terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite LA 2 (resized).jpg
terminator translite mockup 1 copy (resized).jpg
T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 03 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 31 13 (resized).jpg
Photo 05-12-2019, 15 41 28 (resized).jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

The tittle says it. It's my new project: To make an alternate translite for Terminator 2 - Judgement Day.
This one wasn't in my to do list but after many requests I decided to take a shot at it.
The goal is the usual, to make the art match with the machine and hand drawn Williams's style as close as possible.
As for ideas, I want to do the same structure as the original: A main head in the center with 2 more characters on the side. But I will ad more characters and a ton of action (hassan style) around it.

Let's start with the light map

T2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#2 4 years ago

Oh yeah!! Another Fed original coming. Can’t wait to watch the progression.

Bring it on!!

#3 4 years ago

Awesome! It will be fun to watch the progression!!

#4 4 years ago

Im going to run out of wall space if you keep it up...

#5 4 years ago

I feel your pain

#6 4 years ago

awwww man. Now Im gonna look like a dick =(

#7 4 years ago

Your posts are one of the biggest reasons I log onto pinside everyday. It is amazing to watch these progress and I absolutely can't believe how open and accepting you are of criticism/feedback. Ordered a dm and will be getting one of these as well.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

awwww man. Now

There is always room for more hand drawn t2 art in this world. I for one am planning on buying yours as well.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

There is always room for more hand drawn t2 art in this world. I for one am planning on buying yours as well.

I mean we are talking about a movie that I purchased on vhs, then the vhs directors cut, the dvd, the ultimate edition dvd, bluray, digital, digital extended edition and 4k blu ray.

Not to mention that a nos translite will set you back $250-300 for this machine, so I'm basically saving money still by buying one from each of you guys. Then get a backlit frame and swap them out whenever I want. Plus finally getting sarah connor and the T1000 some love = the ultimate win. At least for me.

#10 4 years ago

Yeah! Can’t wait to see this one. I still smile when I pass my TWD.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Can’t wait to watch the progression.

Quoted from cosmokramer:

Im going to run out of wall space if you keep it up...

Quoted from majicman110:

Your posts are one of the biggest reasons I log onto pinside everyday.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I still smile when I pass my TWD.

My ego couldn't be any higher when I read comments like this! ♥
Thank you!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I don’t think so at all... there were two TWD translites and as nice as hassanchops was I preferred the style of flipordies so I went with his. You had already posted you were working on T2, it’s all good in my books. This is art as far as I’m concerned and it is subjective so the more to choose from the better.

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

The tittle says it. It's my new project: To make an alternate translite for Terminator 2 - Judgement Day.

I'm glad you got the spelling right on the artwork.......

cause I didn't lol.

#14 4 years ago

I had intentions of putting updates but this week turned out as a very busy week.
I apologize to all the fans
To compensate this and to entertain the bored ones, here is the first pf art I made for a virtual machine but can totally exist one day:

1bf41623698151.5632d2c8f1f74 (resized).jpg1bf41623698151.5632d2c8f1f74 (resized).jpg

this was the final result:

04a9d223698151.5632d2c8ea35b (resized).jpg04a9d223698151.5632d2c8ea35b (resized).jpg

1 week later
#15 4 years ago

Had more time this week and I already have all the structure and ideas thought and on paper. Started the first sketches and now I will start to post regularly with updates.
As I said before, I want to maintain the original structure: head in the middle and 2 characters on the sides.
Here we will have the Arnold with the screwed up face on the left and the T1000 on the right:
(there are no shadows or light here. Just basic line art)

T2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 copy (resized).jpg

#16 4 years ago

A little change of plans. The time travel bulb is out and the middle endoskeleton is gonna be lower and not behind the lettering.

#17 4 years ago

T1000

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

This one wasn't in my to do list but after many requests I decided to take a shot at it.
The goal is the usual, to make the art match with the machine and hand drawn Williams's style as close as possible.
As for ideas, I want to do the same structure as the original: A main head in the center with 2 more characters on the side. But I will ad more characters and a ton of action (hassan style) around it.
Let's start with the light map
[quoted image]

What's wrong with the original??? As depicted by my profile pic; I love that backglass!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

What's wrong with the original??? As depicted by my profile pic; I love that backglass!

There is nothing wrong with the original. The original is great and I also love it.
But the original was made in a way to not disclosure any spoilers of the movie. For example, the T800 being a good guy. That is why the center face has a very mean expression and the right is the t800 from the first movie.
I wanted to do a version where you can see the t1000, the bike, Sarah Connor, John Connor, etc etc, and have more action.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

There were several of us that requested it. He was actually hesitant at first but we kinda talked him into it because originals are hard to come by and we thought having one with the t1000 as b.d Linda Hamilton etc would be cool. This was before cpr started selling mirrored repros.
Plus I'm pretty sure I am going to get one of these for around $100 instead of buying a cpr repro for $250. But i need something because my current translite is shot.

#21 4 years ago

Another T1000
(the fire coming out of it is to determine the position only. Will be well drawn :p )

#22 4 years ago

looking good, following!

#23 4 years ago

Cool look forward to seeing this! And that Scarface artwork is fantastic!

#24 4 years ago

This is the final adjustment to the position of the 3 main characters. Made a new light map and now it's way more accurate.
This has been a slow start but I want to pick this up with more time for it very soon.

#25 4 years ago

John on the bike..

1 month later
#26 4 years ago

Had a hard month but all is back to normal now and will finish this up in the next weeks.
A little more details on the left side:
(this is the line art only. It has no shadows or light yet)

T2 alternate translite 1 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 1 (resized).jpg

#27 4 years ago

Ok let me think about this. You have got to go with sarah connor opposite of john. Then the frozen t1000. What else is a must have on the right side? Miles dyson?

#28 4 years ago

pretty sure the only time John held a gun was when he was reloading for Sarah when they were escaping pescadaro , but it's been a while since I've seen the flick

#29 4 years ago

Yes, Sarah will be on the right :p

#30 4 years ago

A few more details..

#31 4 years ago

That's great and all but John should be holding a laptop with a credit card reader or the T2 arm enclosed in glass, not a handgun.

#32 4 years ago

Main details are done. Now on to backgrounds and other details. After it's shadows and light and then the color is added.

#33 4 years ago

love the HK to the top left, the lower one. I looks like it should be hovering over the 5 target bank!

#34 4 years ago

All the main details are done. Ready for lights and shadows
The main characters will be with some nice colors, and all the background and the rest of the details will be blue and dark blue, mixed with some explosions or shots here and there. This will make the drawing pop up even more with more contrast.

Made a test with the art in real size and it looks very nice

t2 (resized).jpegt2 (resized).jpeg

#35 4 years ago

If anyone doesn't want to keep coming to the topic for updates and would like to know when this is ready, please send me your email. A simple pm with the email is enough and I will let you know when it's ready.

1 week later
#36 4 years ago

All the shadows and lights are done (for now, lol). Next is to add color. This will be ready in a week or so.

#37 4 years ago

already had the fire with color but forgot to turn on the layer:

Will do a better mockup next week :p

T2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

#39 4 years ago

Wow that has a lot going on. In my opinion Arnold and Linda's faces need further work. The others are a good resemblance of the actors.

1 week later
#40 4 years ago

Color is in. Just sent for the printer guy so I can get a test print and get ready for the final details.

T2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 3 (resized).jpg

T2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 2 (resized).jpg

The original translite has a royal blue tone but the rest of the machine has baby blue overall. The movie part where you see the skulls and all the war action has a royal blue tone as well so I think will stick with it.
The translite with the blues turned into baby blue would look like this: (it matches the pf blue tones but I don't think this is the way to go)

T2 alternate translite 3 babyblue (resized).jpgT2 alternate translite 3 babyblue (resized).jpg

#41 4 years ago

Side by side:
(royal blue tones on the left and baby blue on the right)
The left is much more aggressive and powerful

Screenshot 2019-11-30 at 21.02.26 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2019-11-30 at 21.02.26 (resized).jpg

#42 4 years ago

WOW!!!
That is all that needs to be said... But, I'll add... Amazing job!

#43 4 years ago

I prefer the right side.

Great work again.

How many pins have you done so far?

#44 4 years ago

Left for me, much more striking. Please spend a bit more time to improve Linda's facial resemblance.

#45 4 years ago

John looks way better not holding a gun. Really like the bike crashing into the choppah

#46 4 years ago

Left one looks better...

#47 4 years ago

Look phenomenal Fed! I actually prefer the right side as it looks more realistic with regards to the “metallic” tone. The left clearly looks filtered but it does provide a “darker” and more aggressive tone for sure.

#48 4 years ago

You sir have an Insane talent! Amazing work no doubt.

#50 4 years ago

Well done!! Like the one on the right.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-original-translite-hand-drawn?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.