• Latest reply 6 years ago by tomh52722
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5148 (resized).JPG
IMG_5149 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Last weekend, I changed the batteries in my T2 and have had power issues ever since. Double checked the batteries, ribbon cable connections, etc and checked all of the fuses with my multimeter (replacing two). The game makes a humming sound when you power it on, but does not light up or make the normal sound when it is running the diagnostics at startup. I have checked everything I can think of and am currently thinking that the led light (d19) on the CPU board always being lit (versus turning off at normal operation) might be a clue. Not sure what to do next or what the issue might be though. Please help. I am stuck and would really appreciate any advice. Thank you

IMG_5149 (resized).JPGIMG_5149 (resized).JPG

IMG_5148 (resized).JPGIMG_5148 (resized).JPG

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Tried it with the batteries out?

Just removed the batteries, then turned on the game, but no change.

#6 6 years ago

Just tried the service outlet and there is power. I need to read up again on how to test for voltage though to say whether the 5v/12v works for sure though. I will do this tomorrow and post what I find out. Thank you for responding

#7 6 years ago

Ok I checked the voltage coming into the CPU board at j210 and it reads correctly 5v and 12v. Not sure what else to try. Did try to check the bridge rectifier but am not sure I if have to remove it from the board (with a special tool I think) to test it (the pinside diagram shows one that looks different than mine). So confused.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

If you're getting voltage the bridge rectifier should be good.
Tried reseating any socketed chips?

I have never tried this (ever) but can figure it out and give it a try if you think it is the logical next step. Not even sure at this point which are the socketed chips. Is there anything else you would try first?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The ASIC and the three big chips above it are socketed. Did you try without the ribbon cables?

I just unplugged all of the ribbon cables. No change to the led lights, but after I unplugged all of them it made the sound that you hear when you first turn it on and it is checking for errors. Nothing else though

#12 6 years ago

Also, I just unplugged the clip on j210 and some of the GI lights and some other lights came on, the gun moved back and forth a few times (display still was almost all of the way out), then it stopped and the lights all went out again. I am thinking j210 might be the issue but not sure how or what to do

#14 6 years ago

Ok every time I unplug j210, it blows fuses f111 and f112. Please let me know if anyone has any advice. Thanks

#15 6 years ago

I don't know if it's checking but do know it makes the initial sound that you hear when you turn it on. Maybe it's not called a clip but when I unplug what is plugged into j210 all hell breaks loose

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So the display is dead? Did you not plug the third ribbon cable back into the MPU?
Why did you unplug J210? All it does is provide the voltage to the board, and you said the voltage was good.

Yeah I guess unplugging it was not the best move. Still learning! Replaced the fuses again and stuck in the same spot. Yes the display is dead and all ribbon cables are plugged in.

#20 6 years ago

I would really appreciate any additional advice that might be out there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomh52722.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-power-issue?tu=tomh52722 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.