View topic image gallery

Capture.PNG
minigun (resized).PNG
WIP.jpeg
sidebyside.jpg
windowbacklit.jpg
onthepin.jpg
#1 4 years ago

Had this is the works for a reeeeeallly long time, was hoping not to conflict with Hassanchop but he started his, hopefully people buy both :p

This will be a direct replacement for the T2 translight, and ties in with the movie a lot better.

This is the old "in progress pic":
WIP.jpegWIP.jpeg

Here's the uncut sheet on the pin:
onthepin.jpgonthepin.jpg

Here's the translight put up against the window glass to let light through, so you can see the details:
windowbacklit.jpgwindowbacklit.jpg

And here it is side by side with the factory translight:
sidebyside.jpgsidebyside.jpg

The final print will be just a tad smaller for better fitment (its about 1/2" too wide and 1/4" too tall).
Price is $110 shipped to the US , I am willing to ship to other parts of the world but you'll have to message me first so I can figure out shipping costs.

#2 4 years ago

Judgment is misspelled...

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Oh snap. Here's a chance to snag up a rare prototype!

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#5 4 years ago

As far as the art’s concerned, IMPRESSIVE!

#6 4 years ago

The spelling will obviously be fixed, that's why that one is a test print I feel like a idiot for not noticing it sooner , but I've been staring at it for so long my brain must have just accepted it. Thanks for pointing it out!

There will be a few other tiny tweaks and my final printed version should be here by next week. This project has been 2 years in the making , I'm glad the finish line is in sight!

#7 4 years ago

wow that looks good.

#8 4 years ago

That really looks good and capures the non-stop action that makes that movie so great. The original trans design from williams was stagnent and dull...
Great job!

#9 4 years ago

Something about Arnolds face isn't right, the one on the left where he's holding the minigun......his nose isn't quite in the center of his face but it's something else...not quite sure. Just doesn't look right...

#10 4 years ago

Hi all, first time posting here.

I'm the original artist that (digitally) painted this piece for Mal. I'll be making a final update to the artwork this week and the egregious issues will be updated. Yeah, the spelling of Judgement vs. Judgment is funny. I didn't even catch it when I was making the artwork! LOL
Of course this will be updated to correct the title, in the final print.

I'll also be doing some color balancing, now that I see how the print process turned out. Some of the dark colors are being crushed to black, where it's supposed to have some gradations.

Quoted from pinzrfun:

Something about Arnolds face isn't right, the one on the left where he's holding the minigun......his nose isn't quite in the center of his face but it's something else...not quite sure. Just doesn't look right...

What is it that doesn't feel right to you? I can take a look at his nose position, and contour of his face, but from the angle he's supposed to be in (low-angle camera pointing upward) the perspective might be playing tricks on people's eyes.
I'll give it another pass and see if I can get it feeling better.

Thanks all, for the feedback.

#11 4 years ago

Looks right to me
minigun (resized).PNGminigun (resized).PNG

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not anymore
Capture.PNGCapture.PNG

Sorry for the crap quality, but it didnt need to be ultra hi def to show the correct spelling

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Not anymore
[quoted image]
Sorry for the crap quality, but it didnt need to be ultra hi def to show the correct spelling

I like the translite! I think it turned out great and will blend in with the rest of the machine.

#14 4 years ago

I have a final proof print on the way that should be here early next week. After that gets here I'll post up pix and then take any orders.

3 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

Hey Malenko, great job on this! When do you sleep? Just wanted to say I'm impressed(again) with your work!

#16 4 years ago

Never. This was a commissioned work , opt2not is the artist, I just photoshopped together scenes from the movie and he made it a reality. Final print is on route then these will actually be for sale.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
$ 21.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-original-translite-digitally-hand-drawn-?hl=dpannell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.