B652232C-157A-4E06-9BB3-A97054238AC7.gif
ADADF338-4AB6-4D66-B99D-966BDC65BE8B.jpeg
749D3791-8B77-4E52-BC30-C94B0EDC13F6.jpeg
03586728-1F5F-41B6-9036-22B96550C21D.jpeg
2AF33F9D-AE70-40E8-B95E-6E8D759F74EE.jpeg
stern_unbox_yeti (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
waiting (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

zero chance Stern sold a used machine without communicating it first to the distributor...

That is a total misstatement. Zero chance like you know something, you work there, you're the one who shipped it? To say zero chance is ridiculous.

Quoted from Marcdaddy:

I will say this, I've had a issue or 2 with Stern in the past. I did not make these public,

I agree with you. You should always try to work things out with the company FIRST! However sometimes that doesn't work.

Some people on this message board trash, attack, state opinions as facts, and some are just downright bullies. If this guy is telling this story, who in the hell do you think you're to say its not true or to speculate he's a fake user. Do you have some sort of inside information? Are you saying Stern is so great they are not capable of making a mistake? I can tell you I bought Munsters LE and I wish I never had... the playfield 110% fell into the cabinet. We had to totally take the playfield out after it became totally wedged into the cabinet causing wood damage. A brand new machine 110% brand new just collapsed into the cabinet and it took three people to get it out it was so wedged in there. We had to take stuff apart to avoid causing more damage.

We had to add spacers, replace brackets, on a brand new machine... so don't tell me Stern is so perfect. Unlike this guy I didn't call Stern I called my distributor and they told me a few other people had the same problem. We fixed it ourselves. With all that being said, if this guy paid for a new machine he should get a new machine.

Is it possible Stern sent him a used machine, one that was used in their shop, taken to tradeshow yes... is it possible they told the distributor that and they didn't tell that to the customer? Sure anything is possible. Is this Sterns fault who knows because I like all of you don't know the facts. Could be an accident, could be anything. Who knows. One thing I know for a FACT that all you people who downvoted a guy for just telling his story don't know anything.

I've seen hundreds of people get on here and complain about almost every little thing imaginable about their games and the company they buy from. This guy is entitled to tell his story, so rather than bully him try to guide him in the right direction. Could it be a fake account I guess but why would someone do that? That doesn't make sense. But almost nothing around here makes sense 90% of the time.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

IF Stern and a distributor have an unhappy customer; it is on them to try to make it right. Some people are unhappy no matter what (e.g. the guy who sorta flipped out in the Alice Cooper thread as his coin door latch had a stripped screw). It is what it is.

My post was the most logical on this entire thread until your post appeared yet I get a downvote. That's pinside! You get downvoted for stating logic.

Here is the truth most of the people on pinside have probably never owned their own business but what you're staying is 110% fact. I build attractions for people and no matter what you do there is always a handful you can never make happy. This is true. It's very possible this guy, that guy, are making a mountain out of a mole hill, or making up the entire thing or what they're saying is 110% fact.

I believe people should work with who they bought this from first and foremost, but we live in a world where everyone is quick to judge. With all the non-sense that posted on these message boards, this thread is hardly one of the craziest. If the guy paid 9k for a brand new machine he should get one. BTW its not beyond Stern who I'm 110% positive watches this site like a hawk, to get on this thread and comment.

They could very easy very easy come on and say 'hey we did sell a used Deadpool LE' to a distributor and we told them that and even gave a discount. Blah, blah... or they could come on here and say this is bogus, we haven't sold a deadpool LE to anyone in 8 months.

So until you hear another side of the story to speculate and bash the guy is ridiculous.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Chance of two doppelgängers being in single pinball thread at the same point in time, whom are from the same hometown is zero. How many similarities can you spot?

Just a question do people really waste a Saturday away trying to figure out if someone has more than one account? There is a lot of people on these forums with nothing much important to do! LOL

Who cares if someone has 50 accounts? Who cares? All these silly posts on threads like this one mean nothing. In the real world there are more important things to focus your time on! Just saying.

#128 4 years ago

When you want to go to the Circus you never have to travel far because this site is full of clowns. Bottom line and this is a fact no one knows if this persons claim is false or his account is fake. Oh well back to the circus.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

That isn't a point anyone is disputing. Skepticism is certainly warranted though. I don't think that is unreasonable.

I think you missed my point. No one needs your skepticism, and that is reasonable. If someone comes on here and says something happened who are you to say it didn't? You and others created a controversy where there is none! If the guy bought a deadpool and it wasn't new and he's sharing his story, you have the option of ignoring it. Or you can do what you and some other drama queens did and create a needless accusation fest.

I also don't think its unreasonable that this guy actually did buy a deadpool and got a used one. That isn't unreasonable. Now if the guy said I bought a Stern Deadpool LE and inside was a Used Big Lebowski (LOL) that might seem really unreasonable and open for a few laughs.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill! You know considering what happened today, it really should put life in perspective. Pinball should be fun, a break from reality not dragged down in the mud so often on this website for some peoples personal amusement.

God Bless everyone in El Paso!!!

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

how are those pictures coming?

Who cares? If he posts 500 pictures its not going to impact your life, expand your knowledge of pinball, or put a million dollars in your bank account. It also won't change what happened today in El Paso, life is more important than being worried about someone who is or isn't telling the truth about getting a used game. I think this entire topic should get the DRAIN! Its dumb and worthless and spiralled down the gutter.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm not worried about this topic. I'm entertained.

LOL! I hear you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drfrightner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terrible-customer-experience-?tu=drfrightner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.