Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ypurchn
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

a lot of money and time spent on it but i'm really proud of the final result.
designing the decals was not easy, programming the topper was a mountain to climb
for me that 'till last month i didn't know what an arduino was.
hope you like...

#2 2 years ago

That looks great!

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

hope you like...

Yes, that looks terrific. Is it hard to keep fingerprint-free around the flipper buttons?

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 HV Sync Combiner kit

#4 2 years ago

Man, that's beautiful.

#5 2 years ago

Is the gun handle shooter chrome?

#6 2 years ago

I can live without the toys on the playfield

But the cab.

Wooooowwww

I’ve never seen that before!

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is the gun handle shooter chrome?

no, i want to do something different from the other parts and i did the door and the gun ancient silver

#8 2 years ago

Very very nice! Great attention to detail.

#9 2 years ago

Looks fantastic. That mirror finish would never fly around my house. It would have 3 sets of different hand prints on it at all times.

So lets hear some details about that topper.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from RGarriott:

Looks fantastic. That mirror finish would never fly around my house. It would have 3 sets of different hand prints on it at all times.
So lets hear some details about that topper.

i bought a t-800 bust on amazon,i put 2 red leds in the eyes and i cut its head and put inside 2 servomotors, one for the vertical movement and one for the left/right one.
I programmed an arduino and i told it to turn the head on the down/left when the ball hits the left switches of the playfield, same i did for the right.
than i did a circiut board to connect playfield switches to arduino and i went under playfield to use 5 switches on the left and 5 on the right to have a "follow the ball" effect.
And when the arduino doesn't receive any input for 2 minutes, i told it to turn the head as it does in the central part of my video, to have a kind of attract mode effect.

#11 2 years ago

That looks fantastic! I can’t imagine as others have said how with kids running around the house how’d I’d ever keep it clean! Amazing work and truly a piece of art!!

#12 2 years ago

Really, really well done man!! Love it! I'd worry about some of those figurines seeing some battle damage during gameplay but god damn if that cabinet isn't glorious! Love the topper too and the DIY story behind it! Congrats!

Assuming this baby will be bolted to your floor?!

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Really, really well done man!! Love it! I'd worry about some of those figurines seeing some battle damage during gameplay but god damn if that cabinet isn't glorious! Love the topper too and the DIY story behind it! Congrats!
Assuming this baby will be bolted to your floor?!

i didn't do it to sell, it was for my collection, but i'm receiving a lot of really good offers and i know i can do another one, so if i'll find another T2...

#14 2 years ago

Wow dude. Is nice!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

a lot of money and time spent on it but i'm really proud of the final result.
designing the decals was not easy, programming the topper was a mountain to climb
for me that 'till last month i didn't know what an arduino was.
hope you like...

Shiny!
Iike it a lot, good job.

Awesome with the moving head topper.

#17 2 years ago

WOW just WOW!!!

#18 2 years ago

Beaauutifullll!!

#19 2 years ago

Wow is right... That looks amazing.

#20 2 years ago

sorry man, i'm not so good in english to understand if it is a compliment or a criticism

#21 2 years ago

Wow!!!! Amazing job! Looks like a labour of love. So when will you be producing some of these parts for the pinside market?
I always thought my T2 was pretty decent, after seeing yours mine looks like it came out of a dumpster!

#22 2 years ago

This is far and away the greatest updgrade/custom cabinet/mod...whatever you want to call it...that has ever been created. Absolutely stunning! You should really consider building a few and selling them. So badass!

#24 2 years ago

This, and the IJ disneyland redux, are the best restorations on this website so far.

#25 2 years ago

Work of art!!!! This is the best looking T2 I’ve ever seen, by a lot. Just spectacular!

#26 2 years ago

Wow ! there is some serious hours put into that! sensational job.

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Wow!!!! Amazing job! Looks like a labour of love. So when will you be producing some of these parts for the pinside market?
I always thought my T2 was pretty decent, after seeing yours mine looks like it came out of a dumpster!

i'm thinking about putting them for sale...
steelcals and topper
now i have the projects done it shouldn't be a problem making them again but with material used and time spent they will be a little bit expensive...

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpinv8:

Wow ! there is some serious hours put into that! sensational job.

i lost the count of the hours i spent around it.
and most important, on the 26th of december i didn't know what a servomotor or an arduino was...
...on the 7th of january the topper was ready!!
and i did everything by myself, looking at the youtube videos learning how i can use them

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

steelcals and topper
now i have the projects done it shouldn't be a problem making them again but with material used and time spent they will be a little bit expensive...

Thats awesome! I'd be interested. Especially the topper!

#30 2 years ago

Very well done! Awesome work!

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from darden78:

steelcals and topper

I'm sure it could sell well, depending on price of course. Just a tip, if you want to make it a mod and sell then look over your hardware, cables, contacts and so on and try and make it all as easy to install as possible. Also, a good installation manual is required if you want to avoid lots of PM and mail support.

It may require other connecting solutions like crocodile clips (which I personally dislike) as many want a non-solder solution and don't want to drill holes in the cabinet for mounting the topper and similar things.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Thats awesome! I'd be interested. Especially the topper!

Id be interested in the topper also.

#34 2 years ago

Wow

#35 2 years ago

I don’t even own a T2 but I’d buy these mods just on the off chance I could find one later on and recreate this beauty!

#36 2 years ago

That’s really awesome on the side pieces. A little over the top on the PF but it fits within this pin because the whole thing is over the top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 9.95
$ 27.95
3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Harrisburg, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 21.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-full-mirror-edition?hl=vabeachrunner4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.