IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
Screenshot_20240105_114414_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

There are 1,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.
#151 4 years ago

Jesus Christ people ITS A PROTOTYPE!!!!!

#152 4 years ago

Wow!

CNBC: Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut.
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/23/elon-musk-says-tesla-has-received-146000-orders-for-its-cybertruck.html

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Elon Musk says Tesla has received 146,000 orders for its Cybertruck after botched debut.

Sounds like he has taken the deeproot sales model and ran with it.

#154 4 years ago
D63F20EB-F850-4530-B1ED-81BCFF9F98A4 (resized).jpegD63F20EB-F850-4530-B1ED-81BCFF9F98A4 (resized).jpegEC4907A0-14F2-47E8-8755-567E71F19CD2 (resized).jpegEC4907A0-14F2-47E8-8755-567E71F19CD2 (resized).jpeg
#155 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sounds like he has taken the deeproot sales model and ran with it.

Robert seems to talk the talk, but we'll see if he can walk the Musky walk.

Elon isn't perfect, but he certainly shoots high!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1198344195317985280?s=19

#156 4 years ago

At 39K, I’m out. 29K and I’d probably go for a $100 deposit. Love the look of it - probably best to wait and see how these things do on the road first though.

#157 4 years ago

I’ve not read all the comments. Looks weird but amazing specs for the 3 motor model at a reasonable price. Maybe a pin would fit but obviously not with the bed cover on.

I think it is pretty cool overall and I would own one but doubt I will.

#158 4 years ago

When does the 6 wheeled amphibious version come out?

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

When does the 6 wheeled amphibious version come out?

We have it in convertible with four different colors!
c830ab4ea5dbd5b73ccd24ef5950529b (resized).jpgc830ab4ea5dbd5b73ccd24ef5950529b (resized).jpg

#160 4 years ago

In what way is that thing a truck?

#161 4 years ago

I like the wheel covers. Looks like they robbed them off a Spetic Tank.

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have it in convertible with four different colors!
[quoted image]

Loved the “banana splits” in the early 70’s!

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Loved the “banana splits” in the early 70’s!

They were OK. It's when all the other Sid and Marty Kroft crap took over that I gave up watching Saturday mornings. Lidsville was the last straw.

#164 4 years ago

I can't wait for the Supreme edition to come out

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

With it's classic styling, I liken it more to a tank.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#166 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They were OK. It's when all the other Sid and Marty Kroft crap took over that I gave up watching Saturday mornings. Lidsville was the last straw.

I take it you are not jonesing for a classic Land of the Lost pin?

I would take that any day over the Munsters, I mean come on...

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I take it you are not jonesing for a classic Land of the Lost pin?

No no no no.

A few years back, the local cable ran them all in a row on Saturday mornings, and it reminded me of the death of my childhood, and why I couldn't wait to grow up. Thankfully, Spongebob and The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy were on another channel.

#168 4 years ago

If I see that Terminator piece of shit coming down the road I’m going to be a little terrified!

#169 4 years ago

FWIW I don't mind it; I would be unlikely to buy one new but as a used car if they hold up, why not?

Need to learn the pros and cons; e.g. if they are going for digital mirrors, do they crap out in poor weather (e.g. winter dirt or whatever?).

If you dent your fender, are you sorta screwed like a Karmann Ghia (unabody).

If it is comfy and drives well, and is reliable... why not. Its the future. Why not rock a vehickle that looks the part

#170 4 years ago

I sure hope bad B movie sci fi from the last century isn't the look of the future.

#171 4 years ago

Saturday morning teaching tools.

cc (resized).jpegcc (resized).jpegjc (resized).jpgjc (resized).jpgll (resized).jpgll (resized).jpg
#172 4 years ago

Now that's the good stuff there^^^^. Each one having to step aside for another Kroft stuft animal show.

Here's the off road vehicle of the future!

2ed88a8a1984fd196f1a2a3d5cda0af8 (resized).jpg2ed88a8a1984fd196f1a2a3d5cda0af8 (resized).jpg

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

You might want head lights.

I spoke with an engineer who has worked in the automotive industry earlier today. There are no legal requirements for headlights, just legal requirements about the light that the front of a vehicle illuminates. He thinks that it would be difficult but it's doable.

He did note the brake lights may need a bit of modification, but not a crazy amount. There are rules about how much needs to be visible and how much light they put out.

Basically, he said that headlamps basically have always been what they are because of tradition, but there is nothing stopping them from changing legally.

The side mirrors are currently not legal in the US but are legal overseas.

Tesla doesn't usually reveal vehicles that look too drastically different. I think it's all legit. Kind of crazy, but legit.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

That interior smacks of "artist rendering". One pictures from one angle. Not sure I buy it.
The wife rightfully said; we'll have to test drive it when they are available to decide.
Just like you don't buy a pinball machine without playing it first... you need to test drive the vehicle before you put down this kind of money. Actually; any money.

This is actually pretty much what Tesla interiors look like. I have a Model 3, same interior but smaller (5 seats) and smaller screen.

Once you get used to it which took me about 48 hours, it feels insane going back to a "normal" car.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

This is actually pretty much what Tesla interiors look like. I have a Model 3, same interior but smaller (5 seats) and smaller screen.
Once you get used to it which took me about 48 hours, it feels insane going back to a "normal" car.

I drive the Model 3 we have as a pool car at my job (dual motor) every few weeks. While it has insane acceleration, I have no issue going back to my Audi.

I have also had two incidents where the electronics completely shut down (But engine kept running and both pedals worked properly) for 20-30 seconds. Then the display slowly rebooted and the climate control came back to life. Both times were during the day. Not sure how the exterior lighting would have reacted if it would have happened at night.

It does not work well for long trips. Recently, a co-worker became stranded for six hours as the vehicle led him to a Supercharger that was still under construction and he did not have enough power to get to the next or back to the prior one. He had to use the 115v cord at a fire station for those six hours.

#177 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Watch the full release video. It is indeed a truck, with a box, although the box is integral to the whole vehicle.

#178 4 years ago

D5FDFE47-E4F9-47C4-B640-58C59C9FB22F (resized).pngD5FDFE47-E4F9-47C4-B640-58C59C9FB22F (resized).png

#179 4 years ago

Anyone else finding that after viewing videos and pictures of Cybertruck for the last day or so that now "normal" trucks all look hideously overstyled and antiquidated? I'm not even kidding. This shape really grows on you. I'm just sad we have to wait 2+ years to see them on the road.

#180 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Anyone else finding that after viewing videos and pictures of Cybertruck for the last day or so that now "normal" trucks all look hideously overstyled and antiquidated?

No. Actually the more I look at this the stupider it looks.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It does not work well for long trips. Recently, a co-worker became stranded for six hours as the vehicle led him to a Supercharger that was still under construction and he did not have enough power to get to the next or back to the prior one. He had to use the 115v cord at a fire station for those six hours.

So are you trying to say it doesn’t work well for road trips because of this one thing that happened? One incident = Deemed bad for all long trips? Damn if I had one thing go wrong with something and said it was bad I would think everything is bad by now! Especially pinball! Lol

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Anyone else finding that after viewing videos and pictures of Cybertruck for the last day or so that now "normal" trucks all look hideously overstyled and antiquidated? I'm not even kidding. This shape really grows on you. I'm just sad we have to wait 2+ years to see them on the road.

Agreed. All the voices against different will always come on strong to fight change. Definitely not a truck the way most would envision it but not necessarily wrong. The Hummer had the same response until everyone had to have one lol. Never personally understood the mega cab trucks with a 4 foot bed. Why not just get a car?

#183 4 years ago

I have nothing against Tesla products except for super Tesla fanboys who think everything not Tesla is crap. Tesla is an interesting variation on the car/truck but 99% of people still prefer traditional cars/trucks.

Ford sells as many F150 trucks in one year as Tesla has ever built.

And as for self driving there are other manufacturers are right there with Tesla. No one has perfected it yet.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I have nothing against Tesla products but do have a problem with super Tesla fanboys who think everything not Tesla is crap. Tesla is an interesting variation on the car/truck but 99% of people still prefer traditional cars/trucks.
Ford sells as many F150 trucks in one year as Tesla has ever built combined.
And as for self driving there are other manufacturers are right there with Tesla. No one has perfected it yet.

Fair enough (not a fan or owner) but I don’t think market volume defines one is better then the other? I think 99% of people can’t Justify a 90k Model S personally. If the Model S cost the same as a Taurus I suspect the market numbers would be much different. Same way a 129$ Rolex would have a different market share against Timex.

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair enough (not a fan or owner) but I don’t think market volume defines one is better then the other? I think 99% of people can’t Justify a 90k Model S personally. If the Model S cost the same as a Taurus I suspect the market numbers would be much different. Same way a 129$ Rolex would have a different market share against Timex.

I just think there are people who feel smug that Tesla is better than normal cars.

There is a lot of compromises built into EV cars still.

I will probably buy an EV some time might be the Tesla Truck. But I’m not a truck buyer never had one in my life. This looks more like a funky wagon which is my preference anyway.

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This shape really grows on you.

Like a fungus.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm at work... and I can't stop laughing. XD

#188 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jesus Christ people ITS A PROTOTYPE!!!!!

Thief!

#189 4 years ago

The design isn’t original. I’m sure there are a few kids who came up with the same design in grammar school.

E217E44A-2FB9-409C-809A-4AA24A302957 (resized).pngE217E44A-2FB9-409C-809A-4AA24A302957 (resized).png
#190 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’m sure there are a few kids who came up with the same design in grammar school.

My gramma could have come up with a better design and she farts dust.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

So are you trying to say it doesn’t work well for road trips because of this one thing that happened? One incident = Deemed bad for all long trips? Damn if I had one thing go wrong with something and said it was bad I would think everything is bad by now! Especially pinball! Lol

Yes.

#192 4 years ago

It’s like they designed a truck that’s not for truck people. If it would have been an f150 clone with these stats then it would have sold a lot more.

#193 4 years ago

But will it carry 2000 lbs of bricks and several bags of concrete?

#194 4 years ago

Take a classic futuristic looking sports car like this.
16F6880A-10BA-4176-B1C9-E00BC2FF1A3C (resized).jpeg16F6880A-10BA-4176-B1C9-E00BC2FF1A3C (resized).jpeg

Make it quicker. (Possibly faster). More ground clearance. Tow a trailer. Hold your tools.
9C4B7AE0-196F-4604-8D26-DD4C8009B66B (resized).jpeg9C4B7AE0-196F-4604-8D26-DD4C8009B66B (resized).jpeg

#195 4 years ago

How do you mount a camper on that thing? A real overhead camper with kitchen, bathroom and all.

#196 4 years ago

FWIW I agree with this. Truck guys and gals seem brand loyal beyond belief. When I need a "new to me" vehicle I look at what I want, in combination with what has the best reliability and the best pricing.

For some reason with trucks, people just keep buying the same one over and over again even if the last one was a piece of crap.

This is obviously a small sample size, but we have family friends who bought a new Ford F-150, they had lots of problems with it, they seemed really unhappy with it, so obviously they traded it in for another newer Ford F150. At least they seem happier with the new one, even if the loan on it must have been enormous.

#197 4 years ago

Can’t wait to get it ., 500 mile range , Superchargers , atv thAt charges in the back , roomy interior , self driving .. no more fumes ! I hate fumes as soon as I get this our Tahoe
Is going . That thing stinks up my garage in less then 5 seconds . I hope it has same filter as model x

#198 4 years ago

Fumes. Like the way this ugly POS has been stinking up the automotive world for the last few days.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fumes. Like the way this ugly POS has been stinking up the automotive world for the last few days.

140,000 orders in 2 days ? Other people beg to differ

#200 4 years ago

I already have my outfit ready. Although it might be hard going to Taco Bell drive thru and ordering with this on
822BC3D2-31EF-43DE-A090-45731328C824 (resized).jpeg822BC3D2-31EF-43DE-A090-45731328C824 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,488 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.