Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.04.26?AM (resized).png
Screenshot_20240131_100420_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1679 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1678 (resized).jpeg
giphy-5.gif
Screenshot_20240105_114414_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_1480 (resized).JPG
IMG_1488 (resized).JPG

There are 1,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.
#1 4 years ago

Tesla pickup getting announced tonight, how many pins will fit in the bed?

#2 4 years ago

half of one. But I'm excited to see it!

#3 4 years ago

Shatterproof windows...

#4 4 years ago

It's so insanely ugly I can't believe its real. But I am intrigued.

#5 4 years ago

It certainly looks futuristic. Not your typical engine area, cab, and box, designs of pick up tucks from the past 100 years.

#6 4 years ago

I woke up this morning and saw pictures of it. I am flabbergasted by the design. Not sure what to think.....

#7 4 years ago

Looks interesting. I'm bummed they chose not to do a fullsize bed, so you can't lay down a 4x8 sheet of plywood in it.

#9 4 years ago

Just bummed they didn't name it El Cyber Camino.

#11 4 years ago

Man, that's ugly. Wow, thought it was a joke.

#12 4 years ago

Pulled right out of Star Fox 1993. Designed using Super FX.
1306083021star-fox-1993 (resized).jpg1306083021star-fox-1993 (resized).jpg

#13 4 years ago

I'm wishing I didn't buy a decent car this year, I'd totally preorder one. I'd just drive around constantly quoting Total Recall.

#14 4 years ago

It looks like it's specifically designed to kill pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and decapitate anyone in a small car that rear ends it.

I don't see how that design is going to get approval outside the US market.

#15 4 years ago

Hard to say what market they’re aiming for here, but I guarantee this truck will sell out. People will buy it BECAUSE it looks so unique. I’m a little surprised they didn’t price it higher as a result.

Just watched the glass breaking part. What a bunch of nothing. The glass cracked, whoop de doo. I don’t get the uproar

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It looks like it's specifically designed to kill pedestrians, cyclists, motorcyclists and decapitate anyone in a small car that rear ends it.
I don't see how that design is going to get approval outside the US market.

I knew I’d seen it before - Death race 2000!

#17 4 years ago

to be fair, that article isnt accurate. the bullet proof part was about the stainless steel body, not the glass.

#18 4 years ago

Here is the quick vid to get all the important parts

#19 4 years ago

I'm not sure if I hate the rear end or front end more?

Tesla-Cybertruck-electric-pickup-rear-side-view (resized).jpgTesla-Cybertruck-electric-pickup-rear-side-view (resized).jpgcybertruck (resized).jpgcybertruck (resized).jpgTesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Front-3-4-in-Motion-2 (resized).jpgTesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-Truck-Front-3-4-in-Motion-2 (resized).jpg

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The glass cracked, whoop de doo. I don’t get the uproar

if you watched the whole presentation vs the clips.. there was a huge build up to that moment where they dropped a bearing (2-3x pinball size) from increasingly higher drops against a sheet of glass and it survived without damage. Then they moved over to the cruck and broke once and then again.

And it was so awkward cause Elon is already an awkward presenter.. but after that he was clearly thrown off his game by the whole thing... and had to stand in front of the broken windows for entire rest of presentation.

... so, its about the whole visual and cringe factor

#21 4 years ago

OMG, I'm sorry but that thing is hideous, is that the FINAL design?

#22 4 years ago

Tailgating anyone?

Tesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-with-Camping-Gear-and-In-Bed-Tent (resized).jpgTesla-Cybertruck-Electric-Pickup-with-Camping-Gear-and-In-Bed-Tent (resized).jpg

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Tailgating anyone?
[quoted image]

where? Endor?

#25 4 years ago

You can’t buy advertisements like this. We are talking about the car on a pinball forum. It will probably be the talk around the water cooler for weeks.

Genius!

#26 4 years ago

Order the Tesla truck and a Big Labowski ..... both should be available around the same time .

#27 4 years ago

Made out of stainless steel... a new Delorean! Back to the Future 4 anyone?

#28 4 years ago

buuuuuhahahahahahaha. they spent money designing this?

#29 4 years ago

It looks like they are still fleshing out some of the styling inside? The thing is supposed to be entirely bullet proof - literally but when they were demonstrating it they cracked the window. Coming 2021

"The most expensive version of the truck, the Tri Motor All-Wheel-Drive, will be able to carry 3,500 pounds, tow up to 14,000 pounds and go from zero to 60 in 2.9 seconds. It will also be able to drive up to 500 miles on a full charge. Base models will have a range of 250 miles."

"The base version of the truck will start at $39,900. That's only about $10,000 more than the price of a base model Ford F-150, which starts at about $30,000. But it would compete well with the cost of a nicely equipped F-150. An F-150 Lariat Super Cab, for instance, starts at about $44,000. Prices for the top end Tri Motor AWD version of the Cybertruck start at $69,900. Buyers will also be able to choose Tesla's "self-driving" option for $7,000. (The truck should be able to drive itself once the software for that becomes available.)"

191122092415-01-tesla-cybertruck-musk-1121-exlarge-169.jpg191122092415-01-tesla-cybertruck-musk-1121-exlarge-169.jpg191121213203-tesla-cybertruck-exlarge-169.jpg191121213203-tesla-cybertruck-exlarge-169.jpg

#30 4 years ago

It looks like it was made with spare parts and scrap metal.

Inspired by the polygon graphics of the early 90s video games.

#31 4 years ago

I wonder if it was someone other than Elon that suggested to pelt the windows with ball bearings if that person still has a job today?!?

#32 4 years ago

It’s a truck version of a Delorean. Just needs the gull-wing doors

I am not sure if I like it or hate it yet.

#33 4 years ago

Well, that looks like the perfect design for a vehicle...from a 1980s sci-fi movie.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, that look like the perfect design for a vehicle...from a 1980s sci-fi movie.

I was thinking Mad Max myself

#35 4 years ago

Lost me till he said 39k. Interesting no doubt.

#36 4 years ago

I don't think I could design anything uglier if I tried.

A complete and utter failure from an aesthetic standpoint and the market is reacting accordingly by punishing the stock severely.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I wonder if it was someone other than Elon that suggested to pelt the windows with ball bearings if that person still has a job today?!?

It strikes me as a planned 'accident' to get more publicity. It certainly got more media coverage because of it.

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

It strikes me as a planned 'accident' to get more publicity. It certainly got more media coverage because of it.

Agreed. And I highly doubt a buyer would even care if it would stop a bullet. Poor presenter but he does know how to drive a marketing frenzy.

#39 4 years ago

I personally think it was a Blade runner throw back prank. Given the fact Blade Runner took place this week... and this looks like something from it.

#40 4 years ago

Good point... any publicity is good publicity they say.

#41 4 years ago

Based on public sentiment, I would think that the eventual production car will look different - it is hard to think/believe that the truck as presented last night will make it to production.

I thought I had heard that it was supposed to compete with the F150 - I don't see that happening.

#42 4 years ago

I think it's awesome... but would definitely wait for a "Model 2" so they could iron the kinks out. Granted, the technology has come a long way, but I had a friend who bought the original Tesla and it was a disaster.

#43 4 years ago

I'm wishing I didn't buy a decent car this year, I'd totally preorder one. I'd just drive around constantly quoting Total Recall.

You made me literally laugh out loud-funny shit and the similarity is scary....

Tesla total recall.jpgTesla total recall.jpgTotal Recall...pngTotal Recall...pngTotal Recall..pngTotal Recall..pngTotal Recall.pngTotal Recall.png
#44 4 years ago

This is the coolest damn car I've ever seen. I'm so on board, I put the $100 down earlier. We'll see how I feel in two years when they finally start shipping.

#45 4 years ago

It seats six, which is cool. I love it

#46 4 years ago

Stick a fork in Tesla they are done. With Ford and VW coming into the game it's just a matter of time before they get bought off for 5 cents on the dollar.

#47 4 years ago

I am not sure it will be at 0.05 per but it may prove difficult for them in the long run I feel.
Anyone remember the story of the Tucker?

#48 4 years ago

Exactly!

#49 4 years ago

I am curious to see what changes get made to the design once it starts shipping. Serious or not, this was a brilliant marketing move.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I am curious to see what changes get made to the design once it starts shipping. Serious or not, this was a brilliant marketing move.

I hope it doesn't change much, I love it. First time I've really been interested in a car, it looks cool as hell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 1,487 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 30.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tesla-cybertruck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.