. I’m assuming it’s the most powerful rocket ever built???

#390 4 years ago

Rest in Peace Sam Iacobellis.....

#391 4 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

If only I had a time machine...would love to experience seeing a Saturn V launch in person. I’m assuming it’s the most powerful rocket ever built???

That would be great to go back in time. I need to see some launch in person, haven't done so yet. The Saturn V was a ridiculous 363 ft high, the Falcon Heavy at 230 ft. I am for any/all that can get up there, some of what has and continues to be done is incredible. #rocketlaunch

#392 4 years ago

As long as it's burning fuel hot and loud, it's alright by me.

#393 4 years ago

But is there room for Tom's dog....That's the important question.

4e1e640c50b8d0bc887fb6a25f556919 (resized).jpg4e1e640c50b8d0bc887fb6a25f556919 (resized).jpg
#394 4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving from Elon.......

863y fc 4 (resized).jpg863y fc 4 (resized).jpg
#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

250,000+ preorders

That's more than 250 times the amount of people that drank Jim Jones' Kool Aid.

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Because at this point it's straight up state run media.

Fox was a conservative network way before there was a President Trump.Would you not agree that ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS,CNN and MSNBC are strongly a liberal viewpoint?

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Fox was a conservative network way before there was a President Trump.Would you not agree that ABC,CBS,NBC,PBS,CNN and MSNBC are strongly a liberal viewpoint?

Facts don't have a viewpoint and you won't find many on Fox.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Anyone that’s getting their ‘news’ from cable tv entertainment networks or even terrestrial network news is doing it wrong.

Now. About this truck and why some people are so angry about it...

Discuss

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

[quoted image]

Was that from George of the Jungle?

#400 4 years ago

Just saw this and was reminded that cybertruck isn’t the first ugly attempt...

5B707154-F3EC-477D-ACCE-22BAA3D5C107 (resized).jpeg5B707154-F3EC-477D-ACCE-22BAA3D5C107 (resized).jpeg6017987A-B943-46B6-8E81-3F2F0000FF57 (resized).jpeg6017987A-B943-46B6-8E81-3F2F0000FF57 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/8?hl=pinless and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.