IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
Screenshot_20240105_114414_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.
#101 4 years ago

Not sure which prototype is worse. This or RAZA.

#102 4 years ago

Not a fan of the look, but the specs at that price point have me interested.

#103 4 years ago

Shit.....this thing looks like a villian that Michael and Kitt are gonna have to take down...
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg

#104 4 years ago

Due to it's wedge shape and aerodynamic styling, I can see a few practical uses for this truck.

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg
#105 4 years ago

Knew this truck looked familiar....

hqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg
#106 4 years ago

The design inspiration:

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

I don't see any windshield wipers anywhere. They could be hidden but I not seeing anything suggesting hidden wipers.

I also do not see any headlights. Again, those could be hidden as well. But it does not look like those headlight doors open up.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.33.14 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.33.14 PM (resized).png

I'm thinking the production model will be quite different.

#107 4 years ago

As an American car company that a lot of people used to crap on, AMC isn't looking so bad now.

1969_AMC_AMX-2_Concept_06 (resized).jpg1969_AMC_AMX-2_Concept_06 (resized).jpg
#108 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As an American car company that a lot of people used to crap on, AMC isn't looking so bad now.

Are you sure??

PS a friend (different one from the Aztec post above) had a Gremlin in high school. We razzed him like crazy, but he said his girlfriend loved the view from the hatchback window when they went parking. They’ve been married 29 years now!

Gremlin (resized).jpegGremlin (resized).jpeg
#109 4 years ago

I'm a big fan of AMC and had a 1968 Javelin and many of their Jeep products. The V-8 Gremlin was fast as heck. They took some heat because I think they had some seatbelt lockout that would prevent the car from starting in the 70s. Don't quote me on that, as I'm not sure.

One thing is for sure, their engines were solid and until not many years ago, their 4.0 straight six was still powering Jeeps and plenty are still running fine.

#110 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Its funny, 1 for 1 in my dealings with people today, anyone who is even an iota conservative HATES the Tesla truck. No exceptions.... Prove me wrong!

I’ll prove you wrong. I’m more than an iota conservative and I don’t hate it.

#111 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I’ll prove you wrong. I’m more than an iota conservative and I don’t hate it.

AWESOME! My sample size wasn't huge, very glad to hear this!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Are you sure??
PS a friend (different one from the Aztec post above) had a Gremlin in high school. We razzed him like crazy, but he said his girlfriend loved the view from the hatchback window when they went parking. They’ve been married 29 years now![quoted image]

Hey be nice to AMC’s lol. Not for everyone but oddly I have yet to attend a car show with my 1970 Gremlin and not win. 70k miles purchased off a California movie lot. Not a Tesla but it still looks new. I’ll bet the Cyber truck doesn’t have Levi interior either! Lol

F9F358C2-6318-4DEA-B9F6-93244B155E70 (resized).jpegF9F358C2-6318-4DEA-B9F6-93244B155E70 (resized).jpeg
#113 4 years ago

I believe this person is their target audience:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#114 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey be nice to AMC’s lol. Not for everyone but oddly I have yet to attend a car show with my 1970 Gremlin and not win. 70k miles purchased off a California movie lot. Not a Tesla but it still looks new. I’ll bet the Cyber truck doesn’t have Levi interior either! Lol[quoted image]

Nice looking Gremlin. I was shotgun rider on a round trip from Dallas to New Orleans in 1971. It was a nice ride as I recall.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Its funny, 1 for 1 in my dealings with people today, anyone who is even an iota conservative HATES the Tesla truck. No exceptions.... Prove me wrong!

I’m your proof you’re wrong.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hey be nice to AMC’s lol. Not for everyone but oddly I have yet to attend a car show with my 1970 Gremlin and not win. 70k miles purchased off a California movie lot. Not a Tesla but it still looks new. I’ll bet the Cyber truck doesn’t have Levi interior either! Lol

I love it! Great photo. My friend’s Gremlin was silver with black striping and interior. We had a field day when in Terminator they grabbed the Gremlin to escape from Arnie S. in the police station instead of taking one of the Ford LTDs. He bragged like crazy that he owned one and it made it into the movie.

Me, I had the super-cool 1973 Datsun LB 1200 Deluxe 2 door 4-speed in metallic green. Those were good times. It even had a radio!

All way off topic with Mr. Musk’s pickup. But really nice to reflect.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

As an American car company that a lot of people used to crap on, AMC isn't looking so bad now.[quoted image]

We can thank Mitt Romney's dad for AMC and the predecessor Company Nash-Kelvinator.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

I love it! Great photo. My friend’s Gremlin was silver with black striping and interior. We had a field day when in Terminator they grabbed the Gremlin to escape from Arnie S. in the police station instead of taking one of the Ford LTDs. He bragged like crazy that he owned one and it made it into the movie.
Me, I had the super-cool 1973 Datsun LB 1200 Deluxe 2 door 4-speed in metallic green. Those were good times. It even had a radio!
All way off topic with Mr. Musk’s pickup. But really nice to reflect.

Thanks. Oddly enough I got it off a movie lot in CA last used in the movie Blow with Johnny Dep lol. Certainly had an easy life. Makes me appreciate power windows and air conditioning every time I get in.

173 (resized).jpeg173 (resized).jpeg
#119 4 years ago

That interior smacks of "artist rendering". One pictures from one angle. Not sure I buy it.

The wife rightfully said; we'll have to test drive it when they are available to decide.
Just like you don't buy a pinball machine without playing it first... you need to test drive the vehicle before you put down this kind of money. Actually; any money.

#120 4 years ago

From a purely manufacturing standpoint (not an engineer, but I go to a ton of facility liquidations) the truck should be CHEAP for Tesla to build.
As far as I can tell:
1. No curves, so no tooling and stamping required. Just cut the shape from the coil, score it, bend and weld.
2. Same metal as Space X, so costs will come down for the alloy whether the truck is built in quantity for long or not.
3. No paint, so no paint booth and no paint emissions permits.

Not being an engineer I could be wrong; but unless there's some weird hidden parts that are difficult to stamp this could be profitable even if a ton aren't built.

#121 4 years ago

They managed to make something uglier than a Pontiac Aztec, I'll give them that much.

Not that it will be any more enviornmentally friendly than, you know... any other vehicle. Likely worse.

#122 4 years ago

I pulled this from Nintendo 64's goldeneye:

Screenshot_20191123-003445~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191123-003445~2 (resized).png
#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I pulled this from Nintendo 64's goldeneye:[quoted image]

This is a closer video game approximation

D6A6A533-2C2E-4BBE-9348-5D7E323468AF (resized).jpegD6A6A533-2C2E-4BBE-9348-5D7E323468AF (resized).jpeg
#124 4 years ago

I like the looks. I’m not a truck guy but would consider this for sure. It looks very futuristic although not sure if stainless steel will be the only color.

Some of the best cars are odd looking li my r the VW Beetle for example.

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from TDK-WPG:

Are you sure??
PS a friend (different one from the Aztec post above) had a Gremlin in high school. We razzed him like crazy, but he said his girlfriend loved the view from the hatchback window when they went parking. They’ve been married 29 years now![quoted image]

That's a Pacer, not a Gremlin. But putting that aside, AMC actually did make some pretty cool muscle cars back in the day, like the Rebel, Javelin, and AMX. They also made the Jeep CJ7, which was a pretty popular offroader.

#126 4 years ago

Would anybody like to own a 1960 stainless steel Ford Thunderbird?

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/stainless-steel-fords.cfm

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.34.05 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.34.05 AM (resized).png

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.33.49 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.33.49 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.34.18 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.34.18 AM (resized).png

#127 4 years ago

Just imagine these as a bad ass police truck pulling you over.

#128 4 years ago

Im sure this is a joke to get attention.
No such thing as bad Publicity.

The final truck design will change.
It still Needs front lights, side mirrors and alot of other required safety features not seen yet.
And there is no such thing as bullet proof. Just bullet resistant. So im sure the window stunt was just another joke to get more attention.

#129 4 years ago

It's probably just a billionaire dare. He'll make more off of the side bet than sales.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

It is definitely an attention getter and not another face in the crowd.

The only bad publicity is no publicity.

#131 4 years ago
85ED0BB5-4900-4E4D-A6B8-A4BCAAF20983 (resized).jpeg85ED0BB5-4900-4E4D-A6B8-A4BCAAF20983 (resized).jpeg
#133 4 years ago

This is without a doubt the ugliest POS I've ever seen....

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

This is without a doubt the ugliest POS I've ever seen....

And, the car isn't winning any contests, either.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

The final truck design will change.
It still Needs front lights, side mirrors and alot of other required safety features not seen yet.
And there is no such thing as bullet proof. Just bullet resistant. So im sure the window stunt was just another joke to get more attention.

There were blinding front lights on the truck if you watch the video and it’s also very possible in Tesla form that they will use cameras for side mirrors and rear view mirror via the shown dash display screen. Yes it will change but I wouldn’t Assume if it’s not made like every car the way we know it it’s wrong. Just a thought.

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

And, the car isn't winning any contests, either.

Those cars are all over the road here....I honestly don't get it...

#137 4 years ago

The real question, will the tonneau cover close if a machine is put in back-end first? It looks like there is enough height at the end of the bed.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The real question, will the tonneau cover close if a machine is put in back-end first? It looks like there is enough height at the end of the bed.

Not sure about that but how many trucks can you load and actually Play your pin in the back! Lol 120 and 220v!

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I hope it doesn't change much, I love it. First time I've really been interested in a car, it looks cool as hell.

You might want head lights.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

No more necessary than side mirrors or windshield wipers. I'm thinking there will be a few changes and additions.

#141 4 years ago

Meanwhile, the value of the Nissan Cube just went up.

#142 4 years ago

At first, I was like WTF
But it's growing on me
I have always liked different - drove an avalanche for years, now have a ridgeline
Flat panels should make manufacturing easier
I just wish it was not so big, hope they offer a smaller version in the future

#143 4 years ago

The designers of the Nissan Cube were restricted to 4 angles, no curves.
The designers of the Tesla Cybertruck were restricted to 3 angles, no curves.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The designers of the Nissan Cube were restricted to 4 angles, no curves.
The designers of the Tesla Cybertruck were restricted to 3 angles, no curves.

That extra angle makes this a much sexier vehicle.

86faa06ba121de186cfcade09c9a4644 (resized).jpg86faa06ba121de186cfcade09c9a4644 (resized).jpg
#145 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That extra angle makes this a much sexier vehicle.[quoted image]

The element is getting jealous of all that love you're giving the cube
0D5DA481-4A6D-4F13-8870-EF47B2A01E56 (resized).jpeg0D5DA481-4A6D-4F13-8870-EF47B2A01E56 (resized).jpeg

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from JayDee:

The element is getting jealous of all that love you're giving the cube

I just looked at my 2003 Corolla, and as far as sexy, the new Cybertruck has nothing on my Toyota.

#147 4 years ago
FB_IMG_1574467128317.jpgFB_IMG_1574467128317.jpg
#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

It has a light bar in the front, just watch videos of the reveal.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

I pre ordered one. We love our model S and the truck would be perfect to replace our SUV which only hauls pins and my boat.

I'm not a truck guy but this does look very intriguing. We love our X and 3 and the legacy car makers are all non starters for us because of things like no autopilot and no supercharging network hence we have zero interest in them as they are so many years behind. But this would be tempting especially since the specs are so good especially given the price! It also looks like it will be very customizable, I'd definitely throw a wrap on this if I got one. The marketing is pure genius though, just about the entire internet is talking about it. It matches my Model 3's 0-60 in 2.9 seconds time which is fascinating given how much this must weigh, so at the same time it makes me wonder if that three motor setup will ever makes it's way into a future Model 3 or Model Y. At first the look did shock me but man it's growing on me more and more.

EDIT: Attached a pic of the matte black version, ok kinda looks rad in that color. Need to tell myself that I don't need this...

3-7zUxBZK (resized).jpg3-7zUxBZK (resized).jpg
#149 4 years ago
Bvf6J6ECIAEhkGA (resized).jpgBvf6J6ECIAEhkGA (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,489 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/3?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.