Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Rarehero
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

OMG, I'm so tired of being force fed people's agenda in my entertainment. Movies are probably my number 1 hobby even ahead of pinball and what used to be an escape is now something I can't seem to escape from.

I always try to find redeeming qualities and am an overall positive movie goer. I did enjoy aspects of the movie and it was fun but please just try and be a tad more subtle with your spoon fed social agenda. Maybe leave out the line "you're not going to give birth to some man to save the human race, you are going to save it". I think there was literally zero percent risk that people didn't know what you were going for without that.

They took Terminator from me and got me with Aladdin too, my favorite animated movie. Somehow it needed a new full song and side storyline about it.

Attn: Hollywood, if it's truly the "light" that has been seen by the industry, it should feel much more natural rather than this extreme reactionary pandering.

Just entertain me, I don't care what sex or race is doing it on screen as long as it's a good story and executed well. Stop literally writing your scripts around your agenda.

BTW, my wife is more frustrated than even I am with all this stuff.

Rant over

#2 4 years ago

Nobody cares about your agenda.

Stop trying to cram it down our throats.

Thanks for wasting our time.

#3 4 years ago

So was it a good movie?

#4 4 years ago

If you don't like "girls" to be the heroes, this is _absolutely_ the wrong movie for you...and you should have been able to figure that out from the trailers.

I'd give it 7/10. I'm a Terminator fan from _way_ back, so I always enjoy movies in the Terminator universe. This one was pretty and loud and fun and without _too_ many plot holes. We enjoyed it.

#5 4 years ago

Do people just cut and paste these rants from Breitbart or do they come up with them on their own?

They all seem so similar. Kind of like Terminator movies.

I enjoyed this one too but I think it's clear the franchise is dead. For real this time. At least at the movies. Those of us still willing to pay $ to see these in the movies are dwindling to very little.

I'd love a Netflix series "Carl," showing the Terminator setting up his drapery biz and getting married. It's really the only place left to go!

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from VectorGamer:

So was it a good movie?

It was a fairly enjoyable movie experience but it takes a lot for me to dislike a movie as I said I'm a fairly positive movie goer. I was disappointed with how they retconned the entire previous story line including John within the first few minutes of the movie.

Dani irritated me quite a bit as she tried to run to her dead dad that was clearly a Terminator with all of it's exposed skeletal structure. She also did lots of screaming hysterically which is over played and unrealistic. Knowing that you're the target why would you want to "go home" and put others in danger. I think they hammed this victim mentality up a little thick to emphasize her transformation into the ass kicking savior of the human race she would develop into.

Loved seeing Arnold and Linda back. The human sent back to save Dani was done very well imo. I liked the antagonist Terminator as well, that was a nice way to upgrade the main Terminator enemy to heighten the threat.

PS Levi, I googled Breitbart just to see what it is so no. I'm not political in anyway whatsoever, just tired of politics and other crap entering my escape from reality.

#7 4 years ago

Man, I thought this thread would be an announcement about a new Terminator pinball machine. Guess I should have looked for the O/T symbol. Sigh...just tired of movies and other crap entering Pinside, my escape from reality.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'd love a Netflix series "Carl," showing the Terminator setting up his drapery biz and getting married. It's really the only place left to go!

That would be funny af. “Don’t do it!” Best line in the movie, delivered perfectly, lol.

I enjoyed the movie overall, sans that one line op mentioned. That was an eye roller, the whole theater moaned at that. Enough pc crap plz. I don’t care if the hero is female, a cat, or a blob of snot. Just don’t gush over it. I’m surprised the didn’t make the rev 9 a female like t3. Hell, whole cast female. Enough already, it’s why ghostbusters crashed and burned hard.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Man, I thought this thread would be an announcement about a new Terminator pinball machine. Guess I should have looked for the O/T symbol. Sigh...just tired of movies and other crap entering Pinside, my escape from reality.

Haha, I see what you did there

#10 4 years ago

It's being reported a financial flop.

#11 4 years ago

I thought it was good. Arni had some pretty funny one-liners!

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

So was the last one, domestically, but its overseas take was _tremendous_. Bet this one's the same.

#13 4 years ago

The problem is nothing they release will be as good as T2. That still remains one of the best movies ever made. While not very original, Dark Fate did a good job sticking with the formula / pacing that worked for the first two films. And the "R" rating is a must. Really a shame it flopped so hard. The last few movies have been so forgettable, I think people thought this would follow suit and just gave up.

#14 4 years ago

T1, T2 Aliens, True Lies, Avatar & most of James Cameron’s movies have been strong feminist stories with humanitarian/environmental overtones disguised as dude-bro actionflicks. We all loved them in the 80s/90s without this kind of incel alt-right complaining. If you loved T1/T2, the notion of Sarah Connor’s journey from helpless damsel to strong woman should not be strange or upsetting.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

T1, T2 Aliens, True Lies, Avatar & most of James Cameron’s movies have been strong feminist stories with humanitarian/environmental overtones disguised as dude-bro actionflicks. We all loved them in the 80s/90s without this kind of incel alt-right complaining. If you loved T1/T2, the notion of Sarah Connor’s journey from helpless damsel to strong woman should not be strange or upsetting.

What? They tricked me into liking a movie with a strong feminist lead? Those bastards. There should be laws against that.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Do people just cut and paste these rants from Breitbart or do they come up with them on their own?
    They all seem so similar. Kind of like Terminator movies.

Think tanks are involved, a narrative is created, then the message is disseminated to a “target” audience of men who can’t get laid.

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammer1021:

It made "some" money - LOL $29M against a $185M-$196M budget though. At that price point, they need to make double the budge before making money off it. The expectations are crazy in Hollywood now a days with Marvel and the big block buster movies.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

It made "some" money - LOL $29M against a $185M-$196M budget though. At that price point, they need to make double the budge before making money off it. The expectations are crazy in Hollywood now a days with Marvel and the big block buster movies.

I think this shows two things:

1.) People are over Terminator reboots. Salvation & Genesys were SOOOO bad, people are sick of the whole “we admit the last one sucked, this one cancels that one” thing.

2.) We’re officially in Streaming Land. All the streaming services are convenient, cheap, and are overflowing with content. Modern TVs & home theaters make going to the theater less-than-special. New movies are available to rent or stream within a few months. Why see anything at a theater unless it’s a must-see franchise event?

#18 4 years ago

Hopefully, if its a good movie it will bubble up and people will see it. I hate going to theaters anymore because the general public have no manners. I did go see Joker and Godzilla this year though. Nearly killed a guy tapping his feet behind my head. Streaming is killing the theaters. Why would I go to a theater when I can watch the move in hi-def 5.1 or higher surround sound in my sweats?

The Irishman is a full fledged movie from Martin Scorsese that Netflix ponied up $140 million budget for. You'll have the choice to see it on screen or at home later this month.

You're right about the previous 2 Terminator movies in that they were bad and cash grabs. What got me pumped about this one is Linda Hamilton, Arnold and Cameron were involved. It got good ratings.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from hAbO:

Hopefully, if its a good movie it will bubble up and people will see it. I hate going to theaters anymore because the general public have no manners. I did go see Joker and Godzilla this year though. Nearly killed a guy tapping his feet behind my head. Streaming is killing the theaters. Why would I go to a theater when I can watch the move in hi-def 5.1 or higher surround sound in my sweats?

Yeah, annoying inconsiderate people on their phones and whatnot make going to the movies an anxiety filled experience....I always tell people to turn them off and be quiet. You never know when someone is gonna flip out and start a fight. Last time I went to the theater, the woman in front of me kept using her phone - so I lightly tapped her seat with my foot...kept ramping it up...she finally realized I was trying to give her a message when I full force kicked her seat.

I would have gone to see Terminator, but just had a baby - so I’m home doing baby things! We watched Aquaman together the other nite on HBO...I hope she can forgive me lol

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

We watched Aquaman together the other nite on HBO...I hope she can forgive me lol

What the hell? That movie was AWFUL!!! You owe your wife!

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

What the hell? That movie was AWFUL!!! You owe your wife!

My wife was sleeping. I was holding my days old daughter while watching it lol

But yeah, Aquaman was some next level terrible...how can something that expensive look so fake and just be so all around stupid? I’ve seen video games with better physics. I’m sure Terminator must be better than THAT. Thankfully my baby won’t remember it...just noise lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-dark-fate?hl=jwjr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.