Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by joe2012
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Of all my pins, T2 is the darkest. I've already converted it to Led's, but there aren't many lights above the playfield. In the evening, seeing the ball can be a real challenge. Any recommendations?

#2 11 years ago

i put a led strip from advance auto above the sticker at the top (blue) . then red strips on the left and right lanes that go to the top.if you buy strips make sure they have 3m tape on them.you can cut them too and solder new wires to them. the max led is the ones i used.

#3 11 years ago

also small pc. skull drop target blue. 2 small pcs.under hunter/killer ship tied to sling shot flashers l&r (red).out hole (blue).under cab. (blue)on a xformer also (blue) in back box in line with shoulder,on x former.(red)on top of back box tied to b.box g.i. to light up my topper.one day i'll get a good camera and post some pics.

#4 11 years ago

thanks, pics would be great. I put on a topper I made from the bluray t2, and wired in the eyes to my back box so I don't want to add lighting up there. I was thinking of adding bright led's to the back of the play field. what do you think of cutting a groove into the inside part of the cabinet along the left and right of the play field so that led strips can be flush mounted? that way when the play field is raised it clears the leds.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from amiga500:

what do you think of cutting a groove into the inside part of the cabinet along the left and right of the play field so that led strips can be flush mounted? that way when the play field is raised it clears the leds.

Major fail...do not do that...

Don't use LED's for GI, that's my advice, and maybe add a couple spotlights if it's still to dark..

#6 11 years ago

Major fail? I'm not looking to sell it and please someone else. I know this topic comes up all the time, but I'm looking for ideas to add lighting to the play field, not whether or not I should use leds.

#7 11 years ago

I mounted a spot light under the hunter killer ship to light up the t1000 mod. Worked nice. What about trying a spot there aimed center field?

#8 11 years ago

Add spotlights. LED strips down the side would probably not light the field they way you'll want it and it would probably be hard on the eyes. Spotlights are easy to add. Maybe mimic TFLE where their is one on each sling. Lights the field nicely.

#9 11 years ago

The biggest problem I have is in the lower half. when the ball really gets moving or if you hit the jackpot, it is very hard to see the ball.

I just added the t-1000 mod, a spotlight under the hunter killer is a good idea and will be next.

#10 11 years ago

Another thought would be to replace the upper gi light under each sling with a coin takers 90 degree led. - spreading light toward the center.
My t2 is full led. With the ct gi lighting the center of the playfield seems well lit. I did try pbl LEDs there but didn't work as well in that app.

#11 11 years ago

Go Blue. Replace all the white lights in the inserts with Blue LED's. Replace the red pop bumper caps with blue ones, and replace the lights in them with 5-way blue LED's. Replace the flashers on the playfield with blue.

Looks awesome.....

#12 11 years ago

thanks for the input. I'll order some brighter leds from pinballlife once they are back from vacation.

if I go blue, it will look cool but won't I have even worse visibility issues? I think bright whites will help better.

thanks again.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Napabar:

Go Blue. Replace all the white lights in the inserts with Blue LED's. Replace the red pop bumper caps with blue ones, and replace the lights in them with 5-way blue LED's. Replace the flashers on the playfield with blue.
Looks awesome.....

pics?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from amiga500:

thanks for the input. I'll order some brighter leds from pinballlife once they are back from vacation.
if I go blue, it will look cool but won't I have even worse visibility issues? I think bright whites will help better.
thanks again.

True....I might just be pushing the cool factor.

#15 11 years ago

I'd need to get some....but two of my Pop Bumper lamps are broken....

#16 11 years ago

i put some pics up at t-2 club chech them out they might give you some ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 9.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-lighting-options-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.