Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thumbs_up.gif
#1 11 years ago

I've left a problem for a year or two.
It was getting the message on start up "Gun cannot find home." and would swing back and forth before randomly stopping at a new point each time.
Now the new one after sitting a while is the sound is acting weird too at start up. Basically, they're all screwed up.
One thing I see with the CPU board and sound board is part of the board have a wet look? I don't know whether it's like a silicone spray from a repair or something or worse.
Any common problems people know without having to swap out the CPU and sound board?

#2 11 years ago

very common problem, the moving cables under the cannon has a broken wire. replace the cable and make it longer than the original one. hope this helps

#3 11 years ago

there's most likely a pair of switches near the gun motor. check to see if they are working

#4 11 years ago

Yep ! start with replacing the cable that leads to the Cannon , I changed mine and it's all good now .
Re-calibrate the cannon and your in business , If it doesn't calibrate check the proximity switch under the cannon .

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Yep ! start with replacing the cable that leads to the Cannon , I changed mine and it's all good now .
Re-calibrate the cannon and your in business , If it doesn't calibrate check the proximity switch under the cannon .

I would first test the two switches, as is one is not working, that would do it. There is a home, and one other, but I forget what that one is called at the moment, but it aligns with just above the top target.

You can go into the gun test, and it will move, and should visibly show when the switches are activating. If the home is not working there (which it likely won't be), then test to make sure you hear a click and that the arm is being activated - could just be an adjustment on the arm needed. With the PF up in the test, activate the arm of the home switch, does it register?

Then use a DMM and test the switch for continuity when you close the switch - could be a faulty switch. If the switch is fine, then I would look to the cables. You can buzz out both ends of these wires too to check. I had a similar cable issue with my CV ringmaster had.

I would check in that order first though, as if it is a switch issue, you don't want to spend $ on stuff you don't need, especially shipping to where you are

#6 11 years ago

Boy...you guys are GOOD!!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

#7 11 years ago

Wow! What great help from all of you. Thanks guys. I'll get stuck into it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-problems-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.