Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pinterest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

The gun on my t2 isn't rotating all the way down to the 5th target. Tried adjusting it but it seems the gun itself is shot. Anyone know where i could find a new one? thanks !!!!

#2 12 years ago

I believe MadAmusements has the motor assembly. You might want to check and make sure that the ceramic resistor on the motor board didn't fail.

#3 12 years ago

Couldn't find it on that site but thanks. Great site I didn't know about.

#4 12 years ago

What did you try to adjust? There are two switches for the motor, one confirms the end of the rotation, and to reverse, and the other is for the location to fire the ball if the shot is not made.

Check the switch for the end of the rotation, which is a micro switch at the bottom of the motor assembly, when the PF is raised. The switch may be making contact too early.

EDIT - In thinking on this, the bottom switch I believe is the return location. I will look at mine later. Regardless, if your motor is turning and returning, this sounds like an adjustment over a replacement to me.

#5 12 years ago

There is a spot in Austrailia that has one

http://www.pinball.co/

#6 12 years ago

I have adjusted the micro switch but its still having trouble. When i touch the gun its not very sturdy. Has a lot of play in it when in the rest position. I'm gonna look at it again in the morning. Ill get back. thanks atomic.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

What did you try to adjust? There are two switches for the motor, one confirms the end of the rotation, and to reverse, and the other is for the location to fire the ball if the shot is not made.
Check the switch for the end of the rotation, which is a micro switch at the bottom of the motor assembly, when the PF is raised. The switch may be making contact too early.
EDIT - In thinking on this, the bottom switch I believe is the return location. I will look at mine later. Regardless, if your motor is turning and returning, this sounds like an adjustment over a replacement to me.

The bottom switch is indeed the home adjustment. The gun will not rotate all the way down to the fifth target. I'm perplexed. It does look like the gun will go further into the home setting which makes me wonder if I can turn the entire mechanism to the left a little.?

#8 12 years ago

any ideas???

#9 12 years ago

I would take the canon motor off of the bottom of the playfield. You can see the gear assembly from the side. Take a look and see if the gears are all chewed up. Also there is a small black arm that has an allem screw attached. Make sure everything is tightened up.

#10 12 years ago

There must be a way to adjust the upper cannon section to the lower area that triggers the switches. The cannon must have to be losened and moved slightly counterclockwise, if looking at it PF normal, from above. When in the "home" position, does it appear to go too far?

Sorry, I was going to check that for you. I'll try tomorrow and write back. PM if I forgot in the morning, I'll figure it out for you.

#11 12 years ago

It does look like it may go to far but can't be sure. I tried taking it off from
above but someone has messed with it before and one of the screw heads is stripped. Going to buy something today to get it out.(thinking one of those grabit tools).

9 months later
#12 11 years ago

Hate to resurrect a thread but I'm having this exact same issue. I'm curious if you ever resolved it, Mattmain? Anyone else have a solution?

One additional note is, at least on my T2, there is a little bit of play in gun. If you wiggle it from the top it can move about 1/4" in either direction, and if I use my hand to nudge it down while playing the game with the glass off then I can hit the lower stand-up easily. Looking at mechanics underneath the playfield though, there's no obvious place to tighten anything. Hm...

#13 11 years ago

Still looking for suggestions...

#14 11 years ago

The gun doesn't turn around due to a switch. The entire rotation is mechanical. The motor runs only in one direction and the gear at the bottom is responsible for translating that motion to a full out and back. I'm guessing something is mechanically out of adjustment. Launch the gun motor test with the partially up and watch what the gun is doing from both sides. It should be helpful.

5 months later
#15 10 years ago

Ok - so I have a similar but somewhat different issue with my T2. When the cannon is in the "home" position it is not all the way to the right - so the ball sometimes gets hung up when going into the cannon triggering a "lost ball" sequence. I have adjusted the microswitch as best I could - however it appears that there is around 1/4 to 1/2 inch of "play" in the cannon assembly. There is not that much "play" in the shaft when viewed from under the playfield - but any play becomes an issue where the end of the cannon aligns with the ramp.

Anyone have any other ideas for this? I have it adjusted where it works 99% of the time now - but I am still not happy with the fact that the cannon does not return all the way centered on the ramp in the "home" position - although I can manually move it to be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 21.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 26.50
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-two-gun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.