terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite LA 2 (resized).jpg
terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 03 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 31 13 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 28 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

The tittle says it. It's my new project: To make an alternate translite for Terminator 2 - Judgement Day.
This one wasn't in my to do list but after many requests I decided to take a shot at it.
The goal is the usual, to make the art match with the machine and hand drawn Williams's style as close as possible.
As for ideas, I want to do the same structure as the original: A main head in the center with 2 more characters on the side. But I will ad more characters and a ton of action (hassan style) around it.

Let's start with the light map

T2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Can’t wait to watch the progression.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im going to run out of wall space if you keep it up...

Quoted from majicman110:

Your posts are one of the biggest reasons I log onto pinside everyday.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I still smile when I pass my TWD.

My ego couldn't be any higher when I read comments like this! ♥
Thank you!

#14 4 years ago

I had intentions of putting updates but this week turned out as a very busy week.
I apologize to all the fans
To compensate this and to entertain the bored ones, here is the first pf art I made for a virtual machine but can totally exist one day:

1bf41623698151.5632d2c8f1f74 (resized).jpg1bf41623698151.5632d2c8f1f74 (resized).jpg

this was the final result:

04a9d223698151.5632d2c8ea35b (resized).jpg04a9d223698151.5632d2c8ea35b (resized).jpg

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

Had more time this week and I already have all the structure and ideas thought and on paper. Started the first sketches and now I will start to post regularly with updates.
As I said before, I want to maintain the original structure: head in the middle and 2 characters on the sides.
Here we will have the Arnold with the screwed up face on the left and the T1000 on the right:
(there are no shadows or light here. Just basic line art)

T2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#16 4 years ago

A little change of plans. The time travel bulb is out and the middle endoskeleton is gonna be lower and not behind the lettering.

#17 4 years ago

T1000

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What's wrong with the original??? As depicted by my profile pic; I love that backglass!

There is nothing wrong with the original. The original is great and I also love it.
But the original was made in a way to not disclosure any spoilers of the movie. For example, the T800 being a good guy. That is why the center face has a very mean expression and the right is the t800 from the first movie.
I wanted to do a version where you can see the t1000, the bike, Sarah Connor, John Connor, etc etc, and have more action.

#21 4 years ago

Another T1000
(the fire coming out of it is to determine the position only. Will be well drawn :p )

#24 4 years ago

This is the final adjustment to the position of the 3 main characters. Made a new light map and now it's way more accurate.
This has been a slow start but I want to pick this up with more time for it very soon.

#25 4 years ago

John on the bike..

1 month later
#26 4 years ago

Had a hard month but all is back to normal now and will finish this up in the next weeks.
A little more details on the left side:
(this is the line art only. It has no shadows or light yet)

T2 alternate translite 1 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 (resized).jpg

#29 4 years ago

Yes, Sarah will be on the right :p

#30 4 years ago

A few more details..

#32 4 years ago

Main details are done. Now on to backgrounds and other details. After it's shadows and light and then the color is added.

#34 4 years ago

All the main details are done. Ready for lights and shadows
The main characters will be with some nice colors, and all the background and the rest of the details will be blue and dark blue, mixed with some explosions or shots here and there. This will make the drawing pop up even more with more contrast.

Made a test with the art in real size and it looks very nice

t2 (resized).jpegt2 (resized).jpeg

#35 4 years ago

If anyone doesn't want to keep coming to the topic for updates and would like to know when this is ready, please send me your email. A simple pm with the email is enough and I will let you know when it's ready.

1 week later
#36 4 years ago

All the shadows and lights are done (for now, lol). Next is to add color. This will be ready in a week or so.

#37 4 years ago

already had the fire with color but forgot to turn on the layer:

Will do a better mockup next week :p

T2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#40 4 years ago

Color is in. Just sent for the printer guy so I can get a test print and get ready for the final details.

T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg

T2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

The original translite has a royal blue tone but the rest of the machine has baby blue overall. The movie part where you see the skulls and all the war action has a royal blue tone as well so I think will stick with it.
The translite with the blues turned into baby blue would look like this: (it matches the pf blue tones but I don't think this is the way to go)

T2 alternate translite 3 babyblue (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 3 babyblue (resized).jpg

#41 4 years ago

Side by side:
(royal blue tones on the left and baby blue on the right)
The left is much more aggressive and powerful

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 21.02.26 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2019-11-30 at 21.02.26 (resized).jpg

#53 4 years ago

Thanks for all the words!!

Now I have doubts in my mind! Noooo!! I thought every one was going to say left lol
Will wait for the test print to see how it looks on the machine.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

How many pins have you done so far?

The main ones I have done are Congo, TWD, DM, BSD and Thunderbirds.
I used a different technique on each one. I like to do various techniques and try new things all the time. On T2 I am using a much more realistic hand drawn technique.

congo (resized).jpgcongo (resized).jpg

twd (resized).jpgtwd (resized).jpg

demo man (resized).jpgdemo man (resized).jpg

bsd (resized).jpgbsd (resized).jpg

tb (resized).jpgtb (resized).jpg

#56 4 years ago

Lamp position test is done. All the gi lights and flashers are on the correct position as I wanted. You can put 2 red leds on the main face's eyes and one on Arnold on the left, on his endoskeleton eye.

As usual the pics don't show the power of this correctly. The pics all look like shit but in person it looks amazing. Tried my best and even changed from strong leds to normal bulbs.
Already know which adjustments to make

With strong cold leds. With red leds on the center eyes and the left: You can't notice much with the pics:

Photo 05-12-2019, 10 59 51 (resized).jpgPhoto 05-12-2019, 10 59 51 (resized).jpg

With normal bulbs. (Red leds on the eyes are still in place):

Photo 05-12-2019, 15 31 13 (resized).jpgPhoto 05-12-2019, 15 31 13 (resized).jpg

Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 03 (resized).jpgPhoto 05-12-2019, 15 41 03 (resized).jpg

Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 28 (resized).jpgPhoto 05-12-2019, 15 41 28 (resized).jpg

Video that shows the flashers on the correct place hehe. There is one on the center face, right in the middle, that is not working on this machine:

#57 4 years ago

About the blue tones:
Making it baby blue to match the blue tones of the pf totally changes the machine. It looks like another machine and it has nothing to do with the movie. In many machines the pf doesn't match the rest of the game, sometimes even the cabinet decals have nothing to do with the rest. This one has everything to do with the game, but the strong blue needs to be strong to make the translite as powerful as possible.
I might offer the 2 options if the opinions continue to be divided

#58 4 years ago

Added a few reflextions and adjustments here and there. Turned down the presence of those 2 hunter killers in the back a little because they had way too much influence on the art.

terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpgterminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg

This should be done and ready in a few days.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

However I do think these pics look great.

Yeah they do! What I mean is that compared to what your eyes see they look like shit hahah because it's so much better in person

1 week later
#61 4 years ago

Changed the title to BIG SURPRISE because I got a big surprise for the fans!: A new totally different version! The LOS ANGELES 2029 A.D. version

The story: For many years I had this idea to make a LA 2029 AD version for the T2 machine because it has so much more to do with the machine and the game. So much more about this part of the movie (after the nuclear war) than the rest. So this idea seemed like a good one but never got the chance to make it.
Before I started this project, the first thing that got into my mind was that this was a good chance to go ahead with this idea but I was never 100% sure of the outcome. Or if it was something worth putting out for everyone to see. So I decided to make it at the same time the main one was being done, but kind of in a secret way lol. Now that both are finished I am totally happy with this version so I decided to show. I hope you guys like it.

The LOS ANGELES 2029 A.D. version:

T2 alternate translite LA 2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite LA 2 (resized).jpg

terminator translite mockup LA 1 copy (resized).jpgterminator translite mockup LA 1 copy (resized).jpg

The main version:

terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpgterminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg

#66 4 years ago

Haha I'm glad you guys like them
I also am gonna put the la 2029 ad version on my wall. It's too good hehehe

#67 4 years ago

These would also look nice with a full led machine

T2 alternate translite leds1 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite leds1 (resized).jpg

T2 alternate translite leds2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite leds2 (resized).jpg

#68 4 years ago

Wanna join the waiting list? The printer guy says everyone is closing for Christmas so we got to do it this way
Don't let it get away!

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/terminator-2-hand-drawn-alternate-pinball-translite/

#69 4 years ago

Another mockup and some flasher animation to show where they will be placed.

t2 1 (resized).jpgt2 1 (resized).jpg

t2 2029 (resized).jpgt2 2029 (resized).jpg

t2-flashers 1.gift2-flashers 1.gif

t2-flashers 2029.gift2-flashers 2029.gif

2 weeks later
#72 4 years ago

There has been a little delay. Release will be shortly

1 week later
#73 4 years ago

It's out!!

3 weeks later
#74 4 years ago

Thank you Rob for the pic
love it

96c0ab89ad3754b0ae6db9844da481a4579bbece (resized).jpg96c0ab89ad3754b0ae6db9844da481a4579bbece (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hassanchop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-original-translite-hand-drawn?tu=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.