IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 30.
#951 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The frame is casted? Is that normal. Usually casted metal is frowned on. Isn't machining or stamped prefered?

Typically trucks have steel frames made from pressings or hydroforming. The old school body on frame method. Most cars today are of unibody construction, the body is also the chassis, the only "frame" part is forward of the firewall for supporting the motor and transmission and is welded to the unibody.

I have a sports care whose chassis is made of Aluminum: extrusions, stamping and castings.

#952 1 year ago

On the plus side, you won’t ever have to worry about your Cybertruck rusting with aluminum and stainless steel.

#953 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Wasn't Tesla supposed to come out with a new sport car like years ago? The roadster or something it was supposed to be Called.

I understand the new roadster will cost in excess of $200,000. The design is not finalized and the factory wasn't finished. Chip and material shortages
too. Elon stated and I'm paraphrasing "why rob Peter to pay Paul".

#954 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

On the plus side, you won’t ever have to worry about your Cybertruck rusting with aluminum and stainless steel.

Just don't throw rocks at its bulletproof glass.

#955 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Typically trucks have steel frames made from pressings or hydroforming. The old school body on frame method. Most cars today are of unibody construction, the body is also the chassis, the only "frame" part is forward of the firewall for supporting the motor and transmission and is welded to the unibody.
I have a sports care whose chassis is made of Aluminum: extrusions, stamping and castings.

I know about unibody that's been around mainstream since the 80's. I just didn't know they used cast metal for them or maybe that's Tesla only.

Edit to add: maintsream US since the 80's. Foreign cars adopted unibody sooner. I know there are always exceptions too.

#956 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

let's stop kidding ourselves. It's also not about saving the F'n earth. Its about the perception of both. Does the buyer of a $125k tesla really give a sh about either?

i am not a climate denier, and i believe the science but at times i think sometime this is all BS too, it feels like they are setting a narrative for the next big industry.
i remember in my 20's all of my friends would spend summers working seismic ( cutting treelines and stomping jugs) but exploration days are done and so are those jobs. we can only build so may pipelines, rigs, and processing plants and those jobs will be gone also.

#957 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Yes, stuff has to be tested and it will be heavy.
They just announced the final version, so we shouldn’t be surprised if all of the crash tests haven’t been completed.

when you say they just announced it , you mean Elon .. I wouldn't be too worried about the crash worthiness of it all. Teslas are off the NHS charts as in never tested a car so safe .

Im just super stoked about the active suspension /range and ability to bushwack without having to worry about the pavement princesss paint getting scratched ..

#958 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I know about unibody that's been around mainstream since the 80's. I just didn't know they used cast metal for them or maybe that's Tesla only.
Edit to add: maintsream US since the 80's. Foreign cars adopted unibody sooner. I know there are always exceptions too.

AMC aka American Motors Started back in 1958 or 59

The 67 Camaro & Firebird were unibody with front sub frame

#959 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

unibody and cast eco Skeltons are too totally different things , exoskeleton was used once in an aircraft ..

the cast "frame" is meant to get away from welding . welding sucks , its garbage . the less welding the better .
not to mention the lest robot = the less cost . getting the cost down is super important to make the transitions to sustainable energy possible
no one else will be doing this as Tesla have IDRA booked out for the next decade .

#960 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

My old '67 Corvair and Hudson Hornets were unibody. Not sure why we are harping on this. I said frame in the general sense. Term frame damage is still used a lot

#961 1 year ago
Quoted from Anony:

Batteries require massive amounts of precious metals as well. It's not just the cost of generating the electricity, we're going to have a huge stockpile of outdated batteries in the next decade as well as massive mining operations to get enough metals to meet the demand for batteries now. And every single machine that is used in that mining and supply chain process are powered by fossil fuels.
We really need some breakthrough in battery technology. Lithium sulfur is apparently pretty promising

https://li-cycle.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#962 1 year ago

The “huge stockpile of outdated batteries” will be right next to the stockpile of catalytic converters and 12v batteries. All in fantasy FUD land.

We will eventually get to a point where most of the material comes from recycled batteries. Just like how 90% of the metals in current auto batteries come from recycled batteries.

#963 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

We will eventually get to a point where most of the material comes from recycled batteries. Just like how 90% of the metals in current auto batteries come from recycled batteries.

What company has a possible realization of recycled batteries into sustainable material?

#964 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What company has a possible realization of recycled batteries into sustainable material?

Tesla battery packs are being recycled

https://www.tesla.com/support/sustainability-recycling

Nissan does various things with their packs to ensure they never go to a landfill.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/how-nissan-recycles-depleted-ev-batteries-and-rescues-them-to-power-japan-155773.html

They all have a sustainable lifecycle plan. All one has to do is go to the respective websites, or ask someone that works at the company to find out.

The anti-EV crowd just likes to perpetuate the landfill myth.

#965 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

See my previous post about 4 back

#966 1 year ago

There is a thriving market for used Tesla battery packs for home use. Usually, why the pack goes bad it's only some cells. Those that can break it apart and replace the bad cells then have a good energy storage for their solar.

#967 1 year ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

East Penn Manufacturing Company, Lyon Station, PA.

#968 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBally:

East Penn Manufacturing Company, Lyon Station, PA.

Redwood Materials, CA

1 month later
#969 1 year ago

No Cyber Truck updates? How many years later?

1 week later
#970 1 year ago
TESLA TRUCK (resized).jpgTESLA TRUCK (resized).jpg
#971 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

The Musketeers will soon point out that only "4680 cells" will be used on the superior cyber truck.

#972 1 year ago

Hey. Keep it to the hate thread. This is cybertruck!

#973 1 year ago

I just read an interesting article on the f150 lighting. Towing a 6000 lb trailer simply kills your range. It will be interesting to see how Tesla deals with this issue with the cybertruck. I guess if you have a big enough battery, losing half the range may still be ok. Of course is you live in a cold climate, you are doubly screwed......

Here is the link......

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ford-f-150-lightning-range-less-than-160-km-when-towing

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

I just read an interesting article on the f150 lighting. Towing a 6000 lb trailer simply kills your range. It will be interesting to see how Tesla deals with this issue with the cybertruck. I guess if you have a big enough battery, losing half the range may still be ok. Of course is you live in a cold climate, you are doubly screwed......
Here is the link......
https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/ford-f-150-lightning-range-less-than-160-km-when-towing

well duh ..... along with the issue of trying to get a truck/trailer to a charging station
don't think anybody is buying this to tow long distances

#976 1 year ago

I'm unsure anyone is really gullible enough to believe towing anything is possible with these EV trucks. Right?
I <3 the trucks I've owned; but they've all been Gas. No way I'd consider an EV unless it's a daily driver only without the need to tow pinball trailers to various shows.

#977 1 year ago

Seriously, when will Tesla release this for sale? This is so old news there is no excitement whatsoever. $40K promised base price is laughable.

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Seriously, when will Tesla release this for sale? This is so old news there is no excitement whatsoever. $40K promised base price is laughable.

I think they’ve said the prices will be different.

I have a f-159 lightning in order. Not gonna tow much. Maybe a boat to the lake or a pin in the bed. Not worried about the range.

2 months later
#979 1 year ago

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landmaster Apparently this was a thing you could see around Southern California in the late 70s and beyond. I can’t help but think that it influenced design.

#980 1 year ago
9444A29F-7DCB-42F8-9CD5-F3AB24CF8702 (resized).jpeg9444A29F-7DCB-42F8-9CD5-F3AB24CF8702 (resized).jpegD31E673F-D076-4E0F-8627-CF628C7234FD (resized).jpegD31E673F-D076-4E0F-8627-CF628C7234FD (resized).jpeg
#983 1 year ago

I saw 4 new posts and thought shit; it's been released. Nope.

#984 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I saw 4 new posts and thought shit; it's been released. Nope.

Ha, me too. Remember back when this thing was going to happen?

#985 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

[quoted image][quoted image]

The post-apocalyptic sci-fi film Damnation Alley from 1977 felt like a mix of a 50’s disaster flick and a warning about the dangers of nuclear war. A group of survivors ad military personnel cross a devastated landscape in a futuristic, 12-wheeled amphibious vehicle called a Landmaster. It’s well remembered by science-fiction fans due to its ability to cross water and even drive over trees with its three-wheeled star configuration tires.

Built on yet another Ford drive train, the Landmaster could travel up to 60 miles per hour. It cost over $350,000 and is currently owned by a private collector in California.

That thing blew my mind when I saw the movie at a matinee back in the day. Tesla should sell the 3-wheel version as an offroad upgrade.

#986 1 year ago

I really wanted a Hummer EV, but the mark ups on those things are ridiculous. Cant find one less than 170-200 k. So I will wait for cybertruck
In mean time ordered a X Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 sounds fun.

#988 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I really wanted a Hummer EV, but the mark ups on those things are ridiculous. Cant find one less than 170-200 k. So I will wait for cybertruck
In mean time ordered a X Plaid. 0-60 in 2.5 sounds fun.

you think cybertrucks will be selling for sticker when/if they are produced? Last I read, Elon, was promising next fall to be in production. Ans what will be the actual price?

#989 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

you think cybertrucks will be selling for sticker when/if they are produced? Last I read, Elon, was promising next fall to be in production. Ans what will be the actual price?

Tesla always sells at whatever price they say, there is no markup
You order through them, thats the price you are going to pay. No middleman
Im sure its not going to be the price we all thought 3 years ago, but Im sure its not going to be 170-200k which is a 80k markup from MSRP!

2 weeks later
#990 1 year ago

Found this out the a brokerage account:

Tesla has taken delivery of a large order of Kuka robots, Electrek reported, citing a bill of lading spotted by a Twitter user going by the handle @greggertruck.
66 Kuka production line robots arrived in Houston on the 18th. The Kuka robots have been used on ALL Tesla production lines, just makes most sense at this time to be in regards to #Cybertruck $tsla Check out below! Incl. example of WHAT Kuka Robots are specifically! pic.twitter.com/3K4uwuSCaR
-- Greg (@greggertruck) December 22, 2022
The 66 robots indicated by the bill may not be a significant number for automotive production lines but it could be one of the several shipments planned, the report said.

So I wonder how many more robots need to be delivered, installed, programmed & tested before any true production begins

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Found this out the a brokerage account:
Tesla has taken delivery of a large order of Kuka robots, Electrek reported, citing a bill of lading spotted by a Twitter user going by the handle @greggertruck.
66 Kuka production line robots arrived in Houston on the 18th. The Kuka robots have been used on ALL Tesla production lines, just makes most sense at this time to be in regards to #Cybertruck $tsla Check out below! Incl. example of WHAT Kuka Robots are specifically! pic.twitter.com/3K4uwuSCaR
-- Greg (@greggertruck) December 22, 2022
The 66 robots indicated by the bill may not be a significant number for automotive production lines but it could be one of the several shipments planned, the report said.
So I wonder how many more robots need to be delivered, installed, programmed & tested before any true production begins

Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 10.29.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-12-26 at 10.29.47 PM (resized).png

1 week later
#992 1 year ago

Got my plaid x not a single delivery issue . Fast as crap my eyeballs almost fell out first time I drove it.
Comfortable, quiet and smooth so far it’ll do until cybertruck comes

#993 1 year ago

How do you like the yoke steering wheel? That’s the one thing I’m worried about if I get my Cyber Truck.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:How do you like the yoke steering wheel? That’s the one thing I’m worried about if I get my Cyber Truck.

It's weird, and I haven't figured out how to do a 180 with only 1 hand, but you get used to it. I prefer the circular wheel but really it hardly ever is an issue.

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's weird, and I haven't figured out how to do a 180 with only 1 hand, but you get used to it. I prefer the circular wheel but really it hardly ever is an issue.

worse comes to worse, you can always swap it out with a regular wheel.....

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

worse comes to worse, you can always swap it out with a regular wheel.....

Yeap. That's what I'm saying though - it's an adjustment, but not worth messing with IMO

#997 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

How do you like the yoke steering wheel? That’s the one thing I’m worried about if I get my Cyber Truck.

Its awesome, I love it. If for some reason you dont, you can easily find third party attachments that make it like a regular steering wheel.
Yoke is fun to hang on to when I drive fast... its like "ohhh shiittt!" as you hang on for life.

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Its awesome, I love it. If for some reason you dont, you can easily find third party attachments that make it like a regular steering wheel.
Yoke is fun to hang on to when I drive fast... its like "ohhh shiittt!" as you hang on for life.

Lol I did not know there are the 3rd party attachments . Ok, maybe I’ll take a look…

#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Lol I did not know there are the 3rd party attachments . Ok, maybe I’ll take a look…

yeah you wont need it trust me, just enjoy the yoke.

2 weeks later
#1000 1 year ago

SB153 should help with the weight problem... and destroy our roads... but ZERO EMISIONS

semi (resized).jpgsemi (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Crescent Springs, KE
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/20?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.