PXL_20240327_043017894 (resized).jpg
20240325_183907-COLLAGE (resized).jpg
IMG_0437 (resized).JPG
IMG_0436 (resized).JPG
ett (resized).png
IMG_2587 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1784 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1883 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider voodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#907 11 years ago

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the canon. It automatically fires after the first sweep. That is, I don't need to pull the trigger to fire the ball.

The switches are perfect, the solenoid works, it finds 'home' and 'at mark'. All of the tests are successful. I'm running L-8 ROMS and am now wondering if it's a software setting.

Does anyone else have this problem?

#909 11 years ago

Hi,

The ball loads into the canon, the canon swings down one full sweep and then just as it's coming back up it the solenoid fires the ball out without any user intervention.

I will hunt through the software as all mechanical and electrical parts appear to be working. However, the manual I have is downloaded from this sight and there are more menu items in the L-8 ROM than appear in the manual.

#913 11 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Checked both of those in test mode multiple times, reset the top switch on the circular slider, recallibrated the gun. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe it is a function of the game with the L-8 ROM??? One chance to shoot as the gun is moving down and then it firers on the way up.

Can anyone please test this?? I was under the impression that the ball stayed in the gun indefinitely until you pull the trigger and fire it.

Thanks!!

#915 11 years ago

.....and lastly. Does anyone know where to buy a real NOS or good replica of the play field skull? Most online stores seem to be out or stock.

Thanks!!

#918 11 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the tip on the skull. I've ordered one. Expensive shipping ($49) to Australia but it's best to keep machine in good shape and original condition as much as possible. I'll probably keep it forever so it's worth it.

Thanks to those with suggestions about the gun. I will revisit the issue again tomorrow. It has me stumped even though I've gone through every software test and hardware alignment in detail.

#921 11 years ago

Hi again,

Did all of the switches again, tightened screws with correct switch alignment, double checked everything, did calibration. Still fires automatically on the up-sweep.

Is this something the machine is programmed to do perhaps. ie. one shot only and if you don't pull the trigger it fires the ball out.

Would someone be so kind as to check this with their T2 with the L-8 ROM.

Thanks!!!

#925 11 years ago

Interesting!!!! Thank you so much for letting me know. Perhaps it is software after all. I can fire on the way down and it auto fires on the way up like yours. Perhaps earlier ROMs didn't do this. I recall watching a machine sit there waiting for the player to pull the trigger while the cannon oscillated endlessly.

#926 11 years ago

On another topic altogether, does anyone have a need for a new canon gearbox? Mine is crunchy, jumps a bit in certain spots. Electronically it parks in the 'home' position properly each time because it's quite sloppy it doesn't always align with the rail. There's a lot of play in the mechanism.

I was thinking of making a new modern part using a geared stepper motor, an absolute position encoder and arduino micro with custom software. It's easy to detect the voltage to start the motor and to also send back 'home' and 'at mark' positions using arduino output lines instead of actual micro switches. This means no fiddling around with those two micro switches.

Pinball test 14 - gun motor would still be used to position the gun then a push button on the arduino pcb would be pressed to load the position both positions into the arduino.

If there's enough interest I will make it available when I've finished it. Not sure of cost but I really want the canon fixed and I don't want second hand parts.

#955 11 years ago

Hi,

Yes, pictures would be good. Thanks!!!

#967 11 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

Here are the pics and small how to for you Voodle
Slow Cannon Issue FIX!

Thank you so much for those photos and instructions. They are much appreciated. Looks very easy actually.

Oh yes, love the jetski photo!! I used to own a Seadoo GSX back in 1998. Absolutely amazing machines. I wish I still had it.

#968 11 years ago

Does anyone know why some machine did not come with the Hunter Ship?

#970 11 years ago

The GSX was an amazing machine.

http://www.tappedin.com/hop/html/sd_gsx.htm

It carried two people comfortably and got up to close to 100kmh, close to 55mph. It was very, very fast and powerful. Unfortunately it was stolen and then about a month later Sydney Harbour was closed to jet skis. So, even though it was sad, it worked out because there'd be no more flying past the Opera House under the Harbour Bridge. Still, there are plenty of other spots up the coast.

But, I have the T2 machine now and am more than pleased with it.

Strangely enough, I played AC/DC, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure, Avengers and X-Men tonight. I thought the newer games would be better than T2 but I actually thought they weren't as good. The play fields were more complicated/gimmicky, there was more looking at the DMD (which means the game slows as you stop and read) and the worst thing was that with all of the toys and moving ramps it was hard to see where the ball actually was. I felt like I was shooting under the toys at ramps/targets that were covered. I didn't really like the moving ramps that came across the play field and blocked the view of the ball either. AC/DC has an 'Escape Loop' like T2 but the ball gets hidden at the top and just pops out on the left without warning. It also has hard-to-see roll-overs at the top of the play field which light the letters.

Coming home to play T2 was refreshing. The play field was clean, the rules were still good, the ramps and rails are great, the artwork is very, very good and not too overdone, and the choice of the blue, silver, red and black was spot on. I wonder if the new designers made things too complicated over the years. I still think the guys that make these games are amazing but maybe it's time to take another look at design philosophy. Perhaps it's also the fact that I'm not a fan of Stern parts. I think Williams, and Gottlieb in the earlier 1970's EM machine, got it right with the look and feel of the pinball machine as a whole. I find the Stern parts a bit clunky. I'm sure they're top quality but they just don't feel quite right to me. Perhaps I'm not used to them but they feel more industrial than an 'engineering work of art'. I do praise Stern though for continuing to make new machines. Good on them. Don't stop.

I don't think I'm biased because I like T2, but perhaps the newer games should be 'cleaner'.

To me T2 works so well because I see it starting life as 'Flash', then grew into 'Fire Power' and finally as a refined and enhanced version of both in the form of 'T2'. Maybe it's because of those iterations that it's as good as it is. It's a 'Version 3' pinball where Flash and Fire Power are the previous 2 versions.

Just some thoughts.

1 week later
#1065 10 years ago
Quoted from technabob:

So does anyone know where I can get the little metal brackets that attach the "Artificial Intelligence Lab" and "Skynet Command Center" signs to the playfield? I bought the replacement signs, but they didn't come with the brackets.

Hi,

Yes, I'd like those two. My machine came with the right hand sign and bracket missing altogether.

#1066 10 years ago

Here's an idea.

Start a wiki which has a 'my problem' and 'my solution'. If we starts listing all the faults then we can share what were all have learned. I'm not sure how to do this so a computer head might be able to set this up.

#1071 10 years ago

Sometimes after a ball is drained and the points are added and the next ball is ready, it will fire as though I've pulled the trigger. I've check the switches and left it running in test mode to see if there is a short in the wiring or the switch. Nothing.

So, it's a mystery as to why it should fire all by itself.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
3,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Hanover, NJ
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morgantown, WV
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider voodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=voodle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.