Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 days ago by mystman12
  • Topic is favorited by 277 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 22 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190708_155149 (resized).jpg
    20180627_152957 (resized).jpg
    20180625_200228 (resized).jpg
    20180625_200246 (resized).jpg
    lamp matrix (resized).PNG
    wpc1 (resized).png
    switchmatrix (resized).png
    wpc_95 (resized).png
    test lm339.jpg
    IMG_3194 (resized).jpg
    Capturar (resized).JPG
    image.jpg
    Switch-Matrix-Readings.png
    Pull-Up-Resistors.png
    Switch-Matrix-Circuit.png
    DIP-Clip-and-J-Clips.jpg

There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from pedroborges:

but if cpu board tested the outputs of the uln2803 in ttl, the power drive board should not be equal to the test ?

Either one will work. Sometimes it's a gray area when you get a CMOS chip that is TTL compatible. My earlier thread on the ULN2803 on the cpu should probably say CMOS rather than TTL, but again either one will work in this case.

#102 1 year ago

because, for me the uln2803 test would be done in ttl both power driver board and cpu board

I am confused with this of the integrated being ttl or cmos

#103 1 year ago

this link (https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Logic_Probe_Guide#TTL_chips) says that the integrated 74hcxx family is TTL
    the integrated 74hc237n is TTL

but the inthegrado 74hc237n is not cmos ?

#104 1 year ago

The wiki is kind of confusing because of the heading, but it does say the 74HC237N is CMOS.

"74HCXX High Speed CMOS Type"

Here's the datasheet, which states it is CMOS.

http://html.alldatasheet.com/html-pdf/15567/PHILIPS/74HC237N/499/2/74HC237N.html

It is TTL compatible (as are a lot of CMOS chips) and that, I think, is what's causing the confusion. So while it is a CMOS chip it can be tested with either TTL or CMOS on the logic probe. That is why the answer is not always black and white, but kind of gray.

#105 1 year ago

thanks,

because, but so much because the logic probe in cmos or ttl

#106 1 year ago

how to test the integrated hv5308pj ?
    this integrated is used in the display of the flipper machines

#107 1 year ago

according to what I read on this link (https://pinballrehab.com/1-articles/solid-state-repair/tutorials/122-electronics-tutorial-test-equipment) about ttl and cmos.

The link on the page that I sent you says TTL logic circuits are always 5 volts and CMOS logic circuits can be either 5 volts or 12 volts.

is that the integrated ttl are 5 volts and the integrated cmos can be 5 volts or 12 volts.

3 months later
    #108 1 year ago

Bump for a great thread and another real world example since I can't seem to find how to test a 4514 CMOS.
    Trouble shooting lamp 33 (J11-1) on my Bally Atlantis, in looking at the logic diagram in question, I need to test pin 20 which signals Q65, how on earth do I find pin 20 when the chip has 12 pins per side?

20180625_200228 (resized).jpg20180625_200246 (resized).jpg
    #109 1 year ago

Pins are numbered counter-clockwise from the dot or notch on the chip. So pin 1 in your example is on the bottom left.

#110 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I can't seem to find how to test a 4514 CMOS.

Not positive this is the right datasheet. http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/cd4514b.pdf

#111 1 year ago

Thanks, so my arrow is pointing to pin 20?
    Since it is for flasher, would I expect a pulse signal?

20180627_152957 (resized).jpg
    #112 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Thanks, so my arrow is pointing to pin 20?

Correct.

#113 1 year ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Since it is for flasher, would I expect a pulse signal?

Yes. Best to always compare to a similar circuit (another flasher in this case).

1 year later
    #114 42 days ago

I know this is an old thread, but after skimming through it I'm still not sure how to set this up. I have a Mousin' Around (System 11B) that's doing something weird on the display, and so I need to figure out where the signal is being messed up. Where should I put the red and black alligator clips? I'm assuming 5-volts (Looking through the manual I'm guessing U41 is TTL), but I have no idea where "5-volts" is. I'm also not sure where ground would be on the board.

#115 42 days ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

I know this is an old thread, but after skimming through it I'm still not sure how to set this up. I have a Mousin' Around (System 11B) that's doing something weird on the display, and so I need to figure out where the signal is being messed up. Where should I put the red and black alligator clips? I'm assuming 5-volts (Looking through the manual I'm guessing U41 is TTL), but I have no idea where "5-volts" is. I'm also not sure where ground would be on the board.

There is a 5v lug near the battery holder. There is also a ground lug on there.

#116 42 days ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

20190708_155149 (resized).jpg
    #117 42 days ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

[quoted image]

Thanks! I didn't think to read the board itself, just the manual.

#118 42 days ago
    Quoted from mystman12:

Thanks! I didn't think to read the board itself, just the manual.

Do you have any battery corrosion? That area is around where the display pia's are located.

#119 42 days ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

Do you have any battery corrosion? That area is around where the display pia's are located.

Nope, at least none that I can see. I've detailed my progress with the issue here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/system-11-all-comma-segments-lit-on-left-display-pinled

Currently pin 17 on U41 doesn't have any signal at all, while the others do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 72.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8.99
    Lighting - Other
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 15.00
    $ 400.00
    Boards
    Great American Pinball
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 140.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside