• Topic is favorited by 274 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53663951190_696642b1ae_c (resized).jpg
53663311748_14568d061c_c (resized).jpg
53662225557_f2e8f3ac6e_k (resized).jpg
Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Manual_-_Update.pdf (PDF preview)
A2_Feature_Adjustments_(Update).pdf (PDF preview)
Terminator2_L8_4.pdf (PDF preview)
53639132189_e8b428873f_k (resized).jpg
53639132179_2f5a4b2c09_k (resized).jpg
IMG_5447 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5475 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5462 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240401_002830006 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240401_002816443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192714330 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192724360 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240331_192719354 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2673 9 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Guys,
my T2 Reorchestration for the Pinsoundboard is finished and available as a free download.
If you don't know what's the Pinsoundboard, please check out http://www.pinsound.org/
For more information and a preview on my reorchestration for the T2 check the news on pinsound:
http://www.pinsound.org/blog/
Or download directly at:
http://pinsound-community.org/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=18

This is amazing, thanks so much! Really hard for me to NOT get a pinsound board now...

1 week later
#2700 9 years ago

Has anybody found any good single LED replacements for the pop bumper bulbs? I've tried a bunch of red, orange, white of different types and nothing looks as good as the incandescent bulbs. I know about the Britecaps LED rings and may go that route in the future if no other single LED looks good enough.

#2703 9 years ago

Thanks I'll have to try those! Are you using the red LED with the stock red cap?

1 week later
#2717 9 years ago

Does anybody else with the BriteEyes mod notice they get really hot? Doesn't seem normal

2 weeks later
#2728 9 years ago

Installed a DMD Extender with LCD screen to replace the old orange DMD. Using red colors looks great

DMDext3.jpgDMDext3.jpg
#2742 9 years ago

What kind of LEDs are you guys using for the 2 GI sockets behind the 3 red standup targets? I have natural white GI all over which looks great, but it's too bright in this location since you have a direct line of sight to the LEDs.

#2760 9 years ago
Quoted from joe2012:

how many ohms is it? joe

11 ohms but you can use a 10 ohm since they are more widely available.

#2775 9 years ago
Quoted from Marv:

Can anyone provide the hi-res photos of the driver board connectors please

Here you go. I have since replaced that nasty J115 with a new connector with crimp connections.

PWRconnector1.jpgPWRconnector1.jpg

PWRconnector2.jpgPWRconnector2.jpg

PWRconnector3.jpgPWRconnector3.jpg

PWRconnector4.jpgPWRconnector4.jpg

#2782 9 years ago

Is there anywhere else to buy the pinbits hunter ship protector? They are out of stock of both types (blue tail and red tail) and have not responded to emails. I do not want to buy the one from the UK on eBay, it's way too expensive and obnoxious.

1 week later
#2793 9 years ago

Do not purchase the endoskull from Marco Specialties! I read some reviews in this thread stating it was a good reproduction. The picture on their website reflects this, it's a picture of the stock skull. What I received was much different. Much lower quality missing many of the molded details and has some details just painted on. I contacted Marco about this and they said that's just how it is, they checked their stock and they are all the same from their licensed Williams supplier. This brand new reproduction looks worse than my damaged original skull!

skull2.jpgskull2.jpg skull3.jpgskull3.jpg skull4.jpgskull4.jpg
#2794 9 years ago

Marco actually updated their product image today due to my complaint. Here is the old picture that was on their website:

marcoskulloldadpic1.jpgmarcoskulloldadpic1.jpg

And the new picture which shows the crap skull you will get when ordering from them:

marcoskullnewadpic1.jpgmarcoskullnewadpic1.jpg

Has anybody RECENTLY purchased a skull from someone and received the correct original replacement? I'm not putting this cheap replica in my game.

#2799 9 years ago

I didn't think the HK ship was nearly as bad as the skull. I'll still use Marco's hunter ship.

hunter1.jpghunter1.jpg
1 week later
#2812 9 years ago

I prefer the pinbits hunter ship mod. Less than half the price and isn't too overpowering. It looks great!

#2814 9 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I had not been in this forum for a little while and just watched the video with the original T2 music playing on the Pinsound board. Man that sounds awesome! Always wished there was a way to play the real music like that! I just wish that you could turn on the original Arnold voice with the theme music playing. As good an impersonator as that is, I can tell its not him. Otherwise, I might have been all over this!

You can do this, all of the files are customizable with the Pinsound board. Just copy over the stock voice tracks with the original soundtrack background music.

#2824 9 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

Andy version has a micro chip to sequence the light and a separate input you can tie to any bulb (like the skull lock) to make the sequencing stop and the engines flash. I 'thought' pinbits was just flashing based on 1 input.

So does pinbits. It has a microcontroller which has a controlled flashing pattern, and is also hooked into the flasher circuit to register when a direct hit is achieved.

#2826 9 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I have finally finished putting my T2 back together after a few years. Everything seems to be working properly except the security levels are not advancing with alternate ramp shots. Have I just got some plugs in wrong or could there be some other issue?

Do the security level inserts work otherwise in attract mode? Both ball switches working on both ramps?

#2838 9 years ago

None of the alternate translites are as good as the original IMO. Why would you want to replace that beautiful artwork???

Not sure what Rock means by "underground seller" but the alternate translites are available here: http://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/d1112_Translite_Translites_Williams_Flipperkast_pinball.html

#2843 9 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I agree that the original is best, but where can a guy find an original translite replacement for one that has seen its better days?

This I would like to know too

There are currently no reproduction original translites available unless you find somebody sitting on old stock.

2 weeks later
#2876 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Hey guys has anyone ever used Comet LEDs in their T2? The used to offer a sample pack, but it is no longer available: http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/sample.htm
Does anyone have suggestions of specific bulbs to try on my T2. I would prefer to order from Comit, but I honestly have no idea what bulb would function best in inserts and GI.

I use all comet LEDs in my T2 and they work great. I color matched most of the inserts and used cool white for the the GI. You can save money by using standard LEDs if you just install the ghost patched ROM. This way you don't have to pay extra for the non-ghosting LEDs, and with the ROM patch you experience zero ghosting or flicker. They look great, and I highly recommend Comet due to their great quality and superior customer service.

2 weeks later
#2947 9 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Rock. love the alternate translite. Where did you get that? I would love to have one.

They are sold here:

http://www.pinballwizard.nl/contents/en-us/d1112_Translite_Translites_Williams_Flipperkast_pinball.html

#2958 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Marco had decent quality reproductions. Pinball center did not.

Their H-K ship is ok but the skull is garbage. Just look at the picture on their website since they updated it to be correct. Starship has a better molded skull.

See here for my experience with marco skull:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only/page/56#post-2140236

2 weeks later
#3003 9 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

I heard these don't keep the time settings? Is that correct?

Yes but on T2 the time setting has no use.

#3014 9 years ago

Why do the speaker lights look so different on each side?

#3016 9 years ago

Just asking because the BriteSound mod has them looking the same

http://www.pinballlife.com/images/products/secondary/wslk_01-1.jpg

#3018 9 years ago

They actually come with diffusers now and look much smoother, couldn't find a T2 pic but same product:

http://www.pinballlife.com/images/products/preview/wslk_01.jpg

#3021 9 years ago
Quoted from Rock914:

Awesome, you should get those.

I considered it, but chose not to light the speakers.

#3033 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Hmm I wonder if they make them with open bit driver end. All my GI bulbs underneath the playfield require a socket.

You are looking for a nut driver.

#3049 9 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Mirroplates Black- Titan-Carbo-Nitrid coated, from Pinball-Dreams.
Finally, i removed the white protective film. Not bad for the price...200Euros.

How good did it feel pulling off that film?

I've been following your build and it looks amazing. You should consider adding these more realistic eye LEDs: http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3256

1 week later
#3106 9 years ago

Where do you guys want cliffys? T2 is pretty durable

2 weeks later
#3156 9 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

This is why I've yet to led.....I like the look....but too many..."I led'd and now "this" happened" threads out there....hope you get it sorted..................Joey

It's not hard to install LEDs and not break stuff You can even use cheaper regular LEDs (don't need noghost or noflicker) if you install the ROM patch. Works just as good as noghost LEDs but much cheaper. I use Comet for all LEDs.

#3172 9 years ago

Pinbits ship protector is the best and less than half the cost of the version on eBay

#3196 9 years ago

A dab of hot glue works well and can easily be removed if needed.

4 weeks later
#3235 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Great... Quartergrabber.... this protector doesn't have any LED's correct?

I highly recommend the pinbits protector with LEDs. They are programmed to flash very nicely in some different patterns. They are usually out of stock but if you email them they will make one for you and tell you when it's ready to click buy.

4 weeks later
#3327 8 years ago

You need a security T25 bit. The Amazon link posted above is is good. If you have a Menard's nearby they also carry a security Torx bit set.

#3332 8 years ago

You would install it on the left side of the shooter lane

1 month later
#3497 8 years ago

Figured I would ask here first...just looking for a little knowledge before I pop the hood and go in....(first time stand-up target problem)...the middle 3 bank of stand-up's....one of them(right one) kind of flops around when hit (still registers)...so just wondering if something can be tightened to fix this or when this happens is it time to order a new one....Thank You.................Joey

Joey just look back a few posts. You can either replace it with a stronger version or add a support to the existing design.

#3539 8 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Just curious if many people have broken ir brittle plastic light sockets in the backbox? Is it much of a project to change them out?

Yep they are fragile. Not difficult to replace.

#3578 8 years ago

They are stock. Anybody who thinks otherwise is wrong.

#3586 8 years ago

No protectors on mine. No issues so far in a home environment.

#3588 8 years ago

I was asking you guys if there are any cons as I'm still very new to pins...............Joey

The only con is that you have to install them when you otherwise wouldn't....

1 week later
#3632 8 years ago

A failed shot up the right ramp can easily go sdtm on my game depending on how far up the ramp it goes before it comes back down.

#3634 8 years ago
Quoted from kjgolf:

what should the correct degree slope be? mine is level left to right but has 6.5 degree slope

It's personal preference. If you're happy with how it plays then leave it. Otherwise increase slope to speed up the game or vice versa.

1 month later
#3723 8 years ago

I had the same complaint. I switched them out with frosted red leds and it's much easier on the eyes.

#3734 8 years ago

Test switch continuity when operating it. If good, check the diode. If good, check the wiring.

#3752 8 years ago

You will need new connectors, crimp contacts, and header pins for each connection.

3 weeks later
#3835 8 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

When are the skull lamps (upper eyes) supposed to be illuminated? Can't find that info in the manual. Since it's a controlled circuit I assume they aren't on all the time.

Almost all the time during a game. Then off immediately after. Then back on most of the time.

2 weeks later
#3879 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Lol, yes I know. But I fail to see how this would "protect" it. I had a ton of air balls fly into my HK ship befor I put the protector on and it was fine every time.

Depending on the angle of attack the protector can prevent the ship from flexing quite a bit. It does offer some actual protection.

#3885 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Need to burn the L-8 ROM. Anyone know what blank chip I need to order?
- just placed order with Borygard, but not sure of what chip it is since he knew and added it to my order.

27C040 or any other compatible 4 megabit eprom will do. I recommend applying the attract sound hack if the occasional smashing together of the T2 logo annoys you (it annoyed me).

#3887 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is that what causes that annoying explosion sound once in a while even though attract sounds are turned off?
Very annoying, but I'm selling this once it's finished, so not my problem much longer. But thanks for mentioning it in case other new owners like myself are like WTF?

That is correct.

1 month later
#3949 8 years ago

I use the stock FL-11630 coils. No need for anything stronger on this game.

1 month later
#4003 8 years ago

Not Marco! I got mine from Starship Fantasy and it's decent.

#4012 8 years ago

The topper looks great but I also don't like the repeated Terminator 2 text.

#4015 8 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

i was look on net today i found this chrome backboard does anyone have one these for there terminator 2 machine

terminator_2_backbox_(resized).jpg

I hope not, they spelled Judgment wrong.

#4023 8 years ago
Quoted from ric9987:

Hi there, had a T2 for 10y and been updating plastics (when I spot them), skull etc for quite a while. I just installed a PinSound board and waiting for a harness to upgrade the speakers.
Would love a replacement playfield as mine has a couple of digs near the flippers - but never seen one availabe to buy, and I pretend to myself that they arn't that bad....anyway....
I was wondering what the consous of opinion was about an LED kit for it was. I have recently installed an LED OCD board in a TSPP which sorted out all the stobing, and more importantly - the ghosting effects from an early Cointaker kit. The early Cointaker kit along with a OCD kit I believe is actually a better combination than LED's which prevent stobing/ghosting with components built into the LED - as they are able to dim lower.
T2 may not utilise the same dimming functionality as TSPP - so wondered what people thought ?
Regards
Rich

LEDs look great in T2 and you have as many options as you can think of. You can buy cheaper LEDs that do not have noghost or noflicker features and remove the ghosting in software very easily by patching it.

1 month later
#4082 8 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Try to buy the T2 ship mod from Pinbits - But it seems to be sold out, always. Also tried to contact them via email via their site, but the email does not work. Does anyone have this and would like to sell it, or know how to contact them (email referred).

I emailed them when I bought mine a bit over a year ago, and they emailed me about 2 weeks later when they had one in stock for me to order. I also used the contact form on their website and received the reply from Pam Reynolds.

Are you receiving an error message or just no reply back?

#4092 8 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

After I rebuilt and cleaned mine they were crazy strong. I have no issues making shots. I dont recommend upgrading.

I agree. The stock FL-11630 coils hit every shot very well in my game (if I aim them right!)

#4097 8 years ago

Yes, there is a ROM hack to remove that slamming noise from the attract mode.

#4102 8 years ago

Yes you can keep playing and yes it will get worse over time. You can put a piece of mylar over the damage to prevent it from getting worse and bend that flap back down so it's resting on the mylar.

#4115 8 years ago

Try emailing [email protected]

#4123 8 years ago

That's about going rate for a new HK ship. I would purchase from Starship Fantasy if they offer it just based on my experience with their skull. Marco's skull looks like crap and Starship's looked much closer to original.

#4141 8 years ago

:O

#4147 8 years ago
Quoted from marmar:

I have been offered a T2 pin for $2500 is in good shape has been in HUO for some time now. I wanted to know if this would be a good deal for a first pin.

If it's in perfect shape with absolutely zero playfield wear or other issues then $2500 is fair.

2 weeks later
#4198 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

That is awesome! Do you remember what the problem was?
Just curious where there a special reason why you got it back in 94 and could keep it for so long? (I have noticed must people change there collection often)

Service bulletin #32
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/2524/Williams_1991_Terminator_2_Judgment_Day_Service_Bulletin_32.pdf

2 weeks later
#4220 8 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Thank you for the answer. I wonder what pinball arcade did? Or are the samples on their t2 just as "bad" as the original t2?

TPA uses the same original audio.

1 week later
#4245 7 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Thanks theOnlyest... would the opto or switch be right below the target... under the playfield?

There are no optos in T2, but yes the drop target microswitch is located directly underneath and attached the drop target assembly. You can't miss it.

#4249 7 years ago

Here is a diagram of the drop target assembly if it may help. I agree that spring needs to be connected to swiftly pull down the drop target to engage the microswitch.

T2drop_(resized).pngT2drop_(resized).png

#4251 7 years ago

No - the spring is attached to the drop target on one end and the bracket on the other end, no direct contact with the microswitch. It's #17 in the diagram I posted. Make sure that spring is connected properly, and then test the microswitch to make sure it is being triggered when the target drops.

2 weeks later
#4326 7 years ago

What a timely question. Check the few dozen posts just before yours as scamp was working through similar issues.

1 month later
#4381 7 years ago

That is bad ass!

#4396 7 years ago

My T2 does not auto shoot after the first pass. It would be even harder to hit the moving super jackpot if that was the case.

#4404 7 years ago

I am using the latest ROM L-8 which does not autofire the cannon.

#4411 7 years ago

People should run the cannon test in the service menu. This will help you figure things out.

#4422 7 years ago

T2 is not a fliptronics game, it uses the 1988-1991 Williams rebuild kit and it should include capacitors.

#4426 7 years ago

The capacitor is for spark suppression at the contacts. The game will work fine without the caps, but the EOS life will be shortened.

#4430 7 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Is there a certain way/direction to install the capacitor to the EOS? My guess is no but I just want to make sure.

You are correct, they can be installed in either direction.

3 weeks later
#4446 7 years ago

I'm not near my game to check, but shouldn't the drop target go DOWN during ball search? Wouldn't going up allow a ball to get trapped behind the target?

#4452 7 years ago

So you are asking if insert decals are common? Not sure what the issue is.

1 week later
#4469 7 years ago
Quoted from pigbat:

My GI is down and appears to be traced back to J120 and J121. The connector on J120 is obviously fried. The connections on J121 look pretty clean but the wiring is a complete hack job on that one. Everything I'm reading indicates that I should replace the pins along with the connector for J120. I'm pretty novice with a soldering iron so the thought of replacing pins makes me a bit nervous. Two questions.
1. If I just replace the connector and move to LEDs, how long should I expect to make it before frying another connector?
2. Does anyone on the forum offer repair service where I could ship the board to them and have them repin it for me?

You will likely never fry another connector after switching to LEDs. There will be much less current running through it. You may even be able to get by without replacing the pins. It's always a best practice to replace pins when replacing connectors, but not always necessary. My T2 GI issues were solved by replacing the connector. I did nothing with the pins.

#4471 7 years ago

T2GI_(resized).pngT2GI_(resized).png

Also check connector J115 as that is the most common cause of GI issues.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems

1 month later
#4497 7 years ago

Plastics on both side of the skull are broken, the left one just at the lower tip which is very common. Mine is broken the same way and I'm not even bothered to fix it.

#4503 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

For all those T2 pinball fans out there.
NECA will shortly be releasing a 6" die cast and plastic highly detailed Terminator Aerial Hunter Killer that is 6 inches in size.
Near perfect substitute for the original factory crapping plastic HK that always breaks.
It will really "spiff" up your game, won't split easily, fall apart, and it will be CHEAP.
Keep watch.
Go bat#$%@ crazy if you want to install LEDs.
Couple this with a modified $8 "Loot Crate" Terminator Genisys Half Scale Endoskull to replace the original factory skull, and you have a real winner.
NECA Terminator Cinemachines Aerial Hunter Killer

Very nice looking. The only reason I wouldn't want to change it is my Pinbits ship protector/LEDs wouldn't fit and I love that thing so much it makes the stock ship good enough. The NECA one has incredible detail though. Even though it's die cast, hopefully that tail can take some ball strikes without breaking.

3 weeks later
#4539 7 years ago

Not much to adjust for that other than the left/right centering of the standup targets. Are they all pointing up straight and not leaning one way or the other?

#4541 7 years ago

What about cleaning up the coil and maybe putting in a new sleeve? Maybe the velocity is off?

Always worth checking!

1 week later
#4546 7 years ago

Yes the drop target triggers the switch when it drops.

drop (resized).pngdrop (resized).png

3 weeks later
#4564 7 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Anyone know why gun shots still go off in attract mode even though attract sounds are off? Is this normal? Pissing me off.

This is normal, and a defect in the code in my opinion. There is a modified ROM to fix this and remove those sounds so attract mode is completely silent.

2 weeks later
#4587 7 years ago
Quoted from kimzone:

Terminator 2 was my first pinball I just got it back from shop I just need do couple more stuff to complete the machine some mirror blades and fix couple mods

Interesting setup with the additional display in the coin door. Are you using a DMD Extender or some other hardware to mirror the DMD?

#4591 7 years ago

And the ship is backwards....

1 week later
#4635 7 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

Mine is missing entirely. I'm usually a big fan of originality but I'm not even sure I like it in. Looks too much like some aftermarket add on to me.

I think it fits the theme pretty well. I recommend adding the Pinbits LED protector to it as well. It not only protects the ship but it has built-in LEDs and microcontroller to give a few different light shows.

#4637 7 years ago

I want to emphasize it's from Pinbits. There is another version available on eBay that is more expensive and less elegant IMO!

#4653 7 years ago

Pam is really busy and can be hard to get a hold of sometimes. I would call her again.

1 week later
#4691 7 years ago

Looks good but yikes, I wouldn't want to work on it if there are ever any issues in the future.

#4704 7 years ago

He also made a thread here on pinside for the repro T2 playfields. I have heard great things about their quality but have no personal experience with them.

#4711 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

It figures the repros come out after I finally pay to restore a playfield. Oh and I bought decals too.

The new playfields won't be ready for a few months at best if that makes you feel better.

#4715 7 years ago
Quoted from Frogman:

Thanks for sharing and for "taking one for the team". That Ministry skull is hideous.

I wouldn't call it hideous. At least it's very similar to the original skull minus the sloppy black paint.

Now Marco's skull, that is fugly!

skull (resized).jpgskull (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4791 7 years ago

No. First off you have a broken left side plastic which is missing the front mounting hole and allowing the whole assembly to rotate. The skull is mounted to the plastic with L brackets with 2 screws into the plastic and 2 rivets into the skull. The skull movement forward and back could be a combination of the first issue and/or loose L brackets screws or rivets.

1 week later
#4815 7 years ago

Cool white GI works best IMO. T2 is not a theme for yellowish warm white, but I agree going straight up blue or purple looks bad.

#4826 7 years ago
Quoted from Monk:

I just joined the club this past weekend and I love the game. I picked it up from a pinsider (I won't name him as he might not want me to, but if you're reading this thank you) who responded to my wanted ad and the deal went smoothly. I do have a couple of questions regarding some minor issues with the machine, if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. 2 bulbs (first and third) for the right ramp are out. I assume at this point it is just the bulb and will confirm tonight, but when I get to payback mode, only the left ramp lights blink and non of the right ramp lights are on at all. Anyone have any ideas on this? Could it have something to do with the two lights being out? The second thing is there is just a very small amount of wear starting just above the Auto-Fire insert and I was wondering the best thing to do to preserve that area without having it affect game play. I was thinking about cutting a small piece of mylar and placing it there, but didn't know if it would affect the ball. I know this is a typical place for wear so I figured many of you have done something to this spot. Thanks for the input and this game is great.

After ruling out the bulbs, check the bulb PCB for cold solder joints at the header since that is a very common problem and it's also very easy to fix. Sometimes the pads where the bulb socket screws in need to be reflowed as well if they are very worn.

I think a piece of mylar should work well to prevent the worn area from getting worse.

1 week later
#4843 7 years ago
Quoted from damageinc55:

Price check: Hey guys, I'm looking at a T2 this weekend. I'm told the DMD is completely out. Of course this could be an easy fix, but worst case scenario, what would you make an offer at under those circumstances ( assuming the rest of the game is in average condition).
Also, any other problem areas specific to T2 that I should be watching out for? TIA

Knowing nothing else, assume worst case scenario of the DMD board and DMD itself are both bad. Take $500 off whatever you would pay for a working T2.

#4846 7 years ago

A multimeter can also verify the DMD board is outputting the proper voltages to drive the display.

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Testing_DMD_Controller_Power

2 weeks later
#4898 7 years ago

The skull is missing the L bracket. The skull side of the bracket is riveted to the skull, and the bottom side of the bracket attached to the plastic with a bolt and nut. You can replace the rivet on the skull side with bolt and nut if needed, use a nylon lock nut.

1 week later
#4908 7 years ago

Looks good but your terminator eyes look goofy. Get these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3256

#4924 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

I think it would be pretty hard to find anyone crazy enough to purchase two bulbs for $15. Wouldn't be worth it.

Many people have, including myself. It seems high but it's worth my time not to have to try and customize something myself that might not look as good.

#4930 7 years ago
Quoted from smiley:

I did this with Pinball Life LED's and some trim washers.

That looks pretty good. The only thing missing is the red color when the eyes are off. If you used a different LED with the same trim washers it would look almost identical to the PBL ones. Can you link to which trim washers you used?

1 week later
#4955 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Anyone have any experience with their ball not locking in on the escape route path? My ball goes in but 97% of the time it just pops back out and drains to the bumpers. Since it's in such a POS spot on the PF figured I'd see if anyone has any experience of what to look for before I start poking around.

Pops back out on it's own without the coil popping it out? There is an angled piece of steel that directs the ball down into the saucer similar to the database lock. Have you taken a close look back there to make sure nothing is loose?

#4972 7 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Everything is nice and tight. Posted a pic of the area in a previous post.
So I took the glass off and played for about 40 minutes and still can't put a finger on what's going on. If I roll the ball up there - almost regardless of how soft or hard - it goes in and ejects likes normal almost every time.
If the ball comes off the flippers it almost always doesn't lock and eject.
The top coil is so quiet compared to the flippers that I don't think it's activating early but it's difficult to confirm. I also don't think it's activating early because I'm not getting any credit for the shot so the ball isn't hitting the switch in the hole.
Flippers don't feel weak. I'm able to hit any and every shot with power to spare.
It's almost as if it's a random switch matrix issue but I can't find anything that would link the right flipper and the top hole eject.
Looking at my last post the left side ball guide appears to be a little close to the hole but not enough where I see it impacting.
Anyone have any thoughts?

This sounds like a mechanical issue, not a switch issue. The ball should lock in the saucer even without any power to the game.

1 week later
#4983 7 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

which switch is # 28 on t2? I don't have a book and getting error.

Right outlane

#4990 7 years ago
Quoted from Bob86ZZ4:

I thought there was some talk about the profanity chip but I can't find it. Was it in a different thread, or was it deleted?

You can't find it how? Search this thread for the word profanity.

1 week later
#5044 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Gettin' ready for a Terminator marathon this weekend!

But there are 5 Terminator movies!

#5047 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

T3 doesnt count :p

It was still entertaining at points... not great but it's still a Terminator flick.

#5058 6 years ago

That left side skull plastic is broken, bottom tip is missing. Same as the one on my game any many others, just fyi.

1 week later
#5091 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Thinking of modding my T2, was going to sell it, but I just love the flow of it so much, I think it might be my favorite pin that I've ever played, it's just so smooth and addicting.
So I'm looking at mods, Hunter ship, brite eyes, T800, Robert Patrick Die Cast figure in front of the Pops, and the police car.
Which ones are must haves? I don't want to go too crazy and clutter the playfield, but would like to add a little more pop to the layout.

Brite eyes are must have. I like the hunter ship mod from Pinbits (not the more expensive one from the UK on eBay), T1000 looks ok. T800 and police car are cheesy and do not look good IMO.

#5094 6 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Damn, Pinbits is sold out of the Hunter mod...Which other sites can you guys recommend?

They almost never keep a stock of them - I had to email Pam and about a week later she notified me that one was ready. This was a couple years ago.

#5107 6 years ago
Quoted from TimberOne:

I have attract music turned off, but still getting that annoying match crusher sound every 5 minutes. Really annoying in home gameroom setting when not in use. Anyone know the off setting? I bought a pinsound but no time to install yet, maybe it will go away?

There is no setting to remove that sound, however, someone hacked the ROM to remove that attract noise so it's completely silent. It does not remove the sound from the actual match sequence so it's nicely done. Let me know if you need the file or a ROM burned.

#5122 6 years ago

They also light up during high score entry after you've entered your first initial.

#5125 6 years ago

Sure bud...

Let's figure this out....in this video you can clearly hear the flippers flipping...mine flip as well during video mode....a rom thing maybe...?....I'm running profanity....how about you...???............Joey
» YouTube video

Not a ROM thing. Every T2 flips during video mode.

#5129 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

What about during attract mode and the lamp test?

Yes those too

#5144 6 years ago
Quoted from loscanones:

Wrong statement.
There are many reports that some of the machines does not. Check also this discussion from 2013 https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/yAZeBak_foc
The only way to disable (whenever) flippers is through relay driven by Q99. In my case flippers are inactive when no coins are inserted and this proves that electronic circuits are fine and the only difference is in software.
AFAIK there is no official documentation for the changes implemented in various ROM versions (L2-L8)
So, I`m running Profanity Roms and flippers are moving during video mode.

Interesting. It seems that very early software revisions disabled the flippers during video mode, and at some point they enabled them. The promo video shows no flipper action during video mode and I have seen no reports of people running current software without flipper action during video mode. I'm also running a modified L-8 and the flippers flip during video mode.

3 weeks later
#5183 6 years ago

That is... ummmm... creative

#5200 6 years ago

I just cant find the official release thread bro. I searched "terminator 2 color dmd" "t2 color dmd" havin issues this morning i guess....

Search using Colordmd as one word and you will find it

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-59-no-problemo

1 week later
#5227 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Oh you should see the UV LEDs during the game over light show!! That playfield pops!!

Ugh, no offense to you personally but when someone uses the word "pops" like that I very rarely like the end result.

#5238 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I already sent my money to Brock (pinball_customs), for a chrome edition, but I haven't heard back from him, despite a bunch of e-mails I've been shooting him the last couple weeks......

Took me a few requests and a few weeks late to get mine but I did eventually get it.

#5243 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Well, I also bought stuff from Brock pinball_customs in the past, but it's been almost a whole month now since I "paypaled" him... I tried reaching him thru e-mails, pinside PM's and even thru his ad threads, with no response whatsoever....
Hey Brock pinball_customs , if you're reading this, I want my T1000 Chrome Edition, not a paypal dispute!

Just do the dispute if you are getting ignored. You will no longer be ignored and can cancel the dispute when you get your stuff.

2 weeks later
#5260 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey everyone, need some urgent help here, please.... does anyone have a good scan of this plastic? Mine is totally banged up....

I have a few scans but not that one. You could try contacting this guy who is selling other T2 plastic pieces:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1047-multigame/by-category/342-playfield-plastics

3 weeks later
#5349 6 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Does anyone have the issue where if you hit the drop target, the momentum from the ball will still take it into the skull? You'd think that the drop target would keep it from going in there in one shot, requiring you to make another shot into the skull.

Happens on mine occasionally. I consider it normal.

#5366 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Had a weird bug pop up on the game today and was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I loaded the cannon and got multiball twice. I then loaded the cannon again, it told me I had to hit 3 targets (so far, so good). I made my shot, managed to hit two targets with one ball, so it said I had 1 target remaining. I load the cannon again and it says I have 255 targets to hit! Umm... But only one target was blinking, so I thought no big deal. I load the canon again, and this time it says 254 targets to hit, and there are NO blinking lights.... Uhh.... Unfortunately, after the ball launched, it went SDTM so I didn't get to try again.
Anyone else see this and know what caused it?

I've never experienced it myself, but I just learned about this bug today in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-ifpa-banned-tables#post-3915142

"Terminator 2 software contains bugs that can potentially be devastating to a competitive game. Known bugs include: 255 drop target hits to multiball, and a multiball bug that may occur when a ball is locked with zero seconds left on the timer causing a string of odd behavior from the game."

2 weeks later
#5417 6 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Wondering if anyone knows how to shut off that annoying sound in attract mode?

Someone made a custom ROM to remove that sound from attract mode. This is the only way to do it. I have the file if you need it otherwise I can burn you one if I have a spare eprom in my stash.

2 weeks later
#5456 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Does anyone know if the pinsound board works or is downloadable with just the movie/theme music? Without the Arnold impersonator? In other words, with just the movie score, but original Arnold call outs?
Thanks

Yes you can put any score on it mixed with any sound effects (original Arnie or impersonator). The impersonator will be higher quality audio, but you can still using original Arnie callouts if you prefer. You can swap in any music and any sound effects you want.

1 week later
#5579 6 years ago

Let me know. This has been driving me nuts for years now. No one ever had a good answer.

That is odd. I'm running L-8 and do not have this issue.

1 week later
#5610 6 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Ok I must have an issue with the game. My drop target in front of the skull does go up and down, but the Database insert never lights or does the random awards. Thank you for the insight. I'll tinker around tonight and see if I can figure out the problem.

Sounds like an issue with the drop target switch not registering. The switch should be closed when the drop target is down.

#5630 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Ok all T2 owners need your help. I somehow missed getting a tight picture of this skull area during the teardown. These 2 dimples, a screw of some kind goes in them and I know it has to do the plastics... but I don't what specifically. Any help would be awesome!

Here is another pinsider's T2 teardown with pics and info. Check pic #31 and on

http://creamyeagle.blogspot.com/2014/05/terminator-2-pinball-tear-down.html

3 weeks later
#5690 6 years ago

She is almost done just trying to resolve a F114 fuse error

Looking good! Brush a little coffee on the teeth after painting white for more realism.

#5695 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

On the subject of raised inserts... I've just finished overhauling my players condition T2. It has some raised inserts and I'm just wondering what the general opinion is, just leave them alone or try to clamp them back in? I'm just wondering with the clamping if they crack and then I'm in a world of sh*t.

I would fix them, especially if they are affecting the ball travel path. They should not crack when clamping them back in, use a piece of wood to distribute the clamping force over the entire insert.

#5697 6 years ago

Some locations you just might not be able to fit a clamp without some disassembly. You can also try tapping the insert back in, still using a piece of wood wrapped in some cloth.

1 week later
#5716 6 years ago

sunlight or cool white looks great on T2

#5748 6 years ago

Not to beat a dead horse here but you can fold down the backbox without keys, just an FYI

How do you remove the bolts securing the head without keys?

#5789 6 years ago

There is more than the plug, you also need to change the wire positions for the transformer connector, fuse and MOV. Maybe something else I'm forgetting.

#5802 6 years ago

I don't think Retro Refurbs has any license issues.

#5808 6 years ago

Thanks for that. My previous statement was more because Retro Refurbs didn't seem to care about license issues, they just sold whatever they wanted. If they are working with PPS now that's great, with the only downside that some of their stuff will never be available again and some of it will be on hold for an indefinite period until PPS approves it. Cost is likely to increase too so Rick can get his cut.

1 week later
#5825 6 years ago

Maybe the Beetlejuice method will work

Breaking_Dad
Breaking_Dad
Breaking_Dad

1 month later
#5963 6 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Okay, I assume the metal spacers should be the same height as the three black plastic cylinders that hold up the rest of the ball guide, right? Do the washers go over or under the guide?
Second round of oddball questions: the metal post in the photo is located so close to the pop bumper that the pop's metal ring has worn down the side of the post, and the post has worn away a little of the edge of the ring. Is this post supposed to be there, or has someone added it to prevent a ball from getting stuck? Do they rub against each other on anyone else's game?

That metal post looks correct. It's close to the pop bumper but shouldn't touch it.

2 weeks later
#6000 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Hey T2 owners, I'm investigating a lamp matrix issue in the thread linked below. Please can you tell me if your machine has J136 plugged in? It's 3 pin connector with 2 wires, one red w/yellow stripe and a yellow wire /grey stripe. It's located bottom right of the main board, to the left of J138.
I thought this connector was power to the start button lamp (via the coin door board). With it plugged in the start button lights but I get other weird matrix issues like doubled lights.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-t2-lamp-matrix-issue#post-4187430
Thanks.

My J136 is plugged in. Just one yellow/grey wire on the leftmost pin.

#6005 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Thanks Dude, and I take it you have a connector on J135 with the single red/yellow wire?
It looks like the previous owner has done a bit of a hack and patched that red/wire into the center of connector J136. I'm not what this means...

Yep. Here is a pic

PWRconnector4 (resized).jpgPWRconnector4 (resized).jpg

#6027 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Ain't it version 8.2?

It's whatever version you want. I can make it say version 9.6 if I wanted. There is a patch to fix the sound issue, and I don't change the version as gameplay is completely unaffected.

#6035 6 years ago

IMO the stock apron looks much better

#6039 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I love mine! It goes very well with my new plastic set!

To each their own...

1 week later
#6077 6 years ago

I think he meant farted up

#6092 6 years ago

PPS has them, I can't comment on the quality as I've never bought them.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-31-1008-50013-AP

3 weeks later
#6166 6 years ago

If anybody is in need of custom ROMs with the latest L-8 software and the LED ghost patching fix and/or to remove the attract sound completely let me know.

1 week later
#6211 6 years ago

Guys,

This is not difficult nor does it require any difficult software to use. The WPC / WPC95 Lamp Matrix Driver Rom patcher is readily available and it lets you make the game ROM any version you please.

#6216 6 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

What exactly do you want "your" GAME ROM to do?
Ghost Patch is easy to do and changes only some bytes in the data of the lamp driver and the tool automatically corrects the checksum.
There are some tools outside to work with, I think latetest version is 1.4?
Custom made things are different and change the measurement in the file and you will get a checksum error while booting the system.
Thus, important selftesting routines are out of function and you have the risk to damage assemblies (coils) in the game.
You need a HEX-Editor and some basics in ASCII and Binary Coding.
And there are more abilities to correct the checksum at the end... hard by calculating or using a software.
The first solution unfortunately is not safe and can cause the same problem with deactivated selftesting.
A main problem is the narrow space of custom text in the given coding - you can't write in what ever you want.
For instance, you get in trouble if you erase only one stop bit in the coding... possible effect... introduction text bad or missing or Pinball is frozen while booting, etc.
Much more problems you will have if you change the GAME ROM... all settings will be lost... not that bad, but it's annoying because that happend again and again until all the customizing is done.
And you need some hardware... EPROM Writer with software to burn in the data and an UV-Eraser to delete the data.

The ghost patcher is at version 1.4 yes, and it's the only tool needed to make the changes you have made. No checksum errors as the program handles everything. I think you are making this sound more complicated than it is to change the version number. We aren't talking about further software hacking which gets more complicated, just changing the rom version with the ghost patcher tool.

#6223 6 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Now we have a constructive discussion. Just curious, but is there any misspelled words in The English version of T2. Or only in the German version? I would expect faults in the foreign languages as they did not have google translate back then

I am not aware of any...

#6239 6 years ago

Breaking_Dad is online again, where ya been Joey?

2 weeks later
#6317 6 years ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

If there are not more printing questions about "Terminator 2 Aprons", I will return to my modded pinball cards for this pinball.
I´m designing all my recent pinball cards keeping in my mind chrome vinyl. I will show a little sample of this material:
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/miscelanea/Chrome%20Vinyl.%20Mikonos.jpg
Regards

Just make one post with all the info. We don't need a bunch of your threads peppered in here promoting your product.

#6323 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is the only post I'm seeing from this member. Are you confusing this with another member who has been peppering club threads with ads?

I am seeing 6 posts by this member in this thread.

#6331 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

But they're about different things and all relevant to T2.
Is there a reason why it bothersome in this case?

Sick of seeing his posts about his decals, same thing to me even if the content of the posts is different. I don't have a problem with him posting his work, but if he bumps this thread every couple days it seems like an attention grab and SPAM. I don't want to clutter this thread up anymore myself so do what you will and I will move on to more relevant discussion and ignore further posting about his decals.

1 week later
#6359 6 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What plastics need to be protected. I just started putting my T2 back together and am putting a NOS plastic set into the game. Are there any plastics that are prone to breaking, the game is going to be in my house so not played hard but I was wondering if there are certain plastics i should be protecting with some sort of washers or clear plastic protectors

I would recommend protecting the slingshot plastics and the lower tips of the 2 plastics to the left and right of the skull. Clear PETG washers from pinball life should work nicely.

1 week later
#6441 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadHuntaz:

How do I join the T2 group..just got mine last weekend...

Everyone is already a member, whether they own the game or not. Welcome.

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Does anyone have a source for those nylon cable ties with a screw hole/tube molded as part of them, used at the bottom of the backbox to route the wire harnesses?

Search for "screw mount cable ties" on any website (Amazon, eBay, etc.)

#6471 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I just explained the situation to him. All good....

We shall see. He had a 7 day timeout last time and apparently couldn't figure it out. Maybe his 14 day timeout will do the trick.

#6487 5 years ago

All is right in the world again

Welcome back Joey

#6499 5 years ago

3 balls. Page 1-3 of the manual.

#6503 5 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

He started regular multi-ball, then the trough detected the 4th ball thinking he instant drained and shot it into the playfield.

It's an undocumented feature

#6527 5 years ago

Nice T2s go for $2350. Very nice go for $2351 and then if you get into extra nice territory who knows

#6537 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Price Check: what would a fully restored T2 (brand new cabinet, new decals, new playfield, new plastics, perfect Translite, etc) be worth in today’s market?

$4500

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Idk how clear it comes in but I am very happy I decided to replace the decals for a second time work wasn’t too bad minimal prep to get the cabinet ready.

What is that large scratch on the lower right?

J/K, looks great!

#6555 5 years ago

T2 is a very early WPC DMD game and as such has very simple animations, and not a whole lot of them. Personally I use a DMD Extender (and RPi and used LCD from eBay) and I'm all in for about $200 with a beautiful LCD screen with different dot mode options. I have it set to just use 4 shades of red and it looks much better than a stock DMD, you can also go crazy and assign different colors to different DMD shades though. I have seen red/blue combinations that look decent.

1 month later
#6649 5 years ago

The loose nut goes underneath as in your picture.

#6663 5 years ago

Marco has them

#6677 5 years ago

DMD Extender is a great option for T2. If you buy a good used LCD panel from eBay you can be all in for about $200. I have mine set to 4 shades of red and it looks awesome, but you can choose other colors to swap in as well.

4 weeks later
#6763 5 years ago

Aww man he put too much blue in them!

1 month later
#6807 5 years ago
Quoted from algrande:

They only answer is OCD board. http://ledocd.com

That's not the only answer for WPC games!

You can apply the WPC ghost patch to early WPC games like T2 which works great. I have done so and I use cheap LED (NOT non-ghosting) and I have zero ghosting artifacts on my game. PM me if you want and I can send you the modified rom or burn for you.

#6810 5 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

Mine has ghosting as well and I have the profanity old rom set (I didn’t install it). Was planning to update to latest code since I read the profanity set was on older code. Do I also need to apply a patch to the latest code or is that the patch itself?

Ghost patch has to be manually applied to any T2 code including the profanity rom.

4 weeks later
#6852 5 years ago

Does anybody have a high quality scan or image of the drop target decal?

#6866 5 years ago

Nice! No custom etching though.

Oh I didn't realize that was a custom etched crosshair on yours, cool.

#6874 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I PM'ed Tim (indypinhead), and he says he's still making them, but it'll be a couple weeks before he can get to them because he's got some shop remodeling going on.

Well post up when they are ready again because I might want to try it

1 week later
#6883 5 years ago

Your 3-bank target is not missing any plastic. HK ship available from a few sources, here is one: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8570

2 weeks later
#6892 5 years ago

You guys are good, no need to change the sound roms.

#6897 5 years ago

Lookin good. Where did you get the plastic protectors?

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

I am about to install a beautiful T2 repro playfield.
But what drills/tools do I need to buy to prepare all the holes etc.?
I think I read about a restoration guy in here who where selling a "pack" with all the tools needed but can't find the thread/person.

That would be from @kruzman, send him a PM and he can get you a kit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kruzman-clear-install-kit-is-a-life-saver

#6910 5 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Added an illuminated drop target
[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you post a pic underneath?

#6913 5 years ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

What are you using for the eye mods those look good much better than the wedge based with the rubber over them.

https://www.pinballlife.com/briteeyes-terminator-eye-mod-for-terminator-2-pinball-machines.html

1 week later
#6923 5 years ago

The best H-K mod in my opinion is from Pinbits. I've never seen it in stock on their website so I emailed Pam a couple years ago and they made one for me.

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=351&zenid=7b1c72bc1c77df7bd03c40f345126d29

There is another mod available from a guy from the UK on eBay (Judge Dredd?), it is more expensive and looks tacky (again just my opinion)

2 weeks later
#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

What is the best ROM version to run on T2? L-8?

Yep L-8 is the latest and greatest. I can also modify it if you like to add the LED ghost patcher and remove the banging noise from the attract sound to the L-8 revision.

#6939 5 years ago
Quoted from DK:

The infamous L-8.2???

No, not sure what L8.2 is but keep in mind anybody can rename any rom version as they please.

#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

Tell me more...

The attract sound still has an occasional banging noise even when you turn off attract sounds in the menu. This can be removed for a completely silent attract mode.

Thanks to John Honeycutt the ghost patch changes the lamp matrix driver to a later WPC revision that handles LEDs without ghosting. This means you can use less expensive LEDs in the inserts which do not include any non-ghosting hardware built in to them and still look great.

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

soooo,
I'm putting on new rubber, what's the consensus, Black or white?

I don't think you'll get a consensus, lol. My preference on T2 is black.

2 weeks later
#7037 5 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Thank you both for your help.
So it sounds like I have to bend it and also add a piece of wood between the bracket and the cabinet before it will fit as it should. "Funny" enough I asked the store before I ordered if they would fit and was told "yes".
Right now I feel like I will trash them and use the original ones. I am doing a complete restoration so just wanted the "best" now when everything was taken apart. But guess this might not be the best after all..

Don't trash them, they will be an improvement. You just have to slightly bend it back to 90 degrees and fill in the gap with wood.

#7039 5 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

That's a pretty thick piece of metal, I doubt you'd be able to bend it even slightly unless you either use a metal press or are Superman. I'd contact wherever you bought it and have them send you a replacement, just take some photos to show them that it wasn't made correctly.

If you have a vise it could be bent easily, but I agree if you don't have a vise or means to bend it then return it.

#7048 5 years ago

That must be an early version before the custom PCB was made, looks cool!

#7060 5 years ago

What size screws and nuts hold on the T2 endoskull platic on top of the left ramp? Mine came zip tied on and I want to fix it. Are they nylon locknuts? Could not find this listed in the manual.

#7068 5 years ago
Quoted from ypurchn:

Bump for ya. You’re always helpful with more advanced stuff and I wish I could return the easy favor but Doc has me on a 5 lb lifting limit at the moment, so, I can’t pull the glass to measure these. If someone doesn’t get back with you by Saturday I’ll have my dad pull the glass when he comes up.

Thank you!

Quoted from jmountjoy111:

This is the only picture I had that shows it from my shop out. It has a 6/32 machine screw screwed through the bottom of the plastic through the metal skull plate. Then the skull sits on top of the screws and a nylon nut attaches it to the plastic. Hope that helps.
[quoted image]

I am actually referring to the flat plastic at the top of the left ramp, sorry for the confusion.

50794_mop (resized).png50794_mop (resized).png
5 months later
#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from Milltown:

Im,new to the t2 club.. Just about finished with my machine..,, adjustments . led bulbs . rubbers ., gun rebuild ECT ect ..,
Im haveing trouble on my kick back in the left outline.. I know most of the time the ball is suppose to make the orbit on the kick back . mine does not.it hits the metal on the right side and falls back imto the pf ... I've adjusted the coil mech sevral ways . re sleeved the coil ...tryed to adjust the lane. ., with a little improvement but not alot... Not a huge deal but I like things to work properly ,, I just waxed the shit outa the metal and lanes.., any suggestions are cool..

it's normal

1 year later
#8165 3 years ago
Quoted from thegarse:

Since there's no way to mute the clang clang

Not in the stock ROM, but it can easily be modified to remove that sound from attract mode for total silence.

3 months later
#8484 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Hey man,
I am not questioning the instructions on the link, and your post does not help me.
Sorry If I am still a little salty after I spent 2 nights looking for a transistor that does not exist....
Just kidding.
With all due respect, would it be too soon to assume that you:
a- did not read what I asked
b- did not comprehend what happened in the previous post, what I am trying to do and on the link provided
b.1- assumed I am stupid
c- all of the above

For the record and for the sake of future readers, can you please explain yourself when you say:
...'The reason the J115 connector is wired different is that the 9 pin connector at the other end of the wires (that connects into the transform) is wired different (and has additional wires running between the connectors). You can't simply change one end and hence why showing photos of the early WPC secondary cable isn't going to be of any help if you intend on creating the revised "home-run" WPC secondary cable...'
I believe you are trying to say:
The connection are not wired 'differently', simply, there are no loops at J115 by adding an extra cable at certain connections at the molex CONNECTING at the transformer, which REPLACES the loops at J115.
Is this what you tried to say?
Or are you saying than the ACTUAL connections at the molex IN THE TRANSFORMER are in different positions?
Please explain yourself or you are confusing me and others.
Thanks

He is saying that it doesn't matter how your connector is currently wired if you are planning on using a new home run cable, because it is wired differently than your current setup anyways. At least now you know that yours is wired correctly if that's what you were really wanting to know. On my game I just replaced the existing connector with the same wiring. A home run cable is nice but unnecessary expense in my opinion when the existing wiring is fine and only needs a new connector.

2 months later
#8619 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Couple of issues with my newly acquired T2:
1. The right lower standup targets for the kickback relight acting strange. Sometimes the lights work, sometimes off. They still register if hit and will relight kickback, but the associated lights don't come on. Sometimes the flash on during the game and then go off again. I have fiddled with the wedge sockets and sometimes they come on, but eventually go off again.
2. During the start up of a game, I hit the skill shot and all of a sudden a multiball started. I'm sure that's not suppose to happen. Any thoughts on what to check?
Thanks.

1. Cold solder joints are common at the header connection on the small PCB that those wedge sockets plug into. Try wiggling the connector to see if you get any response. It's best to remove the old solder and add new solder, otherwise, you can probably get away with reflowing the existing solder and just adding a little fresh solder while doing so.

2. Odd behavior, my first thought is trough switches? Check that all 3 of them are acting properly in test with and without balls. Otherwise, another switch issue somewhere but I've never seen this happen myself.

5 months later
1 month later
#8755 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

good lookin machine! bravo sir. im a big fan of the neo-geo sittin in there too.
your first order of mod business is as follows:
- pinsound+ sound board
- external sub
- color DMD

+BriteEyes
+NVRAM

2 months later
#8887 2 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Anyone know where this piece goes? I found it in front of the gun laying on the metal ramp/rail. Thanks.

Thanks for posting this! What perfect timing. I had a random piece of black plastic start sliding down the playfield during a game, and since this thread was still in my head, I easily identified it as one of the 4 corners in the popper

IMG_20220208_215400~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220208_215400~2 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#8933 2 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Thanks, I will go ahead and install the protector as it is right now, cross my fingers that I will not regret it
It is only 0.5mm thick (PETG/VIVAK) so I hope it don´t affect too much. Someone above wrote that the ball will jump when going from shooter lane to pf, but I really hope that will not be the case due to only 0.5mm thickness.

If there are any issues you could always use a piece of 2 of mylar to make a smoother transition onto the protector.

2 weeks later
#8990 2 years ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

I got a plastic kit and have these two triangles with serial numbers on it. Where do they go?
Question 2. Rebuilding the flipper. Does the yellow resistor go a specific direction or is it any way goes onto the EOS switch. There aren’t any directional markings so I’m assuming it’s the latter.

The yellow (capacitor) is not polar and can be installed either way.

The triangle pieces are to stop trapped balls, see this post (click on it to go directly to it with pics):

Quoted from Manny65:

Here's some images I've grabbed online - the triangle pieces just need to be rotated such that no ball hangs are possible (that said many people don't find them necessary).
The drop target shows the rectangle plastic guide actuator (#24 in pic) - my blue arrow shows the plastic in the left hand view. Note the switch actuator arm (red arrow) sits below the tab on the drop target (black arrow), and the guide simply holds the in place. Note that the original drop target (as per the manual) didn't have the switch guide, however this drop target was used in a few later B/W machines (eg STTNG & TS) whereby the guide was included to correct the issue (of the the switch arm getting pushed sideways)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#9021 2 years ago
Quoted from MydknyteStyrm:

Update. I changed the F102 fuse and the flipper works. Except when I hold it down. There’s a hum and the fuse goes. Could this be the EOS?

Yes. It could also be the shoddy soldering to the flipper coil as previously mentioned.

#9035 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

I’ve just put comet leds in my T2 and noticed that 3 of the bulbs immediately flicker and not a steady on then off when in attract mode. All other bulbs seem fine.
It’s the bulb in the middle and one at the end of the below video.
I’ve tried swapping the bulbs, and they work fine in other sockets. I’ve reflowed the solder but nothing has fixed it. All 3 are connected to the J133-2 string (red/black wire). I also tried re-setting the connector but still no change.
Can anyone advise me on what is causing this?

Looks like ghosting that can be solved via patching the rom. Shoot me a PM if you need help with this.

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

Would this still happen even with non- ghosting leds? It’s strange, I only have the problem with these certain 3 bulb sockets.

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's possible. I use regular LEDs without any non-ghosting features myself with the non-ghosting rom and it works extremely well.

3 weeks later
#9064 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Hello,
I have a question regarding the adjustment A.2 21 "Drop Target Down Multiball" in the service menu.
[quoted image]
I can't find a description for this function.
Can someone tell me, for what this setting is used for?

During multi ball the drop target normally starts in the up position, so it takes 2 shots (the first to drop the target) to lock a ball into the skull. With this setting enabled, the drop target does not raise at the start of multi ball so the first shot to the skull will lock.

3 weeks later
#9128 1 year ago
Quoted from rvermeire:

OK so replaced my U8 with Nvram on a socket. Still have the same error on the cpu board : LED D19 and 21 on, D20 off.
Anyway to measure if my soldering was done ok as I had a lot of trouble to make soldering stuck on the pcb.
Or what else could be the cause of this issue?
[quoted image]

That photo is pretty blurry, but from what I can see it is very likely that you damaged some pads/traces during the NVRAM installation and it may need professional repair or replacement.

1 month later
#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

A lot of old bugs have been fixed, incorrect spellings have been corrected and features for improved gameplay have been integrated.
Everything is done in such a way that it can also be turned off.
Besides flickering displays and LED, malfunctional target lights and drop target, the code has also been expanded, improved and also corrected in the sound area.
The ROM contains all functions of L-8, L8.1 as well as L8.2... and much more that is described in the Enhanced A.2 Adjustments.
What we can say is, that still a bug from Color-DMD remains in THEIR software regarding the animation of the Hunter Killer Ship. We gave advice how to fix that and now it's up to them to do something, or not!
An interesting fact is, that DMD from Pin2DMD are not involved with that issue, because they made a better job.
All the other things have been improved successfully.

A couple questions:
1. What are the changes that involve the "flickering displays?" I'm aware of the led ghosting patch and use it on my game, but have never heard of flickering displays.
2. I thought the profanity rom requires different sound roms as well. Does your new program rom require new sound roms for profanity as well?

#9220 1 year ago

Looks neat, I'd love to try it out. When will it be released?

#9222 1 year ago

Can the files just be posted/linked to here in the meantime?

#9227 1 year ago

I just wanted to chime in and say that the new animation code in L8.3 is awesome! I'm using an LCD display in my game (DMD Extender) and I had gotten so used to the flickering in the various animations that it didn't really bother me. Now that I've tried L8.3 with the new animation code I will never go back! The transitions between frames are so smooth and the difference is very noticeable. It feels more modern just due to the smoother animations. I've been running my previous rom hack of L8.1 by removing the attract sound and adding the wpc led ghost patch, but now that L8.3 includes all of that and more as user-selectable options this is the only version I'll run going forward, unless there are updates to it of course. I haven't installed the profanity rom yet and enabled that option but will be doing so very soon.

2 weeks later
#9295 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I am tighter then bark on a tree and was thinking a little sanding may do the job. How stupid is that?

Not stupid at all. If all it takes is a little sanding then that's a fine solution.

#9305 1 year ago

PPS sucks. Anybody can and should use this game rom if they so choose. I'm a happy customer of this fantastic free update

#9317 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Sweet, thank you!! And only U14 needs to be updated? not all 4 sound ROM's? I hope the profanity can be turned off...

I held off on the profanity rom for years. Thought it was a neat trick but wasn't worth burning a rom and having it permanently present while missing out on the wpc ghost patching and true silent attract mode. Now there's no reason not to burn it, because you can just turn it on or off in settings quickly and easily if desired.

#9319 1 year ago

edit error - didn't mean to post

2 weeks later
#9323 1 year ago

If I don't fully hit the right ramp with full power, it always comes back down and goes SDTM. Is there supposed to be a wire or other piece to prevent this (like on BOP, ball return from pop bumpers has a SDTM blocking wire), or is this by design? It's just brutal! Yes I know I suck

1 week later
#9351 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Is there a tutorial somewhere on what hardware and steps are required to burn a new rom? I looked up a few things but they covered older burners that had troubles with current versions of Windows or were USB only and had problems supplying the required external power for some of these chips. Sorry, I don’t know a lot about burning rims yet. I once looked into burning PIC chips - but that was like 25 years ago.

I will recommend the GQ-4x4. I have the older version (GQ-4x) and it's very easy to use and reliable. It uses current windows based software and will program pretty much any eprom you need for pinball games and PICs as well.

https://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4282

1 month later
#9392 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Ok, cool. I realize these types of enhancements are popular with some, but I tend to lean toward the original speech and sounds as Mr Granner intended.
The primary motivation for me even upgrading the game ROM is for the LED patch and killing the door slam in attract mode.

The profanity addition was done by Williams employees back then, likely Granner was involved with it to some extent as well. It was just not meant to make it out to the public!

1 week later
#9402 1 year ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

My T2 is doing a fun trick now.
The coin mechs aren't registering credits and the test/menu buttons aren't registering (so i can't even set it to free play).
Anyone else run into something like that? I've only had time to check a few things:
- Fuses all look good. I even pulled one and powered on the machine, it registered the correct missing fuse during the auto check
- All LEDs on each board are either on/off/flashing as normal with the exception of LED 7 on the Power Driver Board. That one should be 'on', but it isn't
- Oh and the Slam Tilt registers as it should (I was just checking everything on the coin door)

Post a close up pic of the bottom of your mpu

1 month later
#9459 1 year ago
Quoted from Averell:

Let me tell you, that we are working on L8.4 right now.
We found some minor bugs that still remained in the old L-8 code, but we make really good progress and we are sure, this time all remaining issues will be fixed.
And we have some more features that we want to include, to make the gameplay more interesting.
For instance we will add a switchable feature to improve the behavior of hit and miss for the 5-target-bank.
Of course all these changes will be comprehensive in a changelog.
And the new features will be descriped in an enhanced manual.
I think, early next year we are able to release a last update.
So be patient and enjoy L8.3... until L8.4 will be available at IPDB.

Sounds great! I'll give it a go as soon as it's available.

#9466 1 year ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Anybody know the DMD backboard recess size off the top of their head? I was thinking of heading to TAPP plastics for a red acrylic piece to filter the dmd to red on the way home.
Thanks
D

13-3/8 x 3-3/4" so go a bit larger than that.

#9491 1 year ago
Quoted from tripplett:

Yes if you do all this work please share pics on here. I do have a question - you mentioned replacing all "targets and star posts, rubber, screws/nuts". I'm about to strip the top of mine, clean, polish the habitrails, leds, rubbers, etc. I'd love to put in all new screws. Is there a company that has a top of playfield screw & nut 'kit' (think LED kits) to go all new or did you just add up all the sizes and piece that together? Thanks.

No kit. Just look through the parts list and buy what you need. Pinball Life has good prices on hardware and everything else you need.

#9496 1 year ago
Quoted from nugsy:

Quick question about the L-8.3 ROM - if I'm not looking to install the profanity chip, only U6 is necessary to be replaced correct? I purchased a blank 27040 to replace my stock L-8 U6 but just want to confirm that I can keep the "Profanity" adjustment disabled on the L-8.3 with the non-profanity U14/15/18

Correct. No need to swap out the sound rom if you don't want to enable the profanity. You will get the standard callout with the option disabled.

1 week later
#9554 1 year ago

A countersink with a flat bottom is called a counterbore. Use the proper term when searching for bits and you will find better results.

#9556 1 year ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I stand corrected, and will cease further comment or assistance.

No need for that - your input is very helpful! My comment was more directed to the person who linked to countersink bits.

2 months later
#9828 1 year ago

Are you referring to the flipper EOS leafs or the flipper button leafs?

-EOS: P/N 03-7800 https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-end-of-stroke-switch-normally-closed.html
-Flipper button: P/N SW-10A-48 https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html

1 month later
#10027 11 months ago
Quoted from AD72:

Or does anyone have scans of them? They would look cool laser etched in plexi. I need them as well.

Cyberdyne (resized).jpgCyberdyne (resized).jpgSkynet (resized).jpgSkynet (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10105 11 months ago

My burner awaits the L8.4 release

1 month later
#10259 10 months ago
Quoted from gac:

I apologize if this has been addressed before but which custom version or versions of pinsound files is the 8.4 rom compatible with? Only certain ones? Thanks

Should work with any pinsound mix, with or without profanity.

2 months later
#10371 7 months ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

And this is a picture of YOUR T2?

Who cares? It's how the gun handle should look. Chrome is best.

1 week later
#10388 6 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I just dropped off my T2 to a shop for some board work, playfield touch ups and clear coating. He also does powder coating.
Has anyone seen any cool colours for the ramps? Or best to just hand polish back to stock finish?
Thanks!
Richard

I've never seen colored wireforms on T2 - chrome is best IMO!

1 week later
#10396 6 months ago

I have a very short stubby screwdriver set as well as an offset screwdriver set that are very handy for tight locations.

1 month later
#10516 5 months ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

With the profanity rom, does Arnold actually swear or is it just words on the dmd?

He swears.

2 months later
#10751 3 months ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Does anyone have tear down or shop out pics they could share?
An op friend brought me his game like this and of course, he has no pics.
Topside is completely stripped and all the coil assemblies have been removed on the bottom.
I need a LOT of help here.
[quoted image]

Here's one: https://creamyeagle.blogspot.com/2014/05/terminator-2-pinball-tear-down.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 21.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snakesnsparklers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/terminator-2-clubmembers-only?tu=snakesnsparklers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.