Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
Screenshot_20240105_114414_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1480 (resized).JPG
IMG_1488 (resized).JPG

There are 1,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.
#1001 1 year ago

Are they ever going to release this?

#1002 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

SB153 should help with the weight problem... and destroy our roads... but ZERO EMISIONS
[quoted image]

Weight in this case doesnt mean much. Its still going to be 80k GVW. So it may just have less payload capacity.

#1003 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

SB153 should help with the weight problem... and destroy our roads... but ZERO EMISIONS
[quoted image]

Another good analysis video, does the Tesla Semi Make Sense PII.

TLDR; Yes, it makes plenty of sense for 90% of trips (depending on the actual price).

2 weeks later
#1004 1 year ago

Well after some time with my 2023 Plaid X I can tell you.. I hate it.

I had a 2016 X which was working really well, nothing really wrong with it and was suckered by Tesla to trade it in for a 2023.
Its rough, its bumpy, seats are narrow and uncomfortable and noisy as shit on the highway.

I hate it and have buyers remorse. I really wish I had kept the 2016 or went to the Escalade V instead.

Oh well, live and learn! No more Tesla for me.

#1005 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had a 2016 X which was working really well, nothing really wrong with it and was suckered by Tesla to trade it in for a 2023.
Its rough, its bumpy, seats are narrow and uncomfortable and noisy as shit on the highway.
I hate it and have buyers remorse. I really wish I had kept the 2016 or went to the Escalade V instead.

Did you go to a Tezla sales center and test drive one ? OH, wait they don't have dealerships (stealerships)

I hear that Mercedes has several EV cars, saw them on the TV show Motorweek.

#1006 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Wow! I’m honestly shocked. I love the new seats. So much more comfortable. I think they did go away from the adjustable air suspension though. So disappointing. My sincere condolences. That sucks.

#1007 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Did you post in the EV thread? This Cybertruck one sort of died with no shipments years after announcement.

#1008 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Did you go to a Tezla sales center and test drive one ? OH, wait they don't have dealerships (stealerships)
I hear that Mercedes has several EV cars, saw them on the TV show Motorweek.

Tesla has a dealership & service center a few miles from my house with models you can test drive

#1009 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Tesla has a dealership & service center a few miles from my house with models you can test drive

I guess their "mobil repair centers" with ICE for power was bad for their image.
Note there are two sales/service centers in Michigan now, after 10+ years of selling cars here

#1010 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I guess their "mobil repair centers" with ICE for power was bad for their image.
Note there are two sales/service centers in Michigan now, after 10+ years of selling cars here

Bobe where you been over in the ev hate thread?! We miss you!

#1011 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Elon Musk is bad for their image

#1012 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Bobe where you been over in the ev hate thread?! We miss you!

Burning Petrol, 31.8 MPG over the last 10,000 miles and every 100% recharge is in less than 3 minutes!!!

So I have spent about $2750 on gas so I have to spend about $14,000 more on fuel before I hit the break even point on a Tezla 3 with AWD. I'm tired of the tree hugging greenies giving me the good earth shit. And complaining about the smell of gasoline, my first job was pumping gas. So I don't go there, I was banned. Too many F Bombs or whatever. So the Acceleration is smooth and fast, yet it is no faster than the car in front of it. Have you heard of SB153 to allow EV semi trucks to weigh more? Good for the earth bad for the roads. Your typical semi trucks motor is 2700 lbs, trans 750, clutch 150. I'm not sure on the differentials but those would be gone too on an EV since there would be 2 motors on each axel.

#1013 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Burning Petrol, 31.8 MPG over the last 10,000 miles and every 100% recharge is in less than 3 minutes!!!
So I have spent about $2750 on gas so I have to spend about $14,000 more on fuel before I hit the break even point on a Tezla 3 with AWD. I'm tired of the tree hugging greenies giving me the good earth shit. And complaining about the smell of gasoline, my first job was pumping gas. So I don't go there, I was banned. Too many F Bombs or whatever. So the Acceleration is smooth and fast, yet it is no faster than the car in front of it. Have you heard of SB153 to allow EV semi trucks to weigh more? Good for the earth bad for the roads. Your typical semi trucks motor is 2700 lbs, trans 750, clutch 150. I'm not sure on the differentials but those would be gone too on an EV since there would be 2 motors on each axel.

It’s just good to hear from you!

4 weeks later
#1014 1 year ago

Man Im so pissed off with Tesla. I buy the car, few weeks later the price is reduced nearly 20k, then they start releasing all new updates every week.. larger rear screen, better glass, red break calipers, new paint options
Im done w/ them , feels like a scam.

#1015 1 year ago
95% (resized).jpg95% (resized).jpg
#1016 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

I used to date a girl from Milford, why are there a bunch of hot chicks in that location?

#1017 1 year ago
IRONY (resized).jpgIRONY (resized).jpg
#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man Im so pissed off with Tesla. I buy the car, few weeks later the price is reduced nearly 20k, then they start releasing all new updates every week.. larger rear screen, better glass, red break calipers, new paint options

Elon drove it. He likes it!

#1019 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

FERRARI & Porsche charges $5,000 for painted brake calipers...so who got scammed?

#1020 1 year ago

Is the BIG Wing for added down force ???

big wing (resized).jpgbig wing (resized).jpg
#1021 12 months ago

"Tesla taking delivery of another of world’s largest press for Cybertruck production"
https://electrek.co/2023/03/21/tesla-delivery-second-worlds-largest-press-cybertruck-production/

The two largest presses in the world, for Cybertruck production. It's coming...

#1022 12 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

"Tesla taking delivery of another of world’s largest press for Cybertruck production"
https://electrek.co/2023/03/21/tesla-delivery-second-worlds-largest-press-cybertruck-production/
The two largest presses in the world, for Cybertruck production. It's coming...

AND how many more months before the press is assembled, dies tested and corrected to make proper body panels? All this because Elon has to have the cybertruck's body made from stainless steel. I think he is planning on making time machines.

#1023 12 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

AND how many more months before the press is assembled, dies tested and corrected to make proper body panels? All this because Elon has to have the cybertruck's body made from stainless steel. I think he is planning on making time machines.

I’d buy one of those too!

4 weeks later
#1024 11 months ago

Well holy crap, I finally found the Pinside thread with the most amount of pathetic trolls.

#1025 11 months ago
Quoted from Danzig:

Well holy crap, I finally found the Pinside thread with the most amount of pathetic trolls.

DID YOU try the I love Tezla forum?

#1026 11 months ago

Well I finally too my Plaid X into the service center and complained and chewed their ear off. They fixed about 90% of my issues. The car is much quieter, smoother and comfortable. I wish seats had more padding and the steering yoke came out towards me more, but its better.
I drove one hour to the service center. they gave me a bunch of uber credits to go eat, go to the mall etc, go watch a movie until the car was done
they took good care of me,
lets see what happens!

#1027 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Well I finally too my Plaid X into the service center and complained and chewed their ear off. They fixed about 90% of my issues. The car is much quieter, smoother and comfortable. I wish seats had more padding and the steering yoke came out towards me more, but its better.
I drove one hour to the service center. they gave me a bunch of uber credits to go eat, go to the mall etc, go watch a movie until the car was done
they took good care of me,
lets see what happens!

I hope your experience improves. I sold my model s and got a ford lightning. Man I miss my model s. Ugh.

#1028 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I hope your experience improves. I sold my model s and got a ford lightning. Man I miss my model s. Ugh.

How about that killer frunk though...

#1029 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

How about that killer frunk though...

It’s actually great. The overall truck is cool. I just realized I hate driving giant vehicles. As trucks go, the lightning isn’t bad. Freaking fast (for a pickup)!

#1030 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It’s actually great. The overall truck is cool. I just realized I hate driving giant vehicles. As trucks go, the lightning isn’t bad. Freaking fast (for a pickup)!

I'm strongly considering going in on one soon - what model did you go for? I live in a terribly unfriendly urban area where parking that beast will be a nightmare... but I also don't need to drive downtown much (let's hear it for public transportation)

#1031 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

whats wrong with lightning ?Just bigger?
what about self driving? does it have it? Its is quieter and roomier?

#1032 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

whats wrong with lightning ?Just bigger?
what about self driving? does it have it? Its is quieter and roomier?

It has a “self driving” roughy equivalent to autopilot. But TONS of nags. Eyes on the road, touching the radio too much, hands on wheel, really annoying. The biggest annoyance is that when traffic comes to a complete stop, it will start going again UNLESS the stop is longer than three seconds. What the heck is that?!! When do I ever stop for less than three seconds? So it’s basically useless for stop and go, which is the main purpose imo.

Yes, I think it’s just the f-150 form factor I’m hating. Not the ev-ness. The ev factor makes it more tolerable for sure.

I got the platinum and that’s another sore point for me. Due to “part shortages” they took away a lot of what I consider as basic upgrades that are normally included in the platinum. No massage seats, not heated wheel (really?!). And they gave me a $300 credit for it all. And they said they’d let me know when the parts become available … think they’ll only charge me $300 to put them back in?! Laughable. I had to bitch at them to get a $200 bedliner put in on a truck the price of a small house. Soooo yeah. I’m over this thing, sadly. I wanted to love it.

#1033 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

It has a “self driving” roughy equivalent to autopilot. But TONS of nags. Eyes on the road, touching the radio too much, hands on wheel, really annoying. The biggest annoyance is that when traffic comes to a complete stop, it will start going again UNLESS the stop is longer than three seconds. What the heck is that?!! When do I ever stop for less than three seconds? So it’s basically useless for stop and go, which is the main purpose imo.
Yes, I think it’s just the f-150 form factor I’m hating. Not the ev-ness. The ev factor makes it more tolerable for sure.
I got the platinum and that’s another sore point for me. Due to “part shortages” they took away a lot of what I consider as basic upgrades that are normally included in the platinum. No massage seats, not heated wheel (really?!). And they gave me a $300 credit for it all. And they said they’d let me know when the parts become available … think they’ll only charge me $300 to put them back in?! Laughable. I had to bitch at them to get a $200 bedliner put in on a truck the price of a small house. Soooo yeah. I’m over this thing, sadly. I wanted to love it.

No heating steering wheel? What about the seats are they heated?

#1034 10 months ago

I've historically moved games with rented uhaul vans, or borrowed a larger vehicle. I was able to cram a grand prix in my little Niro EV once, but then found I could not do the same with a Whirlwind so that turned into needing a second trip. I took games to Pinball at the Zoo for the first time this year (Jackson to Kalamazoo) so I got a hitch installed on my Niro so I could rent a cheap uhaul trailer instead of paying more for van rental + gas. I did pretty well, with about 30-40% range loss from towing a 900 lb trailer with 3 games in it. Thursday I made it there and back without needing to charge. Saturday it was raining both ways which impacts range and there was a big temperature drop which also impacted range, so I made a pit stop in Marshall on my way home and picked up 8kw while using the bathroom and grabbing subway for the road. I'm sure it was an amusing sight if anyone looked and saw my little crossover with a trailer at the charging station. In the long run though getting the hitch will pay for itself in 2-3 trips that I would have otherwise rented a van for which I expect will take less than a year.
342806303_1385065782290617_366874421447878182_n (resized).jpg342806303_1385065782290617_366874421447878182_n (resized).jpg

#1035 10 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I've historically moved games with rented uhaul vans, or borrowed a larger vehicle. I was able to cram a grand prix in my little Niro EV once, but then found I could not do the same with a Whirlwind so that turned into needing a second trip. I took games to Pinball at the Zoo for the first time this year (Jackson to Kalamazoo) so I got a hitch installed on my Niro so I could rent a cheap uhaul trailer instead of paying more for van rental + gas. I did pretty well, with about 30-40% range loss from towing a 900 lb trailer with 3 games in it. Thursday I made it there and back without needing to charge. Saturday it was raining both ways which impacts range and there was a big temperature drop which also impacted range, so I made a pit stop in Marshall on my way home and picked up 8kw while using the bathroom and grabbing subway for the road. I'm sure it was an amusing sight if anyone looked and saw my little crossover with a trailer at the charging station. In the long run though getting the hitch will pay for itself in 2-3 trips that I would have otherwise rented a van for which I expect will take less than a year. [quoted image]

#1036 10 months ago
Quoted from PinRat:

I've historically moved games with rented uhaul vans, or borrowed a larger vehicle. I was able to cram a grand prix in my little Niro EV once, but then found I could not do the same with a Whirlwind so that turned into needing a second trip. I took games to Pinball at the Zoo for the first time this year (Jackson to Kalamazoo) so I got a hitch installed on my Niro so I could rent a cheap uhaul trailer instead of paying more for van rental + gas. I did pretty well, with about 30-40% range loss from towing a 900 lb trailer with 3 games in it. Thursday I made it there and back without needing to charge. Saturday it was raining both ways which impacts range and there was a big temperature drop which also impacted range, so I made a pit stop in Marshall on my way home and picked up 8kw while using the bathroom and grabbing subway for the road. I'm sure it was an amusing sight if anyone looked and saw my little crossover with a trailer at the charging station. In the long run though getting the hitch will pay for itself in 2-3 trips that I would have otherwise rented a van for which I expect will take less than a year.
[quoted image]

I’ll be curious to know if you notice a decrease in range over time with the added weight and form of the hitch.

#1037 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No heating steering wheel? What about the seats are they heated?

Yes. But that’s pretty much it for the “luxury” items. It’s honestly got the features on my base level rav4. I’m not being dramatic. All I got was the badging and nice two toned leather.

#1038 10 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yes. But that’s pretty much it for the “luxury” items. It’s honestly got the features on my base level rav4. I’m not being dramatic. All I got was the badging and nice two toned leather.

And I’m guessing the base model lightning is still pretty much MIA(?)

#1039 10 months ago

Kind of bummed the cybertruck didn't materialize. Was hoping for a whole wave of low-polygon vehicles

#1042 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Too little, too late.....
Tesla's market value contunues to suffer.

Hardly because of the Cybertruck! Lol

#1043 10 months ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Too little, too late.....
Tesla's market value contunues to suffer.

That's hilarious! They will sell as many as they can make for years.

#1044 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

He's talking about Tesla's stock price currently being less than half its peak.

#1045 10 months ago

If this thing flops, I’m going to be disappointed. I so want to see these cute-ugly stainless steel contraptions on the streets in Dallas.

Please Tesla, get the Cyberthingie out the door asap. I’m bored by all these black/grey/white SUVs and trucks in Texas.

#1046 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

And I’m guessing the base model lightning is still pretty much MIA(?)

I believe that’s true. This seems like the base, plus $40,000

#1047 10 months ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Sure they will. Just like Model X and Model S.
And when will we see volume production? How aboot the $40,000 version that a majority of the "pre-orders" are for.

#1048 10 months ago
Quoted from galore2112:

If this thing flops, I’m going to be disappointed. I so want to see these cute-ugly stainless steel contraptions on the streets in Dallas.
Please Tesla, get the Cyberthingie out the door asap. I’m bored by all these black/grey/white SUVs and trucks in Texas.

You can, they are called DELORIANS.

#1049 10 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

You can, they are called DELORIANS.

DMC is back making Deloreans again.. the new model costs $100,000!!

#1050 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

DMC is back making Deloreans again.. the new model costs $100,000!!

For a while they made a few out of leftover parts. Now an EV estimated price $175,000. And date of production 2024.

Sorry for that price I can get a new C8 ZO6 in a few months or 2019 Corvette ZR-1 TODAY.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.95
There are 1,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/21 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.