Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
File_2015-07-25_11_48_57_AM.jpeg
image-957.jpg
image.jpg
#1 8 years ago

I wanted to see if anyone has added mods to their terminator 3.

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18317

Just printed some of these. Working on adding LED's to the eyes and replacing the Arnold head in the back. Arnold rules, wearing an RDS T2 shirts as I type this in fact, but that plastic toy looks cheep and covers up a fun part of the game. Also might 3D print some weapons and mount on the mid ramp. Wish there was a way to have them light up as they are collected in the game, but that's above my knowledge level and since they aren't lit on the play-field it's not a quick solder job.

I'll post photos when done. Let's keep this thread going. It's a great looking machine and I think we can do some great stuff. Did you see the LED ramp mod? So sick.

#4 8 years ago

Not a mod per se, but I always thought the full blue flasher some behind the TX head looked crappy, so I threw a purple Comet LED strip into it and it looks 100 times better. Lights her up nicely, giving her "eyes". Photo doesn't show it too well.

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#5 8 years ago

Currently printing...
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:392804

As stated above... going to add some LED's to the eyes. The other model didn't print amazing so I am hoping this one does.
File 2015-07-25, 11 48 57 AM.jpegFile 2015-07-25, 11 48 57 AM.jpeg

3 months later
#6 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

3D printing on the m3d sucks. Can't handle it until they do some software updates. So I found a skull. Gonna paint it and drill out the eyes for LEDs.

2 years later
#7 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Not a mod per se, but I always thought the full blue flasher some behind the TX head looked crappy, so I threw a purple Comet LED strip into it and it looks 100 times better. Lights her up nicely, giving her "eyes". Photo doesn't show it too well.

Do you remember what part number you got on that led strip for the tax eyes by chance?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Not a mod per se....

nice ! while sometimes, simple & easy tricks are just better than very good

on mine, about the TX head : i've removed the "single" light bulb, while keeping the 2 flashers, 1 in the head, 1 near to the right side (under a blue cap)

in the head :

- placed a transparent blue film behind the eyes
- at the back of the head, closed the space with a carton sheet, including a aluminium sheet glued on it (facing inside of course), as it no more reflexion on the back panel behind, and better reflexion inside the head
- using a white flasher bulb (not LED)

than, when TX is on :

eyes are soft blue, sides of the head (2 demi circles holes) are fading white warm... its top !
while in attract mode (end of game), these flashers are cycling on-off with the reds ones on the back panel, red reflecting on the head... its even better

2 years later
#9 3 years ago

Hi there,
is anybody here who installed a pinsound board in a T3 ? Is it worth to do that ?

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Hi there,
is anybody here who installed a pinsound board in a T3 ? Is it worth to do that ?

#11 3 years ago

Is that your mix ? I would really appreciate if I could get that mix

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Is that your mix ? I would really appreciate if I could get that mix

Mix ist completely finished yet so won’t be available for a while , but it won’t work without a Pinsound setup anyway
Cheers

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-3-mods?hl=jim-beam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.