Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Philly76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

My Terminator 2 almost always kicks 2 balls out of the trough to start the game. I've tested the switch there in the test menu, and it seems to be working fine. Any suggestions?

#2 1 year ago

You only have 3 balls in the game?

#3 1 year ago

Check all of your trough switches also. One might be stuck open/closed. I believe they used optos, but can't recall off the top of my head. Also, when youre testing them, if it works with your finger, then try with a ball. The ball may not be triggering the switch.

And like suggested, make sure the correct number of balls are in the game.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

You only have 3 balls in the game?

Yes, there are 3 balls in the game. As far as I know, that's the correct number.

#5 1 year ago

Trough switch issue.

Go to switch edge test and test each switch to make sure they register. Then, in the same test, push one ball at at time down the trough and make sure each registers. If one doesn't register properly, look at the wire actuator for the switch and adjust (bend) slightly. Make sure the diodes and wires for each switch is soldered on good and not cracked or broken off.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from schudel5:

test each switch to make sure they register

Make sure they register with a ball, not your finger as you tend not to notice if the switch does not register until it is below the playfield.

#7 1 year ago

Check the tightness of the screws on the shooter lane ball detect switch.

#8 1 year ago

Also make sure the the rightmost trough switch, I believe it's switch #17, isn't contacting the arm of the shooter lane feeder. I have a Sorcerer where the switch wireform was pressed up against that arm, and as a ball was kicked into the shooter lane the arm would drag the switch along with it. Just needed to be bent away a little.

#9 1 year ago

I played with all the trough switches for a bit and I finally figured out what was going on. I was focused on the shooter lane switch because I suspected that it was detecting no ball there so, it kicked out another. But the one with the problem was the leftmost. As I slid the balls back and forth, I could see that it was occasionally getting stuck on. This was leading the game to think that it had an extra ball in the trough which is why it kicked one out. A little trial and error bending the wireform seems to have gotten it working much better.

With that out of the way, I decided to tackle replacing all the bulbs with LEDs tonight. It was going well until I shorted something out while trying to replace a hard-to-reach flashlamp. So, now my flashlamp circuit isn't flashing. That's enough for tonight.

Thanks everyone!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from mcccunej:

It was going well until I shorted something out while trying to replace a hard-to-reach flashlamp. So, now my flashlamp circuit isn't flashing. That's enough for tonight.
Thanks everyone!

Thats the only flashlamp in my machine thats incandescent. I may just leave it alone now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Boards
PinSound
Sale Pending!
St Charles, IL
$ 69.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 70.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Pinball Vault
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 11.00
€ 4.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Multigame
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
3,075 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nutley, NJ
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.99
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside