Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RandyW
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Man I have been impressed with Terry at Pinball Life. I've ordered from him a few times, and have always been very happy with the service and the products. Recently, I had purchased a set of powder coated legs from him, and after the order was placed and paid for, he called to tell me that the legs were actually sold out, and would I mind wanting until they got a new batch in. I said no problem. I then asked what color they were using, as I'd like to have my local guy powder coat my lock down bar to match. Terry said to hell with that, just send me the bar, I'll have the dude strip it and coat it with the batch of legs for a PERFECT match, free of charge. I was like "really?" he said "Yeah get it in the mail to me." Of course I did that very day. Fast forward to today. I get a call that the legs are done, but that there is a problem with my lock-down bar. It seems a speck of dirt got suspended in the clear coat and ruined it. I told him to forget about it and just mail it as is, or at least show me a pic and I'll decide. He was doing me a favor after all. Terry refused and told me that he would have it completely redone at his expense. The guy is awesome.

#2 11 years ago

He is the best in the business in my opinion.

#3 11 years ago

He's an icon in this little niche of ours.
    About to place another order with him today.

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tlamb:

He is the best in the business in my opinion.

I agree!

#5 11 years ago

Two thumbs up!

#6 11 years ago

He is definitely top shelf.

#7 11 years ago

I honestly think you would be hard-pressed to find people to shout negative about Terry.

I can go into story after story how he saved my ass (pinball wise) but let's just say he gets 3 thumbs up! :-p

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

I honestly think you would be hard-pressed to find people to shout negative about Terry.
    I can go into story after story how he saved my ass (pinball wise) but let's just say he gets 3 thumbs up! :-p

I'd hate to see what you consider your third thumb. *shudders*

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from fattrain:

He saved me at PATZ with a nice cold Oberon! May the pinball gods shine upon him!

#10 11 years ago

I've called him on three different occasions to add-on items on orders I had placed, seeing how I can be a dumb sh!t sometimes and he is always happy to do it. 2 thumbs up!

#11 11 years ago

Have ordered several times from Terry, truly a super nice guy and always willing to help out.

Thanks Terry for all your hard work.

Regards,
    Victor...

#12 11 years ago

Agreed, Terry is a good guy. He ships out orders quickly too.

#13 11 years ago

Literally just put in another order a few minutes ago.

Stuff adds up so fast, lol.

#14 11 years ago

Just opened up a box of stuff delivered a few minutes ago. Now no excuses on getting the Baywatch back on its feet.

#16 11 years ago

He seems kinda violent though...bashing people on the head with lockdown bars.

#17 11 years ago

And in other news, the sun came up in the East today.

Yes, Terry is the true article. Always top-notch service, and support.

#18 11 years ago

I just wish a bunch of the Ablaze lights weren't out of stock. Sitting on a ~$300 order for them.

#19 11 years ago

Terry rules!

#20 11 years ago

+1! Terry has always been great as he has always been very helpful and, in my opinion, has consistently gone above and beyond! Thanks Terry!

#21 11 years ago

Terry is always great. Usually my first place to look to place an order.

And it doesn't hurt that he also carries our Pins and Vids Episode 4 DVD!

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2611

Paul

#22 11 years ago

Terry is pretty awesome! (even though I still have not been lucky enough to get the sweet LE 3ft ruler)

#23 11 years ago

Had two pinball life packages come today, lol. Yay!

Tonight will be a pinball night.

#24 11 years ago

Terry is a popular guy here ,He takes care of all of us!

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Terry is pretty awesome! (even though I still have not been lucky enough to get the sweet LE 3ft ruler)

I thought he mentioned that those were gone in that thread.

#26 11 years ago

"What a jerk that guy is" was said by nobody

#27 11 years ago

I don't think anyone on Pinside has ever had anything negative to say about Terry. What a testament to Terry, his crew & operation. Now, let's make sure not to only praise him on this site, but honor him with our current & future business. After all, that's the best way to thank him!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

"What a jerk that guy is" was said by nobody

Well, maybe Mike Pacak, but lets not get that started lol...All joking aside, never had a problem with Pinball Life and they are always my first choice!

#29 11 years ago

Its my #1 place to buy from for normal parts and bulbs. His service and prices are simply the best.

Pinballife & Great Plains Electronics are as best as it gets.

#30 11 years ago

His only real downfall is he needs to get more stuff.
    He is a cool dude and his prices are always great, I always go there first when ordering and if he doesn't have it I go down the list.
    I wish I could have met him during expo but couldn't get to his party in time.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Celiac502:

His only real downfall is he needs to get more stuff.
    He is a cool dude and his prices are always great, I always go there first when ordering and if he doesn't have it I go down the list.
    I wish I could have met him during expo but couldn't get to his party in time.

Next year the open house is going to be balls out; free food, free beer, a MEGA tournament, and LOTS of (i.e. - many more than in years past) pristine pinball machines on free play. We plan on expanding to a second level just to accommodate all the extras!

Sorry, no free shuttle and no booth at Expo thanks to Mike Pacak (or me, if you want to paint it that way). We plan on putting all the money we will save directly towards making the open house bigger, better, and still 100% free.

Terry.
    www.pinballlife.com

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Next year the open house is going to be balls out; free food, free beer, a MEGA tournament, and LOTS of (i.e. - many more than in years past) pristine pinball machines on free play. We plan on expanding to a second level just to accommodate all the extras!
    Sorry, no free shuttle and no booth at Expo thanks to Mike Pacak (or me, if you want to paint it that way). We plan on putting all the money we will save directly towards making the open house bigger, better, and still 100% free.
    Terry.
    http://www.pinballlife.com

I will be there. Sounds like fun Terry. It's one of the reasons I go to Expo in the first place.

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from Celiac502:

His only real downfall is he needs to get more stuff

Yes, there are a few things I wish he would stock, but I'm sure he sees the demand and stocks things he knows he can sell quantities of.

One thing Terry: Do you suppose you could buy ALL the rubber band sizes and create kits for each specific pin? Surely you can do a better price than $16-$24 I see online.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Next year the open house is going to be balls out

Jay's not going to be happy , No open mic 2013 for me.

#35 11 years ago

The wife and I went to his shop to pick up an order I placed that morning. When we got there that afternoon he invited us into the warehouse and insisted we play his pins till WE were ready to leave. Talked with him after we my order was ready for about 20 min and he was a great guy. Ill always look on pinball life for my pinball needs first. Thanks Terry!!

#36 11 years ago

He is the best!

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballlife:

Terry.
    http://www.pinballlife.com

I would put the blame on Pacak and the almighty dollar if I get one guess.

I would love to attend Expo but in all honesty I would rather spend the day at PBL. Likely a lot more fun with or without the beer.
    Maybe I will see you next year and thanks for snagging the Stern mini-coil for me.

~Jeff in Ohio

#38 11 years ago

I have always been happy with Pinballlife/Terry. Quick to answer concerns and never rude. First place I look when ordering.

#39 11 years ago

Agreed, Terry gets the bulk of my business.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Jay's not going to be happy , No open mic 2013 for me.

Was there an open mic show starring Doug this year? I was there all day, how did I miss this! Hmmm, might have to spike the beer in that pin of yours next year.

And for the record, let's not tell Jay about the "balls out" part of the party. Has me nervous.

#41 11 years ago

if I made "Awards" I would give him one...! Remember to call him "KING TERRY"

#42 11 years ago

The Best....

#43 11 years ago

The majority of other vendors have a long way to go to come close to Pinball Life. Terry wrote the book on Customer Service. In MHO, the only way that the open house could get better is if it were a four day event. Wally

#44 11 years ago

I'll whip my balls out, if you promise not to pee on them.

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

He ships out orders quickly too.

For me, always seems to take 48+ hrs from the time my order is received before they ship. Other than that, no complaints. The savings is worth the small wait, unless I'm in a bit of a hurry in which case I order elsewhere.
    Merely constructive criticism Terry.

#46 11 years ago

Great customer service, just wished he stocked more items.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Great customer service, just wished he stocked more items.

Terry commented earlier in this thread about expanding his inventory soon. So I think we'll
    be good in that area as well.

Again, thanks Terry for all you do in this hobby...

#48 11 years ago

I agree, Terry is awesome! I just got my three switches and cabinet protectors today. Got everything soldered in and Poof!!! No more Credit Dot! And Cheap!!! Awesome service, Awesome prices and amazingly quick shipping.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terry-at-pinball-life-great-guy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.