Terminator 2 - Price Check

By scampcamp

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am looking at picking up a Terminator 2 that works well. Cabinet.. playfield.. backglass good. Has some cosmetic gun damage. Thanks

#2 9 years ago

depends on what needs to be replaced, and pf condition. I spent 1800 on a very nice example a couple months ago, and probably put a hundred on replacement parts.

I'd check the condition of the cannon motor and gears, as the replacement for this is around 250$ I believe?

#3 9 years ago

thanks.. how would I go about doing a quick check of the cannon motor/gears?

#4 9 years ago

If everything is GREAT...$2K. Go down from there.
Is the H/K Ship there? Is it broken?
Any mods? LED's?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

thanks.. how would I go about doing a quick check of the cannon motor/gears?

if you go look at the machine, ask him if you can inspect it. I'd first go into test mode-cannon/gun test, then test the gun. if that works out ok, or doesn't, I'd still open the pf and look at the motor board and inspect the gears (you can partially see them, but would need to disconnect 2 connectors and pull the 1/2 E clip from the gun shaft then pull 4 mounting screws under pf to remove the entire assembly. lol, but I'm sure he/she wouldn't be into that idea. As long as it moves ok and consistently in gun test you should be good. Its pretty typical that gunk gets built up on the shaft of the gun and in the housing and need to be disassembled and cleaned anyways.

Good luck

#6 9 years ago

Thanks.... I'm pretty sure he would let me check it out.

#7 9 years ago

1900 for mine. all working with HK tail ship broken. Playfield in descent condition. This was around 3 months ago.

#8 9 years ago

Need pics.

#9 9 years ago

Man they are 2500 to 3500 up here for good condition.

#10 9 years ago

The one I'm looking at is a little dirty but the playfield seems real nice. The cannon works great.

If I were to put LEDs in this game... would I need to replace or modify any of the boards?

I read this game always had the diamond plating... so why would there be wear on the playfield?

#11 9 years ago

Check Skull and make sure Drop Target under it works well.
Play a bunch of games on it. Check all switches, etc...

#12 9 years ago

It sounds like this game needs a few items fixed and a shop job. It should be in the sub 2000 range. I would say 1500-1700 max. You may need to spend a few hundred bucks to get it back in good shape. Make sure the inserts aren't rising too much and the cannon functions properly.

#13 9 years ago

$1500-3500....? Wow... that a big difference.. must be location.

#14 9 years ago

bump... thanks

#15 9 years ago

Run your hands over the inserts to make sure they are level, the large inserts are notorious for raising and lowering causing wear at the edges of the inserts.

yes, $1500 to $3000 all based on condition...

1 week later
#16 9 years ago

Thanks for the tip Schwaggs... it feels pretty smooth. What causes the raising & lowering of the inserts & what does somebody do to stop it from occurring?

#17 9 years ago

temperature change and humidity. wood and plastics contracting at different rates. tips and pics in vids playfield restoration guide

#18 9 years ago

"and expanding"

1 week later
#19 9 years ago

I honestly wouldn't pay over 1200 if it had any cosmetic damage. I've seen too many people trying to sell their T2's & maybe get 1000 if it's all there & working. The only ones I see actually selling over 1k are to people who are not looking how this game can get boring in a short time & don't actually look at what they are selling for.

It's a BIG difference what somebody asks for the game & what somebody gets.

#20 9 years ago

Paid 2200 for mine 2 years ago here in Canada , it was very filthy , mylared with broken H/K ship , but once cleaned and mylar removed , the playfield was pristine under that old mylar

Mike

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 21.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 27.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-price-check-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.