IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 30.
#1051 12 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

For a while they made a few out of leftover parts. Now an EV estimated price $175,000. And date of production 2024.
Sorry for that price I can get a new C8 ZO6 in a few months or 2019 Corvette ZR-1 TODAY.

Obviously this is a pretty niche market - and they also seem to have an issue with constantly being sued

#1052 12 months ago
Quoted from galore2112:

If this thing flops, I’m going to be disappointed. I so want to see these cute-ugly stainless steel contraptions on the streets in Dallas.
Please Tesla, get the Cyberthingie out the door asap. I’m bored by all these black/grey/white SUVs and trucks in Texas.

I'm with you in spirit but I don't know if my eyes can take it. Tesla went so far past the so ugly it's cute/cool into the plaid of ugliness.

#1053 12 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I'm with you in spirit but I don't know if my eyes can take it. Tesla went so far past the so ugly it's cute/cool into the plaid of ugliness.

Just like the Pontiac Aztec

#1054 12 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Well stated! Upvoted.

Still have one in order though…. I think it’s going to be bigger than my f-150 though and I’m not gonna like driving that…

2 weeks later
#1055 11 months ago

Imagine being one of the chumps who wired Elon Musk $45,000 to reserve a Tesla Roadster 6 years ago. Then 4 years ago a bunch of people reserved the Tesla truck. After seeing a video where Elon promised unbreakable glass that broke on stage when he went to demo it.

#1056 11 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Imagine being one of the chumps who wired Elon Musk $45,000 to reserve a Tesla Roadster 6 years ago. Then 4 years ago a bunch of people reserved the Tesla truck. After seeing a video where Elon promised unbreakable glass that broke on stage when he went to demo it.

I thought the cybertrck reservation was just $1000
But Walmart spent $75K on, how many, over the road truck preorders many years ago.

#1057 11 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I thought the cybertrck reservation was just $1000
But Walmart spent $75K on, how many, over the road truck preorders many years ago.

Iirc cybertruck reservation was only like$100 or maybe $250.

And Walmart I think got the semi, not the cybertruck?

#1058 11 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Iirc cybertruck reservation was only like$100 or maybe $250.
And Walmart I think got the semi, not the cybertruck?

$100, Walmart got the semi

#1059 11 months ago

I must say my 2023 X plaid has been driving much better than when I first got it, actually Im impressed
may still go after cybertruck for my wife!

#1060 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I must say my 2023 X plaid has been driving much better than when I first got it, actually Im impressed
may still go after cybertruck for my wife!

DONT FOPRGET to order the BULLETPROOF GLASS

#1061 11 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

DONT FOPRGET to order the BULLETPROOF GLASS

heck yeah man, thats a must if Im going to be driving around like mad max.

#1062 11 months ago

It’s all bulletproof nowadays!

#1063 11 months ago

The glass thing was so stupid. Bulletproof glass, very few would need or want that

#1064 11 months ago

Bulletproof or no bulletproof, some old lady walks near my car, with the press of a button my car can make a fart noise!

3 months later
#1065 7 months ago

The impatience setting in among some Tesla devotees is understandable, considering the company has gone backwards in letting would-be customers know what to expect. When Musk first showed the Cybertruck almost four years ago, he said it would come in three configurations and start at $39,900. In October 2021, Tesla removed pricing and specs from its website.

Anyone putting down a fully refundable $100 deposit now does so without knowing whether Tesla still expects to hit the price points, battery range or towing capacity promised years ago. The company merely says on its website that depositors will be able to complete their configuration “as production nears.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/tesla-s-cybertruck-is-long-on-hype-and-short-on-specifications/ar-AA1fZxHx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9598325785ba41679198e5a91460caab&ei=12

#1066 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The glass thing was so stupid. Bulletproof glass, very few would need or want that

I've been racking my brain about WHY they even did the bulletproof glass in the first place. Of course the rock thing was beyond stupid (and an insight into Elon Musk later becoming such an unhinged psycho), but why add that extra expense to the vehicle? All I can come up with is a

Quoted from bob_e:

The impatience setting in among some Tesla devotees is understandable, considering the company has gone backwards in letting would-be customers know what to expect. When Musk first showed the Cybertruck almost four years ago, he said it would come in three configurations and start at $39,900. In October 2021, Tesla removed pricing and specs from its website.
Anyone putting down a fully refundable $100 deposit now does so without knowing whether Tesla still expects to hit the price points, battery range or towing capacity promised years ago. The company merely says on its website that depositors will be able to complete their configuration “as production nears.”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/tesla-s-cybertruck-is-long-on-hype-and-short-on-specifications/ar-AA1fZxHx?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=9598325785ba41679198e5a91460caab&ei=12

It seems to me there's no way they can hit that price point now without taking a loss. But on the other hand, maybe the margin on all Teslas is considerably lower than other vehicles? The huge price drops on the other models implies maybe there's a big margin there. Ford also upped their prices after the initial Lightning announcement, but then lowered them again.

#1067 7 months ago

I don’t think anyone is expecting Tesla to hit the original price points. I have a deposit down from way back and I’m assuming my price will be very different. It was kind of a joke how low the original price was.

#1068 7 months ago

I’ve also had a deposit for a long time. If it comes within the 60k-70k range I’ll stay in. If not, pass.

#1069 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don’t think anyone is expecting Tesla to hit the original price points. I have a deposit down from way back and I’m assuming my price will be very different. It was kind of a joke how low the original price was.

it's almost like they lied with exaggerated low pricing in order to drive deposits and be able to say we have zillions of orders.

#1070 7 months ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

it's almost like they lied with exaggerated low pricing in order to drive deposits and be able to say we have zillions of orders.

Could be. If you like conspiracies. Or it could be that costs of literally everything have gone up dramatically since the announcement because the world has been flooded by free money for so long. It’s called inflation.

Or the thing you said.

#1071 7 months ago

Sounds like Ford is going to step up with an all-new EV truck platform to try to compete with Cybertruck:

"Ford’s CEO Jim Farley confirmed in February that the automaker was developing its own in-house EV platform to house its next generation of electric vehicles. The new EV architecture will support a new full-size electric pickup and three-row SUV.

Project T3 (for “Trust The Truck), as it’s being called, is a tribute to the team developing an electric truck for the digital age. It’s a truck that’s fully capable of towing, hauling, exporting power, and new innovations.

The new electric truck will be “like the Millennium Falcon – with a back porch attached,” according to Farley. It will be built at Ford’s new nearly six-square-mile BlueOval City complex in Tennessee."

(https://electrek.co/2023/08/29/ford-retiring-these-three-gas-models-make-way-new-evs/)

Funny they don't realize that the Falcon is a hacked up beater that happens to be fast, if not particularly reliable. I guess it *is* a Ford - makes sense.

#1072 7 months ago

I really hope it does improve. The current lightning is pretty good, but definitely way behind Tesla vehicles (but not the cybertruck obviously… haha)

#1073 7 months ago

It's exactly this. Tesla's stock price is / was correlated with how it was perceived to be doing. And Elon's compensation is incredibly tied to Tesla's stock price. A shitload of things Tesla was supposed to do have largely proved to be vaporware; hype intended to boost the stock price whether they are actually profitable enterprises or not. Look at the undelivered products over the past 5-10 years:

Solar Roof - hardly any installs, way more expensive than originally quoted. Original presentation had non-working tiles that were just for show
Roadster 2.0 - Announced in 2017, took preorders for $50K or more dollars a pop, nowhere to be found six years later
Tesla Semi - Also announced in 2017, six years later 54 trucks built.
Tesla Battery Swap - 10 years ago there was a dog and pony show demo of a fast battery swap rendering gas stations obsolete. That is also vaporware.

There's a lot more. It isn't conspiracy to say, and I think the Twitter takeover kinda shows, that Musk comes up with hairbrained shit designed to boost the stock price, the engineers have to build it, and if it doesn't make any business sense, its quietly forgotten about.

#1074 7 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

It's exactly this. Tesla's stock price is / was correlated with how it was perceived to be doing. And Elon's compensation is incredibly tied to Tesla's stock price. A shitload of things Tesla was supposed to do have largely proved to be vaporware; hype intended to boost the stock price whether they are actually profitable enterprises or not. Look at the undelivered products over the past 5-10 years:
Solar Roof - hardly any installs, way more expensive than originally quoted. Original presentation had non-working tiles that were just for show
Roadster 2.0 - Announced in 2017, took preorders for $50K or more dollars a pop, nowhere to be found six years later
Tesla Semi - Also announced in 2017, six years later 54 trucks built.
Tesla Battery Swap - 10 years ago there was a dog and pony show demo of a fast battery swap rendering gas stations obsolete. That is also vaporware.
There's a lot more. It isn't conspiracy to say, and I think the Twitter takeover kinda shows, that Musk comes up with hairbrained shit designed to boost the stock price, the engineers have to build it, and if it doesn't make any business sense, its quietly forgotten about.

This seems like an incredibly wasteful way to do things. But it's also (kinda) how R&D works

#1075 7 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

When announced it was about $200,000 Still nowhere to be seen.

So June 15 this year, I ordered a C8 Corvette hard top convertible. 3LT Z51 Magnetic Ride, Front Lift and more...for half the cost of the tezla
Built August 8, at the dealer 8-14-2023. I took delivery August 16. It was raining on the 15th.

I will have sub three second 0-60 times. and 100% recharge in less than 5 minutes.

Go ahead and quote the tezla roadster specks, in the fictional/prototype category, until they actually exist.

p2 (resized).jpgp2 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpgp3 (resized).jpg
#1076 7 months ago

No way

#1077 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

When announced it was about $200,000 Still nowhere to be seen.
So June 15 this year, I ordered a C8 Corvette hard top convertible. 3LT Z51 Magnetic Ride, Front Lift and more...for half the cost of the tezla
Built August 8, at the dealer 8-14-2023. I took delivery August 16. It was raining on the 15th.
I will have sub three second 0-60 times. and 100% recharge in less than 5 minutes.
Go ahead and quote the tezla roadster specks, in the fictional/prototype category, until they actually exist.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nobody’s gonna disrespect that car! That’s an American made beauty at the height of its game. Congrats!! Love that color.

#1078 7 months ago

Nice car, but is everyone going to start posting their ICE cars in this thread. I love Trekkie's 'vette thread, but this ain't it.

#1079 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Nice car, but is everyone going to start posting their ICE cars in this thread. I love Trekkie's 'vette thread, but this ain't it.

But they make an EV Corvette, right?

#1080 7 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah. Move all this to the ev hater thread. This is Cybertruck land!

#1081 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah. Move all this to the ev hater thread. This is Cybertruck land!

But there are no Cybertrucks...Well Jay Leno has one of the prototypes which he takes out to dog and pony shows..

#1082 7 months ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The E-ray is coming out for 2024 it is a hybrid by adding 160 hp electric motor(s) to front wheels.

https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette/e-ray

#1084 7 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

It's happening!

AND it has jumper cables under the hood... WTF.. and EV that needs jumper cables

cyber truck (resized).jpegcyber truck (resized).jpeg

#1085 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

AND it has jumper cables under the hood... WTF.. and EV that needs jumper cables
[quoted image]

I really doubt that’s stuff installed in the frunk. Maybe they’re showing its capacity? Stop the trolling bobe! Haha

#1086 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Er… even if those weren’t for the purposes of jumping OTHER vehicles, don’t jumper cables carry E-lectricity for your E-lectric Vehicle?

#1087 7 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I really doubt that’s stuff installed in the frunk. Maybe they’re showing its capacity? Stop the trolling bobe! Haha

Trolling? YOU posted the link to the cyberfrunk

#1088 7 months ago

I hate my Tesla, wish I never bought it. Never buying another one again
Piece of crap cars.

#1089 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Piece of crap cars.

I sold my Model 3P earlier this year. I’m also never going to buy another Tesla.

#1090 7 months ago

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/oh-oh-specs-prices-for-tesla-cybertruck-pulled-from-website/

and they go on to say do you really expect the Cybertruck to be $3,000 chaeper than a model 3?

Yes, IMO, Elon is the master of the tease and no real information given.
Maybe if he put the $$$ to buy Twitter and rename it X the cyber truck would be here.

#1091 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Piece of crap cars.

My colleague recently purchased the Tesla model X. Since day 1 he cannot park it in the rain because the seal around the rear window leaks and the trunk area becomes a swimming pool.

#1092 7 months ago

It would be cool to pull a trailer with the Cybertruck loaded with extra capacity batteries for a 700 mile range. Remove the battery from the truck during manufacture for safety and to save weight.
Battery fire? Drop the trailer.

#1093 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

But there are no Cybertrucks...Well Jay Leno has one of the prototypes which he takes out to dog and pony shows..

Is that real? Never heard that, but Leno is the man, so possible.

#1094 7 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Piece of crap cars.

Honestly I’d love to know more. But probably take it to the ev hate thread at this point. I’ve owned 5 and loved them all.

#1095 7 months ago
Quoted from gandamack:

My colleague recently purchased the Tesla model X. Since day 1 he cannot park it in the rain because the seal around the rear window leaks and the trunk area becomes a swimming pool.

QC has been a major problem for Tesla.

#1096 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Could you imagine some dude rolling around with jumper cables in their Cyber Truck giving people jumps. Kind of like the guys with trucks helping people get out of snow/ice when they get stuck in storms.

#1097 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Is that real? Never heard that, but Leno is the man, so possible.

I may be wrong. I saw Jay Leno's Garage show he was driving one with Elon thru some tunnel and on the streets. So the CyberTrash may be owned by tezla and not Jay.

#1098 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I may be wrong. I saw Jay Leno's Garage show he was driving one with Elon thru some tunnel and on the streets. So the CyberTrash may be owned by tezla and not Jay.

Not owned by Jay. That was a promotion for the truck and the Boring Company (remember that?), hence the tunnel.

#1099 7 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

#1100 7 months ago

Does anyone have a Hummer EV and can comment on it?? I have one locally I was thinking about getting ,but they wont let me test drive it! haha!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
PinSound

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.