• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

104A215E-E5BE-4D55-9BCA-0ABEE69E3CF5 (resized).jpeg
43BAA520-EF15-4F3A-9866-4E3DBE54B566 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hello everyone. Recently bought a T2. I am very familiar with the machine. When I hit the target under the skull it's suppose to say "Lock sequence initiated" and the data base lock is suppose to activate which if the shot is made into he database lock, it will choose from one of sixteen values including video mode but it doesn't. Also if the chase loop is hit twice in a row, a tow truck animation is suppose to appear. After a 4X multiplier is achieved, "extra ball" is lit. The game seems off on a few levels. Connections look good. Is it a software problem? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Rev level 8 50013
Sound level 3 sy 2.46

#2 4 years ago

Better go look in the matrix......

It's probably a bad transistor. You'll need to locate (online) the matrix charts for T2. From there you'll be able to find which transistor is bad.
If you're nearby I'd help.

#3 4 years ago

Drop target switch gets alot of abuse. I would check to see if its good or has a broken wire or diode. The loop switches also may be bad .

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from doloe:

It's probably a bad transistor. You'll need to locate (online) the matrix charts for T2. From there you'll be able to find which transistor is bad.

Likely this. Find my thread about similar issue. My boards are with Chris Hibler right now. See my burnt connections after I pulled my driver board?

43BAA520-EF15-4F3A-9866-4E3DBE54B566 (resized).jpeg43BAA520-EF15-4F3A-9866-4E3DBE54B566 (resized).jpeg
#5 4 years ago
Quoted from doloe:

Thank you. I will be looking into that immediately. I'm in Northern Rhode Island. Come on on by!

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Likely this. Find my thread about similar issue. My boards are with Chris Hibler right now. See my burnt connections after I pulled my driver board?[quoted image]

Dam. How do you fix that? Get a whole new board? Thanks for the info!

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Drop target switch gets alot of abuse. I would check to see if its good or has a broken wire or diode. The loop switches also may be bad .

Thank you. The wires and connections look good. I'm still tryin to figure out how to test the switches and have no idea what a diode is. I got a lot of work to do. Just got the manual and schematics book in so I will be busy.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bmd7791:

have no idea what a diode is

Diode is the black cylinder with a grey stripe. Note stripe is installed only one way to work.

104A215E-E5BE-4D55-9BCA-0ABEE69E3CF5 (resized).jpeg104A215E-E5BE-4D55-9BCA-0ABEE69E3CF5 (resized).jpeg
#9 4 years ago
Quoted from bmd7791:

no idea what a diode is.

Quoted from bssbllr:

Diode is the black cylinder with a grey stripe. Note stripe is installed only one way to work.

Basically, it prevents the current from flowing in one direction.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 21.95
$ 27.95
$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.