12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by R_Coles
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider R_Coles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hi Guys,

I have a T2 pinball machine. Every now and then all of the lights will dim on the machine and the flippers will cease to work. Sometimes it will come back up and play fine but other times it will not come back up until you restart the game. I think this has to do with a short in the machine somewhere but cant be sure. Any advice on where I should start looking for the problem? It seems random when it happens. Thanks for your time!

#2 12 years ago

One more thing...the DMD display stays on fine and does not dim when this happens.

#4 12 years ago

Thanks man, I will need to get a voltage meter and check the outlet. I do not have another pin on that particular outlet or circuit no. I have a TZ plugged into another outlet and I have never had problems with that machine, I'll plug the T2 into that outlet and see if it happens again.

#5 12 years ago

I looked at the outlet and cofirmed that the power output is not affecting the machine. I also tried plugging it into different circuits, including the one my TZ is plugged into. Still have the same results. Any other ideas? Whenever i turn it on the back box and dot matrix light up fine. Just no GI or playfield lights. Also, i can press start and the game functions like it is playing, but nothing happens.

#7 12 years ago

Craig, no not at all. It used to happen every once in awhile during gameplay, but when i turn the machine on this morning, its starts up and the lights are very dim, and nothing works. Sometimes the lights do not come on at all. Its like there is power loss somewhere. The backbox and DMD are unaffected though.

#8 12 years ago

Also, just noticed that J127 on the power driver board is slightly burned. What is this connection responsible for? Could this be the culprit? I reseated it and it seems to be working fine now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider R_Coles.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-power-troubleshooting?tu=R_Coles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.