IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.
#901 2 years ago

Every few days, I enjoy sitting down with a coffee to catch up with this thread and chuckle at the commentary. Keep up the good work!

#902 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

While I don't necessarily disagree with your current assessment of Tesla I do have to laugh though... You ordered literally the worst EV on the market. The e-tron is simply garbage and any respectable review you read would tell you that...
Jeff

You can tell that to my wife, it's what she wants. She evaluated several vehicles and chose it. She laughed at the Tesla offerings. Remember, I was able to use a M3 and a X for a few days as my former employer had them for vehicle testing.
She liked the Mach-e looks and drivabilty, but not the chintzy interior. Plus, we have owned over a dozen VW/Audi vehicles. They have been very reliable, maintenance costs are reasonable, and they don't look antiquated every three years. Their dealer/service network is awesome. Both where we used to live and where we are now.

#903 2 years ago

She also liked this one (GT RS) but said it wasn't practical for her. Maybe I'll buy one if I have to let go of my antiquated, soon to be obsolete, ICE vehicles...

20211106_141504 (resized).jpg20211106_141504 (resized).jpg
#904 2 years ago
Quoted from unclerudy:

Buying American means something in Michigan. At least for cars. Elsewhere, not so much.

The Corvette is 72% American content, and assembled in Kentucky. And has a waiting list of buyers.
The factory magnesium wheels on my 2000 were made in Italy.

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The Corvette is 72% American content, and assembled in Kentucky. And has a waiting list of buyers.

What new car doesn't have a waiting list of buyers?

#906 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

What new car doesn't have a waiting list of buyers?

my local dealer LaFontian buick/GMC/Cadillac has: 68 buicks, 75 Cadillacs 350 GMC excluding HD trucks
Some model in short supply or waiting list. Sales lot about 40-50% capacity
It all depends on what you are looking for

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

my local dealer LaFontian buick/GMC/Cadillac has: 68 buicks, 75 Cadillacs 350 GMC excluding HD trucks
Some model in short supply or waiting list. Sales lot about 40-50% capacity
It all depends on what you are looking for

Lots are at about 20% full in Maryland, at least the ones I drive by

#908 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Lots are at about 20% full in Maryland, at least the ones I drive by

25-50% full depending on the Brand and neighborhood. S.E. Michigan.

#909 2 years ago

Will your Cybertruck leave you?

self (resized).jpgself (resized).jpg
#910 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Business cars.

So how many did you buy for yourself ?

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

I was confused by the “WHERE DO YOU GO TO GET YOUR TESLA FIXED???”
You have an app on your phone. You input the issue and they schedule service. If they can fix it in your driveway, they will.

If you live in Petoskey MI ( up north on the lake) a very wealthy area. It is a three hour drive from either of the two service centers.
yes there is a non-tezla auto repair place in Travers City 1.5 hours away but will they have the parts required and actually send a tech out to fix it?

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

You're being either intentionally obtuse or... My Model X didn't have that much range either but I routinely saw charging rates in excess of 350 miles per hour. All depends on how you want to look at it I guess. ICEs almost NEVER make their stated mileage number but that doesn't seem to stop people from buying them. Same thing.
Jeff

I see refueling rate of 8,000 miles per hour! 400 mile in less that 3 minutes. 2 minutes 53 seconds start to finis.
this is constant rate not variable do to battery temperature, %charged, and # of cars hooked up to the supercharger unit.

#913 2 years ago

Per elon, cybertruck is “hopefully “ next year. Bummer supply chain issues

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Recently picked up a ‘15 z06 with z07 package manual transmission. Friggin awesome car!

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

You should get a Rivian R1S. That would suit your needs.

If you’re handy, and your breaker panel is in a convenient location, you can install it for <$100.

But you must terminate the wire properly. A friends house in Houston Tx nearly burnt down. The aluminum wires to the dryer outlet were done wrong. He had the outlet catch fire. This work was done by an electrical contractor. DYI and burn the house down, will your home owners insurance pay off or decline?

#916 2 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Per elon, cybertruck is “hopefully “ next year. Bummer supply chain issues

Crazy. I wonder if other planned EVs from legacy automakers are similarly late

#917 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Crazy. I wonder if other planned EVs from legacy automakers are similarly late

Well the Mach-E is out on the streets... much to the dismay of ICE Mustang owners
F150 lightning is in production, I saw one at a local dealer.
GM Hummer is on the streets of S.E. MI. I have seen a few with regular plates, as well as the GM owned ones with Manufacturers plates.
The RIVIAN is in production, my step son has one.
GM Silverado slated for 2023 according to their Superbowl commercial.

Cybertruck expected first quarter of 2023
https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-tesla-delays-initial-production-cybertruck-early-2023-source-2022-01-13/

Dodge RAM 2024
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2024-ram-1500-electric-pickup-truck-confirmed/

#918 2 years ago

Like you saw a lightning sitting for sale? I’d love to get one ASAP!

#919 2 years ago

GM sold 26 EV’s in Q4 of 2021. 1 of those may have been a Hummer

Rivian is a couple years behind their original R1T delivery schedule. Most have been delivered to employees such as Bob’s stepson. Very cool vehicles and will become a big player in the near future.

There are no Lightning’s waiting to be sold in Ford dealerships as of now.

It was cool to see Elon show support of Ukraine by providing Starlink access. He also responded to threats of the ISS.

#920 2 years ago

Tesla just made Supercharging free for all EV’s in several countries impacted by the war in Ukraine.

#921 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Tesla just made Supercharging free for all EV’s in several countries impacted by the war in Ukraine.

I saw on facebook, but did not save it and should have:
That a Urkainian contractor for EV charging stations, shut them down remotely on the route from Moscow to Saint Petersburg

1 month later
#922 2 years ago

we just added a second 4XE to our household yesterday! guys in the 4XE group i am in are posting there data and getting 750miles on a tank of fuel utilizing the ICE/Elec combo.

4xe rubi (resized).jpg4xe rubi (resized).jpg4xe rubi plug (resized).jpg4xe rubi plug (resized).jpg
#923 2 years ago

Whoa! That is pretty badass! What kind of mileage that thing get? Might have to research this. Will it carry a pin? I have a cybertruck preorder but easily will be deep into next year at earliest i would ever see it (guessing)

Edit…jeep website says only 370 total range…would like to see 700 mile range evidence/stories

#924 2 years ago

Whoa! That is pretty badass! What kind of mileage that thing get? Might have to research this. Will it carry a pin? I have a cybertruck preorder but easily will be deep into next year at earliest i would ever see it (guessing)
Edit…jeep website says only 370 total range…would like to see 700 mile range evidence/stories

are you on FB? join JEEP 4XE Fans , they post all their data and how they did it on that page . the fabric top comes in the back in a box quite larger than a NIB pin box does, i will measure the two this weekend and post back ( got a GNR le yesterday also)
370, is ICE only, they cant state hybrid/elec as they cannot accurately predict peoples charging habits. one guy explained like this his commute is 40 miles, his first 20 he uses elec only and it switches to hybrid for the rest. at work he has access to lvl2 charging and charges again during the day and drives home in the same fashion. this alone doubles up his 370 to 740 ( if he only uses this vehicle for this situation, using for errands when he has no access to lvl2 will decrease overall range as he will have to rely on ICE possibly for the return trip) . i guess it comes down to how committed a person will be to sourcing lvl2 charging when they reach their destination. i have a lvl2 at home and have installed commercial pay per use units ( FLO ) at all of our work locations. it wont be ideal for everyone's situation , but it works great for ours. i am looking forward to learning the system and stretching the mpg's as these guys have.

#925 2 years ago

couple screenshots from the group, some of these guys are MPG magicians! and average prius is 58 mpg

21 mpg (resized).jpg21 mpg (resized).jpg22 mpg (resized).jpg22 mpg (resized).jpg
#926 2 years ago

another screenshot from one really dedicated guy in the group! i hope to get half of this!

2021 trip (resized).jpg2021 trip (resized).jpg
1 month later
#927 1 year ago

Any Cybertruck news? I miss this thread even though we now have the Ih8EVs thread.

#928 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Any Cybertruck news? I miss this thread even though we now have the Ih8EVs thread.

Not really. Tesla is still working on assembling the production line.

They shared some shots of the giant die cast machine being built in Italy that will eventually make its way to Austin.

https://www.notateslaapp.com/news/791/new-cybertruck-photos-and-giga-press-shown-off-by-idra

#929 1 year ago

9,000-ton Giga Press for the Cybertruck’s body.
maybe several months until it is in Austin, then it has to be set up, tooling will have to be tested and adjusted. Stainless steel sheet metal does not press the into formed panels like regular carbon steel alloys.

GIGA (resized).jpgGIGA (resized).jpg
#930 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:9,000-ton Giga Press for the Cybertruck’s body.
maybe several months until it is in Austin, then it has to be set up, tooling will have to be tested and adjusted. Stainless steel sheet metal does not press the into formed panels like regular carbon steel alloys.
[quoted image]

I saw a fascinating news story about this, which goes into detail about *why* the truck looks the way it looks, and how much money it saves Tesla to not have to create all the custom forms and presses for the vehicle. The body is mainly formed from a single piece of sheet metal, and bent into place (again, instead of being pressed into a form) and it's way faster and saves huge amounts of time and money. This is how they were able to get to the price point and still include all those other features.

#931 1 year ago

Is it going to be unfinished stainless steel?

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Is it going to be unfinished stainless steel?

I think it is!

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I saw a fascinating news story about this, which goes into detail about *why* the truck looks the way it looks, and how much money it saves Tesla to not have to create all the custom forms and presses for the vehicle. The body is mainly formed from a single piece of sheet metal, and bent into place (again, instead of being pressed into a form) and it's way faster and saves huge amounts of time and money. This is how they were able to get to the price point and still include all those other features.

Yes I believe it’s like a bugs exoskeleton!

#933 1 year ago

Definitely in for a Cyber truck whenever it comes out. I was going to jump on a Hummer EV but local dealer wants 350k!!! Hahaha. Im like no thanks, will either get a rolls royce or Mclaren instead or wait for Cybertruck with no price gouging

#934 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

They should start a hydraulic press youtube channel. Think of the stack of paper they could explode in that thing!!

And I'm not in the market for an EV but I can't wait for the cyber truck to hit the streets. It's just so surreal looking, I don't think my eyes will be able to believe it the first time I see one in real life. Like seeing a UFO, or the first time you see an EV launch with no sound, your brain will do a double take

#935 1 year ago

Stainless steel sheet metal skin. That sounds like a TIG welder’s dream. I’m imagining all the things I could attach to complete the cyber punk look.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from Cmartin1235:

Stainless steel sheet metal skin. That sounds like a TIG welder’s dream. I’m imagining all the things I could attach to complete the cyber punk look.

You mean truck nuts of course.

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Too bad that couldn't have been made in the US.

Yeah, no way it's going to be $40K. Any guesses to what the starting price really will be?

$350K Hummer, WTF. Anyone buying that?

1 week later
#938 1 year ago

What Happened: When asked about an update on the Tesla Cybertruck, Musk shared, "Design is finally locked."
When asked for a guesstimate on when the Cybertruck will be in production, Musk offered the following: "Middle of next year."

Elon Musk Gives New Update On Tesla Cybertruck: Here's When The Vehicle Is Now Expected
By Benzinga
— 6:40 PM ET 06/22/2022

A recent interview between Tesla Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA) CEO Elon Musk and the Tesla Owners Silicon Valley Club highlighted a look at the highly anticipated electric pickup truck from the company.

What Happened: When asked about an update on the Tesla Cybertruck, Musk shared, "Design is finally locked."

Musk added that the company got too carried away with features, which led to delays in finalizing the design of the vehicle and production.

The Tesla CEO noted that if the Cybertruck would have entered production last year, it wouldn't have mattered as it would have been hurt by supply issues.

Musk said having the Cybertruck in production along with other vehicles would have been an example of "rob one pocket to pay the other."

When asked for a guesstimate on when the Cybertruck will be in production, Musk offered the following: "Middle of next year."

Related Link: Tesla Cybertruck Featured In New Music Video By This 13-Time Grammy Award Winner

Why It's Important: An interview between Musk and the Tesla Owners Silicon Valley Club offered insights into Tesla and production, the early days of the company and got into personal topics such as space exploration, aliens, philosophy and retirement.

Musk has said previously that the Cybertruck will be the company's best product ever.

The Tesla CEO also said last year that he feared the vehicle could flop due to the design being "so unlike anything else."

The Cybertruck will compete with Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) and Rivian Automotive Inc (NASDAQ:RIVN), two companies that have delivered electric trucks to customers.

Too bad that couldn't have been made in the US.
Yeah, no way it's going to be $40K. Any guesses to what the starting price really will be?
$350K Hummer, WTF. Anyone buying that?</blockquote

I read on line the EV Hummer starts just over $100K

#939 1 year ago

Elon has also finalized the design for public transportation: The Cyberbus

etsla (resized).jpgetsla (resized).jpg
#940 1 year ago

Nice looking trapezoid bus to go with the triangle truck. Real possibilities.

A friend of mine and I discussed his $68k tesla purchase vs my $32k ecoboost mustang purchase. (I was commuting at the time, so the GT wasn't a good option). Anyway.. after a lengthy discussion about fuel mileage, charging cost, purchase price, etc.. we calculated a break even at 17 years.
Of course the topic of raping the earth for precious metals and fossil fuel for gas powered cars came up. But then we went down the rabbit hole of where do u get the energy for the electricity.. coal burning plants or nuclear? Or in a world of fantasy he mentioned wind turbines and solar. The verdict is still out. Its really NOT about fuel costs anymore.. let's stop kidding ourselves. It's also not about saving the F'n earth. Its about the perception of both. Does the buyer of a $125k tesla really give a sh about either?

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

A friend of mine and I discussed his $68k tesla purchase vs my $32k ecoboost mustang purchase. (I was commuting at the time, so the GT wasn't a good option). Anyway.. after a lengthy discussion about fuel mileage, charging cost, purchase price, etc.. we calculated a break even at 17 years.
Of course the topic of raping the earth for precious metals and fossil fuel for gas powered cars came up. But then we went down the rabbit hole of where do u get the energy for the electricity.. coal burning plants or nuclear? Or in a world of fantasy he mentioned wind turbines and solar. The verdict is still out. Its really NOT about fuel costs anymore.. let's stop kidding ourselves. It's also not about saving the F'n earth. Its about the perception of both. Does the buyer of a $125k tesla really give a sh about either?

The “I hate EVs” thread is the appropriate place for this discussion.

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Batteries require massive amounts of precious metals as well. It's not just the cost of generating the electricity, we're going to have a huge stockpile of outdated batteries in the next decade as well as massive mining operations to get enough metals to meet the demand for batteries now. And every single machine that is used in that mining and supply chain process are powered by fossil fuels.

We really need some breakthrough in battery technology. Lithium sulfur is apparently pretty promising

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

People spend money on cars for different reasons. I don't know which Tesla you speak of, but I know all mustangs (not Mach E) are two door with barely usabe back seats. No Tesla has that limted space, even the cheapest Model 3. Yours is a bad comparison. Your friend most likely enjoys greater accerleration than you with more seating and cargo capacity. However, you car looks a lot better. So many different priorites, and remember, badges also cost money. There is a reason a Taycan costs over $100K, the badge.

#944 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

the 9000 ton GIGA casting machine is not for the body of the cyber truck , this is I believe for the exoskeleton , the reason for its shape is because bullet proof 316x stainless steel it too hard to form by press . so they bent it . the cost to produce will be very inexpensive and will improve Teslas already insane margins.

these casting machines are made in Italy because Americans said it was impossible .. IDRA said it was mostly impossible , Elon said it so there is a chance then , lets do it! not only has he disrupted the auto industry but he also disrupted the way autos are built. all within the decade. serious;y crazy stuff

I ordered one, from Mexico 3 days after picking up my lower jaw off the floor .

this vehicle will eat the big 3s lunch. I guarantee it . as most f150,gmc,dodge jeep rigs are pavement princesses .

#945 1 year ago

The Gigapress is an aluminum die cast machine that will make the chassis pieces. It’s the same as the other IDRA supplied die cast machines used for Y and 3, but much larger.

They’re not used for body panels.

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

The Gigapress is an aluminum die cast machine that will make the chassis pieces. It’s the same as the other IDRA supplied die cast machines used for Y and 3, but much larger.
They’re not used for body panels.

OK it is for big die cast parts. those tools to be run still have to go thru test runs. To make sure there are no porosity issues, parts meet strength tests.

which makes me ask the question "have all the NTSA crash tests been done on pre-production prototypes? The cybertuck will weigh how much 3 tons perhaps even more?

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

OK it is for big die cast parts. those tools to be run still have to go thru test runs. To make sure there are no porosity issues, parts meet strength tests.
which makes me ask the question "have all the NTSA crash tests been done on pre-production prototypes? The cybertuck will weigh how much 3 tons perhaps even more?

Yes, stuff has to be tested and it will be heavy.

They just announced the final version, so we shouldn’t be surprised if all of the crash tests haven’t been completed.

#948 1 year ago

The frame is casted? Is that normal. Usually casted metal is frowned on. Isn't machining or stamped prefered?

#949 1 year ago

Wasn't Tesla supposed to come out with a new sport car like years ago? The roadster or something it was supposed to be Called.

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Wasn't Tesla supposed to come out with a new sport car like years ago? The roadster or something it was supposed to be Called.

The new Roadster has been put on the back burner while the Berlin and Austin factories ramp. Once they’re up and running you’ll see Cybertruck, Roadster and Semi

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 18.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.