IMG_2898 (resized).JPG
IMG_2900 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.17?AM (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought they had a huge lawsuit going on with Tesla, supposedly Rivian stole a lot of information from them. I dont know what that means long term

Think that was a different company and ended as I last recall. Rivian is backed by US automakers and Amazon money.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Think that was a different company and ended as I last recall. Rivian is backed by US automakers and Amazon money.

I keep going back and fourth , back and fourth. Theres really on three big options for SUV, cybertruck, Hummer or rivian. Tough choice for me to be honest. I had great experience with Tesla, but their cars arent exactly the best made, I love GM cars, they feel more solid, Rivian is obviously new no previous experience.

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I keep going back and fourth , back and fourth. Theres really on three big options for SUV, cybertruck, Hummer or rivian. Tough choice for me to be honest. I had great experience with Tesla, but their cars arent exactly the best made, I love GM cars, they feel more solid, Rivian is obviously new no previous experience.

You do realize that all three of those options have long sold out their pre-orders and it will be years before you can take possession of any of them, right?

You might as well wait and see them in person, get the early reviews at this point.

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

You do realize that all three of those options have long sold out their pre-orders and it will be years before you can take possession of any of them, right?
You might as well wait and see them in person, get the early reviews at this point.

I have deposit for Cybertruck, yes that will take years before I ever see one. I am #7 on the list for the Hummer EV at my local dealer, they said there is a good chance I will get it, I hope this Summer/Fall. Rivian who knows.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have deposit for Cybertruck, yes that will take years before I ever see one. I am #7 on the list for the Hummer EV at my local dealer, they said there is a good chance I will get it, I hope this Summer/Fall. Rivian who knows.

Ah well then, you're good!

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah well then, you're good!

I just hope looks arent deceiving and I can actually fit comfortably in the Hummer. Sometimes when I see the videos it looks tiny, but lets see what happens!

#509 2 years ago

No one has explained to me where the sideview mirrors are?

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

No one has explained to me where the sideview mirrors are?

I believe they're cameras now

#511 2 years ago

Curious to see if the first run of the Cybertruck will fall victim to insane mark ups like most new trucks do. (I.e. Raptors for 20k over MSRP)

I'd be more than happy to sell my place in line for 20k and wait for the next model year

#512 2 years ago

I put my reservation in pretty early. What I want to see is the performance (mileage) while towing and also what charging solutions will be available if you are pulling a trailer/camper etc.

#513 2 years ago

I would love to go with cybertruck but I’m tired of taking my current x into the service center for repairs I mean every couple months something breaks . Same will happen with the truck

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from TitusPullo:

I put my reservation in pretty early. What I want to see is the performance (mileage) while towing and also what charging solutions will be available if you are pulling a trailer/camper etc.

I have a reservation in too, and THIS is here is what I want to know that will be make or break for me.

What is the towing capacity specs?
What is the range? What is the range while towing?
Can it tow my toy hauler?
Would I be able to charge at a full hook up campground using the standard 30A, 50A hookups?

If the Cybertruck can meet the current towing I have with my current ICE truck, then I'd ditch my truck and either my Model X or 3, and go all in on the Cybertruck.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I have a reservation in too, and THIS is here is what I want to know that will be make or break for me.
What is the towing capacity specs?
What is the range? What is the range while towing?
Can it tow my toy hauler?
Would I be able to charge at a full hook up campground using the standard 30A, 50A hookups?
If the Cybertruck can meet the current towing I have with my current ICE truck, then I'd ditch my truck and either my Model X or 3, and go all in on the Cybertruck.

What is the towing capacity specs? Going to guess 10-12k lbs
What is the range? What is the range while towing? Range is published, 250 miles, 300 miles, and 500 miles not towing. Towing will be 50% of that likely.
Can it tow my toy hauler? No, assuming it requires a 5th wheel hitch.
Would I be able to charge at a full hook up campground using the standard 30A, 50A hookups? yes.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

What is the towing capacity specs? Going to guess 10-12k lbs
What is the range? What is the range while towing? Range is published, 250 miles, 300 miles, and 500 miles not towing. Towing will be 50% of that likely.
Can it tow my toy hauler? No, assuming it requires a 5th wheel hitch.
Would I be able to charge at a full hook up campground using the standard 30A, 50A hookups? yes.

good answers on all questions . you did your homework.

1 week later
#518 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I would love to go with cybertruck but I’m tired of taking my current x into the service center for repairs I mean every couple months something breaks . Same will happen with the truck

That sad to hear.My wife has a model 3 and we have had no problems in a year and a half. Do they take care of the problems under warranty or is it costing you? Im in for a truck and I think its going to be a awesome truck.I heard you can raise it up for off road, and lower it for street driveing,500-mile range and I like the idea of suporting Tesla.They are like the JJP of pinball.They are makeing all the auto manufactures and the world finally go to something that is better for the planet then gas engines.

1 week later
#520 2 years ago

"A recently-published patent on the Cybertruck’s user interface has now provided further hints that the all-electric pickup’s actual range may really be far above its initial “500+-mile” estimate. As could be seen in 21 out of the UI patent’s 33 drawings, the Cybertruck’s range was listed as 610 miles.

Several images from the patent also hint at the Cybertruck pulling a 20,000-pound trailer, as well as 20 inches of suspension travel."

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-cybertruck-range-610-miles-patent/

Obviously just a patent application, but pretty amazing to consider the high-end Cybertruck with these kinds of specs.

#521 2 years ago

As an owner of a tesla, you do not want the first deliveries of the Cybertruck.....Tesla has lots of build issues when releasing new models. I would personally wait at least 6-12 months. I waited a few years before getting the 3 and it still has some annoying issues that shouldn't be there....

1 month later
#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I’ve had my S for 4 years (2015 moodel i bought used) and have had no issues except for tires.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

They are direct sale from Tesla which doesn't have a dealer network. Their price is the price. The one good thing with not having a dealer network.

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

They are direct sale from Tesla which doesn't have a dealer network. Their price is the price. The one good thing with not having a dealer network.

no dealer network... then where do you go to get the bullet proof glass replaced ???

oh I found out from owners of Tesla cars for sale.

Two Teslas in Michigan both needed bodywork, one then had suspension damage went off the road from black ice.
they had to go to an approved center, A Ferrari dealer, in West Bloomfield expen$ive

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

no dealer network... then where do you go to get the bullet proof glass replaced ???
Two Teslas in Michigan both needed bodywork, one then had suspension damage went off the road from black ice.
they had to go to an approved center, A Ferrari dealer, in West Bloomfield expen$ive

The broken glass would probably total it out.

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

That’s odd. If I ever have an issue with our Tesla I hit a button on my phone app and they come to my work or home and fix it. Simple enough.

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That’s odd. If I ever have an issue with our Tesla I hit a button on my phone app and they come to my work or home and fix it. Simple enough.

Same. Then I Apple Pay the bill. That kind of is worth a little extra to me.

#530 2 years ago

What is their hourly rate in the Chicago and Boise areas? Is there any service or mileage charge to drive out to you?

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

What is their hourly rate in the Chicago and Boise areas? Is there any service or mileage charge to drive out to you?

I’ve never been charged.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The broken glass would probably total it out.

The glass is the easiest thing to replace, as long as they have it in stock . Like any other dealer. they replace the 2 broken ones the same day as the reveal.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I’ve never been charged.

I guess I'll wait for paynemic to respond. But everyone should ask as the warranty does not last forever.

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I dont know how that will work like the guy who had damaged suspension. you can't do a front end alignment in your garage.

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I dont know how that will work like the guy who had damaged suspension. you can't do a front end alignment in your garage.

Nope, for that I would simply go to one of the Tesla service centers in my area.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I guess I'll wait for paynemic to respond. But everyone should ask as the warranty does not last forever.

It was $400 total with labor parts etc. I didn’t really look for travel cost. I think it was not charged. I was told they prefer the ranger to fix stuff as it saves overhead?

1 month later
#538 2 years ago

Web site says HINTS AT NOVEL FEATURES .... like bulletproof glass ????

So the release date is pushed back again... they need a flux capacitor to bring the truck back from the future.

1 month later
#540 2 years ago

Still not in production, still not bulletproof

I remember a stainless steel bodied car with this wedge shape the DMC-12.
It was supposed to cost $12,000. Buy time it went into production it was $25,000

#541 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

It was supposed to cost $12,000. Buy time it went into production it was $25,000

The Delorean was only $25K in the 80's. Sounds like a hell of deal considering how cool it is, even with inflation.

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Yes, just an update to the thread. I don't speak to the cost, reliability, or warranties of Tesla, JJP, Stern, or anyone else.

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The cheapest Tesla... CYBERTRUCK!/

Just wait and see the actual price when/if they become available

Rivian about January of 2022 My stepson was to get his last month being a Rivian employee
F-150 Lightning very soon

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

The Delorean was only $25K in the 80's. Sounds like a hell of deal considering how cool it is, even with inflation.

except it was a crap car

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Just wait and see the actual price when/if they become available
Rivian about January of 2022 My stepson was to get his last month being a Rivian employee
F-150 Lightning very soon

And to your point:

https://electrek.co/2021/10/15/tesla-removes-cybertruck-specs-prices-from-website/

1 week later
#547 2 years ago

It's been very long since the release. Tesla may not get this out before there are a lot of options.

#548 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It's been very long since the release. Tesla may not get this out before there are a lot of options.

None of the manufacturers are producing very many right now - and haven’t they sold out for the next 2 years already?

I was thinking about going in on a Lordstown.. what a disaster that turned out to be. More Deeproot than Skit-B

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

None of the manufacturers are producing very many right now - and haven’t they sold out for the next 2 years already?
I was thinking about going in on a Lordstown.. what a disaster that turned out to be. More Deeproot than Skit-B

I would suggest mainstream options Ford F-150. GM with E -Silverado and E-Hummer.
Tesla has no dealer network and very few repair centers in Michigan, so why buy a truck that has no history little support, and many delays.
And then there is Rivian.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I would suggest mainstream options Ford F-150. GM with E -Silverado and E-Hummer.
Tesla has no dealer network and very few repair centers in Michigan, so why buy a truck that has no history little support, and many delays.
And then there is Rivian.

#1 reason IMO is the unbelievable complexity in finding charging stations. Tesla has their charging stations clearly mapped out and in a single app, and if they are open, they are open. The other manufacturers are depending on 3rd party chargers AND 3rd party apps and data, so you can run into situations where you drive somewhere to charge up, and find the station is closed. In areas which are not densely supported, you could be screwed.

I'm not driving cross-country on a regular basis, but this article gave me pause:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a36877585/ev-1000-11-electric-cars-long-distance-race/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 45.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valdosta, GA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

There are 1,492 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.