• Latest reply 8 years ago by fliperz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1604.jpg
IMG_1603.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fliperz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I might be tempted to try to cut that area out carefully with an xacto knife along the black lines, use a mylar removal technique (either heat or cold), clean & wax the exposed area, then put a patch of mylar down. Maybe one that fits inside the area that was cut out, and another larger patch on top of the patch to cover the edges/seams.

UH yeah, don't do that unless you want your game FUBAR! You would essentially be cutting into wood. I used the freeze method and had no issues

#15 8 years ago

Well OP you could listen to the dozen or so members who have had success with the freeze method or go with force flows method and risk messing up your pin. Seems like the risk vs reward just aint there for the cut and pray method. IMO I think it would look worse as you would have a perfectly clear piece of mylar next to old scratched and glazed mylar. Good luck and in this case I hope the force is not with you....LOL!

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

Thanks for all the advice... After reading a bunch more , and also consulting Vids guide... I went with full Mylar removal via the freeze method. It worked like a charm! I only got a small amount of decal pull from the inserts. There is what I believe is called planking below where the damaged Mylar was but it still looks good. I have cleaned the field down, used novus 2 on it, and wow it looks nice. The plastic ramps look 1000% better after some vigorous novus 2 application. Now I am considering putting mylar back on to protect the already weakened areas.... I do not have the skill set to do a full play field restoration right now ... I don't have the resources to apply clear coat the way folks here on inside say to do it.
Any thoughts?

skip the mylar and go full play field protector they make the game play like a NIB just select T2 Williams from the drop down
ebay.com link: Playfield Protectors for Pinball Machines P T

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Navy_AT1:

I had seen this, but had not seen anyone who had any experience with them... Are they good quality?

my buddy has it on his kiss LE and it plays like glass, I will be ordering one when I get my GOT Prem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
$ 21.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fliperz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-mylar-repair?tu=fliperz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.